LastManAlive's Content

There have been 615 items by LastManAlive (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#160053 Rarest Nerf Gun

Posted by LastManAlive on 22 June 2008 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

It's def. gotta be the RF50. Nothing can beat that one.

#158975 Ghillie Suits?

Posted by LastManAlive on 12 June 2008 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

If you think about it, no there aren't many nerf wars in the bush. But damn guys...you can't just be like "Well I've never nerfed in a forested area so it's a fucking ghey idea, jebus christ!" I mean seriously, you are being rude and mean to the poor guy. My first nerf war was in the woods. It made a good war too. And I actually had someone sneak up on me and hide in a hole and get me. So yes, it is practical. Just because the ratio of forested nerf wars to non forested nerf wars is about 0.5:30, doesn't mean that he can't try to make one. They are handy as a pocket on a shirt during airsoft. And if you play some sort of attack and defend game or CTF in the woods, then someone with a ghillie suit would come in handy on the defending side or whatever. Think abou it, someone invisible laying 15 feet from the flag could slaughter a team just by basically using the flag as bait.

And Blashpemy, I didn't call them losers you dumbass. Try typing out S-N-I-P-E-R and you will see that it changes it to loser. That's because, as MonkeyBoy said, the language filter is set to change it to loser. There are no sni-pers in nerf. Thus when one sni-pes in nerf, they are losers. So I never said that an 11 year old would be an asset to the military...just that his work is of good enough quality for the military. [/end counter flame towards Blasphemy]

All I know is they are still bad-ass nerf or no nerf. So fuck you whoever is going to be like "no teh is n0t b4d4$$ cuz u can;t ooze them in nerf suck it you bizatch".

End of story, buy one and stfu you nUbz.

#156316 Slingshots

Posted by LastManAlive on 19 May 2008 - 06:07 PM in Off Topic

I actually didn't know people above the mason dixon lines even used slingshots anymore..

They're old fashion. Here in good ol' Almost Heaven we have rifles and shotguns. And thanks to Mass we were over populated with rodents such as rabbits and fox by the DNR. So then we were overpopulated with Coyotes and the such. So now I get a 35 dollar payment per coyote pelt as long as it was killed with a .22 rimfire or shotgun. My .223 Varmit and a 10 gauge hasn't stopped my easy income yet. So thank you Mass.

#154819 A.b.s.t.r.a.c.t

Posted by LastManAlive on 05 May 2008 - 09:01 PM in Homemades

Two things:

How do you get the BBs to stay in? Another, removable FBR cap?
And I suggest the acronym A.B.S.T.R.A.C.T.

Amazing BB Spread, Tatically Realistic Attachable Coupler Tech

Good acronym, no?

Love the mod. Good work (again), OfAll.

What's funny is this is like a shotgun, I've done it before. And your name is green buckshot, and he's using green bbs to make a shotgun...hmmmm coinsidence?

#154792 New Recons

Posted by LastManAlive on 05 May 2008 - 07:49 PM in General Nerf

Set the gun up infront of your mother and have her take the picture(s) to help explain it to us. PLEASE!!!!

Seriously, we have no clue what you are talking about right now. It's not that we want a picture just because we are greedy. If you could draw the damned thing then it would work.

#151443 My Recon M16a4

Posted by LastManAlive on 16 April 2008 - 02:49 PM in Modifications

It really looks good. I'll probably do simpilar to mine when I pick one up. As far as the magazine goes, why must it be out of CoD4? He said its a m16A4. Ever M16A4 I've seen in duty or in live action doesn't have a curve-mag. Its straight and holds 10 shots. All you need is a stock. Nice cosmetic.

#150993 Elephant Gun's Anyone

Posted by LastManAlive on 13 April 2008 - 07:46 PM in Off Topic

With some help with my cousin I dished out 350 bucks for a BFR (Magnum Research) .460 Magnum (.470 Marlin). I am now doing soem gunsmithing to get ready to sell the bastard. It shoots like a friggin' horse. But as far as home defense I'd say if the intruder doesn't shit themself to death then the percussion from the shot would kill them alone even if I missed.

#149907 Summer Dcno

Posted by LastManAlive on 07 April 2008 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

The 24th would be ok and maybe even better for me.

#148630 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by LastManAlive on 01 April 2008 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

5) You know how you watch that cop movie with your friends.

Key word here.
MOVIES DON'T MATCH REAL LIFE.

That would be "Key WORDS here".

About movies though, it just proves how fake they really are. Watch any James Bond movie...I'm almost sure that no Walther P99 holds more than 50 shots. Its as if the good guys get unlimited ammo or something. They'll all haxxing.

#148377 Summer Dcno

Posted by LastManAlive on 31 March 2008 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

The truth is I'm crunching money, time and my life into a big ball of frustration. I'm not too 'poor' to come. Let's not give people labels please. I'm having to dish out money to put new tires and a oil change on my vehicle in the next week, so I'm not sure where I'll be at on money. As far as time goes, I need to make sure I'm still going to graduate if I miss just one or two more days of school. I still don't even know if I'll have that big job yet. I want to come, don't get me wrong, but I need to get my affairs in order first. Thanks for the invite Slug.

#148347 Summer Dcno

Posted by LastManAlive on 31 March 2008 - 03:08 PM in Nerf Wars

And to drive to Maryland, that's a long ass drive. I've got 500 miles.

500 miles? What part of WV are you in? Anyway, so school gets out at like, what 2:00 PM? Just leave straight from school and arrive in Rockville between ten and midnight. Have the war on Saturday and then drive back through the night, or if you're too exhausted, drive back on Sunday. You don't have to miss any school.

I live about 20 minutes outside of Charleston West Virginia. I get back to school from vocational school roughly around 3:10 to 3:15 P.M. and could get on the interstate by about 3:30 P.M. And if I arrive to Rockville around 10 or midnight, where am I going to stay? This all banks on me getting my 18 year old lisence a few days ahead as well. So that would be the only way I could stay in a Hotel/Motel is if I'm 18; trust me, I tried it last year with prom, you HAVE to be 18. I might try to take off a day from school and come in early to my Dad's place in Souther MD. I could drive up from there the next day, it's not that bad of a drive really. I need to talk to Sinfil also and see if he can budge it.

If it's on the 17th I don't expect any surprise parties you guys. But yeah, if I make it in I'll be cramming time and money. I think I'll just sell most my guns and try and make arrangements to borrow or purchase something that works for me there. As far as ammo goes, I'm low/out, so I need to bum bur or borrow as much as I can. I really want to come, but at the same time, I know it will be hard for me to make it there. 16 miles to the gallon will def take me a fill up of gas before I leave, so thats 50 bucks right there. Idk, but leave me for a maybe.

#148071 Summer Dcno

Posted by LastManAlive on 30 March 2008 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

What? Did someone say "Summer DCNO"? I thought I got stiffer for some reason. Um yeah, I'd like to be there. *hint* I put like in italics *hint*

Um, those are some pretty crunching dates for me really since I'm still in high school and I might not be able to skip many days to take off for it since I have skipped too many as is. The 3rd and 10th would be pressuring me in taking a few days off school to be there. And the 17th is my b-day and I've got many options on what to do. I'd love to have a huge balls-out party for the big one eight at home, and then there's Rock on the Range in Columbus Ohio which is a 2 day concert, 30 plus bands, that I don't think that I could live through right now. And to drive to Maryland, that's a long ass drive. I've got 500 miles. I'll have to think about it, but I'll let Sinfil know as well. He doesn't Nerf now but he said he wouldn't mind going with me to a big war or 2. Which if you ask me is cool; it's all I do now anywho.

Other than that my plate is pretty hefted up with stuff. I've got graduation in June and a possibilty in a huge job. I might be starting an internship with a Piping and Structural Steel firm, Aker Kvaerner (sp?). So yeah, my life plan would have to come first in this case, but throw my name up on the maybes list.

#148067 The Heroin Diaries

Posted by LastManAlive on 30 March 2008 - 12:19 PM in Off Topic

Read something fucked up? Read Rant by Chuck Palahniuk. Yes, the same guy who wrote Fight Club and Choke, 2 other great books.

#144300 The Vulcan

Posted by LastManAlive on 08 March 2008 - 10:44 AM in General Nerf

Yeah Assassin's Creed got old fast.
I never really liked Bioshock, but the Multiplayer on H3 is always fun.

Ugh I really disliked that whole trilogy it was hecka lame. It just took too many shots to kill someone, but I think we should keep this thread concentrated to the title and not get sidetracked. To all those fags that said you could hook a car battery to this are fucking retards. Bigger batteries don't make the motors perform better they just give you more battery life.

I beg to differ my friend.

I hooked 3 9 volt batteries to an electric airsoft pistol and it made it shoot full-auto. It emptied the little clip in 1.5 seconds. It's not the size of the battery either, it's how much voltage is going from the battery to the object. In some cases, all you have to do is up the battery size. In the case of the airsoft gun, we went from 3 volts to 27 volts, 9 times the amount of 'power'.

I threw the car battery out there I think, and all I was really saying was that a mod for a larger battery load is a maybe, not that a bigger battery would make it shoot faster.

#143535 Spring Ohio War

Posted by LastManAlive on 02 March 2008 - 09:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Not this year, but a maybe in the future. It would be 400 miles total to get there and back. And I dont have the gas money or guns and ammo right now.

#143214 Oh My God.

Posted by LastManAlive on 29 February 2008 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Well, I was going to post, but I guess I'll just go clean the cream from my pants.

Nice to see you too spoon.

#142908 The Vulcan

Posted by LastManAlive on 27 February 2008 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Def. picking one of these up no matter what. I'll put it in my truck and do drive-bys through the neighborhood.

I can certainly see myself trying to connect more then one belt together and also trying to hook a huge ass battery up to it to help move a bigger plunger. I would say there is a gear box as well, so maybe some help from the airsofters would be inline. OMGWTFBBQ NERF PLUS AIRSOFT IS A NO GO AHHHHH!

But yeah, looks pretty cool. I predict it getting 30 feet stock.

#142130 Firearm Accuracy/precision

Posted by LastManAlive on 23 February 2008 - 10:17 AM in Off Topic

Caliber: Rem. 7MM Mag
Scope: Yes, 5xDistance: 250 Yards min. 300 Yards max (not too sure how far it was, didn't care to find out)
Target Diameter: A deer, got heart and one lung (diagonal shot)Date shot (optional): November 23rd 2007 Best shot I've ever made with that gun.

#141580 My 1st Homemade

Posted by LastManAlive on 20 February 2008 - 07:14 PM in Homemades

Posted ImageIts a saw paratrooper model.

#141569 Ghillie Suits?

Posted by LastManAlive on 20 February 2008 - 06:17 PM in Homemades

Go ahead, let him get one and burn up in it in a midsummer nerf war. I'll laugh as he dehydrates.

Aol Instant Messenger - CustomGhillie

He makes and sells custom ghillie items. Has made and sold items to U.S. losers for a few years now. I want one for airsoft buuuuut...its a bit costly.

#141394 Nerf Eliminator And Hyperfire

Posted by LastManAlive on 19 February 2008 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

I noticed that also Slug. If you look at the picture with the gun pointed southeast isometric almost (gun is pointed forward) and look at the chains on the table, you can see one black suction micro and the rest are streamlines. Guess they were shooting it some.

I still don't see how the hell it is electric somehow. It has a charging handle like the longshot. I would say you pull it back, fire, and pull it back again. Its a springer with a kickass body.

I like how they stole out idea too. The little attachable gun. The cocking handle looks like a NF...and the gun looks like a modded LS scope on the forums...preeeety suspicious.

#141377 My 1st Homemade

Posted by LastManAlive on 19 February 2008 - 07:51 PM in Homemades

If it were me, I'd go with a stock like a M249s. Not a saw stock, the little nub stock. The counter-strike M249. Looks good so far though.

#138868 Use Of Cell Phones In Wars...

Posted by LastManAlive on 05 February 2008 - 08:21 PM in General Nerf

Def. not in nerf. Too much helter skelter. Unless you are n00bs and camp and try to s.nipe people. I've done it was airsoft, but its not so helter skelter. You actually have to time to try and call. Voice commands and bluetooth help for that.

I say nay to cell phones and nerf.

#136661 Mega Nightfinder

Posted by LastManAlive on 20 January 2008 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

I got about 80 with two of my Nfs. I put a TTG plunger assembly (spring and all) in two old style Nfs. They got at least 80 feet but the spring was too much. The only reason why it did that good was because the TTG plunger had less room for the spring, so it compressed it more. The NFs didn't live long though. I don't advise anyone to attempt it.

#136657 Lock 'n Load Coupler Mod

Posted by LastManAlive on 20 January 2008 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

I bought one off someone at DCNO last year and love it. I have a 'silencer' barrel. The barrel screws on. I fixed the long screw time (not to take that wrong, please) by cutting some of the threads off. Its mainly for looks but it works good. I can just stuff a dart down the male adapter barrel if I need to also. Can't wait to test it out at a war.

Edit: Sorry about the nifty thing...I know a elementary teacher I need to pwnt for lying to me. I swear she said it was spelled knifty. I've been going through life saying "That's KA-nifty"....I swear...

#135524 Cutting Brass Tubing

Posted by LastManAlive on 10 January 2008 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Works great. I tried a larger one, but it dented the brass HORRIBLY. This one is tiny and cuts brass good and CPVC desently. I think I got mine for liek 3 bucks at a hobby store back in Maryland.

#134854 Possible War At University Of Maryland

Posted by LastManAlive on 03 January 2008 - 05:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Not in January for me, but maybe sometime in the summer.

#134302 Real Or Fake

Posted by LastManAlive on 29 December 2007 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

Ah HAH!

I knew that the firefly would have a reddot to go with it.

I have 4 brand new FFs BTW if anyone wants some.

#134243 Other Sports Or Shooting Sports

Posted by LastManAlive on 28 December 2007 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

Wow, a Tiberus...where did you find a feild that allows them? And what's in the XM8? Just a tippy custom or something else? I used to have an A-5 with a 24 inch teflon coated barrel, an E-trigger (I burnt the Turbo and Responce out because I hated them), and a SAW stock on the end. It was pretty nice. It beat my old Tippy 10 fold.

#134242 Cpvc Turret

Posted by LastManAlive on 28 December 2007 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

That accually looks really nice for a turret. Only one I know of that better for me is my 8 shot Firefly turret on my NF. Works wonders.

#133962 +bow

Posted by LastManAlive on 27 December 2007 - 10:36 AM in Homemades

Nice job Capn'. Yeah, I overheard talk about making a crossbow at the Summer DCNO while you were talking with PapaBear. Really nice job. No wonder you've been somewhat quiet lately.

As for purchasing, I plan (or, as or now, planned) on selling most of my guns off and getting a crossbow and modding the bejesus out of it and make my solid primary. So I guess I'll get one of yours if you get them made in a good amount of time. Not rushing you on it. After all, I still need to sell my guns off. I just need to get an estimate on the gun.

So how much would you charge for one with pink foam? Not including shipping. Hopefully I could just pick one up at the next DCNO you and I attend.

Thanks

#133567 Other Sports Or Shooting Sports

Posted by LastManAlive on 23 December 2007 - 06:50 PM in Off Topic

Starting back into airsoft yet not quitting Nerf. I'm just downsizing the arsenal soon. I enjoy hunting and fishing too along with just shooting a bunch. I have a few WW2 era guns and some newer models as well. I recently sold my TC 4570 and just bought a Rem. 700 SPS .223. Very nice, very accurate gun. Soon going to get a bigger bored and longer barrel for my 10/22. It has the little carbine barrel on it right now, but still the most accurate semi auto .22 I have ever seen. So that's me for shooting sports.

#132856 Zero Valve

Posted by LastManAlive on 17 December 2007 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

I heard it takes a good bit of air to work a zero valve unless it is small enough which in turn you get ranges that my farts can beat in battel.

#132855 Big Salvo Snipe Single Shot?

Posted by LastManAlive on 17 December 2007 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

I think you best bet is to moddify the gun the way its been in the past so you get hellacious ranges with all the barrels, then make a new attachment just be adding couplers to the new barrels and putting a larger peice of pipe around the couplers and neck that pipe down to a micro stefan sized barrel. No 4 ways, and it would maybe look better. That way you don't need to worry about lengths and what not to get the air to travel the same speed out of all the barrels. Also, when you go to glue the couplers into the large, outter barrel, glue them in place and let the glue slope towards the middle towards your single barrel. This way the air doesn't hit a brick wall when it tries to get out and instead empty better into the single barrel.

#132848 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by LastManAlive on 17 December 2007 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

Captain, I suggest you open the box and take it out real quick just to see if there is anything in it that is different. I'm not saying take the gun out, shoot it, take pics...I'm just saying cut the tape for us and get a pic of the gun still in the twisty ties at least. It might be the only one like my Tool concert hoodie. Went to buy one and the only one they had in stock in XL left over was a completely different one with a Tool shotglass in the MP3/Phone pouch in the hoodie pocket. I love how I noticed it when I put the hoodie on before it was washed and shrank in the washer and the glass bashed me in the nuts a good one. Anywho, it might have some kind of 'surprise' in it. Just cut the tape and take a peak for us.

Edit: Went to Wal-Mart today and happened to think to look for the Recon and didn't see it but a worker was sorta re-arranging the shelves...maybe they still stock it tomorrow. I'll go look and see if they got one.

#125651 Fall Dcno

Posted by LastManAlive on 09 October 2007 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, Oct. is out for me, and with the weather at what it's at, Nov. looks best for me. Even that I either have to A. get off my lazy bum and make darts and fix guns or B. get up off my lazy bum and get some cash to buy darts or C. get up off my lazy bum. I know I said I might make it in for my Dad's b-day and all, but at a turn of events there is a concert presetning 3 Days Grace, Seether, Breaking Benjamin, and Red 30 minutes away from me, so I will be there on the 2nd of Nov. If I can, I might be able to squeeze in one in Nov. But I seriously doubt it. I don't have to gas money for 900 miles of travel in my 16 MPG gass guzzler. It would be chepaer for me to take a flight in on the Friday before Thanksgiving, make it to the Fall war (have to borrow guns and ammo due to the flight) and then ride back with my Dad because he will be coming here for Thanksgiving. Now the only problem with that besides the guns and ammo is the fact that I want to be back home for Deer season which starts that following Monday but my Dad wasn't planning to take off from work and come over mid-week. I guess I will aim for the spring tune up and whatnot.

#124158 Halo 3

Posted by LastManAlive on 25 September 2007 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

My friend claims to have gotten 100 dollars out of his gamecube and 8 games. I dont play them much any more and I would rather buy games I would play more and could actually use more. I happen to have a LCD game screen for my Gamecube and a case and stuff. Depending on how much I get for my games, I estimate getting around 150 for all that stuff. And as far as the n64 goes, I would be better off selling it at gamestop rather than online or on Ebay since its not as old as SNES but not new like the Gamecube.

Back on topic now, we tested Forage mode and wow....its more than just customizing a map, its battleing at the same time. Im talking spawn some stuff for your team, grab whatever guns your want, and fly onto the feild as the monitor. I did the honors in pissing a lot of people off by buzzing behind their hovering hornet or banshee and smashing 10 different kinds of hell into them with the grav hammer. And the best part, to my amazement, is that Microsoft still left some things out from the releases and trailers. We were/are still finding stuff out about the game that wasn't released into the public. Unlockable armor seems like a nice way to really urge you to play the single player. And the single player was good as far as I actually got to play it. You really try to hang onto that tactical edge as they always had in the books in this one. The needler will probably be turned WAY down. Didn't seem to powerful or anything...but I guess with the rest of the changes in the guns it gets to bring out its mighty touch of God it always had even more so.

Things that did disapoint me was the speed of the Brute Chopper. In the reviews and screenshots, it seemed to have been going much faster for some reason. On a more random note, they remind me of the pod racers in Star Wars Episode one.

Another disapointment was the stick and fire grenades. They dont have that big of a radius to them. I must say though, the spike nades do a lot of damage when you get them close enough too. As far as the fire nades, I didn't try them out much. Just a trial throw to see the fire radius and then see what kind of damage it did. It did seem to spread the fire when walking through it so I think vehicles might be fun with those. It doesn't hurt to pick them up.

SPI armor doesn't seem to work. Maybe we didn't unlock the right kind yet, but I really looked forward to the new armor from the book series being in there. It would have made co-op a little more interesting. I found myself shouting to flank right and I would hang left and stuff like that. I could see having someone with the SPI armor going left and getting even more assassination kills that way along with the 2 stickies you are able to pull off and hand full of lead you can throw into their heads. Its funny, me finding what I dont like out of the game when I give it 5 out of 5 instantly.

#124145 Halo 3

Posted by LastManAlive on 25 September 2007 - 06:13 PM in Off Topic

Can you say cream in teh pants?

Because I couldn't once I played the game. But I don't deny creaming my pants.

I didn't subside into a 360 and thus not playing the Halo 2 Solo or Co-Op play, so what did I miss as well?

I played part of the co-op and some multi along with Forage (MEGA PANTS CREAMAGE). So far, I am selling le GayCube and le N64 and a shit load of games and shit to save up for the Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360 and a LE Halo 3.

I read the books so far up to about a quarter through Ghosts of Onix, so I know I will get some spoilers of Halo 2, but I don't care. Just nothing out of Halo 3 please.

#122919 100th Post

Posted by LastManAlive on 13 September 2007 - 06:59 PM in Off Topic

If OMC, Talio, or CX has posted this I would be just as dissappointed. Senority has no difference on how we are treated. We don't get dick slapped by the seniors around here and shrugg it off. But they don't dick slap us anywho. So, it's as if the If statement for both those commands wasn't even written or it was just ignored. Neither we get dick slapped and ignore it nor we get dick slapped period. (what happens at a Nerfing stays at a Nerfing)

You can take your baby carrots and shove them. And if you consider yourself a Lurker then what am I? I admit to whoring this forum for the use of modding ideas, selling my shit off, buying new shit to replace my old shit, and trying to make it to a DCNO or something.

#122731 The Minneapolis Bridge Collapse

Posted by LastManAlive on 11 September 2007 - 08:34 PM in Off Topic

I started my Drafting course this year out with having a research report on why I thought the Minneapolis bridge colapsed. As a class, we had to create a powerpoint presentation as well with pictures doncumenting the above possible causes. Because of many reasons, we got the presentation extended and have to now include a chart, graph, or, in this case, a poll will work. So, I was hoping to get at least some of the more respected or known members as well as any that feel free to join the poll to vote on what they think is why the bridge collapsed most likely collapsed. In my paper I used a selection of many reasons that, when combined, may have been the lead to collapsing the bridge. I am asking to, obviously since its a poll, pick one reason why your think the bridge collapsed. This is purely opinion. Feel free to post your opinion in here to further explain your ideas on the incident. Those that post your ideas and whatnot, I might choose your post to print and view to my class. If I choose your post, I will PM with a release agreement just saying that I am not steeling your idea, but simply sharing it. Onto the info!

So, I put 5 (6 including the 'Other' option) options up that my class found to be what may have led the bridge to its plunge into the Mississippi. The first, though funny, it's very possible, pigeon dung, was said by many resources to cause rusting and corrosion on the steel members and screws and other structural features. Yes, I laughed too when first hearing this, but my opinion was changed. Let alone big dung being corrosive and powerful, pigeon dung can be highly corrisive after going through the heat of the Minneapolis summer sun. But even more so when it goes through a process of baking in the sun and mixing with water and other compounds found in the air and in rain, and makes electrolytic salt. Pigeon poo alone is corrosive, but in this form, it strips paint off a car if you don't hit a good rain shower soon.

The next reason was also one of those "Yeah right...it's like blaming a fart for the air smelling just to cover yourself up". Global warming is the term that many articles are choosing to use for it. I called it extreme climate change or extreme weather. Apparently, as said by Minneapolis citizens, the first of August was a hot day like the past week or two had been. My reasoning, before I read the article, was that heat made the expansion joints close thus not allowing the bridge to move like most bridges need in order to function properly. After reading the article, I was right. But not the movement part. The joints closed to the point that the structural members that take tension away from the bridge couldn't take any more and the same to those of compression. On top of that, the concrete above said members to form the roadway had surpassed its rating for compression as well. So its potential to buckling and crumbling beneath the rush hour traffic was very high. This was, personnally, my pick of why the bridge actually fell on top of the others that weakened it and 'helped' it fall in the meantime.

Third, lack of maintenance. This theory goes so deep that the current President of the United States is at fault to some people. That thought goes about the fact that funding for maintenance on bridges in the U.S. was limited (quite obviously) thus, maintenance was not possible. But the actual lack of maintenance broke down to missing bolts, rusted members, slipping plates, and even the mesh gaurds to keep the pigeons out not being replaced after being broken into and corroded. This was my second pick of reasons to build off of.

The forth is poor infrustructure. The idea behind this was that with disregard to the lack of maintenance and only focusing on the rust, that the bridge just fell because it was so weak. It basically goes back to the maintenance since rust and corrosion can be treated after a while and even the pigeon dung, but if only over time the bridge rusted and caused it to fall. I didn't touch on that too much.

The last, besides the 'other' option, was the type of bridge or whatever was just not the right choice. Again, I didn't touch too much on that because there wasn't many resources or information on that idea. But the idea was that the bridge was designed in the year it was for that ammount of traffic and modifications needs to be made to take on the heavier load of the growing population.

These are all theories and opinions. Nothing is for sure yet. So, I ask for your help in this to get a good poll going to why you think the bridge went down. And if you choose other, please say what you think. I would greatly love to share with my structural class other ideas. Your ideas will be credited in our presentation if we plan to use it. Thank you in advance.