MFRnync's Content

There have been 109 items by MFRnync (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#168053 Awesome Nerf Office War Video (youtube Find)

Posted by MFRnync on 11 August 2008 - 10:40 AM in General Nerf

Hey guy's, I just stumbled across this video. Possibly the funniest and yet one of the most action pack Nerf videos I've seen to date. Thought I would share it with the community......

#111983 Long Island Nerf War(updated 6/25)

Posted by MFRnync on 19 June 2007 - 11:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Count me and two others in for this one, look forward to meeting everyone! B)

#99023 Banning Guns

Posted by MFRnync on 31 January 2007 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Ive never felt the need to ban a specific gun, if a dart happens to break skin, I tend to just suck it up and keep nerfing. Ive been a paintball player for several years and I have yet to be hit witha dart in nerf that equals or exceeds the pain a paintball can produce. I would suggest you throw on a sweatshirt, mandate eye protection and leave it at that.

#97306 Shotgun Foregrip Write-up

Posted by MFRnync on 28 December 2006 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

Nice write up...so, is the Drug abuse resistance ruler a political statement or did it juat happen to be faceing the camera? ;)

#96971 Youtube Find- C02 Powered Wildfire/quick Disconnect

Posted by MFRnync on 23 December 2006 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

My mistake, and your'e right I should have searched, sorry.

#96961 Youtube Find- C02 Powered Wildfire/quick Disconnect

Posted by MFRnync on 23 December 2006 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

I know external air sources are soemtimes extremely erotic by nerf purists but I thought this was extremley interesting. It appears to be a fully functional C02 powered wildfire.

#96905 Gears Of War

Posted by MFRnync on 21 December 2006 - 05:01 PM in Off Topic

Have it, beat the single player campaign and thouroughly enjoyed it :) . My only gripe about this game is that like many other very good games it was to short. Just as I has sunk my teeth in the credites were rolling.

#96904 Summer Of 07 East War (nj,ny,pa,ri,ma)

Posted by MFRnync on 21 December 2006 - 04:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Substance, if you hold it in NY (even somewhere in the city) I would be willing to drive out, but, I dont know if I would trek to Jersey for it. This Island has a lot of places where we could hold a nice war plenty of small parks and woodland areas.

#96902 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by MFRnync on 21 December 2006 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I noticed the brass you used is threaded, do you intend to make a cosmetic supressor or did it just turn out that way?

#95116 Longshot 3000

Posted by MFRnync on 24 November 2006 - 10:17 AM in Modifications

Nice Job, though I dont understand why people keep forsakeing the magazine feed on their Longshots. I just swapped out the spring and removed AR's and that gave the gun plenty of power. Can you post a video of this thing in action?

#94832 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by MFRnync on 19 November 2006 - 06:30 PM in General Nerf

Am I the only person here who finds this more than a little ridicullos? Not the three hundred some odd feet of range, I cant say I know for certain you actually acheived that much distance, what I can say is that I dont really care weather or not you did. The fact that so many of you do is pathetic. If this guy is playing it fast and loose he certainly wouldnt be the first person on the internet to do so :rolleyes:. If hes on the up and up more power to him, except it would be the most impracitcal nerf mod I've ever seen. If you trully did acheive close to 400 feet with a slightly angled shot I shutter to think about the pain and possible injury that thing might cause at close range. My second issue with this mod is that, though it may provide excellent range, what the hell are you going to hit at 300 ft? As a avid shooter I can tell you that I neraly always employ a scope at 100 yards or more and sometimes at ranges less than that. A nerf gun with little or no sighting system let alone a telescopic sight is is the equivillent to to me blindfiring with a firearm from that distance. I might scare the shit out of somebody but chances are I wont hit the broad side of a barn. Frankly even if all you claim is true, you havent accomplished a thing. Any of us could slap a pvc barrel on a paintball gun and send a dart soaring a couple hundred feet, get over yourself.

#93579 Gears Of War

Posted by MFRnync on 03 November 2006 - 06:38 AM in Off Topic

I just watched the E3 game demo a day or so ago and it made me really want to play the game, reserved it at eb games, Ill put a review up after I get some play time in.

#93544 Gears Of War

Posted by MFRnync on 02 November 2006 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

Yes Im reffering to the xbox 360 shooter, I was doing some reaserch on it today and it came to my attention that the " sni*** rifle" in the game is not only called the longshot but a bears a striking resemblence ( minus bright colors :wacko: ) to the nerf longshot.

#90845 Nerf Gun Club At School

Posted by MFRnync on 29 September 2006 - 09:22 PM in Off Topic

How old are you guys? I dont think there would be a dedicated enough or large enough demogrpahic on the high school level for it.

#89416 Assasination News Story: Good Game Or Bad Game?

Posted by MFRnync on 09 September 2006 - 05:01 PM in General Nerf

I hadnt seen this when it was posted last time, but, that seemed to be relativley positive coverage. The media obviously had to create controversey to make the story more interesting to the average viewer. Did he say they had over 100 participants? It gives you hope for the future of nerf, thats for sure.

#89194 11 Year Old Children Should Not Posses Or Play With Airsoft Guns

Posted by MFRnync on 06 September 2006 - 02:24 PM in Off Topic

The last time I checked, this wasn't a blog site. If it has in my absence, cx will be getting a resignation letter from me shortly...

Granted, but, I did post in the off topic fourm which is specifically intended for non nerf topics. If it offends you so deeply you could, oo, I dont know, perhaps not bother reading it? Thankyou for the advice piney :unsure:, the very reason I hung up was to avoid stooping to her level and engageing in name calling or any other ridicullos conversation.

#89127 School

Posted by MFRnync on 05 September 2006 - 05:31 PM in Off Topic

I rememeber my first day of high school, good luck to all the young ones out there, dont let them make you into something your not!!

#89126 11 Year Old Children Should Not Posses Or Play With Airsoft Guns

Posted by MFRnync on 05 September 2006 - 05:29 PM in Off Topic

Falcon, I appreciate the advice, I think :)? Although I do find the no one should be playing airsoft statement a bit frustrating. Perhaps I shoul have kept him on my team, but the fact of the matter is he dosent know me, he heard about the games (I bielive) thorugh word of mouth and the internet and than had his mother aproach me about allowing him to play. I was happy to try and mentor him in the game of airsoft but Im angry that I went the extra mile and was repaid with greif from his mother. Honestly, the languge was unavoidable, we all use it, its just subconciously bonded into the way we speak on the field because of the high levels of adrenaline and emotion that are flowing. I get a simmilar ush from nerf, though the pain factor is lower so the resulting languge is usually a bit more tame.

#89102 School

Posted by MFRnync on 05 September 2006 - 02:52 PM in Off Topic

I go back to the penitentiory they call an educatonal center tommorow :), I really am sad that this summer is ending much more than ever before. Well its the last year of mindless high school classes and then I finally move onto college! :blink:

#89091 11 Year Old Children Should Not Posses Or Play With Airsoft Guns

Posted by MFRnync on 05 September 2006 - 10:17 AM in Off Topic

I'll preface this post by saying that it is a bit of a rant because I need to dispose of some built up frustration over a an issue Ive been having involving Airsoft. I host airsoft games on privatley owned property with the permisson of the owners every other weekend of the month from 9-4, the games usually attract a large number of participants and it has generally been our policy that no player under the age of fourteen is allowed to participate without a responsible adult. That being said, my neighbor has an 11 year old son who was interested in playing at the field but she was unable to acompany him being a working single parent. I foolishly tried to be kind and said I would allow him to play if she would sign a waiver of release and understand that he may be exposed to harsh/vulgar languge, adult conversation etc. ( boys will be boys type of things). So, this past sunday her son shows up to the game in jeans and a T-shirt sporting a BE Aug airsoft rifle super 9 pro V2 "loser rifle" and NBB pistol, the make of which I cant recall. The majority of the players wear full batlle dress to games and almost everyone carry's high end Aeg's/Gbb's. Nevertheless we welcome the kid to the game and put him on a team with a group of experienced players hopeing they will help mentor him. The day seems to go fine and every time I ask the kid responds thast he is having a great time. I even buy him lunch and volunteer to take him home at the end of the day so that is mother can take care of her other children! I swear I had not been home for an hour and was entertaining my girlfriend and some other company when my mother comes down the stairs and informs me that the boys mother is ont he phone and upset. Not sure what she would be angry about pickup the phone only to be screamed at. " what the hell goes on at these games?, my son is cut and bruised all over, his knee is torn open". " Im sorry, slow down please, I wasnt aware he hurt himself , if I had been I would have been happy to help". " OOO Im sure of that, just like you helped him learn the wonderful languge hes been using, how dare you use explicatives in front of my son. "Ok hold on just a second, you were informed that he very well might be exposed to that kind of behavior and its part of the reason we normally require parents to be with young children". Who has time for that?, were not all rich you knowwww. I expect an aplogy, at that point I was so angry I hung up and havent called her back. Any advice?

#88973 Nerf Video

Posted by MFRnync on 04 September 2006 - 08:38 AM in General Nerf

Not to be a jerk here, but, the thread just going to end up dissapearing without the film for people to critque. I commend you for creating a nerf moi and look forward to seeing it though.

#88538 Need Assistance Modding A Longshot

Posted by MFRnync on 29 August 2006 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

Yes, I made some foolish boasts when I first registered here last summer :)

#88532 Need Assistance Modding A Longshot

Posted by MFRnync on 29 August 2006 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

I know their have been several longshot modification topics but I am an extremley unmechanically inclined person and I need help. I managed to break my first LS after trying to modify it, so if someone could post a step by step ( please make it idiot proof) mod tutorial for me it would be much appreciated, thankyou in advance :).

#88424 Sooo Who Are You?

Posted by MFRnync on 27 August 2006 - 02:17 PM in Off Topic

hahaha, the point of this thread isnt to label others, its to allow others to label themselves. Punk and emo are not simmilar, "punk" the music and the lifestyle is about fighting injustices in society, the crap you see on fuse and mtv2 is wronlgy labeled punk. True punk rock is anti flag, aus rotten, leftover crack, the dead boys etc.

#88407 Sooo Who Are You?

Posted by MFRnync on 27 August 2006 - 10:26 AM in Off Topic

Emo and punk are far from the same thing please do not make a comprison between the twi.

#88402 Sooo Who Are You?

Posted by MFRnync on 27 August 2006 - 09:58 AM in Off Topic

Im punxasfuck myself, but I have friends from many different social scenes, aside from extremley preppy and athletic kids. By the way, if anyone here has a myspace, post a link www.myspace.com/longislandairsofter

#88396 Sooo Who Are You?

Posted by MFRnync on 27 August 2006 - 09:00 AM in Off Topic

Im just curious, for those of you who are still in high school, ( this may possibly apply to college as well). What social groups/cliques do you feel that you fit into? Are you a nerd, punk, emo kid, gangster, jock etc.? Im interested in knowing what demographic most nerfers see themselves in.

#88362 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 26 August 2006 - 02:06 PM in General Nerf

Seems a bit fishy to me as well, why would you have even participated in such a childish exchange rather than get the manager and resolve the issue?

#88329 Russian Roulette Anyone?

Posted by MFRnync on 25 August 2006 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

orrr... he could have been making a funny ( cruel to those of polish decent) but funny joke

#88317 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 25 August 2006 - 04:00 PM in General Nerf

I have never gotten a smart ass response because I am 1000.

-Butt

Who would have guessed :rolleyes:

#88294 Russian Roulette Anyone?

Posted by MFRnync on 25 August 2006 - 08:22 AM in General Nerf

Haha yes I've played ( with a stock mav of course), makes an excellent drinking game...welll... not that I would know :lol:

#88292 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 25 August 2006 - 08:18 AM in General Nerf

Thanks Piney :lol: , I can certainly understand skepticism over weather some behavior exhibited by the cusomer brought on the out of line reactons of the employee's, but, I assure you I did nothing but attempt to pay for the items I wanted and kept my cool throughout

#88273 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 24 August 2006 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

Well, I'm not to sure I bielive all of last man alives story but hey, at least someone has dealt with a simmilar situation. Btw, I recieved a free $75 dollar gift card after making a complaint over the phone tonight. I guess it pays to shitty service at tru :P.

#88262 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 24 August 2006 - 08:09 PM in General Nerf

The ironic thing about the whole situation is that I am not in my twenties, I am two weeks away from being eighteen , but, I'm a BIG guy both height and husk wise :P . To give you a general idea Im 6'2 AND 308 lb's, so people tend to misjudge my age from time to time. By all means I could have knocked this guy well into last wek with one punch, but, I'm not about to start a physical altercaion I know I would win over the poor attitude of some mimimum wage shmuck. I am going to file a formal complaint with the store manager over the phone tommorow, possiby n person if I decide to go back and pick up a few more guns.

#88219 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 24 August 2006 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

First of all I apolagize for the extremley poor grammar in my last post. It was early in the morning and I had just stepped out of the shower and was in the process of getting ready for work. In retrospect I could have gotten into a confrontation with the employee, involved the management etc. Than again, what would that have really done? I doubt they would have fired the guy because of it and I would have felt bad about it if they had. As nasty as he was I bet it was something outside work that was eating at him and Ill just be sure to avoid him in the future

#88195 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by MFRnync on 24 August 2006 - 06:47 AM in General Nerf

Yesterday evening I went to my loal lake Grove Toy's R" Us and picked up two longshots and a mag strike to prepare for a late night modding sesson/movie night. I grabbed what I wanted and proceeded to the register not expecting anything ut of the ordinary (who would)? I placed te items down on the counter and pulled out my debit card. Then as I handed the employee my card he stood for a second and looked down at what I was buying, letting out a long and obnoxiouly deliberate sigh as he did so. I played it off casually laughing a little bit and entered my pin wanting to get across the street to meet my friends for dinner as quickly as possible. He had just begun to grab a plastic bag when he turned to me and said, you know.... dont you thing these are a little innapropriate for someone of your age? I was stunned he would even have the nerve to inquire about a customers purchase and all I ould muster was a labored " excuse me"?. " Dont get me wrong", he said, but you look like your in your mid twenties, what are you going to do with a nerf gun? "Why dont yu go play paintball or something :blink:. I thought for a minute about weather or not I should start discussing the nerf interne t and modding community with this guy and then settled for, " Their fun to fool around with, and you can play with them indoors which is something paintbal does not alow you to do". "I still think its wierd" the guy continued and I have half a mind not to sell them to you". WTF! " I bet you and your punk friends will be cruising down the street shooting these at old ladys and kids. I was sisck of this guy and this conversation at this point so trying not to loose my temper I simply signed the elctronic reciept and said " you can think whatever you like but I have a ight to buy these and being rude to a customer is probably not something your manager would appreciate". He shook his head, bagged the items and I walked out angry and confused.

#88157 When And How Did You Start Nerfing?

Posted by MFRnync on 23 August 2006 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

So the fourm rules state, but I have a sneaking suspicion that some of our members may not have been entirley truthful when they joined :rolleyes:

#88103 Apoc 2006 Recap

Posted by MFRnync on 23 August 2006 - 07:00 AM in Nerf Wars

shit..... I guess it was a bad month to stop paying attention to the fourms :D . Only I could have the god awful luck of managing to pass my road test and procure a vehicle and than miss a war only a 2 hour drive from my house. Anyway, no use moaning and groaning I guess, looks like a good time was had by all, looking forward to meeting everyone next time. Just out of curiosity, if the horsemen wouldnt mind, what mods have you guys done to your longshots?

#88075 When And How Did You Start Nerfing?

Posted by MFRnync on 22 August 2006 - 06:33 PM in General Nerf

I started modding at age 13 when I discovered nerf on the net after randomly inputing the term "nerf gun" into a search engine. I certainly wasnt expecting to find anything interesting let alone an internet commnity as elaborate as this. Bear in in mind, by this time of my life I was already paintballing so many of my friends were confused as to why I would pick up a game like nerf which seemed so much less mature. That factkpet me from seriously modding nerf guns until apprxoimatley two years later when many of my friends who's parents refused to subsidise their paintball expenses needed an alternative combat sport that was easier on the wallet. And so it began ;), even though modification did not come easily to me ( Im not a very tecnically inclined person) I persevered and I think in some ways nerf helped me learn to set reallistic short term goals in life. HAHA, I know that sounds ridicullos but nerf contributes to time management skills. Its like, ok, I want to finish my titan build before ths weekends war soo Im going to have to put down the beer stop chain smoking marbloro reds and stumble into the grage. I would actuly play that game in my head and it kept me focused on a project. On a side note, the amount of very young people on this and other nerf related fourms makes me very uncomfortable. 11 year olds should not have unrestricted internet acess, nor should they be given acess to toools and modding supply's without adult supervision.

#87249 Longshot Mod

Posted by MFRnync on 12 August 2006 - 07:31 PM in Modifications

thanks for the video, btw what was your intended targt?