scientology's Content

There have been 31 items by scientology (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63472 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by scientology on 11 September 2005 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

From what I hear those things are extremely powerful. I don't think people would let you war with them.

it would be for experimental purposes ^_^

#63452 Simple Lbb Mod

Posted by scientology on 10 September 2005 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Make sure the stock barrel is connected to the airtank air-tight. if its not seal it up with 5 minute epoxy :)

#63451 What Would Be The Best Sniping Weapon?

Posted by scientology on 10 September 2005 - 10:20 PM in General Nerf

Ebay and PVC = $15 ,unbeatable for losing.

You have one of these things, sofa? Do they work any better than a regular nerf gun? at2k? I might get one just to mess with it hehe

#62942 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 02 September 2005 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

hmm Osiris that sucks if yours is broken. I dont really mess with the pumps on any of my guns so I wouldnt know how to help you. :D

Anyways one more thing for everyone with an lbb, make sure there are no leaks between the orange barrel thats glued onto the air tank. YOu should seal it, mine wasnt glued properly :blink:

#62878 At2k Problem

Posted by scientology on 01 September 2005 - 05:08 PM in General Nerf

yeah you cant use hot glue / duct tape to stop leaks even epoxy, it doesnt work very well, you have to use something called plumbers goop. Its about 8 dollars in canada, kind of expensive but it would be cheaper if you're in the US and you can find it in hardware stores and probably in walmart.

#62448 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 22 August 2005 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

I tried pulling it out with a plier and most of the grating I ripped out but it still didnt come out but I didnt want to risk breaking off the barrel so I just cut off a little bit off the tip of the barrel. mine was definately glued on though :huh:

#62422 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 22 August 2005 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

yeah the stock barrel is pretty nice. You have to use stefans though to get the most power because you cant fit micros all the way in. Oh and on the red and grey lbb you'll have to hacksaw the tip of the barrel off to get the air restrictor out cause its glued on :huh:

#62222 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 19 August 2005 - 01:30 AM in General Nerf

matt I did what you said with the hot glue and its still hard like hell to pull the trigger :lol: I think whats wrong with this gun is the firing pin thing is just too hard to pull out from the airtank.

grunty it could be your darts not fitting in the barrel, or you have to seal the connection between your new cpvc barrel and the old one. how did you put on your new barrel? because it should not be performing so bad

By the way I cant seem to pump this thing more than 5 times now even though it says on the box you're supposed to pump 8 times. I was able to do 8 at first. I also saw someone else on these forums had this problem. Does anyone know whats up with this.

#62106 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 17 August 2005 - 01:40 AM in General Nerf

hmm that's weird. Well I have the grey and red one, so I guess mines the cheap one... :D

#62095 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 17 August 2005 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

Thanks, I have just picked one up at TRU (seems like its pretty common at tru) and I havent really tested it properly yet, but yeah the trigger is pretty messed and the handle is a bit small but it was so cheap, 15 bucks canadian. I'll mod it soon I'm hoping it will outperform an sm1500 or at2k at least.

btw, ompa this gun is made by lanard, or were you talking about another brand?

#62029 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 15 August 2005 - 09:03 PM in General Nerf

That is exactly what I did. Like I said I just might have missed a topic that maybe some people didn't use the full name. Anyways. I was just looking for people's opinions on how it compares to other long-range guns. I dont see why you have to start attacking and insulting me.

#62027 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 15 August 2005 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

I can search for "lanard blast bazooka" but I cant search for any topic that used the abbreviation LBB... so I will be missing some topics where people didnt use the full name..

this is the same with the BBB. I wanted to search for mods for my bbb but I couldnt search for topics that only used the abbreviation "BBB"

#62022 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by scientology on 15 August 2005 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

Sorry if this has been posted before but I couldn't search for lbb (4 char limit), so anyways I wanted to know how good is the Lanard Blast Bazooka compared to other guns such as the at2k, sm5k, crossbow, other long-range guns? Is it just me or does this gun not seem that popular? Since its a big single-shot air gun shouldn't it get about the same ranges as an sm5k?

#61901 Lubricant

Posted by scientology on 14 August 2005 - 12:06 AM in Homemades

I found this topic when I was searching on yahoo for where to buy silicone grease it might help

http://www.airsoftca...php/t-2517.html

Im also looking for alternatives to silicone grease (I have no idea where to get it)

#61894 Reinforcing The Nitefinder...

Posted by scientology on 13 August 2005 - 10:41 PM in Modifications

cool thanks, the reason I didn't want to use glue was because I have problems with hot glue, it never sticks, and also epoxy is not good for me because I'm really impatient. But I'll try it with the hot glue first

#61892 Reinforcing The Nitefinder...

Posted by scientology on 13 August 2005 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

ooh Lordoftherings you were the one who put the foam craft sheet in the nf? What kind of glue did you use? I wanted to use the screw thats already there to screw the foam on instead of glueing it, do you think thats a good idea?

Uncle hammer I guess you're right but I was thinkin of banding it so I just want to do everything possible to keep it from breaking. Because I always ruin my nerf guns <_<

#61889 Reinforcing The Nitefinder...

Posted by scientology on 13 August 2005 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

Ok has anyone ever unscrewed the plunger head of the nf before? I want to put foam sheet on the head of the plunger but I dont want to glue it on. I was thinking I could unscrew the plunger head, put a piece of foam craft sheet in front of the plunger, and just screw the foam sheet in and screw the plunger head on. would I damage the plunger if I unscrew it?

*this is to reduce noice by the way and also lessen the impact of the plunger head.. hopefully

#61863 Sights

Posted by scientology on 13 August 2005 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

I like sights they're useful, what I mean by sights are any things sticking up the top of your gun that you use as a reference, like the nf ex-3 has a rail on top you can use as a sight. Also flashlights would work too indoors if you can attach them to your gun, but laser pointers (they're dangerous) and scopes wouldnt really help imo.

And if nerf guns are as inaccurate as you then how do you aim them?

#61825 Foam Store

Posted by scientology on 12 August 2005 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

I don't think thats very practical, if I cant get the right size fbr I rather just go out and buy like 3 different packs of it, one of them is gonna fit :P

plus I hate buying stuff online cause you have to pay shipping and wait <_<

#61774 Working With Brass...

Posted by scientology on 12 August 2005 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

whoah thanks I'll check it out I always thought canadian tire just sold auto stuff and sports equipment. I never knew they had hardware!

edit: I just went there today they didnt have any brass but, they had some cpvc and copper (are you sure you werent talking about copper?). But hey at least they had some FBR which I needed :lol: the good thing about canadian tire is they sell all their pipes in small lengths not like the crazy 15 foot ones you get at home depot

#61772 Reinforcing The Nitefinder...

Posted by scientology on 12 August 2005 - 01:26 PM in Modifications

hmm well I saw at least 2 people who said there nf's plunger head was showing signs of damage after only a few days

Yea it is loud when it shoots too

#61719 Reinforcing The Nitefinder...

Posted by scientology on 12 August 2005 - 12:37 AM in Modifications

I have heard people say that when they took out the restrictors on their nf, the plunger gets damaged really quickly and even eventually the plunger head can actually break off. I see why because it's made of a really thin piece of plastic screwed onto the plunger and it just looks like its going to break (even though mine is new).

Has anyone tried to reinforce their nf if so how did you do it?

#61707 Working With Brass...

Posted by scientology on 11 August 2005 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

Holy crap canadian tire has brass? agh I was looking all over for it in home depot but I couldnt find it I didnt know canadian tire had it :ph34r: Do they have lots of different sizes? And which section did you find it in?

#60548 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 29 July 2005 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

yeah my gun works fine now, except now it seems to be wearing down the ribbed part of the bbb cocking mechanism really fast :nugget: if it keeps up, it wont be able to cock again ahh damn this crappy nerf plastic.

#60470 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 28 July 2005 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

i did it!! if anyone wants to know! I ended up forgetting about the whole molding (it was too hard) and followed xedices method and made the part out of spare junk :P

its made from a piece cut out from a 1 1/2 inch pvc coupler and a plastic propeller from a tiny motor which I cut to shape and epoxied it on the pvc.

#59603 Barrel Clip

Posted by scientology on 18 July 2005 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

could a hole for a breech or bolt be cut with just a hacksaw? I know it will be harder than with a dremel but is it even possible

#59520 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 17 July 2005 - 12:25 PM in Modifications

I cant make the mold out of clay though, I tried pushing the piece in and the clay got all soft at the top and kinda caved in. This piece has to be really exact so I dont think it will work that way :D I am trying to find the cheapest way to do this though, I'll make sure I get the most cheapo stuff I can get

**edit** just found out you can use silicone sealer and some thinned epoxy to make cheap crappy molds, this is what Im gonna do

#59477 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 16 July 2005 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

i dont think I can use plastic putty anymore :unsure: I am following this website http://www.hirstarts...king.html#torch

looks like you have to make a container out of legos and pour some liquid mold-making stuff called insta-mold into it. and then after that pour plastic casting resin into the mold. I'm going to check this stuff out at an art store tomorrow, if its too expensive then forget it :nugget:

#59458 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 16 July 2005 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

thanks guys, I know how to make a mold now I just need to find a filling, because I see hot glue is too rubbery and soft. I gotta find out what that plastic putty stuff is

#59421 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 15 July 2005 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

yup I'm trying to make an exact copy of it, there were 2 of them and they were both the same, thats why I was thinking of the mold idea. I read on a website about airplane models that you can make a mold out of hot glue and then fill it with some plastic putty (what is this).

I dont know I don't really wanna buy this little part off someone.... I'll find some way to make this thing...somehow

#59351 Making A Mold To Replace A Small Part.....

Posted by scientology on 14 July 2005 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

Hi guys I'm new here, I lost a part off a bbb, its the small orange square dealies on both the sides of the gun, I think its supposed to help cock the gun, and I only have 1, so its not cocking straight. I was thinking I could make a mold of that part and use it to make another one out of hotglue, since the thing is so small I think it wouldnt be too hard to do.... how hard/expensive would this be? because I have no idea how to make molds