Mr BadWrench's Content

There have been 735 items by Mr BadWrench (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#351495 Dual Strike = Much Potential.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 14 February 2016 - 04:18 AM in Modifications

th_20160214_034711_zpsgczi437i.jpg

http://www.lowes.com...Id=1070305&pl=1

#348687 Zeus Hopper

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 08 September 2015 - 11:22 PM in Modifications

I will sell you the blaster for its retail value plus shipping. Give me a little while longer to make sure its not going to break again. Im planning on using it at a war.

Don

#348603 Zeus Hopper

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 31 August 2015 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

It might take me 3-4 weeks before I could make a how to... I personally do not like the hopper, its just too damn big. When I designed it, I intended to use a straight tube that held 10 rounds or so with a funnel on the top to fill it fast. I guess if i had 10 packs of ammo to fill the hopper it would make up for the obstruction and goofy feel of the hopper.

Ive got something weird going on tomorrow, let me see if Im going to have enough time to take it apart and get more pics. I could be convinced to send you this one and then build another when I have time.

Don

#348548 [OH] C.A.N.E. Presents B.O.G.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 27 August 2015 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

I would come, but I'd rather not seeing as you're using only FVJ's. Those leave welts at 120 FPS, let alone 250. Sorry, but safety is more important than cost. I suggest using Voberry darts for a good combination of safety and cost.

Really? you would come but......... sounds like a cop out to me, This is the best group I have ever nerfed with, they are providing darts, a wicked location and almost all of them bring additional players who don't or cannot drive... And you are gonna puss out because they aren't using the darts you prefer? SMDH.

#348508 Zeus Hopper

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 August 2015 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#348503 Zeus Hopper

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 August 2015 - 01:54 PM in Modifications

#348499 Zeus Hopper

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 August 2015 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

#341593 SPINMASTER O9K (stryfe)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 27 August 2014 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

Beware of the foam Rope.

#341569 SPINMASTER O9K (stryfe)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 26 August 2014 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

I can hit a Father Time Size target at 60ft.

#341510 SPINMASTER O9K (stryfe)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 August 2014 - 10:08 PM in Modifications

I do not care about ranges. its is a viable primary in any stock dart war. If you care about ranges that much don't use a flywheel blaster.

#341507 SPINMASTER O9K (stryfe)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 August 2014 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

No, Im not dead.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I created the motor mounts out of 3/4in PETG. I aligned the motors using an old xmod 130 can by snapping it into the stock location and then holding the 280s on the opposite side of the cage and hot gluing the PETG to the cage.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Shell mods were as simple as drilling 2 holes for the motors, drilling holes for the wiring to reach into the battery compartment and drilling holes for the relay in the battery cover. I gutted the inside of the battery compartment to make closing the cover easier. otherwise it took 10min of twisting wires so they did not get pinched and hold it open. The mods to the inside of the battery case are sub par and will not be shown for fear of embarrassment. All wiring was routed to the battery case so any problems should be accessible with a single screw. The relay is a $10 Autozone window motor relay (i believe) I can get a part number if anyone needs it. Just ask for a 4 pin rectangular accessory relay.

Posted Image
Posted Image

She buttoned up real nice. i already had to open it and resolder one connection to the relay.

ZOOM ZOOM

Don

#338218 Stockade... The NEXT level in flywheel blasters.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 13 April 2014 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

Im Dead Center between Cleveland and Columbus on I71

#338214 Stockade... The NEXT level in flywheel blasters.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 13 April 2014 - 03:50 AM in Modifications

Actually superleggera although meaning super light, did not mean the car was actually lighter than its original counterpart. They were all basically racecars that the manufacturer put the largest engine they could fit into a chassis and then removed anything that was not necessary to make the car driveable.

Im using Mabuchi RC-280SA-2485.

I have no one to assist me in my area and every time I reach out to other nerfers for help I get shit on. I don't have a chronograph and everyone who does have a chronograph has already decided what motors are best and have no interest in anything different.

here is a quick vid. this is max rpm with just a tiny blip. Im running a 3s li-po pack because I accidently left my trustfires at Twitch's house over the weekend. I have a 3 18650 Li-Ion cells that I intend to integrate into the shell and make it pretty when I get more time. I just wanted to get some data out there hoping maybe I could get someone to try a set of 280s and collaborate with me on my project.

Thank you
Don

#338209 Stockade... The NEXT level in flywheel blasters.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 12 April 2014 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
The Evolution of the flywheel motor.
Posted Image
The aftermath
Posted Image

Blue rings are after FIRST (10shots) test firing, I never fired this blaster once. When I saw what motors they had in them I immediatly started looking for one, it took almost 2 weeks and I went to 17 different walmart stores. I took the blaster apart the second I got it home. It took me another 2 weeks to find the motors I wanted. I put the project on hold to nerf in Cinci last weekend and gave away all my motors while down there, building the first superleggera for Twitch. His looks completely stock.

Posted Image

I do not have a lot of pics yet... it will come apart and go back together a few more times while I tinker.
Posted Image

here is my experimental trigger setup... it works better than expected so now I have to take it apart and wire it permanent.

Enjoy peeps!
Don

#337241 99 cent rapidstrike mod. (Caution, requires effort)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 23 February 2014 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

I build my own packs usually. for my RC stuff I get my packs from dx or hk.

#336936 Pinion Removal Tool.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 08 February 2014 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

Posted ImagePosted Image

this is the ONLY way to remove a metal press fit pinion.
no prying, no heating and no cutting. we all have communities someone in your group needs to buy one...

Also try asking whomever you are buying your motors from to remove the pinons. alot of the ebay guys would be happy to. Ive pulled many pinions for people before I shipped. they let me keep the pinons so I dont even charge.

Don

#336934 Front grip mod for Stryfe. (and others)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 08 February 2014 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

Are any rail accessories necessary for a toy gun?

#336932 Front grip mod for Stryfe. (and others)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 08 February 2014 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

Just a razor saw and some hotglue and I transform the front grip to something that looks better and feel sturdier. Im willing to bet some 18k psi epoxy would make it bulletproof.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I just trimmed away some of the orange so the grip fit against the shell nice and tight, maybe 0.15 between the grip and the blue plastic shell.

Posted Image

Don.

#336765 99 cent rapidstrike mod. (Caution, requires effort)

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 31 January 2014 - 05:50 AM in Modifications

I dont normally recomend lithium batteries for anything unless I know the person and their skill level. Lithium batteries are real easy to ruin if you do not care for them and respect them. If you have a hobby grade charger or know enough about what you are doing to find a proper 3 cell charger, this is the cheapest and in my opinion best way to up the voltage on a battery powered blaster. Im using 3 cells(3s) in series for 11.1v you could use 4s(14.8) with just a little more modding.I bought a laptop battery at goodwill for $0.99 it had 8 cells in it (2 were bad), I have solder and equipment. I used wires from an old computer power supply because I have 10-12 laying around (dont ask). It took me a whole 20min is rough up the ends of the cells tin them and solder them into the rapidstrike battery pack.

Posted Image

If you want to try this the best thing to do is take a volt meter to the goodwill and check battery packs. some packs you can test every cell from the outside and some you cannot. I know its a gamble but if you get really lucky you can find a 100% good battery and sell it on ebay for $50+. Worst case scenario you waste a dollar or two. never buy a battery pack that has a zero voltage reading. I try to figure out how many cells it sould have in it and watch for average voltages of about 3.4-3.6v per cell. I have bought a LOT of laptop batteries to power my various RC creations. http://www.hobbico.c...s/hcap0290.html this is the charger I use and IMO the best charger available for doing ghetto work like this.

Ill try to get into the old nerfchat channel more, Im currently working 11:30am to 8pm but in spring ill be working 7:30am to 3pm

Don

#336746 GREETINGS PROGRAMS

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 29 January 2014 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Hey gang, it's been awhile. Im not dead or retired, just lazy.
Ive still been modding even though I have not posted in years and I do read.

I have a new job, with some expendable income. Holidays and vacations come with the new job so watch for me at a nerf war near you. I can also access nerfhaven from work.

My previous job ruined my social life and destroyed all my ambition to do anything other than sleep and eat. It was a rough time.

My nerf collection has tripled since last I talked to most people in the NIC, I just started trying to pick up some new flywheel blasters because I feel my background
in RC and slotcars will allow me to make a few fun projects. Try to find me on facebook if you are interested in motors because I literally have bags and bags of different motors
along with the equipment to balance motors or even custom wind armatures. I picked up a large upright bandsaw, another drill press and some milling equipment which I cannot wait to experiment with.

Ive been interested in attending a mod party or two. Id be happy to drag my dremil mill to let people mess with it.

later
Don

#314895 The Official Internals Directory

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 27 April 2012 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#314780 Hasbro harassing Urban Taggers

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 April 2012 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

To be fair, though, most of us aren't writing masturbatory fan fiction about Nerf guns and drawing pictures of Raiders being "rear-loaded."

But I do, so.

And Ice Nine is the man to talk to if you have questions about rear loading.

This amuses me endlessly, Can you possibly get more publicity for less effort than having some ginormous corporation try to sue you for something you have virtually no control over?

#314458 Columbus War 4.2

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 16 April 2012 - 10:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Yea, I'm going to be a maybe for anything that goes on. My work schedule is murder.

Would anyone be interested in the coolest dart bags EVER seen in nerf?

#314453 Columbus War 4.2

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 16 April 2012 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Just requested this day off.

#313796 HasreadCoC is a twat.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 31 March 2012 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

I got me a 2 pack of airsoft guns at WalMart and they are so awesome Im converting the chatroom to Airsoft only!

So all you 120ft losers and full auto 200 round banana clip airsoft guns come on over!!!!

#311175 POW! March: The "Our Wars Are Better Than Your Wars" War

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 14 February 2012 - 03:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Im gonna try for this one and consider me a +? I think I might try to drag a few friends along.

Don

#307602 Motor stats

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 21 November 2011 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

Don't even bother with any RC motors from toys. you wanna do it right. get me a pic of your stock motors and Ill tell you what you need and where to get them.

#307483 Motor stats

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 17 November 2011 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

you need to decide how large of motors you want, how much power you need and how many rpms you will need.

then you need to figure out voltages, amperage and size of battery.

Tell me what size motors you want and how many rpms they need to spin and I will get motors for you.

Don

#306704 Supermaxx 1000 Tank Repair

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 30 October 2011 - 09:07 AM in Modifications

you can make "poor rednecks fiberglass" to repair lots of air tanks. just get epoxy with the brush and glue layer after layer of paper towel into a tank, its very strong.

#306307 Mallow Crossbow, only 1 part modified.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 21 October 2011 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

If I change anything Im going to surgical tubing. no arms or springs, all worthless compared to bands.

Don

#306260 Mallow Crossbow, only 1 part modified.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 20 October 2011 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#306254 OFNO - Ohio Fall Nerf Out

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 20 October 2011 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

get ahold of me if you need a hand... Imbadwrench@aol.com

#306239 Mallow Crossbow, only 1 part modified.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 20 October 2011 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

has anyone flipped the bow arms on one of these? or will they break?

#306237 Mallow Crossbow, only 1 part modified.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 20 October 2011 - 02:29 PM in Modifications

No, I'm not dead or retired.

The last two wars I went to I had to sit out several rounds while repairing a blaster so I decided my next blaster will be a mod that can be transferred to a NIB blaster with as little trouble as I can figure. This is probably not going to be a primary but Its fun.

Posted Image
Modded WYE

Posted Image

Modded shell

Posted Image

modified part

Posted Image

Finished blaster.

In theory I can pull a NIB mallow crossbow, take 8 screws out, add a tiny bit of rubber cement and be nerfing in 5min.

Don

#301473 Im back bitches.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 13 July 2011 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

I had to sign a Social Media Contract at work this week and im supposed to add a disclaimer to any statement I make on the internet now....

WTF?

The perceptions, opinions, beliefs, and attitudes expressed do not and are not necessarily aligned with the policies, standards, and practices of the Autozone corporation.

#300880 Im back bitches.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 01 July 2011 - 10:02 PM in Off Topic

We all know Rules do not apply to Talio... hell I bet he could defy gravity if he wasn't afraid of heights.

#300677 Im back bitches.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 28 June 2011 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

I get my work schedules on thursdays and usually cannot trade weekdays for weekends. Any weekend im off I check for wars with little luck. Im interested in some fall wars hoping by then I can save up enough favors working other peoples shifts to get more weekends off..

#300555 Im back bitches.

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 26 June 2011 - 02:30 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image[/img]

This is now what my workspace looks like, I lost my PC with all the podcasts and software on it but I have not given up..
Anyone who wants to help with the podcast contact me in the chatroom if you post here about the podcast or inconvenience the moderators at haven in anyway I will ban you from the chat and never let you on a podcast...

I'm looking for someone into Electrics and flywheel blasters for the next podcast. I have 3 write ups ready to drop and I wanna start a discussion about non nerf related podcasts and media. Back to work.

Im working basically a swing shift at Autozone now, I work whatever shifts no one else wants. I could not get permission to have a Rainbow war at the usual place this weekend but I've been considering doing one in September.

#297497 Harbor Freight 25% coupon

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 24 April 2011 - 03:08 AM in Off Topic

http://widgets.harbo...99&keycode=1015

If this does not work

http://www.harborfre...er-98468929.jpg

Posted Image

#296612 Bs-12 Advanced Tactical Nerf Rifle

Posted by Mr BadWrench on 25 March 2011 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

Now all it needs is an Eye Raping paint Scheme and maybe a unicorn