Lukeinator's Content

There have been 208 items by Lukeinator (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#123054 Unicycle

Posted by Lukeinator on 15 September 2007 - 11:34 AM in Off Topic

I can ride one as far as I want, but can't do much else. Maybe a few drops, but no more than 2 feet kinda thing. I got a couple other friends who are much better.

#120900 Happy Birthday Ompa!

Posted by Lukeinator on 23 August 2007 - 12:06 PM in Off Topic

Only in the U.S.; Canada's drinking age is 19. Which makes excursions there extremely popular among college students here in Buffalo.

Where I live it is 18.

It's 18 in Alberta too, not that I live there. It's 19 here in Saskatchewan.

#116962 Theatrical Nerf Assassin

Posted by Lukeinator on 24 July 2007 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

Conviniently placed kiddie pool...

#112218 Any Bmx Riders Here?

Posted by Lukeinator on 20 June 2007 - 04:26 PM in Off Topic

I work at a bike shop and do my fair share of riding.

I ride road, MTB, street, DJ. No BMX though, maybe I'll buy one next year.

#106059 Pandora

Posted by Lukeinator on 16 May 2007 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

Well this fucking blows! Pandora was helping find more of the bands of the music styles I like and just because I live in Canada I can no longer search for new music through them. They got my IP address and found out I was from Canada. I did lie about my Zip code considering us Canadians have postal codes and all but shit. I find a website that I am on all the time bringing me the most chilling music and then bam! Its all gone! All because of some legality issues or some garbage. It was like getting a taste of a Top quality sirloin steak only to have the plate taken away from me and replaced with a bowl of dog food. Thats all I gotta say. Fuck!

Fuckcake. Me too.

#106057 Titan Question

Posted by Lukeinator on 16 May 2007 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

I don't think I would be losing any air pressure considering I haven't opened her up yet. But when I buy a replacement cutter, I'll check for any leaks. So there isnt a problem with my barrel length?

Maby the fact that you did not plug the over preasure release valve would make the diference. I am not shure though because I never shot mine before I plugged it.

You hit it right there. You need to plug the OPR Valve in order to achieve the reuslts you're looking for.

#104750 Football Teams

Posted by Lukeinator on 09 May 2007 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

bpso86 and LordoftheRing434, same here.

Except I'm a Steelers fan.

Why would you put the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens all in the same button?

Dunno, but I had to vote for 2 of my my most hated teams just so I could pick the Steelers.

Whatever.

We'll take you all.

#102679 Children And Small, Furry Animals: Beware

Posted by Lukeinator on 27 April 2007 - 10:29 PM in News

I saw this coming for a loooong time.

Glad it fianlly happened.

#101416 Has There Been A Brass Barrel Mod For The Maverick?

Posted by Lukeinator on 25 March 2007 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

I brassed a Mav once and got the same result as Flaming Hilt, pretty much nothing.

Biggest waste of brass.

Ever.

#101170 Lanard Triple Shot

Posted by Lukeinator on 18 March 2007 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

It is about the size of the first shot, like FA24 said. It just shoots megas instead of arrows.

Oh I think you misunderstood what I wrote. This thing came with three small arrows new in the box. I am sure megas could fit over the rods but the gun did in fact come with small arrows.

I did get it at Value Village, so I'm sure you're right.

But, it is about the size of a First Shot.

#101158 Lanard Triple Shot

Posted by Lukeinator on 17 March 2007 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

Forsaken_Angel24

That would make sense. The purple nub seemed to be what was holding it together. I'll head to the garage and give it a shot.

RaZeR_ShArP

It is about the size of the first shot, like FA24 said. It just shoots megas instead of arrows.

Retiate

The lever rotates the turret and cocks the gun at the same time. It's got the saftey in it just like the Maxshot, so the gun can't fire unless the lever is all the way down. I think I'll leave the saftey in because I hate having the lever snap down on my finger when I fire it as it does whith my friends Maxshot.

#101144 Lanard Triple Shot

Posted by Lukeinator on 17 March 2007 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

I've been in to Nerf for 2 years now. I've been a member of NH for almost 2 years.

During those almost 2 years, I have filled the boards with dumb noobish questions, and contributed almost nothing.

Today that changes.

I give you my first mod write-up.

The Lanard "Really Shitty When it's Stock" Triple Shot.

Posted Image

I picked this spring gun up during a trip to Value Village for $2 CAD, it even came with one of the stock megas. So naturally, the first thing I did with it was perform a stock range test. This is where it got its nickname. Cock the gun, pull the trigger, watch the dart flail through the air and land 5' in fron of you. By now I'm pumped because I might be able to turn the Lanard "Really Shitty When it's Stock" Triple Shot in to the Lanard "Not so shitty when it's modded" Triple Shot.

Let's get started.

For this mod, you will need:

-Phillips Scrwdriver
-Dremel with grinding attachment
-Goop/Epoxy
-Hotglue
-9" of 17/32 Brass Tubing

First thing we do is take out all the screws. Take them out, but don't try to pull the gun open, it's closed internally somewhere and I didn't feel like breaking anything. Besides, the only thing we'll be working on is the turret. All the air restrictors are in the turret, and we're not doing a spring swap. Pry the front of the gun open just enough to pull out the turret, let the gun snap shut, and put it aside. We won't be needing it until the end.

Posted Image

Here's what we'll be working on today.

Posted Image

See those three screws? Take them out, but don't lose them.

Posted Image

Now you should be able to take the red "cap" off. Do that now.
Next you need to snap the yellow "barrels off. You can get rid of the barrels, but we'll be needing the rest of the turret later.

Posted Image

Now Dremel/Sand/Grind the yellow barrel stubs down.

Posted Image

Now slap you barrels on there over top of what's left of the stubs. I used 3" of 17/32" brass for my barrels. They fit my darts great for spring guns. Glue/Goop/Epoxy them to make a good seal.

Posted Image

See this red turret cap?

Posted Image

Make it look like this with a dremel. The holes should be big enough for you barrels to fit through, but small enough to still support your barrels. Now re-assemble the turret (don't forget the screws!!!) and put a bead of glue around each barrel where it pokes out of the red "cap" to keep them straight and attached.

Posted Image

Now re-assemble the gun. Put the turret back in the same way you got it out, by prying the front of the gun open just a little bit. Screw the gun back together.

Posted Image

Here's what the front of your gun should look like.

Posted Image

Here's the finished product.

It snowed and was generally shitty the day after I finished this mod (last November), so no definite ranges yet. From some testing inside my house, it looks as if it will be good for about 45' to 50'. Darts used were 2" stefans with 1/4" slingshot ammo. I'll have them up as soon as possible.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this gun "not so shitty", and I hope my write-up is helpful to others.

We don't have a mod for this gun in the directory so maybe Forsaken_Angel24 could add it. That'd be cool.

Any comments on how i could improve my next write-up would be greatly appreciated.

Now go shoot foamy things at people.

#99250 Playoff Football

Posted by Lukeinator on 04 February 2007 - 12:19 AM in Off Topic

What? IronRhino, merlinski, and GunnedDown haven't posted in a long ass time...

Which is exactly why they posted in '03 in this thread.

#98941 Super Bowl Anyone?

Posted by Lukeinator on 29 January 2007 - 10:17 PM in Off Topic

Let's face it, Manning is much better than Grossman. Rex was good fantasy-wise for the first half of the season, but he can't manage the game anything like Peyton. Rex Grossman makes big plays... after he throws a couple picks.

And since when did Berrian and Muhammed becom better than Harrison and Wayne.

The Colt's were not that bad at running the ball. They ranked 18th in the league, while not great, is not that bad either. Everyone just assumes they were horrible because of their run defence, which is pathetic. But it has gotten better throughout the playoffs.

And Mannings thumb is fine.

Oh well, I don't really care who wins, I hate them both. I'll just wait till the Pro Bowl so I can watch Fast Willlie and Polamalu again.

#98665 Super Bowl Anyone?

Posted by Lukeinator on 22 January 2007 - 11:05 PM in Off Topic

I hate the Bears.

I hate the Colts more.

I guess it's Bears for me.

GO STEELERS!!! (next year). We're gonna miss you Cowher, I hope Mike Tomlin is good.

#97111 Best Of Nh

Posted by Lukeinator on 25 December 2006 - 03:51 PM in Off Topic

I dont't think there is a best. It's hard to compare two or more members when everyone brings something different to the table.

#96389 An Idea For Hasbro.

Posted by Lukeinator on 12 December 2006 - 09:23 PM in General Nerf

You know what a cool gun would be? One that attaches underneath the longshot and shot balls. Kind of like a grenade launcher.

Screw M16. Go custom M4 with M203 grenade launcher.

That thing would be wicked.

#95702 Snowstorms

Posted by Lukeinator on 01 December 2006 - 11:41 PM in Off Topic

We're up to about 2' here in Saskatoon.

No snowday yet. :w00t:

Wimps.

#94571 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Lukeinator on 15 November 2006 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

Since 666 was already taken:

#93391 Max Supermaxx 1500 Pumps?

Posted by Lukeinator on 30 October 2006 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

NEVER more than 4 pumps. I have blown up 2 1500's with just 5 pumps.

No joke, ask around.

Me too.

Well actually, it was just one, but you get the point.

#92123 Nfl Fantasy Football

Posted by Lukeinator on 17 October 2006 - 10:55 PM in Off Topic

QB: Matt Hasselback, Mark Bulger, and Rex Grossman.

I call that stacked.

#92115 Nfl Fantasy Football

Posted by Lukeinator on 17 October 2006 - 08:54 PM in Off Topic

The BEARS AREN'T GOOOOD!

My fantasy(which I don't really care about)

Brady
Edge
Maroney
Smith
Crumpler

yea but instead of fantasy I play real FOOTBALL

A lot of us play actual football too, including me. I'm D-Line and have 1.5 sacks, a FF and too many tackles to count. My team is 6-1 and we are headed to city finals.

P.S. When your team is 6-0 (like the Bears), you're usually pretty good.

#92067 Nfl Fantasy Football

Posted by Lukeinator on 16 October 2006 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

I was just wondering how many people here played NFL Fantasy Football. If you do, list your lineup, starters, record etc. I'll start.

Starters

QB-Jake Delhomme
RB-Larry Johnson
RB-Willie Parker
WR-Reggie Wayne
WR-T.J. Houshmandzadeh
TE-Dallas Clark
K-Jeff Reed
DST-Panthers

Reserves

QB-Byron Leftwich
RB-Tatum Bell
RB-Fred Taylor
WR-Keenan McCardell
TE-Chris Baker
DST-Giants

After tonights game, I'm now 3-3, and ranked second in my division. After starting 0-3, my players have picked it up and I'm on a 3 game win streak.

GO STEELERS & PANTHERS!

#90910 The Cold War

Posted by Lukeinator on 30 September 2006 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I thought it was you.

I've been trying to pull one off for a couple weeks up here, but I'm trying to work around football, which is more important to me.

If I get something going, I'll let you know.

P.S.

Gyms aren't very good to nerf in, to open, I have a much better area.

#90853 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lukeinator on 29 September 2006 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

Sexiest longshot on the planet.

I agree.

#90852 The Cold War

Posted by Lukeinator on 29 September 2006 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Canada is big. Where are you?

#90540 Bbb Slight Problem

Posted by Lukeinator on 26 September 2006 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

That shouldn't be the problem, but it might be. So don't count it out.

Also make sure that the orange thingy with the spring on it (it's to the left of your circle) is in there. If it isn't, your BBB will definitely not cock.

#90173 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Lukeinator on 21 September 2006 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

I do believe that red is the colour that all Longshots were meant to be painted (although I do like Captain Slug's paintjob).

That is one damn sexy gun, and you have the same phone as me.

But back on topic.

That is one damn sexy gun.

#89905 Stefans In Longshot

Posted by Lukeinator on 17 September 2006 - 06:56 PM in Modifications

Ahem.

#89903 W19 Loser

Posted by Lukeinator on 17 September 2006 - 06:48 PM in Homemades

Dude! Where ever you are looks like the bathroom from "Saw".

Shweet!

Anywho, that's a fucking intense gun.

#89830 Eagle Eye Help Needed

Posted by Lukeinator on 16 September 2006 - 04:13 PM in Modifications

Look down the cocking handle.

You'll see three prong things.

Take the flathead screwdriver and pry one of the prongs away from the metal ball.

While still keeping one prong away from the metal ball, wiggle the orange cocking handle off.

Yes, it'll be a pain in the ass.

Suck it up.

#88734 Tom Clancy...

Posted by Lukeinator on 01 September 2006 - 05:43 PM in Off Topic

I've read a few of his books, most of them start off like Rainbow Six, with the intense action.

I've read Rainbow Six, Teeth of the Tiger, Red Storm Rising and The Hunt for Red October.

Honestly, I thought Teeth of the Tiger was not one of his better books, it just seemed to end, it should have been longer. If you're going to read any of his books, you should really read Red October. It's very good.

I've also seen a couple of the movies, Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger. They're fairly good, but from what I've heard, the books are better.

Overall, I think he's a pretty good author.

#88504 Eagle Eye As A Primary?

Posted by Lukeinator on 28 August 2006 - 07:19 PM in General Nerf

I did the NerfWorld mod to my Eagle Eye.

It reduced the size.

A lot.

I couldnt get it to shoot all that well, only 'bout 40'. Then BANG! It just happened, now it goes 60' or 70'. It was pretty surprising...

Personally I don't use it for my primary, I use an AT3K., it's just a little bigger and it has 6 shots. But hey. its whatever works for you.

#88301 Dremel Nearly Killed Me

Posted by Lukeinator on 25 August 2006 - 11:06 AM in Off Topic

Overtightening the screw to attach the cutting wheel can also lead to pre-mature breakage of the cutting wheel.

So, only tighten the cutting wheel until it is snug, don't reef on it.

Everything else has already been said, and don't forget eye protection. Just because you have two of them doesn't mean losing one is OK.

#86283 Home Theater Projectors

Posted by Lukeinator on 01 August 2006 - 10:51 PM in Off Topic

I've done a lot of research on this topic having recently perchased a 37" Sharp LCD Flat Panel TV. Go for the flat panels, not the LCD Projection TVs. As for Actual Projectors (not projection TVs), go for LCD over DLP. Things like better image quality, colour and the fact that it lasts a really long time before you have to replace anything are features that you will really enjoy. Especially for gaming as there is little to no motion blur with the LCDs.

Just make the decision thats right for you.

#85780 Grenade

Posted by Lukeinator on 26 July 2006 - 10:26 AM in Homemades

Is there any real work being put into finding an efficiant and effective design for a nerf grenade? Other than a frisbee... I know that lots of people say if its not broken, dont fix it. But, seriously. Its a frisbee full of nerf darts. It needs fixing.

Hop to it. I'll be here waiting.

I have a couple of those foldable frisbees and they work great, it's just a matter of folding them right.

It's official. I have successfully spamed this board 200 times. w00t!

#85778 Longshot In My Possession

Posted by Lukeinator on 26 July 2006 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

Looks pretty kick-ass!

I guess I'll get my hands on one of those in about a year, and by then, Hasbro will already have realeased the next generation of guns. Oh well.

I can't wait to see the mods some of you guys will come up with.

#85165 Xbow Problem

Posted by Lukeinator on 16 July 2006 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

SirTofu,
In your Crossbow thread you said that it was modded to shoot megas. In this thread you said that your BBB shoots micros.

If this is the case, the size of your darts is leading to your difference in range. If they are both shooting megas or both shooting micros, ignore this post.

#83515 Good Online Multiplayer Games (in Search Of)

Posted by Lukeinator on 19 June 2006 - 10:39 PM in Off Topic

And there isn't tactics in BF2, nosireee.... Seriously, have you played the game? Maybe you don't play with anyone, at all. You play BF2 with a friend, and it's great. The squads allow for teamplay. By running and gunning, i'm thinking about quake 3 right now. Which is in a completley different category than AA and BF2. You see, if you run and gun in either game, you die. And since your using that logic than you have to say that AA is in no match to operation flashpoint, because in that game, one hit and you're dead! Funny, how logic works, isn't it?

Actually, I have played the game online, and I agree, it is very fun, and I play it quite regularly.
I prefer AA because, as was mentioned earlier, once you die, you don't respawn right away. It adds an aspect of real life, where you only get one chance, instead of being able to come back and fight again in a matter of seconds.

Both games are very fun, the difference? Only about $50 Canadian.

#83484 Good Online Multiplayer Games (in Search Of)

Posted by Lukeinator on 19 June 2006 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

I kind of prefer America's Army to BF2. I'm not sure why, it just seems more realistic to me. I know that it was made by the army and all, but you really have to think about tactics insead of just runnin' and gunnin'.