MercenaryXero's Content

There have been 142 items by MercenaryXero (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#316058 SPANO

Posted by MercenaryXero on 23 May 2012 - 03:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Posting to say that I am alive, aware of this, and considering attending.

#279236 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 01 July 2010 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to come. Also fuck dart painting, that shit washes off in rain and gets on everything.

#275360 Spano 2010

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 May 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Turns out I'll be in San Francisco that weekend.

I'm ragin yo

#274037 Spano 2010

Posted by MercenaryXero on 04 May 2010 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I am now totally able to attend, but 9am wars are ugh.

Seriously its already a pain to get up for the 10am ones.

Also, Beaver, I saw your project at the design show thing today, didn't see you though.

#273350 Spano 2010

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 April 2010 - 10:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Ooh, I hope I can go...

Dependent on a few things, like getting jobs and stuff, so I'm a maybe for now. Should be able to say for sure in a week or so.

#273285 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 April 2010 - 01:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Rain wasn't bad once you got used to it. I've also realized that using an exclusively long range blaster is totally incompatible with my playstyle, hopefully my current project will fix that. Although there was one time where I got two successive hits while dual-wielding a SNAP and a pistol splat, that was super awesome.

Also I should stop being so unprepared for everything, it's a good thing I fixes my PS before the war or I would've had to use a 4B (bleh).

#272959 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 21 April 2010 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Also, if you guys have any shells that I could possibly shoehorn a SNAP into, I'm in the market.

Especially longstrikes. I would really like to get my hands on one, and am too lazy to find it in stores.

#272734 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 April 2010 - 09:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm fine with the location change, but Langford is a big step down in quality IMO.

Also I probably won't have new SNAPs, my dad took all the good tools to Canada, lol. But I did upgrade and fix some stuff, so I'm ready to go.

#272602 Time To Look Inside... The Ldr!

Posted by MercenaryXero on 18 April 2010 - 04:56 PM in Homemades

Not the plunger itself, the tube that it's in. You opened the gun by taking off the top half of it.

#272586 Time To Look Inside... The Ldr!

Posted by MercenaryXero on 18 April 2010 - 03:24 PM in Homemades

Either I just don't get the pictures, or your plunger tube is cut in half.

Care to explain?

#272365 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 15 April 2010 - 10:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I demand PVC wyes

Also check valves

Pretty much I'll buy all your weird pipes.

And while I'm at it, its worth mentioning that new SNAPS are under construction, and at least one will be ready for the war. Not as absurd as I'd like, but they use a version of rork's new plunger head. I'll add cool stuff to them later.

#272037 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 12 April 2010 - 09:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I rise from my sleep
My winter hibernation
I shall attend this

lol haiku

But yeah I'll be there, assuming I don't get stabbed or something.

#258051 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 05 December 2009 - 02:31 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to try and run a minimal setup, so if people want to have some extra ridiculous guns, I'll need one for that round.

Also debating making a super ghetto sword, considering as my previous plans were sidetracked by a month of messing with linux and other stuff.

EDIT: So my parents just have to go and schedule a family gathering today. Really sorry about this, but I probably can't attend now ;_;

#255539 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 06 November 2009 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Well unless someone wants to provide me darts, (or sell them at a reasonable price) I'm most likely not attending.

Or I could try to implement my auto-sword idea for maximum badassery

#255349 Late Fall Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by MercenaryXero on 04 November 2009 - 11:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Where on the magical scale do CS darts fall

Because that's all I got

#254997 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by MercenaryXero on 31 October 2009 - 11:54 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh shit I just woke up and there's nobody to give me a ride. It sucks, but I guess I wasn't prepared at all anyway

#252314 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by MercenaryXero on 01 October 2009 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll probably be able to attend, so put me on the definite list. Now I have at least a little motivation to work on my current project.

#250996 September Mnno 09'

Posted by MercenaryXero on 20 September 2009 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

It sucks that I couldn't go to the indoor war, but I had stuff to do. One of these days I'll make it to one.

The outdoor war was pretty fun, my guns performed well, even though most of them need some repair. (that's actually the reason that you were spared the wrath of my SNAP/titan, the stock had a fracture in the section where the plunger rod hits it)
I thought my 1v5 last stand (or was it 4?) was pretty good, as was team powerball.
DTC was alright, but we need to figure out a way to prevent the times when rushers fire at the core after getting hit. I did it once because I didn't feel anything hit me, and the atmosphere of chaos as multiple people rush tends to confuse everyone as far as hits are concerned. Also, the momentum of sprinting at a wall and then wildly attacking is really only stopped by the wall. I suggest that the core be not directly reachable, as in high up/ behind a perimeter of some sort. The time we played it at highland went really well, I attribute that to the core being out in the open. Anyone else have any suggestions on how to fix this?

#248351 September Mnno 09'

Posted by MercenaryXero on 23 August 2009 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Strong maybe, I'm too lazy to check the calendar.

#247239 Rifling Barrels

Posted by MercenaryXero on 16 August 2009 - 04:30 PM in Homemades

You can't rifle a nerf barrel effectively, the air will go through the grooves around the dart. I suppose one could make special darts, but that would be a pain in the ass.

#247035 Recapping Summer Minnesota War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 14 August 2009 - 02:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Shit, I leave tuesday for the boundary waterssssssss

One of these days I'll stop being so busy all the time. Like after next weekend. Maybe.

#246455 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by MercenaryXero on 10 August 2009 - 05:06 PM in Off Topic

It says I haven't posted here yet? I swear I did...

Anway, GT: MercenaryXero

I play a lot of stuff, but not very often.

cod4
halo 3

And a bunch of stuff I can't be bothered to remember. Feel free to add me/ invite me to any games if I'm on.

#246448 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by MercenaryXero on 10 August 2009 - 03:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Wish I could've made it, sounded like fun. Although I would never pass up what I'm doing now. Currently I'm in Quebec city, staying at the Chateau Frontenac. (google that, it looks amazing)

Anyway, I'll be around this weekend, but not next weekend, and hopefully around the weekends after that, in case anyone is planning wars.

#244288 Beaver's Wonderous St Paul War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 28 July 2009 - 12:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Unfortunately I can't attend, because I'll be eating lobster and crab and whale and shit all the way from Boston up to Nova Scotia.

Leaving on friday for two weeks, fyi.

#243576 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 24 July 2009 - 01:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm not going to be able to make it to today's war, but expect me tomorrow.

#242704 Mn Pre Sof Wars

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 July 2009 - 03:01 PM in Nerf Wars

You fuckers had to have an awesome war right when I couldn't be there! Argh I've got to get to an indoor war sometime, I'm so tired of long-range wars.

Off to watch the vid now.

#242549 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 18 July 2009 - 12:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe for both, I just returned home and there's quite a lot of things to be done.

#237775 Spano 09 Recap

Posted by MercenaryXero on 21 June 2009 - 12:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Replying while this is still fresh in my mind.

Great war, especially Defend the Core. It feels so awesome to have a practically never-ending dart supply at your feet, and just load, prime, and pick people off. I must have had a double digit hit count for sure. We got a lot of nerfing done, which is always good.

Also, I came with about 70 darts, left with like 50. Scavenging is awesome.

Later in the day I got pretty tired, which just amounted to me yelling at stuff and trying to use a big blast one handed. Also like Busta said, those girls looked hot. (at least at a distance, lol) I remember we were chillin at our spawnpoint and I was like "Ya'know, I've become less interested in playing and more interested in boning those chicks"

Overall a great experience, despite the lack of a proper staging area.

#237543 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 June 2009 - 10:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to space/packing issues (15 hour drives suuuck), I am only bringing a bare handful of guns (a pistol, 3 primaries). If possible, I'll need to borrow a couple of pistolas for the pistol rounds, or sit out. ~R

Unless your pistol sucks, it shouldn't be a problem. I've been using about the same numbers or guns for a while with no problems.

Although I'm certain there will be extra pistols that someone will let you use.

ALSO: If anyone has a spare inline clip, or one that they won't need during the ridiculous round, I'd appreciate being able to use it. My reactor hasn't gotten its fair share of use.

#237038 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by MercenaryXero on 17 June 2009 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Shit this war got real while I was gone

Unfortunately I couldn't get any cool new stuff done, I was in canada for the last week and before that I was working on lego shit (check out my lego shit). Add the fact of my lengthy departure the next day, and... no, i'm still coming, I'll just be a broken shell of a man.

So who wants to hide my body when I inevitably die of stress?

#233442 Snappy

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 May 2009 - 03:09 PM in Homemades

How do people tolerate right-angle grips? In my experience, they just hurt your hand.

#233440 Vos Pistol

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 May 2009 - 03:06 PM in Homemades

I've always wanted to do a gun with a magazine, yours certainly has a good thing going. My advice would be to build a larger version as a primary - using a +bow spring or other powerful means, you could have one hell of a blaster.

#232917 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by MercenaryXero on 27 May 2009 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm leaving the state on the 21st, so I'll just pack beforehand. I'll be there, hopefully with some cool shit.

#229814 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by MercenaryXero on 12 May 2009 - 02:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Eh, I could probably go, wasn't planning on it before but attendance looks strong...

One question for the host, though - would my usual primary be allowed? Others can vouch for the relatively modest ranges/ power of the titan tank, as well as my non-douchiness. Its been allowed at the other wars I've been to, but ultimately its your call.

Also: WTB AT2K and 2x Big Salvos

#225777 Spring Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 April 2009 - 02:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoops I slept until 2

Also I'd completely forgotten about this war until Julian mentioned on Thursday that I was going...

#222254 Spring Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 07 April 2009 - 07:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty sure I can come, barring any shit

#220642 Mnsbw Recap

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 March 2009 - 12:45 AM in Nerf Wars

A bit late to this thread, but I've been doing stuff.

Overall, a great war. A majority of the things I would've said have been covered already, so I'll keep it short. Also, thanks everyone for the praise, its convinced me to create even more SNAP variants.

Pros:
* The SNAPs were performing beautifully, even with the moderate winds. It's always fun to take a shot, miss, have the person poke themselves out of cover, then realize I have another primed shot and scramble back behind their tree.
* Meeting and playing with a cool group of people
* The new location has some nice features, and its nice to have better cover spread more evenly throughout the field. You could actually utilize things like flanking and suppressing fire, instead of the "dudes stand in line, shoot occasionally" style of play.
* Many other things that I can't recall right now

"Cons":
* I'm gonna have to make darts next war, I have about 30 left of the 70 I brought. Scavenging helped a lot in that regard.
* Amp energy shots taste like shit with toxic chemicals on it
* My legs are soar as hell, didn't stretch and sprinted quite a bit. I've gotten into the habit of advancing into enemy lines, taking a few shots, then running like crazy. (to my credit, I can't remember anyone hitting me as I ran, much less catching up)

#220249 3rd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by MercenaryXero on 28 March 2009 - 08:55 AM in Nerf Wars

God dammit why did I wake up this early?

I'll be there somewhere between 9:15 and 9:45, assuming everything goes as planned.

#219965 3rd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by MercenaryXero on 26 March 2009 - 05:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Whats the fast-food situation around Newell? Still planning on going 100%, btw. Just gotta patch up my snap's back pump-handle and resecure the tank.

#215057 3rd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 February 2009 - 11:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Will attend this as long as I don't have a vacation sprung on me at the last minute. Also Newell park is cash.