Nerf 808's Content

There have been 33 items by Nerf 808 (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#232365 Dremel Accident

Posted by Nerf 808 on 25 May 2009 - 02:08 AM in General Nerf

I Extend a thanks to you, for you have provided a example as to what may happen if you do not take safety seriously ( Thank god you did not loose your eye! :( )

Like my Auto-Shop teacher says:

"Never stop thinking about safety, or you may never think again"

#230722 Cosmetics

Posted by Nerf 808 on 17 May 2009 - 01:53 AM in General Nerf

I Really could care less about looks, i mean my LS has duck tape all over the place, it is ugly, but it out shoots most of the Stock stuff that we usually war with

#229137 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by Nerf 808 on 09 May 2009 - 02:15 AM in Modifications

That looks like it has potential to be a Underslung Shotgun like weapon, like SchizophrenicMC said, in an indoors war, it would be a major contender.

Imagine this.....

you are shooting at some one, he ducks to reload, you rush, only to find out he had the S.P.N.P.S Underslung, and thats game, your out.

#228514 Would You Come To A War In Hawii?

Posted by Nerf 808 on 06 May 2009 - 12:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I live in Hawaii so a war would be awsome here (Oahu for your info)

#226987 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Nerf 808 on 28 April 2009 - 09:02 PM in Off Topic

Tag: Da 808 Commando

Games:
COD 4
COD WAW
Forza 2
Halo 3

Just hit me with a request saying your from here, i stopped accepting friend requests from random people, i learned my lesson.

#215078 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Nerf 808 on 26 February 2009 - 02:21 AM in General Nerf

wow that thing is going to be a hassle to reload, and i wonder if the LS and Recon Clips can be used if you say, empty the Drum Mag

#201096 Longshot Replacement O-rings?

Posted by Nerf 808 on 04 January 2009 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

i have the same problem, trying to find a good o Ring,

but for your spring....

If you have any broken Recons or NF lying around, then use those, i have a recon spring in mine and i get better ranges.

Hope this helps (Well for the spring part)

Nerf 808

#200615 Air Zone Professional

Posted by Nerf 808 on 02 January 2009 - 04:19 PM in General Nerf

If you can get your hands on the Air Bazooka, take it! i use to have that very toy, it was a beast (That is before i broke it :P )

#200079 Best Stock Nerf Darts

Posted by Nerf 808 on 31 December 2008 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

Taggers or the Screamers are some good darts, they work well when used in a Vulcan

#199731 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 30 December 2008 - 07:35 AM in Modifications

1. Make absolutely sure the plunger tube is seated properly. There is a little nub on the right side that has to be inserted into a cup in the blaster shell.
2. If you add a stronger spring to the plunger you MUST add a stronger spring to the trigger plate as well.
3. Are you sure the springs are not binding against each other? They both have a rather large diameter and most of the springs added to a longshot are typically smaller in diameter so that they fit snugly on the plunger rod.
4. Are you sure the plunger rod is even reaching the trigger plate?

1. Going to Try that Tomorrow (It's 2:00 in the morning here )
2. What kind of spring do you use for this ( Any springs from guns?)
3. Binding, got to check that
4.I think it is, i mean if it did not, then the Gun would not be able to fire right?

#199619 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 29 December 2008 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Ok kind of a new problem now, i can arm the gun and fire fine, but for some reason it is harder to cock the gun when pulling in the right side then the left (Looking at the longshot as if you were aiming it)

Have you ever considered that you're right handed?

I have considered that i am right handed, but MY Left hand is my weaker, so if i'm stronger with my right, i should be able to pull the Plunger back with ease, right? (No Pun Intended)

Anyway, bullet dragon awnsered my question, thanks all for your input

#198499 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 23 December 2008 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

Ok kind of a new problem now, i can arm the gun and fire fine, but for some reason it is harder to cock the gun when pulling in the right side then the left (Looking at the longshot as if you were aiming it)

#197810 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 21 December 2008 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

Ok, now with the Bolt Lock Removed i still cant Prime it.....

#197808 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 21 December 2008 - 05:29 PM in Modifications

The catch is what keeps the gun primed. The bolt lock prevents you from moving the slide back again after you have armed it. Take it out, as it serves no real purpose, as we here at the Haven can remember if we've primed our guns already.

Going to try that, Thanks everyone for the help so far!

#197803 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 21 December 2008 - 05:16 PM in Modifications

Does the plunger move all the way forward or is there something stopping it short and preventing the plunger rod from resetting the bolt-lock?

Now were getting somewhere, the Plunger Rod DOESN'T Come all the way back, why? I'm going to try to fins out now

#197800 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 21 December 2008 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

Don't tighten the screw that hold the bolt lock too much, the bolt lock needs to move freely.

Its not the Bolt Lock screw(But i did you said) and it still blocks the Bolt sled from comeing back....

#197787 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 21 December 2008 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Take the bolt lock out.

Take it out? the Bolt Sled needs that to stay in the "Armed" Position Right?

#197779 Ls Problems

Posted by Nerf 808 on 21 December 2008 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Hey, I’m still kind of new to the haven, have had posts here and there….

Any way down to it, I just added a Recon Spring to my Stock Ls, and I tried putting it back together, and I can arm the gun once and fire, but the bolt gets stuck forward, so I reopened up the gun and found out (With the help of CS’s Long shot Internals pic) that the Bolt Lock is preventing the long bottom piece of the bolt sled from coming back.

What did I do wrong? Am I missing a piece? And yes I have tried typing in my problem in the search engine in many different ways
“Bolt-Sled Problems”
“Long shot fires once”
Etc.

And yes i went to the "Modifying a Longshot?" Thread

I would post Pictures, but I have no camera, sorry.

Anyone help?

A link to Captain Slug’s Pic for reference: http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7527 Post # 6

Aloha for the Help!,
Nerf 808

#173005 Nova's Recon Mod.

Posted by Nerf 808 on 27 August 2008 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

Verry Nice Write up,
One of my fav mods for the Recon, easy to do, and does alot

Bravo :D

But one thing....

Does the spring fall out when (and if) you take your gun to an nerf war ? (With the running around and such)

Nerf 808

#172246 Broken House Hold Items

Posted by Nerf 808 on 25 August 2008 - 01:57 AM in General Nerf

Broke the Fan Lamps with a friends singled titan...

Made a Black mark on my front door by puting the small poping fireworks in a Headless Streamline and proceding to fire it at the door (Door was white for your info)

but thats all, never dammged Dry Wall before (Guns are not strong enough)

#170806 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 19 August 2008 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

My answer is synonymous with the rest, heck yes is can be integrated.

As far as giving out advice or tactics a little more information on what kind of war you're fighting would go a long way such as:

Do you all play with stock guns?
Are there rules against modded guns?
Are you nerfing outdoors or indoors?
What size are your wars (people per team)?

As stated before, you need to make sure you use the Vulcan in situations where its strengths are maximized and its weaknesses are minimized. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, bring a gun to a knife fight.

1-2 Sidearms are good. The Recon you have in pistol mode with some extra clips and a NF/DS with a nice simple barrel mod and banding will give you a nice balance of range and ROF for sidearms.

Here are a couple of generic tactics that work in both indoors and outdoors, they all involve using cover to gain an advantage; as a Vulcan is about as useful as a milkshake in an open field battle. You'll have a welt on your neck from a x-bow before you can get within twice your range.

In both cases I have assumed that you are the one with the Vulcan, however if you're co-ordinating the squad you can ask your Vulcan (or RF20, both work for suppression) wielder to fill these roles.

The first one is just basically..... "How to whore a choke point"..... Don't get too greedy, don't camp. Switch sides often and after a few kills find a new choke point - unless you have backup to protect your flanks. Remember - a dart in the head makes people learn quickly.

Keep moving as the arrows suggest, both within your fire zones and side to side; otherwise people will know where to aim.

Though I have only put one enemy in the diagram the idea is to do it to a group, where the ROF and the large ammo supply of the Vulcan really shine. Otherwise its just a plain ambush really and a skilled player could do it with a scout..

Posted Image

The next is an offensive or defensive tactic. Basically just a fire suppression tactic, I'm sure that everybody has heard of these. If your attacking its a good way to overwhelm dug in enemies. Pin them then mop them up. Having your squad advance from either side simultaneously (called a 'pincer' movement) works great.

f you're defending its much quicker to have your squad counter attack than to get in a long drawn out firefight. By ending it quickly it make sure the enemy doesn't get a chance to flank you. Its up to you to assess the situation; don't send your squad out if the enemy isn't truly pinned or they'll probably take heavy losses.

Posted Image

I hope thats at least a little helpful and didn't bore the veterans to death, more specific tactics could be suggested if you provide more info.

Aj

If it helps for the others out there, i'll get some pics up showing the field we play at....expect those in about a week (school and all)

#170504 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 18 August 2008 - 11:58 PM in General Nerf

If you don't like the recon you'll hate the maverick. The only advantages the maverick has on the recon are that it's more ergonomic and can take more kinds of darts. That said, if you'tre playing stock, which I suspect you are, then either one should complement your vulcan just fine. If not, try a nitefinder, those get great range when modded, and are so easy to mod that even I can do it.

dunno, kind of new to the Moding world, i'll give it a try though

#170480 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 18 August 2008 - 10:57 PM in General Nerf

min.tee is right. ALWAYS carry a sidearm. I tried nerfing with the vulcan, and it was pretty effective( I was using it as a stationary weapon). However the Vulcan starts to suck when you get to the point where you have to reload your 25 shot belts (I have 3). I would have lost if it wasn't for my dual NFs.
Moral of the story: Have a sidearm during every war. buy a NF and mod it ( basic AR removal is super easy).

i Have a Recon, buts its range is crap, looking to buy a Mav.... If thats a good choice of sidearm

#170002 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 17 August 2008 - 01:34 PM in General Nerf

Hey 808, YOU HAVE A VULCAN?

Where did you get it, please?

I'm flying in to Honolulu for business this week (sorry can't meet you this time), and my son really wants one. My nephew too, so I might do some early Christmas shopping.

I don't have any practical advice, since we don't do a whole lot of indoor warring (except when we do room-clearing exercises at our facility), but what intrigues me is the new dimension the Vulcan brings into indoor war play as far as fully-automatic weapons go.

As Oni and the others have mentioned, you gotta assess the Vulcan's advantages and disadvantages, then use whatever other weaponry to create efficiency. I was just thinking how the Magstrike/Powerclip spits out a clip of 10 rounds in about 2 seconds, how the RapidFire 20 unloads 20 darts in about 4-5 seconds, and how the Vulcan can do (can it?) a 50 round belt, firing about 2-3 rounds per second. You have a nice varying firepower assortment to work with, if you have other weaponry! And of course your long-range stuff like X-bows, AT2ks, etc.

Wow. A far cry from my days 6-7 years ago with SM1500s and a handful of darts. We thought 1 round every 3-4 seconds was rapid fire.

-Piney-

I see....i think this is the advice that i need, so i should have a sidearm with me (Never thought of that......) And for Piney, check the this link http://nerfhaven.com...ic=10943&st=345

thanks for the advice everyone!

Nerf808

#169909 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 17 August 2008 - 03:43 AM in General Nerf

Any blaster can be used in a group. One just needs to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the blaster and find ways to compliment it.

Compliment =/= Complement, though you got the meaning right. :)

Anyways. I think the biggest issue here is its weight-to-range ratio. This kind of heavy, unwieldy gun is difficult to sprint with to close in on your target and get within accurate range. I mean honestly, I can outshoot a Vulcan user outdoors with a Disc Shot pistol. How are you supposed to get within range of your opponent when it's so heavy and bulky?

This is where I agree: Cmdrmack is right. Take advantage of the gun's great ROF and sustained fire to put pressure on your enemy while avoiding moving too much.

I get what your saying, i tried rushing someone but the heavy gun makes this impossable. But heres the problem when i'm stationary, pinning down the enemy, what if i get out flanked by the enemy? is there a way to cover this?

#169894 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 17 August 2008 - 12:33 AM in General Nerf

Of course it can be done. Any blaster can be used in a group. One just needs to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the blaster and find ways to compliment it. The vulcan is high ROF low range, but great for sustained fire. It does very well for covering choke points and providing suppressive fire while other group members flank. Don't be afraid to arc shots with the vulcan to make up for its low ranges.

That Choke Point sounds good, i should thry that at the next nerf war, There's no shortage of choke points in the area we play in,

Thanks!

#169887 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Nerf 808 on 17 August 2008 - 12:13 AM in General Nerf

(Was decideing between this topic and the Nerf Wars Topic, if it is wrong then please say so and i can repost it there)

Well i recently brought my Vulcan to an Outside war, we squaded up and devided, Now this was a bit different because i usually bring along a Longshot or Recon.

Well i got destoryed the first 2 rounds because of the dreadful reloading time, but when we played CTF i destyoryed them with the stationary Vulcan.

My question is, what the best way to Integrate an Vulcan in to a four man squad?

my Squads plan was to have one person guard me so when i need to reload he can cover me while i change belts.

but most of you on here are Veteran Nerfers, and have alot of experence, so i'm asking for your ideas and opinions.

Can it be done?

Nerf808

#166179 Nerfing In Hawaii

Posted by Nerf 808 on 03 August 2008 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi there, was waiting for you to post, glad to see that your a Nerfer to, as for the Moding Wepons thing, my team ALWAYS Goes to the Haven for Mod Tips and the such.

As for the Vulcan, they dont carry it here, i called walmart No dice ( i called Friday, said that they caryed none, but i'll check Today)

If you can get a message to the Colage guys and there not doing nothing, were having a NERF War up in Mililiani Today at 12:00, if they want in, tell them to meet me at the Mililiani Mc Donalds"

I alos want to thank you for the offer for helping me mod my weapons, A little inexpearenced in that field, but i'll have tools on hand when the time comes.

Thank you all for the Welcome and I Plan Contribute to the Haven in one way or another..

Aloha

Nerf 808 and the MRD Team

#164968 Nerfing In Hawaii

Posted by Nerf 808 on 28 July 2008 - 03:12 PM in Nerf Wars

-2 Hits till death anywhere on the Body, (Except Head= 1 Hit Kill)

My friends and I tried that (along with other "realistic" rules for hits), and learned quickly that encouraging headshots leads to way too much trouble (a few of the people I nerf with, including me admittedly, are rather hotheaded). We ended up just changing it to 1 hit kills everywhere, gun hits count. It removes all the angry pissing matches that cut into our nerf time :D

It also depends on what type of modifications you play with. Once you have weapons that can fire more than 80 ft or so, being hit in the face at 15 ft becomes something of an issue.

Well for the Moding problem, we dont have much moded weapons, the one moded weapon we have is a AR-less Nite Finder...... as for the Headshot thing, we had one or 2 fights about it, but usually they just go with it.

#164757 Nerfing In Hawaii

Posted by Nerf 808 on 27 July 2008 - 02:07 AM in Nerf Wars

Sweet man, I'm hawaiian too but I live in Washington. My relatives live in Hawaii though, same as you, Oahu. Pearl City and near Ewa beach.

Cool, i live near the Mililiani High School ! Junor there !

#164739 Nerfing In Hawaii

Posted by Nerf 808 on 26 July 2008 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I have never met the Admin in person but i have noted that he's from hawaii.... would like to nerf with him one day though

#164735 Nerfing In Hawaii

Posted by Nerf 808 on 26 July 2008 - 10:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, Me and the MRD team from the Rock in the middle of the Ocean would love to say hi to everyone on Nerf Haven !

I'm new to the haven, and i have a couple posts here and there...

We have been Nerfing for about 5 years, starting when we were 7th Graders in Middle School, me and my team have a fair armory (comared to the people on here) .

We mainly play outside, we have had some inside battles.....but those were disasters. Well anywho this is how we play....

-2 Hits till death anywhere on the Body, (Except Head= 1 Hit Kill)

- Each Combatitant is only allowed, 1 Main Weapon, 1 side arm, and one melee weapon (PVC Sword and the Such)

- Once you are out you must return to the Gathering area and you must not talk to other "alive" players.

-Picking up weapons from other people is accepted only if it's from your team.

-Camelbak's are allowed as long as they are not being used to hide extra weapons (the people with them are searched before games starts)

-Raidos are used to talk to the other team ONLY in emergencies, and to signal the other team that they are ready.

Now some Gametypes...

Standard Deathmatch-
the standard kill eachother match, the teams are split up evenly and the match begins after the teams raido eachother that there team is ready. Match ends when one side is elimnated, if you are the last one on one side you can choose to surrender (but nobody does). this is Played at Night and Day

"Vietnam"/Or Convoy-
Where we play there is a Long Side walk that snakes it's way to the top of a hill, this is where this game type comes in. there are 2 teams of an equal number, one team is the "Convoy" (Or Anericans) they start at the bottom and have to make there way to the top (or vice versa). they have a "package" on a teammate, the package is usualy a box in a backpack (so you cant hide it). the other team the "Guerrillas"( Or VC) can Ambush the "Convoy" at any place form the start to the finish of the path. The "Convoy" team must walk up the path ( to prevent the event of the Convoy team cheating and running right off the bat), if they are engaegd, the package carryer can try to make a break for it (he usually dosen't get far). Super fun with alot of people. If the Package carryer is killed then the Guerrilla team gets the V, But if the Package carryer makes it to the end then the "Convoy" team wins. We have played this during the day, but we have yet to try night.

LoneWolf-
There are 2 teams and 1 "LoneWolf". The First team is the "Base Guard" They have a package that they must protect to the last man, there is one commander on this team, he can appoint people to certian postitions and draw out Patrol routs ect. But when the shooting starts they are free to do as they see fit. then when the Lonewolf retreats they must return to there asigned post (unless repostitioned to another place)

The Second Team is a band of "Rebels" they hide somewhere in the area, they are like an handycap for the base guard. if the LoneWolf decides to he can ask them to help him engage the guard in combat, destract them etc., the only way that they can fight otherwise is if the base guard find them and attack first.

The Lonewolf is like the "Spy" he must get in, take the objective, then make it out alive, as said before, he can have the "rebels" help him or he can fly solo, what ever the choice is, if he is killed the game ends.

Well thats how we do it here in Oahu, thanks for reading and have a nice day !

#164702 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Nerf 808 on 26 July 2008 - 09:07 PM in General Nerf

1 Longshot

1 Recon

1 Crossfire

1 Mav

1 Titan (Just the Launcher)

1 Nite-Finder V1

All Stock

(Sad ? ,Ya I know)