dragnet88's Content

There have been 19 items by dragnet88 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67411 Rf20 Advice

Posted by dragnet88 on 10 November 2005 - 11:00 AM in Modifications

So I just got a new rf20, and I love it. I really want to mod it though, so i've been looking around at the options. My first question would be, what is the most reliable way to get more power out of the gun, without banding the bladder or anything because I don't want to worry about having it explode. I like the idea of this piston mod:

http://www.nerfhq.co...topic.php?t=607

If anybody has tried it, how well does it work?

My second question has to do with this barrel relocation mod:

http://www.geocities...-MODS-RF20.html

I love this mod, but my only concern is that it won't be sturdy enough to pump the gun without worrying about the pump falling off. As you can tell, I'm really worried about messing this gun up, so if anyone has tried either of these mods can you let me know how it went? Thanks

#60608 Friction

Posted by dragnet88 on 30 July 2005 - 11:11 AM in Modifications

I have a couple barrel materials at my disposal. I have PETG, which is a fairly loose fit and the dart slides in very easily. I also have cpvc, which is an extremely tight fit and I can just barely twist the dart in when I file the inside of the barrel. I know that the looser PETG fit is good for air guns, but should I use the looser PETG on spring guns like my nite finder? The main benefit would be that it would be a lot easier and faster to load if I was using PETG.

#59529 Tubing Diameters

Posted by dragnet88 on 17 July 2005 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

I'm gonna simplify things, when a brass tube is 9/16" is that the inside or outside diameter?

#59383 Singling An Airtech 3000

Posted by dragnet88 on 15 July 2005 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

I haven't finished it yet, because the plumber's goop is still drying. But if you want to make it extremely stable, this seems like it will work well (again, I'm not sure because it's still drying). First you put a little stub of pvc inside the pvc coupler, so that it is flush with the edge of the coupler. Then you take a small piece of cpvc, the same size as that first piece of pvc, and sand down the outside a little. Then, hammer it into the pvc. This makes it fit almost perfectly over the existing nozzle, so it should be very stable

#59204 Singling An Airtech 3000

Posted by dragnet88 on 13 July 2005 - 06:33 AM in Modifications

I know, I know, why would I do such a thing? Well it just so happens that the rotating system broke, rendering the 6 shots useless. Besides, it looks like it could make a damn sweet loser rifle. Anyway, I was wondering what kind of barrel I should use. What I was thinking was something like a breech crossbow, with a pvc coupler on the gun itself and a barrel with brass nested in pvc, about 10 inches of brass and 8 inches of pvc. Does this make sense, or should I be doing something different?

#59067 Cpvc

Posted by dragnet88 on 11 July 2005 - 06:42 AM in Modifications

If I simply fixed the cpvc barrel onto the gun, with no couplers or anything like that, would that still work? I mean, the dart would stay at the end of the barrel, so I'm wondering if that will affect performance at all.

#58980 Brass Barrel Maverick?

Posted by dragnet88 on 09 July 2005 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Content removed, I have offended Dart Wars Team Public Enemy #2. F*** the police

#58978 Cpvc

Posted by dragnet88 on 09 July 2005 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

I use 2" darts, on a 4" barrel, and about 1/8" of the dart sticks out the end of the barrel. The ranges are pretty good, i haven't measured them, but it seems like it is way too hard to load and it takes too much time. One thing I'm considering is putting a cpvc coupler (hopefully there is such a thing) on the plunger tube, then having multiple pre-loaded barrels to switch between each shot.

EDIT: one other question, if I do use multiple pre-loaded barrels, should I have the darts loaded into the front or back of the barrel?

EDIT2: should I just ditch this whole setup and switch to copper barrels (brass isn't available) in which I can push the darts all the way to the back of the barrel? Seems a little simpler

#58968 Cpvc

Posted by dragnet88 on 09 July 2005 - 07:58 PM in Modifications

everyone says they get great ranges on their nf's when they use cpvc, but here's my question: is the dart supposed to fit so tight? the farthest i can get the dart into the barrel still has a little sticking out the end, and that's with a lot of twisting. should the dart be going farther into the barrel, and should it be so difficult to get in? thanks

#58967 Brass Barrel Maverick?

Posted by dragnet88 on 09 July 2005 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

here's my suggestion to you. drop out of ridgewood dart wars now before you are humiliated. you have no chance. that is all

EDIT: just kidding sloth. i would just use the cpvc mod, but use brass with tape wrapped around it to make it snug in the existing barrel, and use hot glue on the ends to make sure you get a good seal

#58795 Laser Pointers

Posted by dragnet88 on 06 July 2005 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know where to get them? I was thinking of wiring one where the light is on the nite finder. It seems like it would be pretty simple, and absolutely badass for those wars late at night. Maybe it's not absolutely necessary, but so cool.

#58236 Xbow Underperforming

Posted by dragnet88 on 26 June 2005 - 10:11 AM in Modifications

The darts, barrel, and all of the equipment is the exact same as before. The only change is the use of fbr to straighten it out. It is baffling me because of the huge change when I barely did anything to the gun itself

#58230 Xbow Underperforming

Posted by dragnet88 on 26 June 2005 - 08:18 AM in Modifications

I just did rawray's xbow mod, and at first it was awesome. It was getting about 90-100 feet consistently, but the only problem was that the barrel was pointed considerably to the right of the gun, which was pretty annoying. So i opened it back up, twisted it around, and stuck some fbr on the sides of the pvc coupler to keep it in line. Now it was perfectly straight, but shooting only 50-60 feet! I guessed that the seal had been broken in the process of straightening the barrel, so i opened it up, and sure enough, the plumber's goop had come undone. So I re-did the entire seal where the pvc coupler meets the plunger tube, covered it with huge amounts of tape, and figured that my problems were solved - alas, still only 50-60 feet. What could the problem be? I don't think it can be the seal, since I have more plumber's goop and tape on there than anyone should need. I don't see what the difference is between the beginning, when my gun was shooting 100 feet, and now, when it's shooting 50 feet. Any ideas?

#58160 Help With Paint

Posted by dragnet88 on 24 June 2005 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Hey I was just wondering what brand of paint people have had success with for their nerf guns. Also, I was wondering if primer helped at all. Thanks

#57836 Thinner Stefans

Posted by dragnet88 on 20 June 2005 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

Is there a way to make my 1/2" stefans thinner? They're slightly too wide for my cpvc, but it's the only brand of fbr that is available to me. Thanks

#57765 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by dragnet88 on 19 June 2005 - 07:23 AM in Modifications

Thanks davis, that's exactly what I was looking for

#57701 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by dragnet88 on 17 June 2005 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

I just got a maverick, and it's awesome. I don't know what people are talking about, it goes farther than my stock nite finder by at least a few feet. Anyway, I was wondering if there were any mods to do besides removing the air restrictors and making the barrel swing out farther. I was thinking about dremeling the insides of each barrel and fitting cpvc into them - is this even possible, and would it be effective? Thanks for your time

#57274 Mod For The X-bow

Posted by dragnet88 on 11 June 2005 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Is that like zero's homemade breech? otherwise I don't know how to breech barrel it

#57269 Mod For The X-bow

Posted by dragnet88 on 11 June 2005 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

I just purchased an xbow, and I'm trying to find a good way to mod it. Problem is, all of the mods that I have seen with good ranges (80-100 ft +) involve removing the barrel and placing a dart into the back of it. Unfortunately for my purposes, this rate of fire is simply too slow. I saw zero's homemade breech, and that looked possible, but would it get the same ranges, and would the rate of fire be significantly reduced? Other than that, does anyone know of a mod for the xbow with a decent rate of fire? I would still like to be able to use a telescoping brass barrel, since that seems to be the obvious choice for an xbow. Thanks

EDIT: also, is there a difference between rawray's xbow mod, which uses two pvc couplers, and rag's mod, which only uses one? would one have a better range/accuracy than the other?