Sanonymous's Content

There have been 2 items by Sanonymous (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#364457 Resistors and thermistors?

Posted by Sanonymous on 11 February 2020 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure those are inductors, not resistors. They do have some parasitic resistance, but that's not their intent. They block AC current but allow DC to flow freely. I'm not sure what their use is in this circuit, but I think it has something to do with "smoothing out" or "filtering" the current.

It's "normal" for modders who are trying to get a lot of power from their blaster to dike out everything in the circuit and replace the whole lot all at once. Motors, wire, battery, flywheels, and cage. I personally am a believer in all or nothing here. Either replace every functional component, or basically leave it all be. Just bypassing those components like you did shouldn't hurt anything, but replacing, say, just the motors, or just the flywheel cage is kind of an odd choice, and you end up with some serious bottlenecks.

Oh damn for real? It looked a hell of a lot like resistors XD 

Nerf+Barricade+Internals+-+03.JPG

Those beefy bits really did fool me, but I swear to god removing either that or the thermistor above the battery pack on a small circuit board

thermistors-500x500.jpg(Looked like this attached, red if I'm not mistaken)

Beefed up the performance, motors whirred like it never before.

I swear I'm not crazy! Is it just me?

#364453 Resistors and thermistors?

Posted by Sanonymous on 10 February 2020 - 12:16 AM in Modifications

So I just got into the modding hobby a week or two ago, with a second-hand blaster I got for less than 13 bucks. It was a barricade, old gun, some of the first flywheels if I'm not mistaken from nerf, at least that I'm aware of. 

So of course there are physical mods and mechanical ones, but I wanted to learn how to dabble in electric circuiting so I learned how to solder.

I saw that there was a thermistor on top of the battery case on a circuit board, so I bypassed that and connected the wire straight onto the lead.

I also saw two resistors on the motors, cut the wires off and connected the wires directly to the motors.

It now runs pretty damn hard, by my estimates it's about equivalent to a retaliator modded 7kg spring? (Wish I had a chronograph)

But yeah, I was curious right, why are these resistors here? Is it normal for modders to bypass them? Are there any ill effects from bypassing these resistors?