quasar's Content

There have been 53 items by quasar (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#75112 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by quasar on 04 March 2006 - 12:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Sweet, count me in plus maybe one or two more.

#66007 Cars

Posted by quasar on 17 October 2005 - 02:13 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Here's my GLI (someone else's pic but mine's the same color and one year older). As soon as the warranty's up, I will chip and mod it.

My dream car is the Ferrari Enzo, that car is pure sex on wheels!

#66006 Pick An MP3 Player

Posted by quasar on 17 October 2005 - 02:04 PM in Off Topic

I voted for the Zen Micro because although I love my Zen Xtra, I do wish it was a little bit smaller.

I bought my Xtra about a year and a half ago because it was $100 cheaper and had more space than an iPod. Since then, I have never dropped it and I've only had to reset it once. I was afraid of jarring it too much when I run on the treadmill so I used to sit it on a table beside me, but now I just put it in one of the holders and jog away. It's still a pretty reliable device that sounds great.

#65772 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by quasar on 14 October 2005 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

Starbuck, that looks sweet. I vote for the SS2K name though.

#65702 Head Count!

Posted by quasar on 13 October 2005 - 01:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Hubbard, Jason, Matt, Daniel, Anya Seijin...

I know there were a few others, but I can't come up with names. Which one was quasar? I can't remember what the name of the really new guy with the duct tape mav holster was...

Hey Falcon, I was the guy who couldn't aim the tree gun. I don't think I'll be bringing it again.

I'll definitely bring a camera though!

#65701 YANO November 05

Posted by quasar on 13 October 2005 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

But the roof is the best place to loser some zombies!

I'm out for the 5th but available on the other days.

#65629 Narf Wc: 1

Posted by quasar on 12 October 2005 - 03:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds cool, count me in. Anyone who wants a ride from San Diego should PM me and I will drive. Any gas fundage would be appreciated but not required.

Cx, we definitely need a fall YANO, as in soon if possible.

#63738 Best Auction Find Ever

Posted by quasar on 16 September 2005 - 09:17 AM in Off Topic

Don't be surprised to find out there's radiation everywhere, including in food.

I used to have to use one of those every day at work for radiochemistry studies. If I spilled even a drop of water, I would have to be there cleaning it up until the geiger didn't blip anymore.

#63690 Your Armory

Posted by quasar on 15 September 2005 - 05:20 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here are a few recent additions to my arsenal.

#63681 Laptop

Posted by quasar on 15 September 2005 - 03:36 PM in Off Topic

Vista will run well on the Turion-based laptops since they support the 64 bit instruction set. However, it will be awhile before anyone will want to adopt it as their main OS due to driver probs, bug fixes, and the fact that most people have Intel chipsets that support the 32 bit set. Here's a great article comparing the two processors, the Pentium M (Dothan) and the Turion.

http://www.laptoplog...rticles/42/1/1/

#63679 What Size Pipe

Posted by quasar on 15 September 2005 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

For stock darts, I like to use a crayola barrel nested in 1/2" sch. 40 pvc.

#62277 Opening A Big Salvo?

Posted by quasar on 20 August 2005 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

Thanks bags. I'm feeling the need to plug the pump on this gun to get some power out of it. I've replaced the barrels with PETG already.

#62237 Opening A Big Salvo?

Posted by quasar on 19 August 2005 - 02:58 PM in Modifications

I'm surprised this hasn't been asked before since it's an old gun.

I am having trouble with one screw that is smaller than the others. My computer screwdrivers don't go down far enough to turn it. Has anyone been able to get this gun open and how did you get to that screw by the middle barrels?

#62227 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by quasar on 19 August 2005 - 09:53 AM in General Nerf

My lbb doesn't shoot that far either. I have ok stefans and they fit well inside the stock barrel but the performance isn't anything near a nerf pump gun. Maybe I just need to plug the air pressure release to unlock it's true potential.

#62226 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by quasar on 19 August 2005 - 09:46 AM in Off Topic

As fast as Shinny's moving up, I predict he will kick our asses in this little contest. Great job Shinny! (Also, what the hell are you runnin man?)

#61349 Firefly Problems

Posted by quasar on 07 August 2005 - 09:36 AM in Modifications

I just modded mine yesterday. Go ahead and take out the white rotating part but you have to remove the plunger tube also to get to the a screw underneath it. It is all pretty easy to put back in, just screw everything back down.

#61194 West Coast Late For Firefly?

Posted by quasar on 05 August 2005 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

It's out in SoCal! I bought it for $24.99 at TRU so Wal-Mart is cheaper.

#61188 Hornet Prob

Posted by quasar on 05 August 2005 - 01:15 PM in Modifications

Ouch, this thread is getting hot. I'll try to stay out of the fire.

LMA, I'm only talking about the tri-pronged restrictor/regulator orange piece. My hornet is still fully functional and I will be doing everything I can to keep it that way.

#61183 Hornet Prob

Posted by quasar on 05 August 2005 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

To get this thread back on topic, I'm having a hornet problem. Maybe it's a brain capacity problem because I'm not sure what to do about it. I drilled through the regulators in my hornet with a 3/8" bit and instead of breaking into pieces, it stayed as one piece and just punched down a little further. So now it's detached but in one big piece at the bottom of my barrel. I don't really want to saw off the barrel to get at the bottom so I was thinking of using a smaller bit to try to break it and then pull out with pliers. Any suggestions?

#60927 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by quasar on 02 August 2005 - 01:43 PM in General Nerf

Is that a Yellow AT2K Viper? I've never seen one of those..

I've got:

2x AT2Ks
2x AT3Ks
2x NF (original)
1x NF EX3
1x Maverick REV-6
1x PC
1x RF20
1x WF (leaky bladder)
3x SM3K (1 Yellow, 2 Blue)
1x Titan
1x Hornet
1x Scout
1x First Shot
1x LOTR Xbow
1x SplitFire
1x LBB
1x Tek6
1x Big Salvo (coming)

#60897 Fall Caff

Posted by quasar on 02 August 2005 - 10:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn, I think my family will be in town that weekend. Otherwise, I'd be there!

#60896 Friction

Posted by quasar on 02 August 2005 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

ACtually, I got PETG form that place that gives free samples and had some that fit my very first batch of FBR perfectly. If yours' is white, then I have had that kind of foam.

Where did you find white foam? I would love to have some even if it means a little more $$.

#60437 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by quasar on 28 July 2005 - 02:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

I think it depends a lot on your particular batch of FBR. My light grey stuff was a lot stiffer than the black stuff I've found recently.

Recently I've been making 'goldeneye' darts with gold sparkles in the end and black bodies.

#60272 Armageddon 2k5 Recap

Posted by quasar on 26 July 2005 - 04:02 PM in Nerf Wars

This thread makes me smile! I had so much fun that day, thanks to everyone for giving me a warm welcome.

#59734 Armageddon 2005

Posted by quasar on 20 July 2005 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

PS. Got any touristing suggestions for this area?

My grandparents live in San Leandro, so when I visit, I like to check out Haight-Ashbury (Berkeley Area), SFMOMA, Pier whatever (39 or 52 something like that), Alcatraz, Golden Gate State Park, Chinatown, there's a lot of cool places in 'frisco.

By the way, I expect to be at Armageddon early (as close to 10 as possible) but I don't know how late I'll stay. I'm def looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

#59391 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by quasar on 15 July 2005 - 01:06 PM in Off Topic

They don't seem to be doing badly, Cx. We can't catch you, I've been trying with about 5-6 computers for a few days now and I'm not even close. I must bow down to your superior processing power and maybe put this on the back burner for now.

Btw, who is Baelnorn anyway?

#59390 Uruk-hai Crossbow

Posted by quasar on 15 July 2005 - 01:03 PM in General Nerf

I just got my LOTR Xbow yesterday and I really like it. It's the easiest gun to mod and the most accurate in my arsenal. I mean how hard is it to shove a piece of brass and pvc in there and that's it! I didn't really notice from the pics but it's already got surgical tubing internally banding it. Plus, the spots on the side where the arms normally attach are perfect for securing a bungee.

Thanks for the good advice Cx and Ompa.

#59102 Uruk-hai Crossbow

Posted by quasar on 11 July 2005 - 09:13 PM in General Nerf

I ordered one. I hope it's as good as the max shot because they're about the same price with shipping. By the way, shipping and tax made it nearly an even $20.

#58882 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by quasar on 08 July 2005 - 02:25 PM in Off Topic

I'd like to add that the GUI is really cool as a screensaver. I like to see the carbons it's trying to position and the folding of the whole peptide string is amazing.

Mine says it's working on 'p1801 Collagen PPG1 Amber Core', sounds like a collagen synthase enzyme maybe.

#58877 Armageddon 2005

Posted by quasar on 08 July 2005 - 12:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Could we meet around noon? That'll give me time to drive up that morning.

I might bring another friend if I can talk him into it.

By the way, what's the head count up to?

#58816 Help Me With Compression Problems

Posted by quasar on 06 July 2005 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

It must be a powerclip, I noticed that auction on ebay recently (broken wf and pc).

#58544 Diffrent Nf And Maverick Colors.

Posted by quasar on 01 July 2005 - 01:39 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone checked out the DVD that comes with a new Mav? If it is slightly cool, I may buy another one to check it out.

Sorry if this is off-topic but is the N-strike DVD worth looking at or is it cheesy?

#58469 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by quasar on 30 June 2005 - 11:13 AM in Darts and Barrels

Quasar - I think you might slightly be flirting with the punta-esque here. Hot glue peels right off no problem. I'd like to know what you're using that bonds so tightly to take a few layers of skin off. I think I may be smelling a little bullshit.

Talio, what's punta-esque mean? I don't mean to get on anyone's bad side.

Maybe I could explain, I accidentally dipped the back of my pinky on the top of one of a previously made dart before I cooled it with an ice cube. It stuck to me so naturally I ripped it off but it had left some glue on my skin that was burning. So I put it under cold water in the sink and ripped off the glue. Big mistake, as I tore off a large chunk of skin with it. I have been putting neosporin and band-aids on it for a couple days now. Just wanted to warn others not to be the dumbass I was.

#58430 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by quasar on 29 June 2005 - 12:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

My suggestion is a general safety tip.

When you inevitably get some hot glue on yourself, DO NOT simply rip off the glue from your skin and instead, soak in cold water and leave the glue to prevent ripping off multiple layers of skin! OUCH!

#58401 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by quasar on 28 June 2005 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the suggestions, I think a pvc airtank with a compressor backup sounds like a good idea. You all are right, it would make an excellent stationary cannon for a base anyway, so now I'm picturing a tripod mounted, removable turret (for easy reloading) RF20 with a portable compressor like cx's. It's still in the planning stage, and if/when it goes further, you all will be the first to know!

#58385 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by quasar on 28 June 2005 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

Dammit, didn't mean to double post!

#58384 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by quasar on 28 June 2005 - 11:32 AM in Modifications

I wouldnt bother. You wont find anything small enough. Even somthing small enough to fit on your back wouldnt be good.

You guys have to think of the whole picture here. A heavy thing on your back or bigger will just slow you down and be unpractical. If you seriously need an air comressor for your RF20 to stay alive in a war, then you need to get some skill or you're using the wrong blaster.

Coolness >>>> Practicality

I'm not looking for the most practical gun to use in a war. I could care less if it ever sees action other than firing it at home. I'm more looking to find out how to do it.

I remember seeing a picture guy with a powerclip hooked up to something like a backpack in a thread where airsoft guys were dissing nerf, but I can't find it.

I found a compressor, but would it be better to fill a tank and use that or plug the gun directly into the compressor?

#58375 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by quasar on 28 June 2005 - 09:53 AM in Modifications

I would like to do this but I'm not sure how to go about it. I want to use something like a portable air compressor to power my RF20 instead of pumping. I'm having a hard time finding a battery-powered air compressor small enough to strap to my back or something so that I could use it on the field. Has anyone ever hooked up an air powered gun to something that could pump air so that no manual pumping would be required?

I don't have that much modding experience so maybe you guys have seen something that might work.

#58101 Absolute Ideal Barrel Length

Posted by quasar on 24 June 2005 - 11:20 AM in Homemades

I'm sorry I have nothing to add but feel compelled to tell merlinski and doom what a nice discussion that was. Both techniques are commendable for determining ideal barrel length although the empirical method is obviously easier (even without graphing).

#57824 Armageddon 2005

Posted by quasar on 20 June 2005 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I can make it, any SD area nerfers who want a ride can PM me.

I just need to make stefans, looks like I better get to it!