Keola88's Content

There have been 31 items by Keola88 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#342174 Nerf Wars!

Posted by Keola88 on 28 September 2014 - 10:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Been meaning to get to Georgia for a war or two, but can't. I live in AL, would there happen to be any wars there? If not, I may have to host one.

#340909 Zombiestrike Long Shot - actual discussion thread

Posted by Keola88 on 02 August 2014 - 02:09 PM in General Nerf

My question is: where are these shelves that the Zombiestrike Longshot can be found?

All this speculation and discussion can be ended if this question is answered.

Targets, I know that. However, a lot of people are having to dig around in the store's stockrooms because the stores have been waiting to stock them. A couple people I have seen have had to go in with a DPCI code and walked out with longshots.

#340815 creative slump.

Posted by Keola88 on 30 July 2014 - 05:21 PM in Off Topic

I like to look at my favorite blasters and find a way to improve it. Example: Rapidstrike. It's nice, but rather large. Cut it down, replace it with a new barrel or comfortable stock. I like to look at others' ideas and mash them with my own.

Or, as the southeast tends to do it, make tons of integrations.

#340793 any one seen Xenial?

Posted by Keola88 on 30 July 2014 - 12:18 AM in Off Topic

When did you buy the NF rifle off of him? He's had a bad tendency to uhh.. run off with people's money from what I know. Never purchased from him, however.

#338676 British Modding Supplies

Posted by Keola88 on 04 May 2014 - 10:07 PM in Modifications

Alright, so I'm relatively new to this whole 'modify nerf' thing. At the moment the best I can do is some simple re-paints, which is going...OK. I know to wash, sand, basecoat and some tricks for painting it using Vallejo Model Air paints, which I'm mostly satisfied with.

My main problem has been the varnish. The ones I've been using don't seem to work all that well for nerf guns, and don't seem designed to take that kind of ware and tear. Can someone suggest a good varnish that I can easily get in the UK?

I'm also interested in making nerf bullets with a more metallic colour, so when my bronze and wood painted gun fires little blue and red things don't come flying out (they're especially jarring in the Barricade, where you can see the bullets) and would love somewhere I can buy the foam to make bullets in some kind of metal. Again I'd prefer the UK, but I can live with buying those in from the states, since I'll likely buy in bulk.

Cheers for the help.

Not sure how accessible this is to your location, but as far as painting goes I always make sure to buy Duplicolor paints. You don't need to sand when you use it. And don't need to clearcoat unless you use another paint that needs clearcoat. And for clearcoat I like to use Krylon matte finish, which for light objects like 18 mags take six-foot high drops to rough concrete pretty well.

#336967 Rayven Cosmetic Mod

Posted by Keola88 on 10 February 2014 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

Personally I would use about 50% wood texture/colors as mentioned above, but throw maybe 30% orange on it and the rest gray or black bits. The orange will help it stand out as a toy so people aren't afraid of it.

#336930 Nerf recon not working

Posted by Keola88 on 08 February 2014 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

I second DICE's idea. The lack of the dart tooth has to be the issue there. Either something has it permanently open, or there is no dart tooth at all. Open it up!

#336677 One of my current mods...

Posted by Keola88 on 26 January 2014 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Nice. Is she taking the 24V well? what do you think the darts per second is with her?

Let me know if the motors crap out on you, I am considering modding a vulcan to 33v.

#336676 Blaster rack ideas

Posted by Keola88 on 26 January 2014 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

Ooh. I like, very compact and well-thought out. Personally I am the kind of person that likes to boast my best blasters on the wall and leave the others out of site, but that's just me. Sadly, I have no methodology yet of hanging blasters up other than my shelves, but I'll show those tomorrow if you like.

#336669 stefan are shorter than elite stock?

Posted by Keola88 on 26 January 2014 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

I don't understand why people make stefans shorter than elite stock darts. How can a generic nerf gun like retaliator or strongarm shoot Stefan's?

Thanks

The stefans are created to go much farther than stock darts. With that being said, they can't fit a normal barrel due to their design. You'd have to modify your retaliator/strongarm as well as your clips (if applicable) to accept these. This usually means removing dart posts and putting steel rods in your mags.

#336639 Modding the AT3k

Posted by Keola88 on 25 January 2014 - 05:30 PM in General Nerf

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Sorry if this type of thread isn't allowed, I figured it was more geared toward a discussion rather than a direct question.

#336632 Modding the AT3k

Posted by Keola88 on 24 January 2014 - 08:58 PM in General Nerf

Hi. I've finally gotten around to gutting the AT3k, and I am extremely fascinated by the liquitron guage that tells you the capacity of your tank. I was wondering about three things:

a ) I want to replace the pump because the stock one is downright awful. What's a good one to use for the AT3k?

b ) Should I replace the at3k tank?

c ) If I do either of these replacements, do I have to cut out the guage for fear of it exploding, or is it possible to mod it in a way that preserves it?

#336611 SSBow (Super Simple Bow) Write Up

Posted by Keola88 on 22 January 2014 - 10:47 PM in Homemades

This makes me rather worried about the body snapping. How stable is it?

#333266 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by Keola88 on 19 August 2013 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

For an unprotected i cant charge it for too long? That is necessary if that is the case, because I cannot sit there and watch my batteries. And sadly, we have no voltmeter. Would I just lower the springload and bypass the thermistor?

#333251 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by Keola88 on 19 August 2013 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Unprotected trustfires, right? Did you remove the thermistor? I forget where it's located though.

Protected Ultrafires, 18650 I believe. And I did not remove the thermistor.

#333242 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by Keola88 on 19 August 2013 - 03:18 PM in Modifications

Did you cut down that spring? How is the compressed size of that thing even catching haha.

Your white pin spring replacement is the a different solution to the same problem I had. The white think needs to catch on the bolt as late as possible. With the weak spring, or with how tall it is, it catches on the bolt far too easily.

Apologies, I have not been on nerfhaven in a while. The first shot will always get off, but it either fires about two more and then quits feeding, and just continues to fire, or fires only one dart. Should I just reduce the spring weight, and keep only one spring? Should I reduce the resistance on the white piece? The swtich's spring was replaced with a heavier one, and a return spring was added to the white piece as you can see.

#332706 any Nerfers in the Ft. Campbell, Ky/Clarksville, Tn area?

Posted by Keola88 on 04 August 2013 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

Ah you're kidding me. I just moved from there. Sorry about that. I was looking for a group a few years back.

#332642 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by Keola88 on 02 August 2013 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

Whoops! Should've been more specific, I meant for the main spring, ie OMW spring, 3b spring...

Oh, haha. All good. It's the stock combined with this one: http://www.ebay.com/...=item20c4680a55

I really need some help with this guys, I don't want this thread to get flushed until I get some solid assistance here :s

#332639 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by Keola88 on 02 August 2013 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

What kind of spring are you using?

One of the tiny springs from one of the tactical rails on the blaster.

#332637 Stampede voltage upgrade issue

Posted by Keola88 on 02 August 2013 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

I recently modified my Stampede for a small amount of size reduction and a voltage upgrade. It's currently running around 16.8v. When I first put it back together, it bump fired quite a bit. Bump firing means that it continues to fire even after I let go of the trigger. I opened 'er back up, and went to this thread here: http://oznerf.forumo...t-your-cure-now

I did what they said, I increased the strength of the spring for the switch under the orange cover next to the white piece. I also attached a spring to the same white piece and stretched it to a place to secure it, to give it more resistance overall. Yet it still bump fires. I really need some help, and I cannot figure this out. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I did not bypass any switches at all in this blaster. Yet.

- - - - - -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#332636 Experience with Gorilla Glue Epoxy?

Posted by Keola88 on 02 August 2013 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

I use it, and I love the stuff. Just make sure you use the little tub on the packaging to mix it up really well before applying it. The more you mix, the better, but be quick. It's really strong stuff.

#332508 Any nerfers in Alabama?

Posted by Keola88 on 30 July 2013 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

I'd be more than willing, but I still live under my parents' roof. I can't say they'd be down for that. But once I have my own place, I'll definitely be down for it, Bobololo.

#332470 Any nerfers in Alabama?

Posted by Keola88 on 30 July 2013 - 01:54 AM in General Nerf

Just wondering, because my group and I are lonely. We need some new faces.

#329834 EAT Giveaway

Posted by Keola88 on 14 May 2013 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

I'm a huge fan of the EAT. And I refuse to kiss up. I believe your status is high enough to not need praise, for you know you are great.
I really need one, I am working on a project for one, and I can't get to a target to get one.

#296760 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Keola88 on 28 March 2011 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

You have to be joking with the 120 dollars in parts thing... And 200 dollars for this? The titan costs around 20, and you can get those air compressors here for around 10 (if not cheaper). Where does the rest come in?

Hmm. You forget that I live in Australia. It costs about $40-$50 to get one of these in Australia. $15 for the compressor. $30-$40 for the Airsoft / Tamiya Battery and Charger. Schrader valve $5. Switches and wires $10. Tubing replacements $5. Did you remember to take everything of those accounts into consideration? Nope.

Never assume, you'll make an ass out of you and me. Nevermind that, you just made yourself look like an ignorant 13YO (presumably you probably aren't one, but your mindset is of one).

The question is, if you were to be able to 'commission' this. You will realise how much time and effort it is to structurally create. It's like people making LED Mavericks. For US - Costs about $30-$40. If you made an LED Maverick, would you sell it for $50? You would sell it for $100+. The demand value is approximately that much.

FU-BJ, I don't think he was trying to roast you like that. I think, if anything, he was inquiring as to why it is so expensive. But then again, he could've been a bit nicer about it.

Anyways I think that thing is really worth it, although I can't exactly come up with that kind of cash. Oh well, props, that thing is amazing.

#296722 Internal Air Compressor Titan (nerf Modification)

Posted by Keola88 on 27 March 2011 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

Wow, that thing is awesome! Do you mind if I ask what the ranges are, or how much one of those demons would go for?

#296614 Question About Modded Recon

Posted by Keola88 on 25 March 2011 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

If you're going to use the foam from the BBB try to use about 2mm of the stuff to pad it. Remember less air output = less power so adding padding reduces that. You wouldn't want to make your recon any weaker than it is. Your best bet would be to cut out foam padding for your recon plunger tube instead of using the BBB arrow foam. Unless yu can slice it that thin.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I managed to get like, a 1/2 centimeter thick, its a nice, solid ring, too. I'm debating what exactly to do now. Oh, and I used a steak knife because I couldn't find my precision one. (So give me credit, lol.)

#296611 Question About Modded Recon

Posted by Keola88 on 25 March 2011 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Thank you, bennorco. Do you think the foam from the "arrows" that the BBB fires would be sufficient? I have two torn up ones and I thought maybe those would work well

Most likely. I use 3 circular cut outs from a random sheet of foam that I have. Lol.

Haha. Alright, thanks a ton. I haven't torn anything apart in a while, so I hope I remember how to put it back together. Heh.

#296609 Question About Modded Recon

Posted by Keola88 on 25 March 2011 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

Thank you, bennorco. Do you think the foam from the "arrows" that the BBB fires would be sufficient? I have two torn up ones and I thought maybe those would work well

#296606 Question About Modded Recon

Posted by Keola88 on 25 March 2011 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

I modded my nerf Recon a long while back, and I have been concerned with the plunger making a very loud noise as it collides at the other end of the plunger tube. Is this a problem at all? I don't want to ruin the gun. I'm thinking it may be, but I don't have much modding experience, so I thought I might ask around.

#272888 Fitted Holster Shorts (fhs)

Posted by Keola88 on 21 April 2010 - 09:57 AM in General Nerf

Nice pickup on the shorts. Cha-ching.

On another note, Nice one groove. I need to be getting around to making a holster in the first place. I can't be dual-wielding a LS and a NF anymore. I end up getting destroyed.