yoruai's Content

There have been 13 items by yoruai (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#263932 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by yoruai on 31 January 2010 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Yes, extending the spring to end of the gun by getting rid of the useless "Primed" window would increase the speed and power of the plunger. It would not however increase the volume of air. Not sure which is more important but both are desirable.

#263854 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by yoruai on 31 January 2010 - 01:09 AM in General Nerf

With this info I won't be spending the $30, If I had cash and time to burn though like Vinnie D. said, I think there's a chance of putting the longshot guts in this shell just for a different look.

#250061 Air Zone Quickload Power Blaster

Posted by yoruai on 10 September 2009 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Hard to see but it appears to be powered the same way hot wheels race tracks shoot cars around. I think a bit of electrical tinkering to increase the power thus, the RPM's of the flywheels could make this quite a dangerous weapon. It could be a good reason to ban electronic assisted firing in some competitions. Especially if you figured a way to run a belt through it or that new drum clip. In any case it should be a fun one to mod and at only $19.99 (TRU exclusive).

#203328 Rear Loading Maverick

Posted by yoruai on 14 January 2009 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

I started a rear load mod last summer also, for the aesthetic value and loading ease. As with other projects I had to put it down when school started back up so I'm still fiddling with the idea. I apologize, I know pictures would help but I'm between class and haven't access to home photos.

In order to solve the seal problem I cut the cylinder into two parts. I made the rear of it a small disk, just the part the with the horizontal ridges, and screwed it to the gun where the air hole is. This makes the "just right" size hole the plunger shoots through stationary. The orange part within the cylinder came out and I cut off all the individual dart chambers replacing them with crayola barrels filled with small cork, a kind of buckshot shell I use. Empty crayola barrels also make for stock dart chambers as they would otherwise not fit head first into the orange ones. I felt it'd be easier this way then to drill out holes big enough in the rear of the cylinder. With steffans perhaps you could avoid cutting the cylinder and skip straight to the spring method of leak fix.

I had to alter the whole turning mechanism to make up for the fact that the rear part of the cylinder no longer turns. With the new parts this was a pain to get back in sync but once corrected worked just as normal. A bit of plumbing cement with it's springy when dry properties in all the space air need not be and a strong spring at the front of the cylinder to push it against the plunger hole should take care of the mavs stock leak as well as the increased surfaces the mod creates. A stronger plunger (nitemav) would make this even better of course. I know a stronger spring to push the cylinder against the air chamber has been done and was met with problems turning the cylinder but I solved this with another strong spring added to the turning mechanism which easily overcame the turning resistance while still allowing for a tight seal. It does make the trigger pull a bit stiffer however.

There is some work needed to make the cylinder pop out for loading with it being cut but probably not necessary for stefans. Most of this is done, a bit more is only theoretical so I can't tell you how well it works. I will tell you that it is not worth the effort just to be able to rear load. If I get it done I'll post it weather it works or not but my degree comes first so don't expect it soon. The possibility of single handed rear loading shotgun revolver does seem bad ass though.

#170838 What Does A Sidearm Mean?

Posted by yoruai on 20 August 2008 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

Do parents not keep dictionaries in their homes anymore?

#169829 Bike Nerf

Posted by yoruai on 16 August 2008 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

Maybe a guy standing on some pegs with the T20 while another steers. More manuverability for the shooter anyway.

I think the biggest issue with multiple vehicles running around, aside from saftey, is the number of useable darts at the ebd of the game. Not sure how bad a go kart or bike could tear up a dart but it'd be harder to avoid running over them.

#169365 Take Aim Or Fire On The Run?

Posted by yoruai on 15 August 2008 - 07:54 AM in General Nerf

The run and gun thing (especially Salmon) sounds so much like those damn video game shooters where everyone is unrealistically running backwards and jumping up and down while trying to shoot the other spastic players in the head. Seeing as how nerf guns are inherently inaccurate and have no recoil I guess this is possible to do but you'd have to be in reeeeeally good shape.

Anybody ever try civil war style line marching?

#169363 Recon Vs Longshot

Posted by yoruai on 15 August 2008 - 07:42 AM in General Nerf

If you're not modding I'd get the Recon as it is much cheaper and there is little range difference between them unmodded.

If you wanna go for the glory and operate on those bad boys theres a lot out there for the Long Shot. The Recon's got a bad rap as being somewhat unmodable and it is true that it's air chamber is rather weak. I didn't think either was that difficult to work on so don't get scared off by all the long timers on here.

I know, I know, I don't have any mods up so what gives me the room to talk right? Trust me just remember the rule of all repair jobs and remember where stuff was before you start moving it and when in doubt take pictures. Actually theres a wealth of pictures on here you can reference if you get lost.

As for my modding I'm trying to take a small step in giveing the Recon a little more street cred with a leaver action cocking handle right near the trigger hand. Should greatly increase ROF and get rid of the aiming problem of taking your steadying hand off the gun and putting it directly in your line of sight when you cock the stock top slide. Real bad place to put that in my opinion.

#169359 Longshot's Shotgun And Recon's Barrel Extension

Posted by yoruai on 15 August 2008 - 07:09 AM in General Nerf

I understand the pressure enhancing value of a proper barrel but do the LS and Recon actually produce enough power to take advantage of the physics? Do any of the new generation springers for that matter?

I've always been under the impression that a barrel replacement will do wonders for the more powerful pump guns and some of the older weapons with decent springs but only added more friction to weak springers.

While on the topic where are all the Nerf pump guns? All they seem to make now are multi shot spring guns. Might br time to start converting super soakers.

#169357 Nite-mav

Posted by yoruai on 15 August 2008 - 06:57 AM in Modifications

Very nice work. Thanks for putting some life back into the Mav. It'd be such a good little design, if only it had more power and now it does!
Now I just gotta figure out how to fix the trigger catch. Bookshelf fell and busted mine to pieces.

#169356 New Buzz Bee Blaster!

Posted by yoruai on 15 August 2008 - 06:50 AM in Modifications

If you think the shell is too limiting, get rid of it! This thing looks solid enough to work even without the shell. Integration of just the guts and whatever trigger mechanism you come up with open up many possibilities. If someone gets the one pump working you might even get that thing to be useful in an LS.

#169353 Crossbow Problems

Posted by yoruai on 15 August 2008 - 06:18 AM in Modifications

Fill the hole with epoxy like Draconis or any of the others said. I like to do this with weapons when I know I won't be taking it apart anymore (on purpose) and hold them together with bands in between tests. The plastics used are made for mass production, not the sturdiest stuff out there so the more you twist those screws the more it wears down.

Of course if you don't like any of their suggestions you could just sell me your crossbow!

#166748 Nerf Elimination Game

Posted by yoruai on 06 August 2008 - 08:07 AM in General Nerf

If nothing else it'd be a decent hold out gun. Easier to grip than the hidden shot anyway.