Murdock's Content

There have been 16 items by Murdock (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55631 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Murdock on 25 May 2005 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

I forgot, the original Switchfire was pretty rare (though not very desireable). This is the only one I've ever seen, and it was personally mine before NC bought it from me for the review.

#55457 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Murdock on 22 May 2005 - 06:22 PM in General Nerf

Speaking of never released, how 'bout that Gatlin' Storm, eh?

#55448 Rarest Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by Murdock on 22 May 2005 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

So I remember way back in the day there was a Larami Missile Launcher. It was like SM700 or something weird like that. It had the colors of an SM1000 but it had a revolving piece for 5 or 6 arrows / missiles. Cennydd used to have one and I think there may have been a box cutout floating around with a picture of it. I used to have a picture from Cennydd but that was lost long ago on my old PC. Does anyone else remember this gun or have any info on it? I always wondered about it.

Other rare guns:
Larami Ballgun
The other ballgun that used a tube? heh
Hydro Harpoon? something like that...

#37194 Balthamel?

Posted by Murdock on 14 September 2004 - 04:39 PM in Homemades

Couple years ago there was a dude on here by the name Balthamel I think, or maybe something Blasphemy, I dunno. I found some pics of a gun he sent me, just thought I'd upload and see if anyone recognized it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

sorry, they are BMP...didn't feel like converting.

#37192 Air Tanks And Psi

Posted by Murdock on 14 September 2004 - 04:26 PM in Homemades

Thanks Cx.

#37120 Air Tanks And Psi

Posted by Murdock on 13 September 2004 - 02:53 PM in Homemades

I was wondering if anyone had proven, whether by formula or actual tests, what is the best type of air tank.

Obviously you want a lot of PSI, so I would think a smaller tank would be best. The smaller the tank, the harder to pump. I have made both guns with full stocks for their air tanks, as well as guns with a 2" diameter section for a small airtank, and don't seem to notice much difference in them.

--In theory it seems that you could have a small tank and pump it once, or a large tank and pump it 10 times, and get the same amount of PSI in both.--

How far off am I?

#36909 Solenoid Valve Help

Posted by Murdock on 11 September 2004 - 05:14 PM in Homemades

Just thought I would post an update for anyone still having troubles with their valves...

I tried blowing through mine today and discovered that air goes right through it. I made the trip to Home Depot and picked out several similar valves of different brands. I blew through them all and discovered that none of them let air through except (ironically) the same model as the one I had bought a year ago (Toro in-line). Rainbird and Lawn Geenie both worked fine. I chose another Toro from the rack and it didn't let air through, so I exchanged my old one. I took it home and hooked it onto my tank and it works fine, only problem being it has male threads instead of female. On the other hand, it is very small compared to the other brands.

#36907 Chemical Reactions

Posted by Murdock on 11 September 2004 - 05:09 PM in Homemades

Congrats on making the thing work...I was pretty doubtful.

I am not trying to shoot down your idea, just asking an honest question:

Wouldn't it be simpler to just use air than have to deal with buying chemicals, carrying them around, mixing them, and cleaning out your stuff afterword? I mean if you don't clean it, it will dry up and get gunky and clogged up and stop working.

#36880 Looking For Mixtures That Create Gas

Posted by Murdock on 10 September 2004 - 09:27 PM in Homemades

Well, it would always be fun to have a dart fired at you only to discover your skin melting off due to the back end of it being covered in hydrochorlic acid or something.

#36879 Funniest Scam Ever

Posted by Murdock on 10 September 2004 - 09:23 PM in Off Topic

I've gotten them here and there for a few years. I had fun with the last one I got... I sent them something about I needed to go to the bank to get funds etc then they replied saying "waiting your return". So I emailed back saying I had fallen off of my bike and needed surgery so they would need to wait a while for the money. Then I never heard back from them :wacko:

#36437 Solenoid Valve Help

Posted by Murdock on 04 September 2004 - 09:33 PM in Homemades

I know its no help, but I thought I'd post anyways... I tried a solenoid a couple years ago and no matter what I did I could never get it to work. This was back when Greg and LG (I think?) were doing a lot of solenoid guns and I followed everything they said and never got it to do anything but make a clicking noise. I think I'll head to Home Depot soon and pick up another one, as well as some new fittings.. I think I'm getting back into el homemades ^_^

#36419 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Murdock on 04 September 2004 - 07:51 PM in Off Topic

I still think this is a funny picture.

Posted Image

^_^

#36417 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Murdock on 04 September 2004 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

Sometime longer than a year ago, some Vet member posted this. The idea was to enter your user name, or some derivative of it on Google Images and see what image came up. I think the rule was to select the first image and post it in the thread, but we can change it to any image on the first page... I'll start out with mine...

murdock: oh damn...that is harsh...

Posted Image

#2294 Anyone Play Nukezone?

Posted by Murdock on 17 March 2003 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Its kind of like Planetarion, I remember a lot of us used to play that a couple years ago. Its free, pretty fun game. Does anyone else play?

http://www.nukezone.nu/

#2256 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Murdock on 16 March 2003 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

HeH, brings back memories... Wasn't PMS Pyschotic Monkey Squadron or something like that? Aye, the memory is foggy...

#2255 Best Browser?

Posted by Murdock on 16 March 2003 - 06:13 PM in Off Topic

Opera for me, gotta love custom search tabs for us lazy people ;)