flashflint's Content

There have been 304 items by flashflint (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#353918 Michigan Rumble Numero UNO

Posted by flashflint on 02 June 2016 - 01:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Going to be out of town on the 25th but I will definitely try to make it to the next one. 

#352519 Alternate color Supermaxx 1500 (old verison)

Posted by flashflint on 30 March 2016 - 08:35 AM in General Nerf

Actually, yes!!
A few months back, I saw a sold eBay lot of Nerf stuff, and one of these was in it. I thought at first it was sun-damaged, but the color was too even... I thought I was crazy, it's awesome that you found it!
Where did you find this one?

That was my first thought too but because of the parts that are the same color as each other, I'm pretty sure it came this way. Also one of the decorative tubes has a chunk cracked out and the color is all the way through. I picked this one up at a salvation army in south east michigan.

#352511 Alternate color Supermaxx 1500 (old verison)

Posted by flashflint on 29 March 2016 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

Came across this today. Mold looks identical to the normal color. Anyone else ever seen one of these?

JnbIxHK.jpg

EDIT: Sorry having trouble with photo, coming shortly 

#352249 Michigan Interest?

Posted by flashflint on 18 March 2016 - 12:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Im in the area and could probably bring a few friends. 

#316113 DCNF#5

Posted by flashflint on 24 May 2012 - 11:02 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in, but if the week before or after would get more people I wouldn't mind moving it. Calvert road would be my first choice for park.

EDIT: Never mind what I said previously. But there is a chance I will be able to make it +1.

#315976 All you Michigan Nerfers

Posted by flashflint on 21 May 2012 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there any Michiganders near who are going to be near the the ann arbor area during the school year? I go to UM and would really like to get some regular games going this fall.

#283359 Mino

Posted by flashflint on 17 August 2010 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try to make it whenever it is. I could most likely convince 3ish more people to come with me.

If you need someone to help run it, give me a holler over PMs.

#276652 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by flashflint on 02 June 2010 - 02:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe.

#275955 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by flashflint on 25 May 2010 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

Removed since it served its purpose.

#272334 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by flashflint on 15 April 2010 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

There is another frequent zombie group in canton. http://www.facebook....85292190&ref=ts

#271074 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by flashflint on 02 April 2010 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I am interested but need more details. I really think some gun limits should be established.

#268691 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by flashflint on 09 March 2010 - 05:32 PM in Homemades

T-Pain might even be available.

His agent directed us to Childish Gambino instead. Fits better with the "hipster" vibe the plaid shirts have.

Anyways, the HAAP: High Airflow Automatic Plunger.

The video is set to private.

#265369 2010 Toy Fair Video (nerf Booth)

Posted by flashflint on 14 February 2010 - 04:21 PM in General Nerf

What was that at 0:18?

A super soaker

#265365 2010 Toy Fair Video (nerf Booth)

Posted by flashflint on 14 February 2010 - 04:02 PM in General Nerf

Look at 6 seconds to the right of the raiders. Is that a pile of clips? or what?

#265095 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by flashflint on 11 February 2010 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

I am aware of the tediousness, I have experimented with it quite a bit before. Thanks for the info!

#265085 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by flashflint on 11 February 2010 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Instead of making a cap gun fire nerf darts, I've tried using a confetti popper gun such as this. (Except mine was single shot, but fired the same type of shells.)

The green cylinder in the video has six tight shells that has a single ring cap placed at the back. They can fit 1.5" stefans (I used CDTD's) and fire them up to at least 40'.

After I tried this out, I was amazed that it actually worked! When I went to go retrieve the dart, however, I found it burnt at the back. The whole experience was fun nonetheless. :D

I live in Canada and the only place I know that carries that type of confetti popper gun is Gags and Giggles. You might find it in a dollar store though, which is where I found my single shot "popper".

All I'm saying is that confetti poppers are more practical to use than cap guns when it comes to converting them to shoot Nerf darts, from my experience.

I have been trying to find an online source for those. When you look at the back of the cylinders, is there a hole between each "cap hole" that is blocked by the piece of plastic that links each cap together?

#265019 Cap Gun To Nerf

Posted by flashflint on 10 February 2010 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Make sure your system is gas tight. I have gotten about 40 feet out of a dart propelled by a cap. Also, make sure the barrel is not any longer than it needs to be (hardly longer than the dart in my experience)

#264430 Free Laser Cutting

Posted by flashflint on 05 February 2010 - 03:39 PM in General Nerf

they may be able to do polycarbonate since you can request custom jobs.

No they won't. Almost all laser-cutting service shops are unwilling to cut polycarbonate because it will require a toxic fume handling system.

I was afraid of that, but couldn't remember if polycarbonate was one of the toxic ones. Thanks.

#264346 Free Laser Cutting

Posted by flashflint on 04 February 2010 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

This web site offers a free sample 1 inch by 3 inch max laser cut part out of acrylic. I figured it could be handy for someone who needs a little bracket or something made, of course nothing too load bearing. Beyond the free sample, their rates seem pretty reasonable. I am not affiliated with them, it just seemed like something people would like to know about, they may be able to do polycarbonate since you can request custom jobs.
http://www.cutyourway.com/

#263896 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by flashflint on 31 January 2010 - 11:15 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Bladder has 4 layers of inner tubes over it.

Close up of important part.
Posted Image
The bladder runs to the push button valve from the MS trigger, which runs through a hornet check valve and to a 2K tank. It takes about 25 pumps and can get about 15 shots off of a bladder full. It works fantastically with a rscb or hopper clip. Pm me any questions.

#262512 Furyfire/2k Modification!

Posted by flashflint on 20 January 2010 - 05:16 PM in Modifications

I have not seen this gun in person, would there be enough room for a sm3k pump tube?

#262249 Interest Thread In A Winter War In Michigan

Posted by flashflint on 18 January 2010 - 10:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Near me, there are a few gyms that I may be able to get access to for a small fee. All of the possible locations are based around the Jackson area. There would most likely be a small participant fee similar to Massacre because I would have to pay to use the space. I am just putting this out there to see how many people would be willing to make the trek for some indoor winter nerf.

#260810 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by flashflint on 05 January 2010 - 06:30 PM in General Nerf

I'm more excited about this than the longstrike.

Flashlight mode. With an "a"

Ha.

#260050 Broken Super Clip

Posted by flashflint on 29 December 2009 - 12:21 AM in Modifications

Ive tried sillicon and hot glue

For future reference, silicone is a sealant, not an adhesive.

#259996 Broken Super Clip

Posted by flashflint on 28 December 2009 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

What kind of glue are you using?

#259981 Stromfinder Rifle

Posted by flashflint on 28 December 2009 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

Don't fuck with springs, beyond removing rust from them. We should all know, Bob, that rapidly cooling a metal, especially in a fluid besides oil, is a bad idea to begin with, not only hardening the metal but oxidizing it also.

Oil still hardens it, it actually hardens it more. And can still cause oxidation, although not as much.

#257904 Biggest "nerf Gun" I Have Ever Seen

Posted by flashflint on 03 December 2009 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

That must have been a different version, this one definitely can not shoot horizontally. The reason this one was recalled was that the pressure chamber has a left handed screw on the pressure chamber making it very easy to not screw it on and have it blow off once you start pumping. A couple kids got concussions.

#257901 Biggest "nerf Gun" I Have Ever Seen

Posted by flashflint on 03 December 2009 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

I gave up on mine quite some time ago. I have not done so yet, but my plan was to junk the parts, and use the pump and a few other parts separately. I have at least one part that yours seems to lack - a vinyl weight band that goes near the head of the balloon for aerodynamic stability. If you find a balloon that seems suitable, you can email me for details. Without it, you can probably expect the balloon to act like an even bigger fin than the ones in the back, putting the whole rocket into an immediate spin reminiscent of the most spectacular of NASA launch failures.

Yah, I just tried to launch it without a body and it was a spectacular failure. I plan to make a body of some sort from scratch, I can't help but wonder if it NEEDS to be 6 feet long...

#257856 Biggest "nerf Gun" I Have Ever Seen

Posted by flashflint on 02 December 2009 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

Yah, this was free, But I think I would pick up one for $20, I think it will have some serious fun potential once I disable the tilt safety.

#257854 Biggest "nerf Gun" I Have Ever Seen

Posted by flashflint on 02 December 2009 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Yep, looks like the same one as bobs. I just fired this thing with water in the system and it was pretty crazy. Now it has a bunch of water in the system so I will be waiting until tomorrow to open it up. I had it tied to my porch and it swung around and knocked a 10 pound chunk of cast iron off of the railing. It has some Serious power.

#257849 Biggest "nerf Gun" I Have Ever Seen

Posted by flashflint on 02 December 2009 - 06:51 PM in Modifications

Yah, It is not a standard bottle, I will get a picture soon.

#257846 Biggest "nerf Gun" I Have Ever Seen

Posted by flashflint on 02 December 2009 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

I was walking down the street when I saw this laying next to a trash can. I was not about to keep walking without picking this beast up.

Posted Image

It is marked as Hasbro 2003 and it is huge. I believe that it is supposed to have a large inflatable body, which I do not have, but here is the base of the rocket next to a NF.

Posted Image

Here are the parts as far as I can tell. I will be cracking it open soon and will post pictures when I have them. I just thought I would get it up here sooner rather than later.
Posted Image
The right hand leg has an air/water thank on it, the other two legs have leveling screws on them. The upper left leg has a plastic dome on it with a ball barring that engages a safety when it is level. In the center top of the picture you can see the squeeze bulb that operates as a trigger. Something I did not get a picture of is that there is a safety mechanism in the top of the "rocket" where the inflatable top should be. I have gotten it to dry fire, and it is terrifying.

#256614 Help With Paypal

Posted by flashflint on 17 November 2009 - 07:04 PM in Off Topic

It has to be linked to something in order to work.

#254789 Michigan War (3m)

Posted by flashflint on 28 October 2009 - 01:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait, this is in your back yard?...

#254421 Rscb Clip Stabilizer?

Posted by flashflint on 24 October 2009 - 09:47 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
I epoxy puttied a sanded out coupler to the side, works great.

#254082 Tightening Rings

Posted by flashflint on 20 October 2009 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

Make rings around the inside of the petg with some superglue, works great.

#250908 A New Name For Nerf "wars"

Posted by flashflint on 19 September 2009 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

Might I suggest Nerf "match."

#250529 A Nice Add On For Your Nerf

Posted by flashflint on 15 September 2009 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

So all he really did was mount a VERY expensive toy to a substandard blaster.

Don

I think "VERY" is a bit of an exaggeration, about the same as an action cam.

http://www.amazon.co...61&sr=8-1-spell

#250132 Raider Cs-35: Overview / Overhaul

Posted by flashflint on 11 September 2009 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

Hi I just picked up my raider and want to take out the AR but don't have access to a drill or dremel, what other ways are there to take it out other then loosening the glue around the seal? I'm on a limited budject as a college student and most people I know don't have a drill at hand. I tried popping it out with a screwdriver but I cant seem to hit that thing hard enough to give.

Open the window and poke the AR out with a heated metal rod. It may take a few times to bore it out but works reasonably well aside from the toxic fumes.

#249876 I Need Some Major Help!

Posted by flashflint on 07 September 2009 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

I am pretty sure that resistor should not be connected to both wires. I am not sure which, but not both.