CaliforniaPants's Content

There have been 384 items by CaliforniaPants (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#361872 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 29 October 2017 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Attached Thumbnails

• DNWBvoPUEAAfRDJ.jpg

#360803 Armageddon XVIII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/24/17) NOW RECAPPING

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 27 June 2017 - 05:58 PM in Nerf Wars

i only got shot in/above the neck once, two thumbs up.

#359421 How to clean up shell cutting?

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 24 April 2017 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

if you're trying to even out two edges try a technique called "draw filing", where you lay the file across the surface and "draw" it toward you. this gif that I definitely didnt laugh at for five minutes shows doing it in both directions, but I usually just do one to have more fine control over it. files are great and you'll never want to be without them again.

Attached Thumbnails

• hfile3.gif

#359263 Full-auto Demolisher with 3D printed launcher delete build

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 15 April 2017 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

generally if you're going to post a picture and a few links it's best to put it in the mods/paintjobs thread. but if you'd like to round out your writeup and post it in this thread so its easily searchable by site users people would probably really appreciate it.

#359188 Armageddon XVIII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/24/17) NOW RECAPPING

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 12 April 2017 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I was just wondering if you do or could do prizes/awards for some of the rounds or certain events or even just for fun type stuff like craziest maneuvers or whatever. I am curious because I would like to contribute in that regard ( at least for this war lol ) since I've acquired a lot of blasters of all varieties. And hey a free blaster is a free blaster lol. If so plz let me know and I'll start getting a few things together.

we don't, but if you just wanna give stuff away nobody will stop you. by all means spread the joy.

#358498 [CA]OUTOFBOX lite mod war

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 10 March 2017 - 07:57 PM in Nerf Wars

if electronic mods are allowed all the work still has to be done there right? like soldering with a lighter?

#358061 Stefans made from ear plugs??????

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 19 February 2017 - 03:34 PM in Darts and Barrels

most foam ear plugs have a waxy coating on the outside to prevent all the nastiness in your ears from soaking in, this coating ends up a little sticky after awhile of being handled and exposed to elements and moisture which is why they're made to be disposable. after a day of nerfing and being handled and shot they'd very likely get stuck in your barrels almost every time. 

#358011 Armageddon XVIII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/24/17) NOW RECAPPING

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 16 February 2017 - 10:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Got a question on the Nerf darts.

I'm not sure what FVJ darts are, do you have like a picture of them? I'm assuming their 3rd party darts.

Can we use 3rd party nerf N-strike elite darts, or are all 3rd party darts banned?

I dont have a picture but can explain the darts for you. FJV, or "full vinyl jacket", darts look like streamlines but instead of having a nice cushy head they're a a hard as rock hunk of plastic at the end and they hurt a whole lot. third party darts are encouraged otherwise! make sure to paint the backs or put an initial on yours or something so you can find them in the pile.

#357845 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 05 February 2017 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

soon, soon. 

#357196 Plunger Padding

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 17 December 2016 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

most of the time people just use a thick craft foam of sorts and hot glue it on and you're done, I really dont know if it does anything? it probably does something?

#356733 Help finding a new/improved longstrike priming handle

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 15 November 2016 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

It looks like the xplorer one is made out of stainless steel rod with some 3d printed cylinders jammed on the end, you could make one yourself pretty easily using anything you wanted to fit over the rod instead of fancy 3d printed things.

#356675 Nerf orange spray paint

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 07 November 2016 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

I dont know of any particular ones, but I do know that the color of the neon/fluorescent paints varies a little sometimes. best bet might be to buy a few different kinds and see whats close, just remember to put down a white basecoat so its as bright as possible.

#356589 [CA] Christmastravaganza 2016: A SoCal Experience

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 02 November 2016 - 06:07 PM in Nerf Wars

the sad part of the name of this war is that we could probably keep naming them after different parts of myself I've hurt over the year prior and not run out for awhile. 

#356414 Nerf crossbolt help

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 24 October 2016 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

you need a stronger catch spring most likely, especially if you upgraded the main spring.

#356247 Who Needs An Elite Disruptor...

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 13 October 2016 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

please stop posting your videos with a single line of text after them, add a description and breakdown of whats in the video at the least.

#356171 Bike pump titan tank

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 08 October 2016 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

that second port at the tank is what used to go to the "pressure gauge" on the titan, it is at tank pressure and you need to plug it.  or if its at a better angle use that instead. 

#356158 Bike pump titan tank

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 07 October 2016 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

titan tanks don't have a built in OPRV, only the pump, so what you're probably hearing is a leak from you just holding the tank on. you'll have to be smart about how many pumps you put in or purchase an external OPRV to put in the system. 

the fitting you're looking for is this, commonly called a hose barb fitting. they come in lots of different styles, sizes and materials; find the size of tubing you want to use and match it to the correct size hose barb. glue one to the tank inlet and one into the bike pump's hole, if they're a double ended one like that you can cut them down to be a more manageable length for what you need. now you can change the length of hose whenever you need to and they'll stay on tight, they will blow off under very high pressure so you can put a zip tie or hose clamp around them if you'd like or you can use the hose blowing off as a safety measure to not blow your tank. hope it helps.

#356036 Bike pump titan tank

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 26 September 2016 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

do you want to be able to use that pump for other things? if so purchase a tire stem valve and find tubing that fits inside there and then over the fitting on the titan tank. if not just jam some tubing inside the pump hole and glue it up. 

#356035 Your loadouts- How do you approach the hobby? (SAMBO/Super Stock/Stock

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 26 September 2016 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

I usually run for two rounds and then walk.

#355777 DP-2 low tide

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 24 August 2016 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

please put things like this in the mods and paintjobs thread next time. if its a project you plan on showing a full build of please do threads but just pictures and an explanation go there.

#355776 Stryfe Kriss Vector Kit, Paint, and Internals Mod "Kookies 'n

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 24 August 2016 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

please put things like this in the mod's and paindjobs thread next time. it doesnt just have to be the pictures, feel free to make big posts in there showing all your sicknasty mods in detail. looks awesome though, good stuff.

#355607 What Ive been working on (And greetings)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 17 August 2016 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

no its fine, dont worry about it! trust me, lots of people make the same mistake

#355601 What Ive been working on (And greetings)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 17 August 2016 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

please put this in the mods/paintjobs thread next time, and welcome. 

#355572 What is the history of modding

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 16 August 2016 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

start at the last page of and one of the forums and work backwards, congratulations you're an expert. seriously though just click around, a whole lot of it exists on here.

#355297 The Mackazine

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 31 July 2016 - 06:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

this is the only one of these I've seen that actually looks easy to use and consistent, I thought I'd never see one. the tape measure material will definitely break over time, but you've also got another ten+ feet to use so who cares. 

#355228 On single-handing a Nerf Strongarm or Maverick

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 26 July 2016 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

this is the most uncomfortable solution to this "problem" I've seen in awhile, especially since there are so many blasters that fill this spot now. also if you're moving at anything more than a mosey you're going to drop it immediately when changing your grip or just get shot trying to fumble it around. 

#354794 Plusbow Rev. 3

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 04 July 2016 - 07:49 PM in Homemades

the most exciting part of this is getting away from nylon rod. why the switch away from the handle with a trigger guard? was I the only one who liked that?

#354762 Easy Backpressure Blaster & Foam Launcher Of Wonder

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 02 July 2016 - 12:55 AM in Homemades

okay this is much easier to understand now, I was most confused by that shower valve. I agree with langley that a metal washer to back the rubber is probably a good idea to keep a seal going, its a really interesting design though.

#354756 Easy Backpressure Blaster & Foam Launcher Of Wonder

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 01 July 2016 - 08:13 PM in Homemades

what? nothing here is explained very well at all.

#354625 Comments on OMW Longstrike Immortal kit (2016 edition)?

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 28 June 2016 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

if you have some new and updated information please share it with as many pictures and info as you feel it needs, it'll help the next person who searches looking for the same thing. observations about the quality, fit, and other things like that are perfectly fine.

and welcome!

#354233 Ravenshot (Hammershot Carbine Conversion)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 15 June 2016 - 03:02 PM in Modifications

Okay, still trying to figure out most of the site

no worries, usually if its just a few pictures with a paragraph or so of info in the mods/paintjobs thread it goes. if you have a lot of in depth stuff about a unique or brand new mod then a new thread is the way to go so people can ask you questions and stuff.

#354222 Ravenshot (Hammershot Carbine Conversion)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 15 June 2016 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

please put this in the mods/paintjobs thread next time

#354172 Cloud 9 retaliator

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 13 June 2016 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

please put things like this in the mods/paintjobs thread next time

#354171 problems with mod

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 13 June 2016 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

trading isnt allowed outside of the trading forum, and you need to wait for access.

#354155 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 12 June 2016 - 11:30 PM in Nerf Wars

The second round of freeze tag where Ryan and Jlego chased me around the school and I started a chain reaction that made the game go on for another few minutes was pretty fun. Zorn got some good photos of me turning a baseball slide into a summersault.

I dont have that one, but...

#354154 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 12 June 2016 - 10:20 PM in Nerf Wars

this was fun, this was lots of fun. when I woke up this morning I was genuinely a little sad that I didnt get to do it again.

pros:

-so many people. there were so many adults and kids and just PEOPLE. battle parents with rival blasters made me happy

-everyone was in an extremely good mood the entire day, nobody got (significantly) angry. except for me. 

-the death clicker for deathmatch was extremely fun and the first round of the day was way closer than I wouldve guessed

-lots of young people running around having a great time and being super good and chill. to the kid that said RIP to me after I was shot in the crotch: you made my day multiple times

-cameras: lots of people had them! please post your stuff 

cons:

-darts. scary domes, slugs, FVJs, and poorly made silicone domes felt like being shot by rocks repeatedly, especially in the face and head. which leads me to...

-getting shot above the neck. it happened a lot, and I mean a LOT. and almost all of them were from under 30 feet away. thats not cool, thats really not cool. I was genuinely worried for my teeth after awhile. it was happening to other people I talked to over the day as well. please do your best to be careful and dont try and get off ant wild game making shots from ten feet away, its just a game. we're all here having fun, please be considerate. 

it was a wonderful time and I wish I could do it again next week. I'll be posting my videos soon

geddon 2016: a refreshing cold one

#354103 Armageddon XVII: SoCal's Largest NIC War (2016)

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 10 June 2016 - 10:13 AM in Nerf Wars

does anyone have a telescoping n-strike stock that they would part with? mine seems to have disappeared entirely. blue would be preferred but I'll take any color.

NEVERMIND GOT IT

#354100 Solder: Lead vs Lead Free

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 10 June 2016 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

you've stumbled onto one of the longest running arguments around, you can read for years and never come to a conclusion. just use nice quality of whatever you can get easily/reliably and you'll learn how to make it do what you want; at least thats what Ive learned.

also even though you dont have to worry about lead fumes remember not to just sit there and breathe in that smoke for a few hours at a time, lungs are important.

#354005 problems with mod

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 06 June 2016 - 12:14 AM in Modifications

what you need to do is put a dart stop into the plunger tube, since you removed too much material nothing is keeping them in place. your dart stop can be a little bit of hot glue or epoxy putty like has been suggested, but a better and more sturdy idea is to install a piece of wire perpendicular to the plunger tube. 

I have never messed with a stampede, but I'm fairly certain you can drill a hole right here:

Nerf Stampede Internals - 03.JPG

drill it through both sides the same size as a wire coat hanger or other similarly sized wire, insert it through and seal it up so its air tight and you'll be good to go. of course if this placement fouls something I don't know about then don't do that, but you understand the idea.

#353998 problems with mod

Posted by CaliforniaPants on 05 June 2016 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

welcome, lets break this down.

1. what do you mean by "sucks them back in", do the darts get sucked back into the plunger tube?

2. pictures are always extremely helpful, and with something like this a video would help people figure out your problem as well.

3. when you say that you modded it what exactly did you do to it? its hard for us to help when we dont know what you changed. the more information you can give the better we can help.