Mr Tubb's Content

There have been 124 items by Mr Tubb (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#210448 An Excellent Bullet Carrier For Any Large Gun

Posted by Mr Tubb on 08 February 2009 - 12:42 PM in Modifications

Although this is creative, wouldn't it be easier to glue a small cardboard box to the side of a gun and be done with it?

#210199 Re 100 Pack Of Darts

Posted by Mr Tubb on 07 February 2009 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

My brother got a $20 N-strike (not iron man) magstrike that had the new sonics in it, and they're pretty good. Much better than the old ones.

#208877 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by Mr Tubb on 02 February 2009 - 08:34 AM in Modifications

Also, does this mod affect air-seal? It looks like it might if you put a generous enough amount of glue on there. Do I unscrew the screw at the break and just take it out and attach the rope to a handle?

If you use enough glue you shouldn't see a drop in range. I actually just tugged on both ends of the gun (the barrel assembly was just dangling by the priming string) and something snapped on the barrel assembly to free the string from the pulley. And, unless you're fairly strong (I'm not,) it's quite difficult to prime without a handle. I'm going to fix this thing cosmetically (with some foam posterboard and silver spray paint) next weekend.

#208713 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by Mr Tubb on 01 February 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Just a question. When you tore apart your double shot's barrel assembly, were there any necessary pieces in the foregrip? Because if there aren't, I'm going to take minimization a step further and saw that off too.

Nope, the only thing that the entire barrel assembly does is hold the shells (you can just glue them on after this mod) and make it easier to prime (there's a little pulley system.)

#208596 Banet Mod

Posted by Mr Tubb on 01 February 2009 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

I'm thinking of taping a Nforce sword to a longshot. Maybe 2,one on the top and one on the bottom.

Something like this doesn't really need it's own topic, you could probably just post a pic in the mod/paintjob thread. Anyway, you might want to use some glue as well.

#208490 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by Mr Tubb on 01 February 2009 - 12:25 AM in Modifications

Hello fellow nerfers.

(First off, this isn't much of a complicated mod. However, I haven't seen any double shots like this, so I may as well post it.)

Anyway, I went to target on Friday to get myself another Double Shot. This was to be a replacement for the one my brother got me for Christmas (which I broke the next morning :P .) This time, it lasted about a day and a half. The priming string came loose, so I couldn't prime the gun. Disappointed, I threw it in the trash thinking I had wasted ten dollars. However, I had the thought later to try and salvage the spring for use in my nite-finder. Not caring much for the gun any more, I tore off the entire "barrel" assembly. Then, I realized that I could still use it with a bit of work. Here is the result...
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Basically, I discarded the barrel assembly, made a simple PVC handle, and hot-glued two of the shells over the air flow holes. Because it already looks likes a franken-shotty sort of gun, I'm not going to fix the paint defects or clean up the hot glue (and because I'm kind of lazy right now.) To prime the gun, you simply have to pull on the handle until you hear a fourth click, like so...
Posted Image
It gets around 35-foot ranges with taggers, which is what it shot out of the box (strange, seeing as my first double shot usually barely got darts out of the barrels.) I now like this gun quite a bit, since the slow shell reloading process has been eliminated and it's a two-shot springer. I'm just curious, has anyone else been able to make a broken gun into an improvement like this?

#207500 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Mr Tubb on 28 January 2009 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

Some of my recent work...
Nerf Hornet AS-6: black, gray, & gold.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I drilled out part of the air restrictors and removed the barrel pegs, getting a few extra feet (it gets around 35' now.) I'm probably going to sell it and get a double shot as a replacement, then use my blowgun and double shot as my gun combo.

#207109 Save On Batteries

Posted by Mr Tubb on 28 January 2009 - 01:20 AM in Off Topic

Based on the comments on the first video, somebody was actually stupid enough to do this and got an acid burn :P .

#201392 Shotgun Shells

Posted by Mr Tubb on 05 January 2009 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

I actually made some shotgun shells a while ago with a different kind of "pellet."
  • Materials:
  • Paper
  • Scissors
  • Scotch/school tape
  • Around 3" of FBR that fits your barrel
  • ~5mm diameter plastic straws
  • Glue of some kind (hot glue would work)
  • Pen or pencil
  • Technique - Shell
  • Cut the piece of paper to sections measuring 3x2.5"
  • Put a piece of tape along one of the 3" sides
  • Roll the paper around the FBR somewhat tightly, using the tape at the end to keep it in place. Remove the FBR.
  • Cut two 1/2" pieces of FBR, and set them off to the side.
  • Use your pen/pencil to make an arrow pointing to what will be the front of the shell
From here, you have a usable shotgun shell. You can either make the hotglue pellets described earlier, or you can go on to the ammunition I used.
  • Technique - Pellets
  • Cut 2" sections of plastic straw
  • Plug one end of each straw with glue (if using hot glue, you should just need a drop that covers all the edges)
  • To use:
  • Put one of the 1/2" pieces in one end of the paper shell.
  • Put the plugged straws inside the shell, with the plugged ends facing the arrow on the shell. The straws should be loose in the shell, so don't put too many straws inside.
  • Plug the other end of the shell with the other piece of foam.
  • Put the shell in the barrel of your blaster, with the shell's arrow pointing outwards. Just jamming it in is fine.
  • Prime your blaster and fire.
From a stock crossfire, this ammo got about 30 foot range with a max spread of about 5 feet, making it fairly accurate.

#201086 Holster

Posted by Mr Tubb on 04 January 2009 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

I would have to disagree with using foam as a main material.

I said felt, not foam. I know that foam would be too weak, which is why I suggested a fabric. The stuff is a little stretchy, but otherwise pretty strong.

#200960 Holster

Posted by Mr Tubb on 03 January 2009 - 11:36 PM in General Nerf

Another material you might use is felt. It's readily available in ~8.5x11" sheets for around a quarter each at craft stores. It also comes in lots of different colors. I've used hot glue on the stuff before (on my darts) and it has a fairly good bond since the fabric is so porous. Just an idea...

#198963 Merry Christmas!

Posted by Mr Tubb on 26 December 2008 - 12:34 PM in Off Topic

Happy Belated Christmas!

I got a battery powered hot glue gun and the blowgun shell I talked about in the "LEGO Digital Designer" thread.

#198618 500 Rpm Vulcan

Posted by Mr Tubb on 24 December 2008 - 10:56 AM in Modifications

Wow...That's cool. Why is painting the orange tip illegal?

Because it makes the gun (which they had painted to be more realistic) look more like a real firearm.

#198487 500 Rpm Vulcan

Posted by Mr Tubb on 23 December 2008 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

Supporting the idea that the gun would eventually die, at the beginning of the video it said that the gun partially melted after shooting the video :blink: .

#195042 Bitchslayer

Posted by Mr Tubb on 09 December 2008 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

You need to remember it might look like it could kill someone because it left a huge hole in a cardboard box, but the human body is not even close to being that rigid and the last time I checked most robbers wear shirts, thus slowing the impact even more.

If this were to be used as some sort of home defense weapon, special darts would have to be made. For example, death darts utilizing something like sewing needles could be used; though it would make the darts longer.

#195023 Bitchslayer

Posted by Mr Tubb on 09 December 2008 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

With a gun that powerful, a main component is going to be accuracy, because you're shooting people from so far away.

I believe it is clear to see, from just about every one of the above posts, that this blaster isn't going to be used on people.

#195021 Clear Maverick Mod

Posted by Mr Tubb on 09 December 2008 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Nice modification! I do like the blue glow, but maybe somebody else will use a different (or multiple) color (s.) For example, if somebody wanted to do a Baghead style version of this, they could use pink and green LEDs.

#193252 Stefan Molds?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 01 December 2008 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

Actually, there are clays that can be hardened in an oven.

Very true. For example, here* is a brand I have often seen in craft stores.

*: It says that it "bakes to a smooth, matte finish in your home oven" after the three-bullet list.

Off topic: I just thought of a potential way to make letters out of hot glue*: fill whatever letter you need of a cheap plastic stencil, and bend the letter out when it's solidified.

*: I'd probably use this to put on the side of NERF blasters or something...

#190423 My New Promotional Project

Posted by Mr Tubb on 18 November 2008 - 12:09 AM in Off Topic

if someone knows a way (or a free program) for me to make a nicer crossbow, please tell me so that it can be in the final draft for the poster..

Could you possibly get somebody to take several pictures of their crossbow, then use tracing paper?

#190083 Lego Digital Designer

Posted by Mr Tubb on 16 November 2008 - 05:57 PM in Off Topic

Also, that blowgun-shell thing looks like the single biggest waste of money and legos I've ever seen. And really, a "stock"? Fucking ridiculous. If it doesn't break after a few bumps on your shoulder, I'll be impressed.

I just wanted a blowgun that looked cleaner then my past blowguns (which were made completely out of PVC.) You can't see it too well from the previous pictures, but I reinforced the stock as shown in the below pictures...
  • The circular pieces (recolored just for this picture) are reinforced by a rod (highlighted in blue) going through them.
Posted Image
2. That same rod also passes through the bottom of the pieces highlighted below...
Posted Image
In addition, all of the bonds between the bricks will be reinforced by glue.
Finally, I may as well show how the stock de/re attaches (note the highlighted pieces)
Posted Image

#189982 Lego Digital Designer

Posted by Mr Tubb on 16 November 2008 - 11:06 AM in Off Topic

Just improved the design by adding a removable shoulder stock... (far left)
Posted Image
And here's a better view down the barrel (just figured out how to free rotate the image while in the program)
Posted Image

Once I actually make this (which will likely be just after xmas), I'll be putting in a 1/2" PVC barrel (spray painted silver.) I'll post the pictures either in this thread or in the mod/pj thread.

#189975 Glue Gun Clogging...

Posted by Mr Tubb on 16 November 2008 - 10:54 AM in General Nerf

Sometimes they break if you leave them on for too long. This has happened to me (I'm an idiot) twice. This could've been the problem.

That's probably what happened... I think that my glue sticks are ever so slightly too small for the gun (so instead of using the trigger, I just push the stick.) Some of the glue might have leaked past the still solid glue and gummed up the trigger.

#189906 Glue Gun Clogging...

Posted by Mr Tubb on 15 November 2008 - 10:46 PM in General Nerf

Hello.
Upon plugging in my glue gun today, I noticed that the trigger mechanism of my glue gun was clogged up with solidified hot glue. This has happened to me a few times before, and this time I simply pulled at the stuff for a couple minutes using a pair of needle nosed pliers. I doubt it makes any difference, but I'm using glue sticks from a 24-pack bought at a local dollar store. So, I'm wondering if there is any way to prevent this from happening?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

#189007 Combat Arms?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 11 November 2008 - 11:14 AM in Off Topic

It lags because its starting up, during the rest, unless every server is completely full, it will be lightning fast.

My computer used to be like that, so I always almost always got spawn-killed before I could see anything :angry: . Then we improved our computer's ram and video card, and it takes five to ten seconds to load.

#188684 Lego Digital Designer

Posted by Mr Tubb on 10 November 2008 - 12:46 AM in Off Topic

Hello NerfHaven.
I found a program a while back on lego.com called 'Lego Digital Designer.' It allows you to build your own custom lego sets, and, if you want, buy them. The only downside is the prices being a bit on the expensive side. This might be usefull for constructing parts for nerf homemades or for modifications, as custom parts could be created.
I made a shell for a blowgun barrel with this program that I intend to purchase (or recieve for Christmas :D .) It features front and back 'iron' sights, a front grip, a handle, and a skull emblem. Below are a few pictures taken with the program... (If they're too big, let me know so I can resize them.)
  • Front View:
Posted Image
  • Back/Underside View:
Posted Image
  • 'Down the Barrel' View:
Posted Image

I will most likely use hot glue to reinforce all the bricks. My plan is to hot glue the blowgun barrel into the shell at each of the four 'loops.' I hope that if any of you use this program that it will be useful or at least convenient.

#188680 Combat Arms?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 10 November 2008 - 12:21 AM in Off Topic

Yes, it is. The two most popular weapons at the ak-47 and the sr-25 s n i p e r.

Where did you find that info? Sure, there's usually an AK or two per battle, but it's much more varied. I personally used the G36E (about as accurate as a sni per rifle, but is cheaper and has full auto) or a K2 (has single shot, burst, and full auto.) Anyway, I just got 'staff sergeant 1' rank today. My game name is 'Irippedone,' and I pretty much only play in the 'cold seed' map.

#187396 Length Of Stefan?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 04 November 2008 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

I personally use a different type of dart altogether in my blowgun. It consists of a piece of felt (cut out from a 8.5x11" piece of felt bought for ~a quarter at craft stores) wrapped/hot glued around the end of a plastic straw. Then I glue a ~.6x.6" piece onto the end, and cut off the excess. The result is a dart that is about six inches long (much easier to find) that I don't even bother to test (because they never fish tail if made right.) All of the weight is actually at the dart's head, with about 5.5" of plastic straw sticking out the back sort of a 'tail.'

#186651 Practicality Of Paper Products In Nerf

Posted by Mr Tubb on 31 October 2008 - 08:02 AM in Modifications

I'd find a better way of reinforcing it. Nice idea though.
-Upperhand

He could try 'construction' paper for the barrels, that way they'd be much more rigid. However, in my experience with making paper barrels, it is critical that you wrap the barrel carefully, otherwise you'll end up with a screwed up seam that will stick out inside the barrel. Anyway, maybe a cheap way to 'waterproof' these barrels would be to hot glue some plastic bags around them, so that any water (or other fluid) doesn't run into the paper.

#185394 What Costume Are You People Wearing For Halloween?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 24 October 2008 - 08:21 PM in Off Topic

I too will be working at church. My costume consists of a hand-sewn tailcoat tuxedo (the kind with the two little tails on the back) jacket, hand-sewn top hat, and store-bought black dress pants. It'd be even better if I could find a "violin" case :lol: .

#185234 C.q.b.

Posted by Mr Tubb on 23 October 2008 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

I call it the Lady Shotgun :lol:

Another option would be to call it the derringer (which was actually an tiny little gambler's gun in the old west) shotgun. Anyway, my friends and I usually use blowguns for all purposes, since they're pretty much the most effective 'blasters' we have (none of us are modders, besides me removing the ARs of my NF and BBB.)

#184252 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Mr Tubb on 16 October 2008 - 11:42 PM in Darts and Barrels

It's much cheaper than hot glue at 99 cents per bottle

That would depend on where you get your hot glue. For example, I get mine in 24-stick packs at a dollar store (the diameter is just 1/4" per stick though.)

#183611 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Mr Tubb on 14 October 2008 - 07:58 AM in Darts and Barrels

my darts wobble slightly when I shoot them out of my NF, lowering the range and accuracy. I have removed air restrictors, but haven't gotten to the barrel mod yet. they are made by Capt. Slug's method, with the M-D brand FBR. does anyone have a cause or a solution? thanks. oh yeah and I added 4 rubber bands...

Is it possible that the foam of your darts is not centered on the washer/pad? Or, maybe the foam isn't completely straight. Another possibility may be that the gun is too weak to effectively use your darts.

#183096 Wow Look At This

Posted by Mr Tubb on 11 October 2008 - 06:39 PM in Homemades

Or, it could be used for overkill on someone who is skilled at dodging the average barage of darts.

#182805 What's The Cheapest Place To Buy Good Spray Paint?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 10 October 2008 - 07:37 AM in Modifications

There isn't any way he can buy it in California if he's Under 18. Its Illegal, or at least anywhere I buy it they check my ID.

So he can do what I do: have a parent come with you and have him/her buy it, then just pay him/her back.

#181940 Stripped Screws?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 06 October 2008 - 07:25 AM in General Nerf

That wouldn't be a good idea, as it would ruin the screwdriver... Tools are expensive.

You could always get a cheap set of screwsdrivers from a dollar store... And besides, you probably wouldn't need to use an extremely strong glue to bond the screwdriver and screw. So, if you were able to use something like hot glue, you might be able to just chip the glue off with a knife or something later.

#181924 Stripped Screws?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 05 October 2008 - 11:30 PM in General Nerf

I haven't personally tried it, but another suggestion was given in a thread similar to this one; super gluing a screwdriver to the screw, and just using the screwdriver as you normally would.

#181610 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Mr Tubb on 04 October 2008 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Why the hell can't people take a normal picture, with a shirt on?

Exactly what I was thinking...

Okay, you need a shirt. This is not prepubescent boys gone wild.

#181456 What Is A Silencer? And A Breach Idea.

Posted by Mr Tubb on 04 October 2008 - 12:30 PM in Modifications

A barrel with lots of holes in it is a muzzle break, it reduces the recoil of the gun like so. The gases being forced forward go backwards out of the holes and fight the recoil.

Here's an example of a gun with a muzzle break: (Barret .50 cal S n i p e r Rifle)
Posted Image

#180855 Most Quite Gun

Posted by Mr Tubb on 01 October 2008 - 07:14 PM in General Nerf

If you want complete silence, get yourself a blowgun.

I was wondering if someone would say that. Although, in my experience, there is a still a barely audible puff when you fire a blowgun. But this, if you really want to, can be made even quieter by slipping about six inches of pool noodle over the muzzle. In my opinion, a blowgun would be great for assassin games, as it is barely audible and can get ranges of almost one hundred feet with a good tagger (If your blowgun happens to be made of about four feet or so of 1/2" ID SCH40 PVC.)

#180760 Comming Soon: The Nerf Pen

Posted by Mr Tubb on 01 October 2008 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

Maybe it should shoot airsoft BB's. I know we're all trying to go for the whole nerf thing around here, but in all practicality, it would be easier and more efficient to use airsoft BB's. Shoot kids across a classroom during a test and he'd have no clue who did it...

Another option, though it would look ridiculous, would be to use one of those jumbo pens...
Posted Image

You could probably fit whatever you needed in one of those, and still shoot NERF darts.