littlemikey's Content

There have been 24 items by littlemikey (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#170872 New Nerf Games On Kotaku

Posted by littlemikey on 20 August 2008 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

Must... Have... Huge... Vulcan...

#168717 My Longshot Modification

Posted by littlemikey on 13 August 2008 - 09:48 AM in Modifications

Nice modification :)

I really want to mod my longshot, but I live in Australia, so if I stuff it up getting a replacement will be difficult >_>

#168711 Using Stefans In A Modified Recon

Posted by littlemikey on 13 August 2008 - 08:56 AM in General Nerf

Well that doesn't really help him. He obviously knows that they jam.

Mikey, you should search first. This one should be fine because if you search for recon mods, it's not in there. But the Longshot clip mod by TIG is what you're looking for.

Thanks, I think thats what I'll need to do.

#168672 Using Stefans In A Modified Recon

Posted by littlemikey on 13 August 2008 - 04:52 AM in General Nerf

Howdy there guys.

Simple question.

I have a modified Recon, with air restrictions and barrel posts removed, and I want to try and get it to fire stefans.

How do I load the stefans into the magazine, in order to get them to fire properly?

No matter how I seem to do it, they just fall out, or get jammed.

#168271 Recon Question

Posted by littlemikey on 11 August 2008 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

The black "Butt plug" as guys I know call it, is just there to protect the bit inside. It is on all new Recons, because apparently you could break the plunger off if you hit it while it was extended in the old ones.

If you want to take it off, its quite easy, just unscrew the two screws on the back of the black thing, and remove it, you don't need to take the rest of the gun apart or anything like that.

#166722 Wal-mart Prices

Posted by littlemikey on 05 August 2008 - 09:18 AM in General Nerf

I have to pay 50.00 for a longshot because i live in canada crap

I had to pay $80 for my Longshot because I live in Australia

*cries*

#166110 Longshot Vs X-bow

Posted by littlemikey on 03 August 2008 - 04:45 AM in General Nerf

In my opinion, the Longshot makes you feel cooler B)

#163982 Great Vulcan Deal

Posted by littlemikey on 23 July 2008 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

Anyone know a store that will ship to Australia? Or even Canada...

#163381 Wanted: West Australian Nerfers

Posted by littlemikey on 20 July 2008 - 06:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn... I'm in the eastern states...

Oh well.

Maybe you should start a similar thing where you are. Get the popularity of Nerf up. Nerf guns are starting to get more popular in Australia, and as such toy stores are starting to sell them.

#163300 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by littlemikey on 19 July 2008 - 04:43 AM in Homemades

I just made some plans that I plan to use... I just need to buy 4 hinges and 2 handles. You can just place pegboard in the back of it.

Posted Image

Gah, now I have to convert that to metric :P
Silly Imperial system XD

#163130 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by littlemikey on 17 July 2008 - 07:16 PM in Homemades

I was going to say peg board, but I was beat to it. You could however get wood slats from walmart (There used for wood burning and clocks. Found by the dowel usually.) Spray paint it black. Put on the hooks. add neat looking electronics and things around it. To get designs for the electronics you could use Tony Starks chest thing or look at steam punk stuff (looks cool but with no real purpose.). If you don't know any electronics You can always just put a big polycarbonate box with hinges over it.

No Walmart in Australia, but I think I have a fair idea what you're talking about.

I'm trying to design and build a weapons rack for my Nerf guns. However, I lack all creative talent, so I was wondering if anyone has plans for such a thing. I have lots of Mavericks, so a rack that just holds them would be nice, the other thing I would store on it is Recons, since I have several of those too.

The design of your rack will be affected by why you want it. Is this for displaying all of your blasters, or is it for storage without concern for how they are displayed?

In the former case, pegboard is a good idea, particularly if your stock changes, so that you can alter the layout such that all are displayed appropriately.

In the latter case, what you want is almost a four-sided box (back, sides, bottom) scaled to accommodate a blaster standing barrel-up, with partitions such that they can sit side-by-side.

I'm more interested in something that looks like this:
Posted Image
Basically halfway between the two.

#163065 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by littlemikey on 17 July 2008 - 09:13 AM in Homemades

Peg board is my choice.

Posted Image

Full work room video planned for future.

I just want you to know that I love you and want your babies.

#163038 Nerf Recons

Posted by littlemikey on 16 July 2008 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

I am a humans vs zombies player (nerf game, played at Goucher college and other colleges) and once i shotgun modded my recon (done by OberonFox) its all I used. I was disappointed with it out of the box, but it has a lot of options in terms of modding which really made a difference.

It makes me happy when I help others. Granted I took off the shotgun and barrel extension to make it a snub carbine, but I still love it.

Mikey, If you haven't done a single mod before the Recon may be a bit confusing. My suggestion is to go grab a dirt cheap NF and do one of the many documented and excellent mods for it to get a general feel for at least how Nerf plastic cuts and melts. That and then you'll have a pretty awesome pistol.

Love the RoF on my Recon. As said earlier it's a fun gun, not the best, but definitely fun. Welcome to the Haven!

I have plenty of Mavericks and Nightfinders at my disposal, so yes, when I get around to it I definitely think that I shall try to modify one of those.

#163037 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by littlemikey on 16 July 2008 - 10:03 PM in Homemades

Can you give us an idea where you are putting them? On a wall or acctually a movable rack? If on a wall, get peg board, and the different shaped metal pegs that you can stick into the peg board, and arrange them to hold the guns.

It would be a wall mounting.

Peg board and hooks is generally enough. If you want to go over the top, little wooden plaques with nail holes to attach to the wall? Velcro even? ^_^

I doubt you need anything serious, like aluminum bars and stuff. Despite how much you like the guns, isn't it really all about going out and nerfing?

I would like something serious :)

I run a Nerf club at my University, and we want a weapons rack to put up on the wall of our clubroom. Something that does look quite hardcore :);

#163027 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by littlemikey on 16 July 2008 - 08:50 PM in Homemades

Howdy there guys.
I'm trying to design and build a weapons rack for my Nerf guns. However, I lack all creative talent, so I was wondering if anyone has plans for such a thing. I have lots of Mavericks, so a rack that just holds them would be nice, the other thing I would store on it is Recons, since I have several of those too.

I have several woodworking tools available to me, but no metalworking supplies. Unfortunately I would have no idea where to begin, so if anyone has ideas or can help me out with a design, I would really appreciate it.

#162734 Nerf Recons

Posted by littlemikey on 14 July 2008 - 07:29 AM in General Nerf

the recon modded and with the barrel is decent, to say the best i can about it. otherwise i think nerfing inside it is ok, outside, REALLY bad idea

I'll have to look into modding my Recon. I've not done any modifications before, but I think I'm ready to start.

Outside Nerfing can be fun, as long as you have spare time to pick up all your darts ^_^

#162485 Nerf Recons

Posted by littlemikey on 12 July 2008 - 05:17 AM in General Nerf

Oh, I really like the longshot's jam cleaner. It really works well and I think its fantastic. I may remove the cleaner on the recon, but I'm just going to wait for now.

Do it, it's so much better without that jam door.

Yeah, the door on the recon is pointless. It is functionally and aesthetically better without that stupid door on it. The longshot, however is the opposite, for me. I like the door on it. I have it glued to the top of the bolt sled, so it opens when the gun is cycled.

That sounds like a good idea, I think I will try that.

#162484 Wanted: West Australian Nerfers

Posted by littlemikey on 12 July 2008 - 05:16 AM in Nerf Wars

You may want to add an E-mail address where people can contact you.
Not everyone who nerfs has an account here.

Speaking of not having accounts here.
I beleive their are a few members over at NHQ that are from Austrailia.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep an eye out.

#162483 Zero Punctuation

Posted by littlemikey on 12 July 2008 - 05:06 AM in Off Topic

I love Zero Punctuation.
One of my favorite things about it is: Even if you have not played the game in question, you will still really enjoy the video. I never played Haze, or any PS game he reviewed, yet I still really enjoyed the videos on them. I really liked his Web comic's video, because I'm glad that he is angry about the same things I am angry about with web comic authors.

It's impossible to pick my favorite one, they are all good
In fact, I think I'll go watch some more now. Thanks :)

The web comic one made me laugh because when he mentions the plot twist of the main character's girlfriend having a miscarriage, I realized he reads the same web comics I read. Control Alt Delete did that, and it pretty much Effeminate failed.

Oh, and I slept quite well last night. Pleasant dreams about women. Were you planning on trying to break in and kill me, because I did hear my dogs go after something and it screamed ALOT.... and I have collies....

No, wasn't me trying to kill you.

I know the exact comic Yahtzee was joking about, and yeah, that comic really was a Effeminate fail. There have been dozen's of spin offs from that comic, because everyone just thought it was rubbish really.

#162362 Zero Punctuation

Posted by littlemikey on 11 July 2008 - 09:45 AM in Off Topic

I love Zero Punctuation.
One of my favorite things about it is: Even if you have not played the game in question, you will still really enjoy the video. I never played Haze, or any PS game he reviewed, yet I still really enjoyed the videos on them. I really liked his Web comic's video, because I'm glad that he is angry about the same things I am angry about with web comic authors.

It's impossible to pick my favorite one, they are all good
In fact, I think I'll go watch some more now. Thanks :)

#162351 Wanted: West Australian Nerfers

Posted by littlemikey on 11 July 2008 - 05:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Howdy there guys.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Michael, and i'm president for 2008 of the University of Western Australia Nerf Combat Association (UWANCA - yes the name is deliberate).

We're a team of Nerfers based at UWA, and we are looking to start organizing some events.
If you have not heard of us before, it is because we only started this club about three months ago, but we're now getting into full swing and need some action!

If you live in Western Australia, please, let me know, and we can organize some events together. Currently, the club has about 30 members, and that number is growing fast. If you've had a hard time finding people to Nerf with, we're a great group. You don't need to be a UWA student to join, just interested in Nerf is all I care about :)

So yeah, to sum it all up, UWA gives us money to buy Nerf guns. If you can think of a better deal, I'd like to hear it :P

We just had our first event, a very successful swords vs guns LARP. It was kind of complicated, but if you've ever played TF2, you may know the map "Gold Rush" where one team has to push a cart of gold from one end of the map to the other.
Well, basically, we recreated that, with Nerf guns. However, we didn't have many guns (about 12), so most people just used foam swords. That was quite fun.
Also, we did not have a cart filled with gold. However, we improvised. What we did: push a car.

So yeah, that's the kind of stuff we're talking about. We're all very serious about Nerf, and we all want to have lots of fun. And, no, I'm not trying to sell my club to you, if you want to join that's your own free will. You don't have to be a member to participate in our events. We just all want together and have some awesome fun.

It is hard to find people in WA, since Nerf is really an "American only" thing, but we aim to change that.

Also, sorry for the eastern states. If you want to drive over you're welcome to join :)

Thanks for reading,
-Mikey

*EDIT*
If you want to contact us:
uwanca@guild.uwa.edu.au

#162350 Nerf Recons

Posted by littlemikey on 11 July 2008 - 05:03 AM in General Nerf

Decent range? For indoors maybe, but outdoors, one would get destroyed if he/she was using a stock recon. But I agree with you, the rail system is pretty fun. The recon, while not the hottest gun on the field, is always fun to use. Check out some of the mods for the recon in the forums, they should help you out some.

Very good grammar and spelling. Very nice for a new member :) . Welcome to the Haven!

Thankyou. I try my best to keep the spelling up to date.
I think one of the problems is that I'm 19, nearly 20, and these things seem to be designed for kids. Whoever would have thought....

Clip is more dodgy then longshot clip? Whats that supposed to mean? Its the same as the ls clip just a different color.

From what I can tell, they are definitely different clips. I've stopped short of opening them up and checking the spring system, but the lonshot clip is yellow and seems a lot sturdier then the recon clip.
The spring in the recon clip seems to just be weaker. Who knows.

I like the recon as you can convert it to a handgun, or a "rifle." But welcome to nerfhaven. I'm assuming that you have browsed the site pretty thoroghly from your great grammar. Not many newer members have great grammar. But just in case you haven't seen it, this is the modification directory. It has most modifications that you will look for, and will help you with your own, and if you post a really good modification, or a mod for a gun that is not yet in the directory, your mod will be edited in, for everyone on the forum to see. Enjoy your stay.

Thankyou for the welcome, I signed up several months ago, but I guess the admins were on holiday or something because it took these months to get my account validated >_>

I think the Recon is a cool gun, but it's not the best. If you want a gun that's looks cool, and has some cool features, then this is your gun, but I still prefer the LS. The Recon is a decent pistol, but my Disk shot pistol shoots furhter and is much smaller. So the Recon is a fun gun, and decent all around when modded, but it's not the best at anyhing.

And about the jam clearer, I'd don't like either. I took the one off my LS, so it's always open. But my recon is really my little brother's, and he won't let me take it off.

Oh, I really like the longshot's jam cleaner. It really works well and I think its fantastic. I may remove the cleaner on the recon, but I'm just going to wait for now.

#162189 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by littlemikey on 10 July 2008 - 09:27 AM in General Nerf

Wow, you got a longshot imported for $50? Mine cost me about $100AUD to import :(

*EDIT*

Nerf Recons are in Target. At least they are in WA. They cost $40 AUD. I've confirmed seeing them in Target Fremantle and also the Target in Perth City. You should check your local one out :)

#162187 Nerf Recons

Posted by littlemikey on 10 July 2008 - 09:02 AM in General Nerf

Howdy dues. New member here!
My name is Mikey, and I hail from the land of Australia.

Today, we finally got NERF Recons imported into our fine country, and I managed to get one.

I already have a longshot, I bought it on ebay, and I can say, that the Recon is not as awesome as the longshot.

Pros of Recon:
  • LOTS of rails to attach various things
  • Nice red dot pointer
  • Decent range out of the box
  • Comes with lots of darts
  • Clip release is on both sides, good for left handers.
Cons of Recon
  • Ships with only one clip
  • Clip is more dodgy then longshot clip
  • Stock is very flimsy, I imagine it will break easily.
  • Jam cleaner is hard to operate, Longshot was much better.
Since you cant get Longshot's in Australia I suppose this is pretty good.
Anyone else's thoughts?
-Mikey