Marine's Content

There have been 54 items by Marine (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#101307 Vortex Tornado

Posted by Marine on 22 March 2007 - 01:18 PM in General Nerf

Recently making my scout working I moved onto my ring shooter. It is the small red version that shoots mini light green rings.
It works fine nothing wrong with it and I've searched and searched but could not find a homemade to make the rings. I found one that uses a lightsaber but I'd rather nor break apart my beloved sword.

But I have found a flaw. It is wonderful indoors. But outside it is not so great. If it is not windy its just as good outside but...what can I do when it is windy? It veers off course or dives into the ground.

EDIT: Sorry I meant when its not windy its just as good as it is inside.

#101306 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 22 March 2007 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

Well it is indeed a great mystery. I got some glue as you know and glued that plastic piece and o-ring back to the barrel. Which in turn made it exactly the same before I nailed it off about a week ago. And a week ago before I knocked the piece out with the o-ring it did not work.
Since obviously I did the glueing right it works now. I have no idea why the Scout works but it does. I've just made it the exact same as it was a week ago...its...very odd.

#101292 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 21 March 2007 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

Umm...I found the plastic piece and the o-ring. I'm letting it dry right now...About a week ago I took that thing out....and it wasn't working before then so I need to know whats wrong now. Could I get some pics of the internals please? I need the top and bottom of the barrel and also of the plunger. The top meaning looking down into the thing. I think my plunger is ok, its the barrel that's messed up. But who know something could be wrong with my plunger.

#101290 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by Marine on 21 March 2007 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

Why does everybody like to yell at everybody for just saying something. I mean if I starting saying cuss words then yea I could see how I could get smarted back to. But I may have said some obvious things but....honestly what is the point? Is it to gain some self esteem? Oh look the noob said something obvious I'll think I'll go and mess with him just to get my post count higher....whatever.

Oh and a report. I went to walmart and they indeed did have the NF. I just couldn't find it on the site. Wonder why they change the colours? To get more sales I guess.

#101267 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by Marine on 21 March 2007 - 02:44 PM in General Nerf

I'll check again on it. And I already have a NF its is absolutely wonderful...especially with stefans.

#101266 Lotr Wars

Posted by Marine on 21 March 2007 - 02:41 PM in General Nerf

Yes...it would be sorta wierd. Plus I don't know what kind of range the original bow gets.....could be horrible.

#101255 Lotr Wars

Posted by Marine on 20 March 2007 - 07:48 PM in General Nerf

Technically it would still all be Nerf guns of what I listed.
With the exceptions of the swords.....

#101254 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by Marine on 20 March 2007 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

I was only pointing the colour out, just settle.

But I looked at walmart and target websites and couldn't find the NF. So I mean I'll get a NF if I see it but if not I'll get the Scout with the dumb target even though its double the price.

And I did search and I found Ompa's but I didn't find it satisfactory. I guess I'm just dumb for not understanding that. If I do get it I'll just take the peg out.

#101238 Nerf Tech Target

Posted by Marine on 20 March 2007 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

I've just realized that the Tech Target gun is exactly like the scout.
The look is the same but can anybody tell me how the gun is. It's specs stock without any mods. And if it is the same as a scout turn me over to some mods. I'm going to do it by the book and not screw this scout up if I get it. Just the paint job is a little...different.

#101232 Lotr Wars

Posted by Marine on 20 March 2007 - 10:40 AM in General Nerf

Has anybody ever had a Lord of the rings war. You use either the BBB the Two Towers croosbow or return of the king crossbow. Swords, or that old nerf bow that looks like somewhat of a real bow? And that's all you use? I think that'd be neat and love to hear some stories if you have.

#101212 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 19 March 2007 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

Ya I pretty much knew everything except the air tightness.
But something had gone wrong before I took the o-ring thing out. I just took it out as a last resort..because nothing else was working and I thought It might work.

#101185 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 19 March 2007 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

Yes but it could be a while my mom and sis who have cameras are out for a while...

P.S. When I was taking the nail and hammer to the piece that attaches to the back of the barrel and holds the o-ring the barrel cracked. I taped the crack up on the barrel, but that might mean I need to get cpvc 1/2 inch. I have it apart now and I'll look for a camera.

Oh (another edit) there is a mysterious spring that I found. I don't know where it came from but I think somewhere from my scout. I have both of the trigger spring so it will go back in place and of course the big spring and the cocker spring. is there any other spring??

Another update. I can't find my o-ring and plastic piece. I'll ask around but I'm beginning to think this scout wasn't meant for me.

#101140 Homemade Titan Missile Ideas Needed

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 10:32 PM in Homemades

I think this is in the right section and I searched for it and could not find it.

Anybody ever done or know how to make an extra Titan missile. I would like to have multiple shots with it.

#101139 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

Yes yes but before today it did not work with the o-ring and plastic piece intact. Today I took it apart and took that thing out. Same problem. Could I avoid all of the glueing through PVC because if I just try to glue it back I'll be in the same place I was before I modded it today.

#101135 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

Could I avoid all this by getting a PVC barrel? Or would I have to put some restriction for air to build up for that too?

#101134 Titan Special Rules

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

Well since I don't have the courage nor feel like modding a Titan as a shotgun......I wont do it.

Oh and assume this little skirmish is a 3 v 3 only one weapon deal. No side arms.

I'm open to more rules to it but if it were up to me here would be my rules so far: The Titan user gets a sword.....and the missile is like a grenade. If it were a grenade going off would you be hit by it? If so, then your dead. Though that would lead to many arguements...

#101127 Titan Special Rules

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 05:01 PM in General Nerf

Now basically looking at the titan it's one big nerf gun that only has one shot, then virtually useless. In turn making no one wanting to use the gun during actual wars. Maybe just to shoot someone when they walk in the room but by no terms for wars.

So I was hoping I could catch somebody that had made up special rules for the Titan. Maybe a 5 yard radius of destruction where it hits. Paralyzes anyone near it for 20 seconds or ANYTHING!
I just need to find a use for it besides just shooting someone in the face when they walk in your room.
Maybe they could have a sword with the titan while no one else has one...

#101126 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 04:57 PM in Modifications

Very well very well. Oh and I took the part of plastic that holds the o-ring out. Is the o-ring important?

I actually had some restriction before today, but today I knocked out the last bit of it with a nail and hammer and now its just the same...(I took out the bit like I said before that holds the o-ring)

#101124 Scout Problems

Posted by Marine on 16 March 2007 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Yes...scout problems. I modded it and now it wont work at all. At the most it shoots a normal dart 5 feet. And can't even get a stefan out of the barrel.

I modded it only to get a clean air passage.

I took it apart and had the actual barrel in hand wherethe bullet is held. I modded it so you could push the stefan all the way through and it be pushed out. I don't think I did anything to the actual thing that pushes the air through. I don't remember...I did the mod a while back...
Please I need help any possible reasons...I loved the scout <3

#69456 Lord Of The Rings:the Return Of The King

Posted by Marine on 18 December 2005 - 02:04 PM in Off Topic

Thanks you guys. Once I realized all this I beat it pretty easily with Legolas (favorite and best with person) but then I tried to beat it with aragorn and it got really hard.

#69399 Lord Of The Rings:the Return Of The King

Posted by Marine on 17 December 2005 - 08:10 PM in Off Topic

Well I have a a problem. Could anybody tell me how to beat the level ( the path of the King) Where you kill 60 people then go up on a legde and kill those elephant things (I think it's called Munduril) and try to save Pippen and Eowyn. How do I beat this level?

I can get past the 60 people killing part and I can take down the first elephant but not the second one? Can somebody tell me what to do please?

Pelennor Fields is the levels names.

#69307 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 15 December 2005 - 09:09 PM in Off Topic

Dang I don't think my mom and dad will get my a new modem. Oh well thanks for the help.

#69232 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 14 December 2005 - 07:04 PM in Off Topic

Yay! A loophole!!! Well, can anybody confirm that? I have DSL does that mean I can plug it up?

#69131 Bow N Arrow

Posted by Marine on 13 December 2005 - 08:17 AM in General Nerf

Thank you very much. Now atleast I know what it looks like. I would be interested. Could anybody that as it give me some brief specs. Like how far it goes. And is it that acurate and other things. Thank you again.

#69126 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 12 December 2005 - 11:30 PM in Off Topic

Well I guess since I can't have wires through the halls and rooms. I should probably go wireless. Is that expensive? Or is it somewhat cheap?

#69125 Bow N Arrow

Posted by Marine on 12 December 2005 - 11:28 PM in General Nerf

I happened to stumble across this on nerfworld mod directory and I clicked on it but the link was exprired. Could somebody show me a pic of it. It sounds really cool. Since I'm in to LOTR and Legolas is my favorite character I think it would be cool if it was an actual bow t pull back. Well, so can I get a pic and maybe even a review of it please. Thank you.

#69120 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 12 December 2005 - 10:01 PM in Off Topic

So...ok I get it. I'm just asked my parents and they said I need broadband. So to get hooked up I can't just hook my network adapter up to a phone jack in the wall, (or can I?) but I have to hook the Network Adapter to my computer internet modem? Because if that is so I don't know how that will work because my computer and PS2 are in two ifferent rooms and I can't have extension cords and such running all over the house. Will I need to get another modem or can I just hook it up to the wall if I have Broadband?

#69067 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 11 December 2005 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

So you're are saying a need to BUY a cord. Will somebody plase be direct and say either:

Yes, you need to buy a cord for it.
or
No, the cord comes with the adapter.

Sorru it's just been frusterating and also, I'm not sure if I have dial-up or broadband. I have: TDS High Speed Internet DSL
Is High Speed Internet DSL dial up or broadband. If it is broadband I am getting it.

#69049 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 11 December 2005 - 06:47 PM in Off Topic

Could anybody answer me this. If I have dial up is that a problem?

And do I have to buy any cords or do they come with the Adapter?

#69044 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 11 December 2005 - 05:00 PM in Off Topic

I didn't quite understand what you were saying about broadband and the cord and stuff? could you ellaborate please?

#69042 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 11 December 2005 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

Well TDS. If you've ever heard about it.

Most of mine are...I'm goind to get Call of Duty Finest Hour and I think that is, Lord Of The Rings The Return Of The King, Medal of Honor:Rising Sun, Fifa 2005, Madden 2004, MVP Baseball 2005 (I think it online), Tony Hawk Underground (don't play), and if Star Wars Battlefront 1 is then yes.

So does the phone line cord come with it or do you have to buy it?

#69036 Ps2 Network Adapter

Posted by Marine on 11 December 2005 - 03:10 PM in Off Topic

I need help. I here everybody talking about they PS2 Network Adpater Online and stuff. And so I looked it up. It's only $25 and I was wondering if anybody has here.
1.Is it worth it?

2.Should I buy it?

3.And how does it work? When I say how does it work I mean like is all you need to buy is the Network Adapter or do you need to buy other things. With it to be online and play with other people.

Here's a pic of it:Posted Image

#68995 Better Game

Posted by Marine on 10 December 2005 - 04:23 PM in Off Topic

Wow thanks for that post nerforbust. That was contributive. If you were gonna post at all why don't you suggest maybe a different game than those I've listed.
If you didn't have another game in mind stop trying to increase your post # by posting useless posts.

Sorry.

Anyways, for those wondering, I am using a PS2. So that might be of some help for picking the better game.

#68912 Better Game

Posted by Marine on 08 December 2005 - 07:29 PM in Off Topic

Call of duty kicks ass! You should have CoD:UO on the list.

UO? Sorry for such a short post

#68898 Better Game

Posted by Marine on 08 December 2005 - 05:02 PM in Off Topic

One friend says Call of Duty the other says Call of Duty 2. But they haven't played the opposite they picked.

So really I can't go on which one is better. Can somebody tell me which one in your oppinion is better?

Oh and this is for myself, not just a random poll. I need to know for Christmas.

#68746 Help

Posted by Marine on 03 December 2005 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

That kinda helps but I have neither a dremel or a drill...but the only way to get the air restrictors out is to drill am I right? or can you do it manually?

#68738 Help

Posted by Marine on 03 December 2005 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

I was using some needlenose pliers on my scout to get the ped out when it snapped and now only half is out. Because it snapped in half.
What do I do to get that last part cuz I'm dieing to use stefans in it.

#68698 Hornet Help

Posted by Marine on 02 December 2005 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

I need a little advice. I don't want to do anything special like brass barrels or pvc barrels. I just want it to shoot, and consistently. I know the problem is the little spring loaded plastic (tripod thing) at the end of the barrel. But can I just simply open it up and take it out or is it more complicated and I need to buy a dremel?

Edit: Also If i just take out the pegs and start shooting stefans will the stefans pop out like the stock darts do or will I have the same problem is I don't take the springs out?

#54544 Dremel?

Posted by Marine on 10 May 2005 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

Cxwq...what kind of hand tools wouyld you use? And how...would you break through the plastic and reach all the way down a barrel...and a Scout barrel at that?!

#54470 Dremel?

Posted by Marine on 09 May 2005 - 07:29 AM in Modifications

Would an electric screwdriver do fine?