goongala's Content

There have been 19 items by goongala (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#254035 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by goongala on 20 October 2009 - 01:32 AM in General Nerf

I don't think any of you are getting what he's saying. It's called MILSIM (military simulation for those of you who can't figure it out). It's usually done with airsoft, less so with paintball. However, both of those activities cost an arm and a leg in order to be a part of. Nerf is a cheap alternative. I, for one, think this is a great idea. I myself have been trying to put a group together in the Lynchburg, VA, area; using the same tactics and ideas as he's using. As long as your weapons have an orange tip, you can carry them almost anywhere. I also think it's awesome that he has 17 members. Keep up the good work.

#245932 Another Longshot And Titan Combo

Posted by goongala on 07 August 2009 - 06:16 AM in Modifications

Looks like an M203...but it also looks very flimsy.

(Usually I don't like others to do this but I'm going to do it anyway...)
N-203
Posted Image
(...that is the whole linking another post into someone else's thing...)

The above is the one I made. I'd listen to Blue if I were you. Switch out the hot glue for goop, or epoxy putty, or both. You can also drill a small hole in the tac rail and put a screw in there to hold the launcher on; that's what I did, and it works great. I do like the fact that you made it breech loading, and don't listen to bedhed, keep the barrel shroud; it looks awesome. A good attempt at a prototype.

#244666 N-203 Grenade Launcher

Posted by goongala on 30 July 2009 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

Cmdrmack: Yes, the Maverick trigger fires the Titan.

SonReeceSonJensen: As long as the tactical rail is long enough for both clips, I don't see why I wouldn't be able to attach it to something else... I suppose I'll see if it fits on any of my other weapons.

white moonlight:

1) The recon I have is nothing special, it's modified, but it only gets 25-30 ft max, and from what I hear that's pathetic. If I go to a war, I'll probably use a modified Longshot with a tactical rail epoxied to the bottom of the barrel section.

2) I probably wont paint the recon. When I say "I plan on painting it later", I mean painting it orange and yellow. Personally, I like that color scheme. And the fact that I want it to comply with federal laws make me want to paint it bright and shiny, so as not to be confused with an actual grenade launcher.

3) Ironically, the tactical rail attachments are not perfectly aligned. It has a slight pull to the right when looking down the barrel. But there's so much epoxy on there now, I'd have to cut the top part of the launcher off and glue it back on to change it.

4) And finally, no, I haven't gotten around to plugging the overpressure valve on the Titan pump. I may do so in the future.

spartan.062: I thought about making it breech loading, but I don't quite have the tools or the technical know-how to do so. It's just as well, if I had made it breech loading it would have had an even longer barrel, and as it stands now the entire setup is getting fairly heavy.

Eboreg: I know I'm not the first one to call my gun "VERA", but Vera is an awesome name...now go play with your rain stick.

#244436 N-203 Grenade Launcher

Posted by goongala on 28 July 2009 - 09:59 PM in Modifications

This has been a project in the making for a long time, several months. After I saw some of the other Titan/Maverick integrations/modifications, I decided I needed one. I wanted it to be an integration, like the Stormbringer. But I also wanted it to be detachable. Searching the Web, I found pictures of the M203 grenade launcher, and then it hit me...

The Idea:
Posted Image

To make a detachable grenade launcher that can be used both on its own, and under the barrel of a rifle, mainly the Recon. I know the Recon is looked down upon here at Nerfhaven, but I like them, and that's all that matters. These are the rough plans.

What I used:
1 Maverick shell, cut up beyond repair
1 Titan
3/4" PVC pipe and various caps
2" PVC (for the barrel shroud)
Various PVC couplers
Epoxy
Massive amounts of Epoxy Putty

Originally I was going to use the green ballistic balls as ammo, but I couldn't get that idea to work. So I went with miniature Titan rockets, commonly referred to as "Mongo" darts here at NerfHaven.

The Complete Weapon:
Posted Image
I call it "Vera"...

A closer view...
Posted Image

The barrel shroud is merely cosmetic. It's not pretty, I know, but it doesn't have to be in my opinion. I still plan on painting it, when I have time and money to do so.

Here's the attachment point...
Posted Image

As I said, not pretty. I decided to go with two tactical rail attachments, and I'm glad I did. Using two made the launcher much more stable, it doesn't wobble at all. In order the keep the launcher on, I drilled a small hole in the tactical rail itself and used a small section of a metal coat hanger as a pin to keep it on the rail. That way it won't slide off the front.

Down the barrel...
Posted Image

The outer barrel is cosmetic as I said, but the inner barrel acts like a Titan barrel. The mongo darts go in there like so:
Posted Image

They stick out a little, but that makes it easier to load. For the mongos, I used 1 1/2" foam pipe insulation. I cut some ballistic balls in half and used them as the tip, put some ball bearings in the center for weight, then hot glued and electrical taped everything together. They work fairly well for being the first darts I've ever homemade.
Posted Image

The barrel is also detachable, and later I hope to make a shotgun attachment, like the stormbringer shotgun attachment. Again: I KNOW IT'S NOT PRETTY. I haven't had the time, money, or knowhow to paint it yet. So, as always, enjoy...

#218209 The Use Of Duct Tape In Nerfing...

Posted by goongala on 16 March 2009 - 05:21 AM in Modifications

I actually measure out everything before I make it. I make duct tape fabric (which is two layers of duck tape, sticky side to sticky side) then put the CS-6 clips down and draw the outline with a sharpie. Then I cut and tape it into a pouch. If you have your measurements right, it should work perfectly. I'll have to make another one and do a write up, now that I have more duck tape.

The only problem I have with the sticky out then sticky in method, is that it tends to make a sloppy holster or pouch. It may work for someone else but I can't get it to cooperate.

#218208 Nerfhaven Accessories Directory

Posted by goongala on 16 March 2009 - 05:12 AM in Modifications

Well since the other two above me kinda necroed this post, I'll add my two cents...

Duck Tape and Nerf

#218207 Supernova

Posted by goongala on 16 March 2009 - 04:36 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there. I might also bring some friends...maybe...

#217262 The Use Of Duct Tape In Nerfing...

Posted by goongala on 10 March 2009 - 02:38 AM in Modifications

Yes ,atomatron, the closed pouches can hold extra darts. The extra darts for my Maverick are in the third pouch from the left. In fact they can hold just about anything you can shove in them, including...
Posted Image
grenades...sonic grenades.
Posted Image
Something I found at Firebox.com, but you can also get them here: http://www.1ofakinds...ic-Grenade.html. Basically they beep continuously (and loudly) until you replace the pin. They're pretty cool.

#216849 How?

Posted by goongala on 07 March 2009 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

I don't know If anyone else reads the little explanation/description/info thing inthe upper right corner but he explains himself there:

"i would never do this to a magstrike, but the one you see in the video had broken on me. so i modded it to where it was actually useful. "

If it's broken, and he made it work again, then I don't see why not.

#215514 The Use Of Duct Tape In Nerfing...

Posted by goongala on 28 February 2009 - 09:39 AM in Modifications

Nope, Pokechan, I don't have a write up for the knife. Sorry. I actually made it a few years ago. It's has a wire coathanger frame with multiple layers of cardboard and duct tape around it. As I said, it's not meant for nerfing, only for intimidation.

#215501 The Use Of Duct Tape In Nerfing...

Posted by goongala on 28 February 2009 - 07:08 AM in Modifications

I've seen a lot of nerfers making holsters and bandoleers for use with their nerf guns. Someone somewhere on the forums asked what type of materials people used to make their accessories. Some used PVC pipe, yarn, leather, etc. But there is one material that can do more than any of these (except for maybe leather), and that's duct tape. I have made several things out of duct tape, and as long as you have experience and know how to handle it, duct tape can be just as versatile and durable as anything else. Here's some examples:

The MOLLE-N (MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment - Nerf) chest rig, modeled after military tactical equipment.
Posted Image

A closer look. All the pouches can come off. I've even had a nightfinder holster on it at one time.
Posted Image

A drop-leg holster for my Maverick (also with a MOLLE attachment for pouches, or a knife in this case). It would have been completely brown, but I ran out of brown duct tape. I'll get more later.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The pouches are made completely out of duct tape (except for the velcro of course)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Or if you dont want a chest rig, the pouches can come off and be put on a belt.
Posted Image

Even knives can be made of duct tape (of course I wouldn't use it at a nerf war, it's purely for looks)
Posted Image

Another plus is that duct tape is fairly cheap. $6 - $7 for a 66 yard roll of the stuff, professional grade. And it's everywhere: Walmart, K-mart, Target, Lowes, Home Depot...everywhere. The only other materials I used in these are velcro and a little bit of cardboard. All in all, the entire get-up couldn't have cost me any more than $25 - $30.

I wasn't quite sure where to put this; but since the 'Accessories Directory' is on the 'Modifications' page, I guess that's as good a place as any. Just giving you guys some ideas. Enjoy.

#215500 Your Gunblade?

Posted by goongala on 28 February 2009 - 05:46 AM in Homemades

Posted Image

You asked. Technically it's a 'gunblade'...it's a gun with blades on it.

#204517 Nerf Recon M4

Posted by goongala on 18 January 2009 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

An M411A1? I have no idea what that is. But yes I do think it looks like a M4A1 SOPMOD, or a G3.

#203504 Nerf Recon M4

Posted by goongala on 15 January 2009 - 01:28 AM in Modifications

I haven't seen this anywhere else on NerfHaven, probably because it does nothing to the efficiency of the gun. It does, however, make the gun look a lot cooler in my opinion.

Posted Image

Basically it's the Longshot barrel extension (I did the frontgun integration, and therefore didn't have any use for the extra barrel) put in the Recon's extension shell. As I said it does nothing for efficiency, it actually makes the gun fire shorter than it usually does. But the close-in fighting my friends and I do makes range unecessary. And it sorta looks like an M4; at least I think so. I have made a shorter extension since I took these pictures so I'll be posting more pictures shortly.

Oh , the fore grip is a longshot scope's rail attachment, with a peice of 3/4" PVC pipe epoxied to it.

EDIT: More pictures. The short one is the "commando" variant. Basically just a cut down version.
Posted Image

And the insides (of the smaller one, one of the screws is damaged on the bigger one, so I couldn't get it open).
Posted Image

It seems pretty self-explanatory. I would do a complete write-up, but I don't have anymore extensions.

#203497 Holster

Posted by goongala on 15 January 2009 - 12:41 AM in General Nerf

Has anyone ever tried duct tape? I have made holsters and pouches using only duct tape (and velcro to keep them closed). It's cheap and durable, if you make them right.

Posted Image

#189916 Buzzbee Rfr Modification

Posted by goongala on 15 November 2008 - 11:35 PM in Modifications

Mine was fantastic straight out of the box...but then again my standards are quite low for nerf guns. I go into a project knowing my guns will get no more than 35-40 feet, and I don't have a problem with that. I did cut it down though, to make it a sawn off.

#188478 Vulcan...

Posted by goongala on 09 November 2008 - 01:40 PM in General Nerf

I've had mine since they came out, and it still works like a charm. I'm guessing, however, that it is possible to get a "freak of the factory" (a nerf gun that works better - or worse - than it's supposed to). That said, I haven't even thought about modding mine. Don't want to hurt my baby...

#188065 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by goongala on 07 November 2008 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

I have:
a longshot - with the frontgun mod integration
a buzzbee doubleshot - sawn off
a maverick - modded
a vulcan
and a recon - which is modded

Most of these were modded based on what i've seen on this site, so thanks to everyone who mods.

#166882 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by goongala on 06 August 2008 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

Just got mine a week ago. But it fires 1 dart every 3 seconds, not the other way around. I'm using brand new batteries so I'm not sure what the problem is. Anyone else run into this problem?