glamdringguy15's Content

There have been 29 items by glamdringguy15 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#289428 Nerf Gun Feedback Thread

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 29 November 2010 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

Name: Nerf Maverick REV-6
Manufacturer: Hasbro
Overview: A modern staple of Nerf, this gun was the first Nerf revolver style blaster. Extremely popular with kids, it has decent ranges out of the box, but can be modified to shoot farther and have interchangeable clips. Overall, I'd recommend this gun as a good sidearm, especially in stock wars. They usually retail for around $12.

#281853 Nerfhaven

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 02 August 2010 - 11:45 AM in General Nerf

This may seem like shameless pandering to the mods, but you're wrong Big Dog. The moderators on the site may be tough, sure. They may have pretty low tolerance for people unable to read rules and follow them. Heck, when I first joined I had to learn the rules of the board and not be an idiot. I've had week long suspensions when I don't follow the rules. But it's because of what the moderators do that this site is able to be what it is: a well-maintained forum for the Nerf community to discuss their hobby in a (mostly) civil fashion. And there's nothing wrong with that.

#280795 Stampede: Leaked

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 20 July 2010 - 03:39 AM in General Nerf

How I feel about this thread, summed up it one convenient image:
Posted Image

#277991 Need Some Help Identifying This Blaster

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 18 June 2010 - 10:51 AM in General Nerf

Also, would they be so devious as to retain moose, bears, and wolverines as legal council?

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole, good sir.

#276825 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 04 June 2010 - 04:53 PM in News

This essentially is the next Maverick. We don't know how good its performance will be until we actually get our hands on one, so let's just wait and see. Also, the fun of Nerf most definitely is underrated. Some of the best Nerf memories I have with my friends are of stock wars with Mavericks in someone's basement. Before you complain about reverse plungers and too many attachments and so on, remember when you were a kid. Kids love the customizable blaster idea, and Nerf is brilliant to let kids be creative (while still making money.) Kids are the primary audience for Nerf guns. For Hasbro to aim their products towards that demographic just makes simple sense.

#266091 Why I Love Nerf

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 19 February 2010 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

Excellently written. I think you have an excellent point. I nerf mostly with some younger kids in my neighborhood who don't modify their guns. The first time I showed one of them how to take out the air restrictors on a maverick, he had an expression of awe on his face. Just that 5 or so feet added to the range made it more fun. I owned a Longshot for a number of years. The most use I ever got out of it was either as a fun prop or as a pretend weapon for the kids in my neighborhood because it looked like a sci-fi battle rifle. That's when I realized that I don't have to own a crossbow. I don't have to own a +bow. I don't need a Lock n Load. Nerf is about having fun and keeping the kid (albeit weapon obsessed kid) in us alive. Let's focus on that instead of on whether we can induce welts on our friends.

#265425 2010 Toy Fair Video (nerf Booth)

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 14 February 2010 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

If you pause at 4 seconds into the video, you can see what looks to be a snub nosed vulcan at the bottom of the screen.

If the pulled listings from Entertainment Earth are to be believed, that's the "Vulcan 2.0". That would make sense to me.

#256436 Very Cheap Sword Sheeth

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 16 November 2009 - 01:12 AM in Homemades

If you're making a Demetri Martin reference, I approve.... ladies.

#254832 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 28 October 2009 - 07:52 PM in General Nerf

Last time I checked, a forum was a place for discussion and opinions, not just cold hard fact.

That is true, up to the point where Talio gets a hold of it, then much depends on his sugar levels, general mood and whether the Steelers won or lost their last game.

True. Well, I've found the discussion to be reasonable so far. Talking about plunger type and all. But if someone was to post OMG OMG OMG itz a nerf sni.per rifle! FOR LULZ!!!1.... we may be screwed.

#254825 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 28 October 2009 - 07:08 PM in General Nerf

Guys Stop posting, these are the Current facts we have:

-There is gun being released in the Spring of 2010
-The gun is named the LongStrike

Current Speculation:

The gun appears to be normal plungered, due to:

-No housing for the reverse plunger
-Large slot for the handle, similar to the LS
-Stated "Fires 35ft!!!" more than the recon

Last time I checked, a forum was a place for discussion and opinions, not just cold hard fact.

#254743 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 27 October 2009 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

Browsed around the Hasbro site, then the EA site for the new N-Strike game. Found this: http://nerf.ea.com/blasters.
A better picture:
Posted Image

Interestingly enough, the Longstrike is currently not listed as real.

#254610 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 26 October 2009 - 04:14 PM in General Nerf

Dibs on Breaker, as long as I can run around with a geeky headset :P

#253702 Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 16 October 2009 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

From a modification thread:
http://i53.photobuck...er/IMG_2355.jpg

#242233 Dart Tag Ctf Stormfire Blaster

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 16 July 2009 - 02:20 PM in General Nerf

I have only one thing to say.... these look like NiteFinders 2.0. And that's an excellent thing.

#219210 Lanard 2009

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 22 March 2009 - 02:35 AM in General Nerf

While surfing amazon, I stumbled upon the new Lanard blasters for this year.
We have first of all, the Lanard Shot Gun. Looks fairly basic.
http://www.flickr.co...N02/3375172096/
http://www.amazon.co...il/-/B001UE8750

Then we have the Lanard Shell Shock X-6. My favorite thing about this one is that it ejects the shells.
http://www.flickr.co...N02/3375164944/
http://www.amazon.co...7647072&sr=1-41

We also have the Sawed Off Shot Gun. How great is that? A 'sawed-off' gun? :ph34r:
http://www.flickr.co...N02/3374350057/
http://www.amazon.co...36374879&sr=1-6

I hope this is all new. The guns look interesting, although the names of the shotguns are funny to me.

My apologies for no embedded pictures.

My favorite gun is definitely the Shell-Shock. A shell-ejecting pistol? Sweet.

#217471 New Nerf Site

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 11 March 2009 - 04:58 PM in General Nerf

Ok first of all that Vulcan is..... a Vulcan with cardboard taped to it. Haha. Sorry. Second.... You say that picture is about three years old..... it's the beginning of '09. That was taken in '07. The math doesn't work buddy. And yeah how old are you again?

#217470 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 11 March 2009 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

On another note..... am I the only one who really like the fact that there's more and more about Nerf that's being made 'interchangeable?' At first it sounded kind of dumb and cheesy. But now, it's seeming like something that Hasbro is really willing to stick to. It's definitely cool to be able to use a certain type of clip in different guns, or get things for the tactical rail. I feel like Hasbro needs to do more, however, like release things for the tactical rail that are much more useful. But we'll see.

#213136 Mav-2

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 17 February 2009 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

In the picture that you had a link for, (though its probably just a crude photo shop job) it dEffeminatets the secondary cylinder directly underneath the primary cylinder merely hanging from the bottom. In your idea, would you simply manually exchange cylinders when out of ammo, kinda like a clip? or would you have some sort of mechanism that would exchange cylinder without as much hassle? Just curious =)

P.S. This pic might be a little bit better Posted Image

yes alkorion that's exactly what i was talking about. haha yeah i threw it together simply to provide a visual aid. and alright then mepain, i searched for about 20 minutes and could not find it. simply was wondering if it would work.

#213132 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 17 February 2009 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

In my brief time so far with the Nerf community, I have learned a lot. I have seen a lot of different attitudes toward nerfing, many different guns, and many different events overall. But now, it is the 40th anniversary of nerf. Most definitely a momentous occasion for the community. And so I have to wonder... what's next? Over the years we've seen everything from crossbows to longshots, mavericks to sharpshooters, and the list goes on and on... so what do you want to see next? What direction do think Hasbro should go in? Would you rather see more vulcan and raider type guns, or more maverick and nitefinder type guns? What do you see happening? What about changes to the Nerf community? Feel free to post your opinions. And the guns are just random examples. Not meant to actually relate.

#213081 Some New Stuff

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 17 February 2009 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

If you look just above the back of the handle you can see an on/off switch.

mmhmm. this isn't nerf folks. its a typical light and sound gun. actually the only thing special about it is the whole recon-esque "build a blaster" idea. read the press release here.

#212656 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 15 February 2009 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

yes of course i know that you can simply carry around another drum. and yea most ppl wont be dumb enough to fire them all. the point i'm making is, it seems a little too unwieldy and flimsy. It'd really suck if the thing broke in the middle of a war

#212608 Mav-2

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 15 February 2009 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

had an interesting idea today. would it be possible to create a maverick with another revolving chamber slung below the first one? heres a pic. what would happen is the top chamber would fire all of its darts, and then you would rotate the bottom chamber up and use that one. I think it could be a useful mod of a maverick, but curious as to opinions. What are your thoughts?

I'm not a noob. I've been on this site for awhile, simply do not comment much. if there has been something like this, give me a link, as i did not find it searching or in the mod directory.

#212504 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 15 February 2009 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

alright, right me off as a cynic but... i'm disappointed. Digi camo? fail. the drum, as others have said, looks like it'd snap right off. plus honestly its cool and all to release rapid-fire guns, but i we don't need tons of them. I was, actually impressed by the design of the gun, excluding the drum. the gun itself, seperate from the drum, seems durable, cool looking, and easy to use. that stock is absolutely perfect. why can't every shoulder stock on a nerf gun be that good? the only thing is some little kids might have problems with how long the thing is. it'd suck to be a kid and get this thing then have to hold the gun sideways to even shoot at your friends. It kind of makes me wish the recon's design had been more like this tho. The drum... i'm sorry i just don't see how its amazing. Can you imagine how long it takes to individually put every dart back in? as far as going back to the good ol' blue and orange, thank you hasbro. thank you.... however i wish that the design of the clip sticking out the side in the N-STRIKE game had been kept. its would have been much easier to snap in, snap out, and i'd rather have 8 bullets on a one by one basis than boooooooooooooom ok i just fired 35. I feel just like i did when the vulcan came out. ANyways, maybe there will be some way to mod it and make it nondrum fed. on another note, yup i noticed the bbb too. looks kind of interesting, but nothing really omg. and i second whoever said that we shouldn't speculate too much. this reminds me so much of the vulcan, minus the fact that this actually could be used run and gun style. yeah the super soaker rerelease is a great idea i'm glad hasbro is smart in one area :D kidding of course...

#211796 N-strike Game Blasters

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 12 February 2009 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

I know that this game has been found before and posted about, but i'd like to make a observation. I find this page very interesting. It has an interesting listing of 16 of the blasters that is easy to see. It also has the same N-STRIKE/Top Secret designations we've seen before. It's interesting to see good pictures of these guns and read some of their obviously fake stats. By the way, does anyone else think it's funny when a toy's name is in capital letters? I did it in here just for kicks, but in the toy world it's like putting something in all caps makes it scream "BUY ME OR ELSE THE WORLD WILL END!!!!"

#205470 loser Rifle

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 22 January 2009 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

Unless that auction is yours, you have just violated a big rule in the trading world. Also there is no such thing as a Sn1per in this hobby. That is why when you correctly type Sn1per it shows up as loser.

I see. Sadly, I somehow missed that when I read the rules. Thank you for letting me know.

#205465 loser Rifle

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 22 January 2009 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

I'd like to open this topic for discussion about the possibility of a new long range rifle being released. I don't want speculation, I want ideas, wants, etc. To get started, here's a classic long range rifle. Also, would you be interested in a new one?

#199125 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 27 December 2008 - 01:27 AM in General Nerf

Not to turn this into a speculation tread, but wasn't this on a list of patents in the closed N-Strike game thread.It was there along with the spartan and raider.

And a pic of the swords if you didn't see them, or want another look. http://farm4.static....707d9c9.jpg?v=0

EDIT: Here are the patents for lazy people:
Raider CS-6 - 76691227
Shadow Fury Foam Swords - 76691228 <------------------Swords are here
Magstrike AS-10 - 76691229
Attack Unit Dart Blaster - 76691230
Slam Fire - 76691232
Stampede Rev 12 - 76691235
Rampage EBF-25 - 76691236

Thank to shoeshine5 for the patents and slowguitarman for spelling the word "patents".

I could be wrong but i feel like the Spartan was included in those patents. And yeah when i saw that i thought, well i'd bet money the other patents will turn out to be real. so i'm content to wait in 2009 for some amazing things. the blue one looks pretty good by the way.

#191793 New Hazbro Website, Interesting Find

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 24 November 2008 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

hey you may be late but thats the best pic of the weapon select screen i've seen in awhile. thanks

#182216 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by glamdringguy15 on 07 October 2008 - 04:37 PM in General Nerf

personally i'm most intruiged by the "foam sword" thing. why in the world would hasbro think it would be a good idea to add a sword to the nerf line? maybe it will be a seperate line like nerf footballs, hoops, etc. i just hope that they don't make a stupid move like that