Vishamon's Content

There have been 47 items by Vishamon (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#260489 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Vishamon on 02 January 2010 - 03:50 PM in Modifications

double post

#260488 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Vishamon on 02 January 2010 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

Wookie Bowcaster to pump gun conversion:
Posted Image
internals:
Posted Image
Thread

#260486 Wookie Bowcaster

Posted by Vishamon on 02 January 2010 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

Vaguely inspired by ambushbug's Chewbacca's2k integration I decided to mod my Wookie Bowcaster. The shell is pretty slim, so I decided that trying to put a new set of springer internals in there was a dumb idea. after opening everything up, I discovered that, although quite small, the stock spring is actually pretty nice. Here's a pic of it next to a crossfire spring (CF spring on the left). They're almost exactly the same size, but the bowcaster's spring has more oomph to it.
Posted Image
Here's a pic of the shell with all the internals taken out.
Posted Image
Wanting too maintain the stock appearance as much as possible (I'm a big fan of wookies), I saw that the SMDTB pump left over from my upcoming Arachnophobia/Marvelous Salvo inspired project would be ideal. You need to cut the ridge shown on the left side of the pump tube in this next pic so that the part that keeps the pump rod inside the tube can rotate freely, allowing you to position the output hole of the check valve (on the righthand side) without having the pump handle at some ridiculous angle.
Posted Image
with some very minimal dremel work,
Posted Image
it fits like a dream!
Posted Image
note that you can see both what I was talking about before with rotating the pump tube, and how I used the ridges that used to hold the catch plate to grip the lip of the thing that keeps the pump rod in the tube, keeping the pump rod from coming out of the shell. Fitting the rest of the internals in, unfortunately, took a bit more extensive dremel work (nothing compared to the nightmare I have facing me with the hornet shell I'm using for my next project, ugh)
Posted Image
For the rest of the internals, I used a hornet tank and blast button (also left over from my upcoming project). I drilled a hole in the stem of the hornet tank that the peg from the SMDTB pump fit snugly into, and gooped it up. then I put one of those little springs inside the tubing to keep it from collapsing at the sharp angle I bent it to, and gooped it to the blast button. I cut down the part of the stock trigger that interfaced the catch plate, and glued a piece of a crossfire trigger system connecting the stock trigger to the inside of the blast button. Here you can see them installed:
Posted Image
The barrel is a piece of OMC PETG left over from another project, cut to fit the shell. I'm sure it's far from the optimal length for a hornet tank, but it looks nice.
Posted Image
All closed up, without the "bow" part. I lost the little prg that used to attach the bow arms, but I don't want to just glue them on, I'll figure something out later.

Ranges coming as soon as I figure out optimal number of pumps, and go outside to try it out.

If anyone has experience with using PETG on a hornet tank, and wants to suggest optimal barrel length, I'd appreciate it, my stefans fit pretty loose in the PETG.

ooh, first writeup, complete!

Q/C/F?

#260093 Nite Finder With Hornet Tank Integration

Posted by Vishamon on 29 December 2009 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

A thumbtack or screw on the top of the blast button would keep you from completely covering the opening when firing the hornet tank and causing a misfire.

He has a thumbtack

Now, take your thumbtack and heat it up while holding it with pliers. Melt it in the button and you're good to go.
http://i339.photobuc.../NonNerf212.jpg

#259645 Berserker Fusion! Daikaiju!

Posted by Vishamon on 23 December 2009 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

Couldn't you just take a heat gun to some CPVC and bend it so it fits in the shell? This would remove the need of an elbow and cut down on the dead space.

in theory, this could work, especially since the cpvc wouldn't be operating in a pressurised capacity (ie as a tank), so you wouldn't need to worry about compromising it's integrity. However, bending pipes with heat guns is iffy at best, and bending them to the tolerances needed to both fit the shell and achieve a tight seal to the turret... well, I wouldn't try it, but you're welcome to!

EDIT: ugh, ninja'd

#169556 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Vishamon on 15 August 2008 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. You can thank Puppy-§layer for having a retarded map-breaking username.

Sweet. I have to say, using nerf darts as the custom pin marker is brilliant, and a very nice touch.

#169138 Guide To Fixing Broken Plastics

Posted by Vishamon on 14 August 2008 - 03:05 PM in General Nerf

if there is more tension on the piece, I would recommend using larger gauge wire bent into shape, rather than staples. Nice basic guide to pinning!

#169099 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Vishamon on 14 August 2008 - 02:11 PM in General Nerf

It looks like the map is not functional, but the list is looking good.
EDIT: The map is there, if you search, results display to the right, but there are no points on the map.

#169090 Michigan Nerf War

Posted by Vishamon on 14 August 2008 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

put me down as a "maybe" I think I have college welcome week stuff that day, but otherwise, I'm in.

#166281 Longshot Tactical

Posted by Vishamon on 03 August 2008 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

Nice work!
Do you have problems with the stock collapsing while you are trying to nerf? I know that this has been a problem for others, and was wondering if your stock mod included something to prevent it.

#165871 New Game: Counter-terrorist

Posted by Vishamon on 01 August 2008 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Have you actually tried out this gametype?
If not, go try it, then come back and tell us about how it went, and what you learned. To quote Vacc:
"[why don't] we try these game types out before posting them here? Otherwise this degrades into the same thing as a modification concept thread. If I have to read through 3 paragraphs of ridiculous bullshit only to find that it's not even something you've tried before I'm gonna give up on this thread imediately."

#165869 Nerf Sayings

Posted by Vishamon on 01 August 2008 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

Um hello? "NERF ON OR FUCK OFF"

Um hello?

I need a child/parent safe saying

Although, nerf on or fuck off remains my favorite.

#164085 Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Posted by Vishamon on 24 July 2008 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

I would like to play at a playground that's a 15 minute drive from me. Two awesome wooden castles facing each other that have difficult-to-cross bridges that go to either side. Throw in a "the ground is lava" rule and you have got one hell of a war.

Are you talking about Eberwhite? If so, let's make it happen!

#163361 A New, Easy, Valve

Posted by Vishamon on 19 July 2008 - 10:47 PM in Homemades

On top of it, I'm fairly certain that 3DBBQ's primary language is, in fact, Mandarin.
EDIT: In response to Lynx's edit: I'd appreciate it if Carbon would edit his post to exclude what Lynx said. I'd rather not have any problems with anyone on these forums. And yes, just to clarify, I am interested to see what genius applications of this new home made valve type come from the JSPB workshop.

#163285 A New, Easy, Valve

Posted by Vishamon on 18 July 2008 - 11:29 PM in Homemades

cooooool!!

i love ths!! great~

This bodes well. Can't wait to see what you do with this valve!

#161431 Michigan Roll Call (now With Possible Location Map)

Posted by Vishamon on 03 July 2008 - 08:58 PM in Nerf Wars

How about the 6th then?

#161261 An Intro, A Thank You, Links Etc

Posted by Vishamon on 02 July 2008 - 03:09 PM in General Nerf

Correct me if I an wrong, but it seems that your '68' is in fact a 'night-mav' variant. If so, then you are well on your way to getting a mav' with decent performance. If you search for night mav, you will find at least one topic claiming 50-60' ranges (iirc).

#160643 Awesome Office War

Posted by Vishamon on 27 June 2008 - 11:47 AM in General Nerf

That is a nice video, however, it has been already posted several times on the forums. In general, it is a good idea to use the search function before starting a new thread, unless the thread is about something you did, in which case it's safe to assume that other people haven't already started a thread about it :lol:.

#160639 Shield W/ Double Nitefinder?

Posted by Vishamon on 27 June 2008 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

-snip-
Baghead's Manta shell (modified for this use) is, of course, an excellent solution, but it requires a lot of time and materials.

I think that is generally the point, although the material cost is less than $20, the amount of time and work required is in fact (to my understanding) designed to justify the shield's use.

#160635 Shield W/ Double Nitefinder?

Posted by Vishamon on 27 June 2008 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

I would suggest building one of these scaled to fit on top of your double nf. That way you will have a legitimate chance of being allowed to use it in a war.
EDIT: I would suggest reading all of Bags' pontifications before even considering making one. He makes some compelling arguments, and if you are able to ape them effectively, it should further increase the likelyhood of you using your shield.

#160630 Nerf Vulcan

Posted by Vishamon on 27 June 2008 - 11:07 AM in Modifications

Please explain how you can have a full auto gun that requires you to pull back the plunger before each shot. How is that at all like a vulcan except for the belts and that you threw an unnessecary motor in there?

I think that he's using the plunger tube as an air tank in the fully auto design, but the diagram does not specify what kind of valve mechanism he is planning to use to control the firing. I think the plunger in his design is only used in the "manual" firing mode. I think it might be better to use an AEG like system, rather than using a plunger tube as an air tank, though.

#160579 The Nerf Crossbow.

Posted by Vishamon on 26 June 2008 - 11:31 PM in General Nerf

Actually now that I think about it I was in the same situation as you were. My grandma was garage-saling and she called me and told me that she got two crossbow looking nerf guns. I wished they was actually crossbows but I knew that it was not likely, and was most likely BBB's. So I thought, yay now I have two BBB's. But when she came to my house to drop them off they ended up being two crossbow's.

If I am to understand your improbable situation correctly, you are now, in fact, in the opposite situation of ejrassmussen.

#160493 Avatars

Posted by Vishamon on 26 June 2008 - 11:56 AM in Site Feedback

I would like to see some Smurf avatars. Between 2 and 4 of them would be good. But if there was just one in the misc section, that would still make me a happy individual.

#160401 Michigan Roll Call (now With Possible Location Map)

Posted by Vishamon on 25 June 2008 - 03:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Saturday July 5th 9:00am - 2:00pm

Ann Arbor

I can bring 5 people.

Damn, I'm going to be out of town for the fourth... as I'm sure many others will be. Perhaps the 12th would be a better choice?

#160399 Colleges That Nerf

Posted by Vishamon on 25 June 2008 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

I'm going to Puget Sound next year and they don't have a Nerf Club so I started one. I don't think it'll get too big until school starts, and even then there's only about 2200 students, but it's worth a shot.

When I visited on admitted students day, they were playing Humans vs. Zombies... for charity. Can you believe it? Anyways, that's not why I chose to go there, but it's definitely an added bonus.

Also consider location. IE if you go to, say, Stanford, I bet they don't have a Nerf Club, but you're in CA, so... you're pretty well off. Or, of course, you could go to the U of M, which doesn't have a club, but you've got me and Sam hosting 15-20+ attendee wars...

I've considered going to U of M or Penn State, but then again, I'm a Junior in High School, not the first thing on my mind.

U of M is a nice school, as long as you are talking about Michigan (the real U of M).

#159445 The Great Office War

Posted by Vishamon on 16 June 2008 - 09:09 PM in General Nerf

I never knew there were such things as office wars...

If that really happened, wouldn't every get fired?

Negative. As long as you stuck with stock/peg removed guns and don't use stefans, it isn't a problem in many workplaces. I work at a google affiliated company, and we keep nerf guns at our desks.

#159270 Barret .50 Cal Idea

Posted by Vishamon on 15 June 2008 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

The text boxes on the lower-right corner of the page have a direct link to the image as well as formatted versions of the link for HTML and BBCode.

Sooo.
Posted Image
Like this?

Edit: IT WORKS!

And for images not on an image hosting site, simply right-click on the picture and select 'copy image location' from the drop down menu. The url of the image will now be stored on your clipboard. You can either paste it into the reply box and wrap it in img tags, or hit the picture of a tree at the top of the reply box, and paste it in the resultant pop up window thing. Hope that helps.

#159268 Night Finder Grenade Pistol

Posted by Vishamon on 15 June 2008 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

I need to find some of this plastic card stuff.

You can find it in most hobby shops. Just like how FBR is called caulk saver in most of the US, USians refer to Plasticard as 'sheet styrene.'

#158761 Urban Nerf Warfare

Posted by Vishamon on 10 June 2008 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

I would also like to know that

Just searching I found This on google I found it interesting.

In spite of coming from The Enquirer, that was an interesting, and very well written. My favorite rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisable to other players.

#158755 Urban Nerf Warfare

Posted by Vishamon on 10 June 2008 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

In my town, there is a club called Dart Wars. It is teams of 4 which play another team each week. You can be shot anywhere except at school, work and religious ceremonies. You can go into stores and take someone out, or chase them down on the streets. No driveby's allowed, no breaking into homes or any of that stuff. The winning team gets a cash prize. DX knows more about it since he ran it one year (I think).

Now THAT sounds awesome.

Sounds like HvZ except not on a campus

Sounds to me more like a squad based version of assassins. I would appreciate more information on this game mode, however. For instance, how did you guys handle police relations?

#158575 Airfender & Shield

Posted by Vishamon on 09 June 2008 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

Yet another sweet creation man! I suppose this is all for show, though.

From what I've seen, in Taiwan, they allow the use of shields to block darts, making this a quite practical (and aesthetically appealing!) addition to any of the JSPB blasters.

Anyways, I can't see how you attach this. Do you use screws, clamps, couplers, what?

Bike fender things have a clamp already on them that is used to attach the fender to the bike frame. From this pic: Pic it looks like he uses it to attach the fender to his barrel, although I suppose one could attach it to any of the piping on a homemade.

#158378 A Small Nerf Related Chuckle.

Posted by Vishamon on 07 June 2008 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

iPhones and Ipod touches autocorrect nerf to nerd.

#158139 Pbpb Writeup

Posted by Vishamon on 05 June 2008 - 02:34 PM in Modifications

I dont believe that you can fie micros out of it though because you would have to cut the shell or just singly load them.

That's correct. You have to remove the rear of the shell to the clip, and pull out the stock barrels. Then you can cut cpvc to fit, and slide it into the position that the stock barrels were in. The reason that this works is that the ARs took up space at the rear of the stock barrels, this space can now be used to allow room for the end of the darts. CTDSs can fit entirely inside the clip if it is re-barreled. Actually, the micros that come with the Pbpb are a bit to fat to fit into the cpvc, so stock micros and stefans get much better ranges after the barrel replacement. if you guys want to pool together around $3 I'll be able to buy another one, and then I can do a full write up on what I'm talking about. Alternatively, if someone else wants one of these, I would mod it pro bono. I'd be willing to do the mod for the first person who pms me willing to pay the cost of the gun + shipping. Naturally, I would make a write up in this case as well.

#158078 Pbpb Writeup

Posted by Vishamon on 04 June 2008 - 10:09 PM in Modifications

Nice, I did a version of this to my Pbpb, and replaced the stock barrels with CPVC, which fits perfectly into the coupler-like bits on the inside of the clip that hold the stock barrel assembly in place. That last part is important, as the stock barrels are too short to accomidate stock micros. Good to see I wasn't the only one who bought this gun!
Edit: Also, I removed the bit at the top of the clip that prevents it coming out the bottom of the gun, as I disliked loading the clip from the top. It now loads from the bottom like a right proper gun should, and works like a dream. I'll take pictures of the part that I did differently on request.

#157828 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Vishamon on 02 June 2008 - 08:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

Instead of making PVC holders for your Stefans while you are gluing them, I recommend using the stock turret/clip from a nerf gun you have re-barreled. I use the stock barrel assembly from the clip in my Photon Blast Power Burst (I replaced the barrels inside the clip with CPVC) or whatever it's called. This holds eight blanks, and the spacing between them is perfect.

#157730 Pistol Tommy 20 Mod (no Writeup)

Posted by Vishamon on 01 June 2008 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

You probably didn't notice, but the last post in this thread was from over a month ago. The densiens of this forum generally erotically massage necroing (as its called) old topics unless it is in a stickied thread or you have a major new contribution (for example: you are the OP and have completed the mod that you started the thread to get help on). In the future, check the date on the last post (be sure to check the year too, that can trip you up sometimes, 367 days is a lot more than two) and you will be less likely to get flamed/suspended by the less lenient posters/mods (respectively).
EDIT: just saw your edit. I'm glad that you realized what you did, and that it was wrong. Editing to apologize is also a nice move.

#157723 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by Vishamon on 01 June 2008 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Play by your own rules. Make em up, switch em out.

Your in Missouri anyways, don't be excepting a APOC popping up nearby anytime soon.

lol, MI is Michigan... Which is farther than Missouri from SoCal, but much closer to NJ than either.
EDIT: to add some merit to this post, I realize that when just playing around with my friends, any rules we care to make up are legit (a stock Air XXL Bazooka's main use is parrying if you are playing stock without gun hits). However, I wanted to get some sort of citable precedent that I could refer to (or draw wisdom from) in the event that I attend a major war, or those who are accustomed to larger wars attend a more layed back one that I may host later this summer.

#157720 A Few Questions

Posted by Vishamon on 01 June 2008 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

A detail in imaseoulman's post that would be easy to miss if you weren't looking for it is where he specifies

-snip-
You're probably wondering how the pump is connected to the "Marvelous Salvo." If you're not, you should. I simply drilled a small hole in the Big Blast's air tank (on the big part between the three posts)
-snip-

I would say the hole is probably directly opposite the trigger pin, on the same side of the gap in the tank as the pump. A PM to imaseoulman may also help to clear things up. He might even have a picture he could share with you, ya never know!

#157715 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by Vishamon on 01 June 2008 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

-snip-
The Manta Ray is still the only blaster/shield out there.
-snip

What about the strongarm? This is actually the gun I had in mind when I mentioned the armor shot. While I admit that my argument about it being designed as armor suffers a significant blow due to the fact that it does not have the word 'armor' in its name...

It may happen again in the future and, in my opinion, it should be allowed as well
-snip-

Cool. While I definitely agree with this in terms of actual Nerf blasters, I myself would be unsure how a felt about some off brand shield/blaster combo. If it was made by someone like BuzzBee or Larami, I would be more inclined to accept it than just some no name piece of plastic. Do you think you could weigh in on this as well?

#157705 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by Vishamon on 01 June 2008 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I have been wondering; in most places that I have seen rules about how manta rays are the only exception to the "gun hits count" rule, the rationalization is that the gun was designed to be used as a shield. By the same token, does this mean that the armorshot (which is a complete piece of shit) and future wrist mounted blasters that are clearly designed to be armor/shields should also be considered exceptions? I am not trying to start an argument or anything, but I wanted to ask this question in a high visibility thread so that respected members of the NIC could weigh in on the topic in a (relatively) civilized manner to set some sort of precedent.