You might find this thread helpful!
- → Gears's Content
There have been 629 items by Gears (Search limited from 12-October 93)
Well done, Van. It makes me happy knowing there are people who understand the philosophy of a great HvZ blaster. As Ice Nine mentioned, I gushed heavily about this blaster with the Apoc-afterparty attendees.
I have full intentions of running this during my Fall Invitational circuit (Ball State/Purdue/YSU), and I'm probably going to run it stock (with the exception of removing the wrist brace, you're correct, it's terrible.)
At Apoc I ran a less exciting blaster for the majority of the day (pretty much only ran my 4B during choice rounds.) For the past
Apoc2016 (AKA, Dicks Up, Beers Down) was undoubtedly one of the most enjoyable Apoc events of the last few years. The roster was well balanced with vets and fresh talent alike, and I couldn't be more happy. To everyone who raised their hands when Langley asked, "...if this is your first Apoc...": Keep Nerfing.
Apoc stands as the most competitive war in the entire world.
- Reuniting with the LGLF and Sex Dwarves and Twins and Mag7 and Twinks and U3.
- The informal debut of the Sweet Juice Wizards.
- Conducting said wizardry with Zorn.
- (Big) Blasting fools with Ice9 for the first time in nearly four years.
- Frequent morale boosts from OMC.
- Chicken always being extra fabulous, and the silent shattering of my heart when he was always sniped from my early picks in 3-15.
- Mystic/Instinct dominating Team Valor during the unavoidable Pokemon Go speed round.
- Breaking Ice9's world record hit by landing a 282' shot on Groove while hidden in the foliage of the crescent and he in the woods with my breeched UMB (Unapologetically Milky Butt). I went back on Sunday and measured the exact distance by finding the exact dart I shot on the ground exactly where he was hit (thankfully it wasn't dart swept), bringing my overall confirmed kills throughout the day to 1, coming out to 476(1C, 475UC)/16/0 K/D/A.
- We Are...!
- The direct correlation between levels of getting wrecked and having a blast during Dom/Chickens Wingman rounds.
- Entering every round mentally prepared to get ruined by the Wonder Twins. (Status: Ruined.)
- Getting a chubby over Lucian's totally cool super-pump marshmallow cannon. Gimme that STL, yo!
- Continuing my legacy as the Queen of Hearts.
- Harley butt.
- Activating Jlego Mode and launching myself through the air during the final Pistols/Drac Rocket VIP round of the day, and not accidentally breaking someone's face in the process.
- Suicide Squad scenes that did not involve Harley butt.
- Elevator illustrations not involving Team Freight Elevator.
Thank you Langley and Ted for putting on the event and making the event possible. I love you guys so fucking much
I'm at work and I'm feeling emotional and this is my most favorite NerfHaven post in the entire world.
I love you guys so much.
I love this clan, and the people who are in it. It's been an incredible 14 year journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know we're scattered all over the country now, and I'm well past my nerf expiration date, but I'll keep going if you do. Thanks guys.
I'll try to keep up.
Photographic proof that Season of Foam was once a thing:
And here is a group shot from the second war Ice hosted in Springfield, PA. It was the second of nearly 20+ wars hosted at that park before eventually relocating to Smedley.
And finally, here is an action shot from my second most favorite war of last year, Beaver's summer SPANO 2015. The field was excellent, and it was the first time I got to play with some faces I hadn't seen since Cataclysm a few years ago. An excellent war with excellent Nerfers.
Come and celebrate the six month anniversary of the SCNW Club, Chicago's premiere group of superstock war-goers and enthusiasts.
This event will be a first for us, an indoor war at Laser X, located approximately thirty minutes outside Chicago, a multifloor laser tag arena where we will be free to fling foam and run exciting CQB games. Because this is a private venue, there is a price per head, which will not exceed $30. The attendance level will be what determines if the price declines, but expect to either pay $30 at the door, or Paypal ahead of time.
Who: The Southwest Chicago Suburban Nerf Wars Club
What: Indoor Laser Tag Arena, Nerf Blasters, Good Times
Where: Laser X, Addison IL
When: Sunday, September 6th, from 8am-2pm
How (much): This is a paid event. $30 a head for a six hour block on rounds.
Rules: General superstock fare. Darts will be provided courtesy of the SCSNW Club. Yes, your Vortex and Rival blasters are fair game.
I think this is going to be a fun war.
Thanks to everyone who came it was a real treat. My MVPs have to go to Chicken, Nick, and The Twins. It was a perfect war to come back from the dead to. Getting to throw down with my Gnomies and the Mongols has never been so satisfying. Looking forward to seeing everyone in their respective regions soon!