Devious's Content

There have been 136 items by Devious (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#165251 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Devious on 29 July 2008 - 07:46 PM in Nerf Wars

i'm sad to say i might not be able to attend this war now, work things have come up and me taking 3 days off for this may not fly so well

but you can bet your ass i'm going to try

#160098 The Other Nerfwiki

Posted by Devious on 23 June 2008 - 11:36 AM in General Nerf

Having actually met and Nerfed with NM and Badger and others, Nobody hates them but you, just give it up already, Childish antics on Nerfhaven will just incur The Wrath of Vacc

#159823 Summer Ohio War

Posted by Devious on 20 June 2008 - 09:42 AM in Nerf Wars

If i Didnt need to fix crap on my car, i could afford to take tomarrow off for the war

Hope everyone has a great time, if something changes though, i'll show up, it all depends on what i have for tomarrow

#159699 Summer Ohio War

Posted by Devious on 19 June 2008 - 09:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid i'll have to drop out due to work-related issues (i have to work saturday)

#158212 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by Devious on 06 June 2008 - 07:54 AM in General Nerf

The belts it has in that video look a LOT different than the Orange/Black belts we saw in the photos, so this could be an early prototype just for that expo, with shiite batteries

#158001 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Devious on 04 June 2008 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I thought they were asking about the bus routes from PA, or did i miss someone other than wask?

Meh.

#157917 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Devious on 03 June 2008 - 04:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Vacc, if anything, i'll prolly drive down the day before, stay at a hotel or something in the area, hit the war and some form of themepark, then hit the road the next day

Gives me an excuse to get familiar with jersey again :(

#157884 Nj Apocalypse #7

Posted by Devious on 03 June 2008 - 09:09 AM in Nerf Wars

7 hours and 5 minutes to drive it....

Hmm, I'll check on my money and work status the week or so before Apoc, Is there anyone that wouldnt mind me crashing out in my car in their driveway? I could easily come down the day before, crash in my car, go to the war, and go home the day after

After DCNO, i'm fucking stoked for this

#157478 Summer Ohio War

Posted by Devious on 30 May 2008 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Assuming i'm not working that day, i'll be showing up

#157263 Gcno

Posted by Devious on 28 May 2008 - 10:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Assuming theres about 10 people or so, it will be worth the drive, and i will be attending

#157079 Primary Ranges

Posted by Devious on 26 May 2008 - 06:54 PM in General Nerf

Monkey, i like the long range for those random awesome shots (Like nailing ompa from half the field away at DCNO)

But mainly, since it hits upwards of 100', the dart speed in shorter range shots is much higher, and harder to avoid, especially in the 60-70' range, once my integrations are done, it will be a mid-range beast

#157041 Primary Ranges

Posted by Devious on 26 May 2008 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

My Primary is a BBB, people who saw it at DCNO (Ompa mainly) can vouch for it hitting the 100+ mark, since the only guns getting similar ranges to me were LBB's and +bows

#157039 Bbb Shottgun?

Posted by Devious on 26 May 2008 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Your website says you are 30

Lying will not get you far on here - it will get you banned, as proven many, many times in the past

On the topic itself, personally for me i use a BBB with a replaced spring and lots of funky internal reinforcement for a primary, so i really cant say what would be most effective for you

#156999 Bbb Shottgun?

Posted by Devious on 26 May 2008 - 10:11 AM in Modifications

I'm really not sure here...but i think this guy needs a ban to the face

http://img139.images...8/byebyekl9.jpg

his "Birthday" is 1909, and based on his grammar, typing, and idiocy, he is NOT 99 years of age, the appropriate people have been PM'd

#156965 Some Stuff About The Bbb

Posted by Devious on 25 May 2008 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

If you replace ANYTHING inside the BBB, leave the extra crap on it, it adds support

The arrow idea is bad, even though it's foam, it can still be rather painful

#156941 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by Devious on 25 May 2008 - 07:40 PM in Off Topic

The Dual Enforcers from Unreal tournament, they kick so much ass

And not really a "Weapon" but the Energy fists of City of Villains Energy melee, also known as the "Pink pom-poms of doom"

#156940 Big Bad Sexy! A New Take On The Cpvc Barreled Bbb

Posted by Devious on 25 May 2008 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Check Dates Before you post

This topic is almost a year old, you may want to re-read the Board rules

#156919 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 25 May 2008 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess i'll post my highlights as well

-Kicking Ass at the first DCNO i've ever attended
-Getting CaptainSlug in the head when he didn't realize i wasn't on his team
-My BBB Not exploding the whole day
-Nailing ompa from across half the field
-10 minute standoff in the corner during the first gunslinger round
-Barrel tapping 3 people during the first Gunslinger Round

I look forward to the next one

#156905 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 25 May 2008 - 03:18 PM in Nerf Wars

-Devious's BBB; I don't know if any of you went up against that thing, but damn it shoots far.

~ompa

It's worse now, i've fixed a bit of the "It Kills ammo with no remorse" issue, so it's getting about 115' now with my CS Darts

And, i fixed the damn bow arms i have on it (Epoxy putty <3) and i'm putting no less than FOUR SMDTG's on it, 2 on each side on the arms

So now i've got 2 6-shot controllable shotgun bursts, plus the hilariously awesome main shot on it

Expect pictures soon

And yes, i WAS hitting people from anywhere between 90-110', including Ompa directly in the shoulder from half the field away

#156858 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 24 May 2008 - 10:03 PM in Nerf Wars

That...kicked...ASS...

The 10 hours of driving sucked balls, but that was the best time i've had nerfing yet

That and the Effeminate headshot on C_S

Now to find a Couple SMDTG's to stick on the sides of my BBB

#156707 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 23 May 2008 - 01:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm all finalized, and, i wont have to drive my shitcar, i'm bringing out the asskicking-ness of my Convertible

Too bad i'm leaving at ~4:30am to really enjoy it much

See you all tomarrow

#156496 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 21 May 2008 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Only 3 days til the war, 64+ Degrees and sunny, so this should kick some major ass

#156472 Dart Sizes

Posted by Devious on 21 May 2008 - 11:15 AM in General Nerf

I use micros, and as of late i've been using CapainSlug-style micros, they work a lot better in most of my guns

#156425 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 20 May 2008 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Ompa, i've got a 1500 and maxshot as backups, CPVC'ed maxshot, brassed 1500

Believe me, you have plenty of choices if your LS isnt going

And i can preach the awesomeness of slug-style darts, i made a batch of them and holy crap, i love them

#156379 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun. Version 2

Posted by Devious on 20 May 2008 - 01:07 AM in General Nerf

Oh, I thought it was a bush blowing in the wind. :D Correct me if I'm wrong, but was'nt the pulsator a type of push-pull gun that fired ballistic balls? Or was there a spring involved? But if you saw the original review of this, Devious, F_A24 said that there was a plunger, and a spring. The plunger in this blaster is similar to a maverick, only even crappier.

I know it's a plunger gun, the pulsator is a 3 foot long double barrel push-pull ballgun with zero accuracy and almost no range, i have one for shits & Giggles, but it's basically just to annoy people

This looks to be it's spring-powered partner-in-crime, just shittier

#156355 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 19 May 2008 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I am confirmed as a definite YES, assuming my car doesnt die, I will be there about noon or so unless i leave at about 4am, which just isnt happening

I'm bringing my BBB and BBC, most likely my LnL and Disk shot, and my 1500 and maxshot Just in case something snaps on me again on the BBC, trigger is kinda hateful

#156308 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 19 May 2008 - 05:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, my shits&giggles car is in relative working order, and I finished my primary, so i'm about a 90% yes at the moment

Considering the 5-6 hour drive, however, I may be there between rounds if I get there at all, most likely around noon or so assuming I survive the drive there

Count me as a yes

Edit for groove, was typing fast

#156266 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun. Version 2

Posted by Devious on 19 May 2008 - 01:28 PM in General Nerf

After he golfs it, before he goes running off, theres a small dog to the left

But yeah, this gun looks to be a dart-firing version of the pulsator, just suckier

#156204 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by Devious on 18 May 2008 - 07:54 PM in Off Topic

Lets see here...

One Must Fall 2197 and One must Fall: Battlegrounds (this game still kicks the ass of everything)

Command and conquer series, excluding the suck-fest of generals

City of heroes/City of villains (4 years old, still better than any MMO)

Outright Favorite of them all? Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and City of villains

#155808 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 14 May 2008 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, this may end up a no-go for me, not sure if i want to trust my piece of shit to a 12-hour drivefest (there and back)

if i can get it working more reliably, i'll be there, most likely trailed by a wall of black smoke, and pissed of pedestrians

#155806 Summer Ohio War

Posted by Devious on 14 May 2008 - 04:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, since it looks like my 91 Piece of shit doesnt look like it will hold up to go to DCNO, i WILL be showing for this war, 6/21 works, and either location works as well, the further north the better

#154522 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 04 May 2008 - 02:29 AM in Nerf Wars

We usually dont "Rent" anything, We take it over like the Spanish Inquisition

And nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

#154196 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

No, i'm putting a pair of maxshots on the sides of the gun with some internal reinforcement inverted, so that when the cocking lever is up, you can use them as a Bipod, with the levers down, you can fire them with a pair of pull-ring triggers i'm rigging up

The LS itself is Getting a second spring (3B), a Cpvc/PETG Barrel (Similar to my prior brassed one), and the top of the front gun is used as a barrel support because if i want to be REALLY absurd i'll put the 4 still-working tanks from my hornet on it in the open spaces on the front gun sides and put the pump on the top of the front gun

If you did the math, thats 13 shots between 60 and 90 feet, and would probably weigh around 12 pounds

The bar has just been lowered!

#154168 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

I only removed the bipod legs on mine and left the hole there, the hole is being used to hold a dowel rod through a piece of poly that i'm using as the bracket to hold the MS's on, triggers will be a pain, but i'll live, i've used far clunkier triggers and setups

as for this mod, the best idea is probably a minor inverted angle or heavy minimalizing, depends on your style

#154161 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

The LS really seems to be turning into the CB when it comes to integrations.

It's almost better, the size of the gun and dead space in it makes it VERY integration-friendly

EG: My "Maxshot Bipod" i'm working on utilizes the length of the normal gun + the front gun as a way to integrate 2 more long-range shots onto it, and then i still have the rail and such to muck with, soon as i figure this new cam out i'll work on a write-up

#154127 Summer Dcno

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 02:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe

22 days to finish my car, new primary, plan out, and make a plethora of darts

Looks like TLIB Might have to come back from the dead if i can get out for this

QEdit: Only about 6 hours drive time each way, should be good for me if i get the crap for my car in the next couple days

Edit: the Bitches are back, now to see if my Piece of crap car will survive the drive there and back

AAANnnnd...since i dont plan on hoteling it, i may pop up between rounds at noon/1pm seeing that it's a 5-6 hour drive

#154124 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 02:12 PM in Modifications

I meant to the sides of it with the trigger grips previous location angled in

With some crafty finesse, you could make a version of the "Shotgun Pump" mod using the front gun slider and some Plastic sheeting

So instead of adding a pump, you use the existing one, and the NF's would cock up by the jam clearing door

Would look something like: \\[:]// from the front, kinda wide but intimidating when you're facing it

Really all depends on how much you want to minimise the NF's

#154120 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 01:38 PM in Modifications

When you put the front gun on, you'll have a flat expanse there

So you can put the NF's there with some cut Cpvc and epoxy, and run the triggers near the main LS one

Would work fairly well since you have the cocking rods Cut down

*edit* would work best if you have the front gun cut down, i'll assume you do

#154114 Other Hobbies Aside From Nerfing?

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 01:01 PM in Off Topic

-Collecting random weapons, including knives, swords, guns (soon), etc.

~ompa

on that note...i have an "Urban" light broadsword, a rather crap flea-market katana i practice with, and a replica of Frostmourne From Warcraft 3 on the way

#154113 Cutting Off The Longshot Bipod...

Posted by Devious on 01 May 2008 - 12:57 PM in Modifications

If you mount them on whats left of the bipod using the slide-rails instead of cutting the bipod piece off, it would work better IMO

My own longshot tempts me with far more..."Devious" things, i've got a couple maxshots laying around with the handle pieces cracked, so i'm tempted to do something like you are with NFs with a pair of Maxshots

Considering my main gun and front gun are both rebarreled and they dont come apart, i could just play off the reinforcing i already did to mount them to the sides and rig up a couple Keychain triggers or something to them

2 100' shots, 6 90' shots, and a 50' shot, all without reloading *pondering*....

I'll be back later to see how you get along :huh: