Knud-Hansen's Content

There have been 51 items by Knud-Hansen (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#250560 College Teams!

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 15 September 2009 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Goucher College in Towson,MD is looking for a CTF opponent. We had UPitt come last year and had a lot of fun and got to have a hell of a day. I head the organization for Goucher's team and it's my goal to get a game against another college once a semester. No limit on people, the more people you can bring the better. On request i can throw up pics of the playing field, its on a hill in a old equestrian field in the woods. We play at 2:00 on every other Saturday. So what do ya say?

#242480 Different Singled Longshot

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 17 July 2009 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

Thank you for completely wasting my time. If you had pictures worth looking at, then you would have put them up already. Your use of the English language is embarrassing. I have no sympathy or tolerance for you, or frankly, any of your work.

#241850 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 13 July 2009 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

Something I threw together. It is obvious where the inspiration came from, but I did my own design which is to complicated to make a write up for. However, it is very likely that I will be selling this, so keep your eyes peeled for a sale thread.

Photobucket is failing on me, so I apologize for having to post a link.

http://i354.photobuc...01/Photo232.jpg

#238493 Nerfing Colleges

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 25 June 2009 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

Goucher College has a huge nerf scene. It is also the birth place of HvZ and on Saturdays we play CTF in an awesome field that we get to ourselves. I am in charge in organizing the CTF games in case you have any questions. Last Fall UPitt came out and actually played us. The games are very protected by our president. There is my 2 cents.

#237158 My New Ls Mod

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 18 June 2009 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

I want to see Chubbs and this thing duke it out

#235377 A Monstrosity (recoblast 2.0)

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 10 June 2009 - 12:30 AM in Modifications

its cool that its still clip fed, however that shoulder stock does not look comfortable at all to hold while having your hand on the handle. It also looks as if the recon trigger does not fire the bbbb, which would have been cleaner in my opinion as opposed to the original trigger. All in all, cool idea, but some things could have been done differently to make it over all more comfortable.

#235272 The Gemini

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 09 June 2009 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

This is fantastic! I can see why you would have to tweak it in order to get the proper results, but I'd say its well worth it. Should I ever get a hold of two switch shots I will definetly do this. Good job.

#220151 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 27 March 2009 - 12:49 PM in General Nerf

For shits and giggles, my friend put a breach on his paintball gun, and during a game of CTF he shot me from about 35 feet away. Not only did he break the skin on my arm, but I have had a scar ever since. Kinda badass though.

#206978 2 Super Clips

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 27 January 2009 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

Aside from the darts being squished, having a quadruple clip would look awkward and be more prone to break since it would be so far from the actual gun. If you are really set on assembling 4 clips then try making 2 double clips then attach them to make one big banana clip. I wouldn't do that, but it is a possibility.

#206864 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 27 January 2009 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

Nice work! I really like how you now load it like an actual auto shotgun. If i ever get a hold of a PAS I will certainly be looking over this mod again.

#199134 My School Has A Nerf Team

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 27 December 2008 - 02:35 AM in General Nerf

I sort of did something similar. I am the head of Goucher College's nerf games (not including HvZ, other people take care of that). On Saturdays we gather in the woods and play for hours upon hours, a whole lot of fun.

We actually were challenged by Upitt last semester, and they drove 6 hours to play us. It was about 70 people and could not have been more Effeminate.

So yes, whether you are in high school or college, BE ACTIVE!

#198857 Ls Stock As A Holster?

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 25 December 2008 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

I am pretty sure i understand what you are suggesting, and I can see see how it would work, but why would you need a holster for your primary weapon? The LS only needs a strap so you can let it hang as you reach for your secondary.

#198579 Turreted Nitefinder

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 24 December 2008 - 01:56 AM in Modifications

Very clean. I really like how you did this mod. I have also seen a lot of turreted nitefinders, but this is way easier on the eyes not to mention, your elimination of the dead space makes this very practical comparing to previous mods. Good job.

#188965 Maverick Air Powered Rifle

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 11 November 2008 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

Yes, I am aware its no super model. The scope used to belong to my younger brother who plays airsoft, so its off of some cheap airsoft gun. Sorry I don't know much more then that.

There are no screws running through those posts but there are female parts that fit over those posts, which keeps them from bending and breaking. I use this thing practically every Saturday for CTF at my school and have had no problems with it. The bi-pod is, for the most part, cosmetic. It is nice to have a way to stand it up though when I'm not using it. I have never used it to steady my shot though, and don't see my self ever needing too.

I used this trigger system, mainly to try something new and just see what would happen. It is more complicated then it needs to be, but it has a nice pull and would be easy to fix/replace in the event that it breaks. Not to mention it was able to help out Daecu with his project.

#188738 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 10 November 2008 - 12:38 PM in Off Topic

Deliverance by Opeth

#175650 Hvz

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 07 September 2008 - 12:52 PM in General Nerf

I play Hvz and I have to say that you really want a clip fed gun. The recon is good because you can break it down and fit it in your bag for when you go to class since game play is not allowed in academic buildings. I also recomend the maverick as a side arm, not the best range but once you mod it its a great HvZ gun because of its RoF.

RoF is more important then range in zombies, best advise i can give you.

#175225 Maverick Air Powered Rifle

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 05 September 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Appreciate the feedback! Yes i could not agree with you all more, it is indeed messy and there will be a lot of cleaning and some kind of paint job on the way. Being in school and all makes that a little more difficult to get around to. I just got excited when I finished it and had to put it up.

Splitlip: I put in 2 pumps per shot. I could get away with 3 but I have already torn up a tank by over pumping, and I want this to last.

I do realize that there is no actual pulley involved in the trigger mech, but I did not think it was necessary to put one in when I could just weave the string in and out of the pegs already in the maverick shell. The string from the doubleshot is really strong stuff and is used to that kind of friction so I have no worries of it breaking anytime soon, if it does then its easy to fix.

#175132 Maverick Air Powered Rifle

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 05 September 2008 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

This is my first real contribution to the haven, and I'm hoping its directory worthy. Any who, I will do my best for a write up but this is really loose ended and can be used with different parts then what I had. I will start off with a list of materials used:

Maverick frame and trigger
Sm3k pump
At3k air tank
Ls bi-pod

barrel materials:
18 inch 3/4 cpvc
brass breeched
1inch pvc "silencer"

other materials:
epoxy putty
hot glue
goop
strong string (used string from double shot)

Tools:
a really good dremel with sander and disc bits

I bring you.. my beauty

http://i354.photobuc...01/IMG_1593.jpg

Posted Image

The pump is guided by the barrel, using a pvc T coupler (i think it was the 1inch size) and is lined by felt to make pumping smooth.

Posted Image

you can see that the base of the pump is securely fastened to the middle of the maverick, as opposed to the bottom which runs the slight risk of the pump breaking off the gun from pushing to hard. Also, the breech is visible. Its nothing fancy, just cut a hole in some 17/32 brass and put a short piece of 9/16 brass over that, as a cover. Epoxy a Short nail to that and there you are.

Posted Image

Here, we have 6 ammo holders made of 1/2 cpvc. These are attached to the stock, which is a combination of 3/4 cpvc and couplers that are glued in, using a variety of adhesives.

Posted Image

A shot of the Ls bi-pod folded up. It works amazing well for this gun and serves a much greater purpose then what it did on the longshot its self.

Posted Image

You can see where the At3k tank's valve comes out of the maverick here, its the little orange piece that the hose attaches to.

Posted Image

A quick shot to show the pump extended. This was by accident, but the "silencer" stops the pump from coming all the way out, yet still get a full pump of air in.

Posted Image

The reason I used 3/4 cpvc to house my brass barrel is because of how perfectly the cpvc fits into that orange barrel piece on the maverick, which does an excellent job of keeping my barrel straight and secure.

Posted Image

Yes, I opened it back up just for you all! the trigger system was inspired by my dad actually, because he was talking about pulley systems, and that sounded a lot more simple then some other ideas i had going through my head.

I carved a divot for the string to sit in on the trigger and knotted it outside of a small hole i drilled in the bottom of the trigger. The string then goes around 2 pegs that are already in the maverick and ties onto the air tank pin. You have to make sure that the string you use DOES NOT STRETCH at all or it won't work because of the air pressure. It is also important to make string very taught and put in a strong combination of knots on the pin. I slipped a small spring between the knot and plastic piece on the pin, and then hot glued it to make it stiff, which helps (kind of like the pic pen mod). To make sure the pin returns to its original position after firing, I threw a rubber band on there to push it back, the picture says enough for that part.

Posted Image

just a closer look at the internals for ya.

Alright and there you have it. I started this project at the beginning of summer and literally finished it yesterday. It was completed earlier but I had used the Sm3k air tank and that eventually exploded and set me back, until I bough a At3k off of badger.

No official ranges yet but I can easily say I can hit 100 flat by shooting it down my dorm hallway, but I will try to get those to you soon.

Compliments? Flames? Comments at all really. I hope you all enjoy!!

OH and if you play Goucher CTF, you better watch out. You have been warned mwahahhaa

#173800 What Gun For Primary?

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 30 August 2008 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

I say just go to town on that longshot. do the basic mods, slap a good spring in there, and if your up to it do a foregrip mod to it. You will get an awesome ROF and get a some distance at the same time.

You will get way more distance out of a singled Titan, but those are only good for losing, and thats even if the nerf war allows you to use it. Its not a good primary mainly because of how long it takes to prime and the fact that you have to load each dart.

#173771 Lotr Crossbow

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 30 August 2008 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

I don't understand how you followed my mod.
In my modification the barrel was in the original barrel.
You have a coupler? Is that coupler there just to guide an incredibly long barrel or is there a shit ton of dead space behind your coupler?

By the way, Nice vascularity.

I haven't posted that many write ups because I have been very busy lately.
The modifications continue, the write ups have just slowed down.
I'll catch up on them sooner or later.

Yea that was a slight difference, I do have cpvc going down the whole length of the bow like what you did, but i failed to put in that piece of wire on the back of it to keep the darts from going into the plunger tube, so now i just put barrels on it, which seemed to have given me similar results as to yours. I did not realize how much that plunger tube sucks down the dart.

Thanks a lot everyone for the compliments!

#173704 Lotr Crossbow

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 30 August 2008 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Alright, this is not really anything to put in the directory, but worth throwing out there for anyone who is interested in this gun. This gun really isn't anything special stock, like most guns, however it has a huge plunger tube and plenty of room for whatever kind of barrel replacement you choose. I am a fan of cpvc, mainly because of how cheap and durable it is, so as you can see I simply used that.

Posted Image

I used FA24's write up to guide me through the barrel replacement, AR removal, and increasing the seal of the O-ring.

What I did differently however, is keep the actual bow parts on, so I had more options for bungee placement. I also left them on just for show, a much more intimidating look. As you can see, there are 3 cpvc ammo holders on each arm, gorilla glued on, and not going anywhere. Instead of bungees I managed to find different grades of elastic tubing. The red tubing is pretty strong stuff and the green tubing is a little weaker. originally the stronger tubing was on the arms but it kept tearing them off, so i gorilla glued those on and went with the weaker tubing on the arms. the ruber bands are also helping keep the arms together, so if the glue does break, hopefully I won't get hit in the face with the arms.

Posted Image

I can't find FBR around where I live so I wrap e-tape around the holes on streamlines for my high power guns, which works really well.

Ranges: Flat
95ft
97ft
98ft
121ft (might have something to do with the amount of etape on dart, investigating now)

Conditions: rounded to nearest foot, slight breeze blowing from the side, done on grass so the darts did not bounce, I used a tape measure to make 4 25ft increments, I left the tape measure on the ground to measure from 100ft-125ft.

Feel free to ask questions, criticize, compliment, whatever you feel is needed.

Oh and I've been having trouble with photobucket so let me know if the pics don't work out, I will do what I can.

#173655 Nitefinder Custom

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 30 August 2008 - 11:51 AM in Modifications

That looks sick, just need to do a little bit of clean up on it but thats an awesome barrel for the nf. Kinda looks like a WWII Lugar.

#171614 Which Gun?

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 22 August 2008 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

I would say to get an At2k in there. once you plug the pump and replace barrels you will have some great range with a decent ROF.

#171458 Lock N Load Question

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 21 August 2008 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

i recently did that to my lnl. i put the hole at the tip of the point on the rod, but it was through the thinner part of plastic, not the thick ridges. I hope that makes sense, tell me if it doesnt.

#169389 Longshot Mag Combination

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 15 August 2008 - 10:04 AM in Modifications

wuts the follower thats slugs is talking about..all i did was cut the 2 mags in half..do u have to do anything to the thing thats pushes the dart up..nd the thing that pushes the dart up wont go all the way down..and wen it does...in wont go back up..help me :lol:

I know that you just got crap for this in another thread, but seriously, read the code of conduct and do not reply to a thread that is over a year old. if you have questions pm the creator of the thread.

#167181 Nite Finder Issues

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 07 August 2008 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

yea that sounds just about right to me, just having the AR removed. Slap a stronger spring in there and another O-ring and you will see improvements

#167014 Whats So Good About The Bbb?

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 07 August 2008 - 12:04 AM in General Nerf

if you go to the modification directory and look up the BBB and just glance over some of the mods, you can get an idea of its potential. I do not own one myself but I can appreciate their potential

#167013 Cpvc Turreted Nite Finder

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 07 August 2008 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

I like it, simple yet effective and still room for cleaning and customizing. good mod rork

#166994 Nerf Elimination Game

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 06 August 2008 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

my HvZ squad has 4 members so we are gonna each pitch in 5 bucks, mod them up, then give a custom paint job so we will have official squad guns. More for symbolical reasons then actual performance reasons

#166436 Longshot Clip Mod "upside Down"

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 04 August 2008 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

running around with an upside down ls doesnt sound very practical. In terms of the dart feeding idea, I think it would work if you were continually putting in fresh darts as you fired, but if you had an empty clip and you dropped a dart in there, there is a good chance of that dart flipping or landing in the breech at a wrong angle and jamming your gun.

all in all I would consider it a waste of magazines, more sense in making a double clip

#166218 Longshot Tactical

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 03 August 2008 - 05:13 PM in Modifications

very clean and professional looking, props dude. I especially liked the double magazine system, I may try that for myself

#165801 Nerf Sayings

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 01 August 2008 - 10:55 AM in General Nerf

300+Nerf= "Our foam will blot out the sun!"

#165178 Imperial Laspistol

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 29 July 2008 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

very nice, the warhammer theme works really well for this. In terms of what is missing, I would recommend putting on some "battle scars" using the dry brush technique, that may help you out. all in all great nf

#164335 The Dark Knight

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 24 July 2008 - 11:57 PM in Off Topic

The pencil disappearing trick was pretty fucking sweet too haha

#164034 Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 23 July 2008 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

the white house, just to say I did haha

#163943 Bfg

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 23 July 2008 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

haha awesome! not gonna lie though, if that was pointed at me during a war all I would be able to do before i got hit, was raise an eyebrow

#163750 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 22 July 2008 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Bomberman, i'm with ya on this one. but it is his gun and we did not spend the money on it so i guess we can't be too harsh. However, G-force: since there is after all an 8 page topic on this gun that has been building up lately, getting the stock information down might have resulted in less angry people

#163593 Whats The Point?

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 21 July 2008 - 05:27 PM in General Nerf

as much as i hate to say this, nerf guns are "meant" for kids and the idea of a large rocket launcher type of gun would catch a lot of attention, however once we take that toy and turn it into a deadly foam firing weapon its much more useful. and in terms of the titan, it has a huge air tank which can give you some major distance when you put a dart in there.

#163564 Nerf Products Discount Code:

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 21 July 2008 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

thats awesome! i don't mean to shoot you down or anything, but some of those guns (e.g. ls and recon) look like they have another 10 bucks put on the price tag.

#163495 Longshot Drum Magazine

Posted by Knud-Hansen on 20 July 2008 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

I think your going in a good direction. maybe its not very useful, but most crappy ideas are put out there for other people to capitalize on, and who knows maybe someone will be able to find inspiration from this and make it work. modding really is a trial and error thing