kickass jb's Content

There have been 140 items by kickass jb (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#71678 Possible Nerf Grenade

Posted by kickass jb on 25 January 2006 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Plus, it looks like the inner PVC tube is isolating the CO2 from the stefans?

#62327 My Finished Maverick

Posted by kickass jb on 21 August 2005 - 10:28 AM in Modifications

how did you do the black paint

what type of paint is it

How about you read the entire thread before you post? BOTH of those questions were already answered

#61219 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 05 August 2005 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Well Ronster what I did was remove the nozzle completly and goop a CPVC coupler directly onto the valve. It wasn't a perfect fit with the case but I just used hot glue around it all so it wouldn't wabble. And yes, for the purposes of gooping the vinyl tubing onto the pump and the valve it is the same as the shotgun mod. (glad to see some people actually appreciating and using my contributions)

#60939 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 02 August 2005 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Ronster, my best guess would be the first one (the one on the left). Just try to figure out where the air is exiting the pump (to fill the chamber) and chop just after that. Lastmanalive, adding the pvc for an air chamber would make the gun require many more pumps for the same range (with that much more air, the dart with have already left the barrel), so it would negate the whole purpose of the mod.

#60805 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 01 August 2005 - 02:54 PM in Modifications

It MUST be plumbers goop. I tried it first with hot glue to save some money and it leaked on the first try.

#60797 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 01 August 2005 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

My tubing was 1/4" ID, basically the closest I could find to the AT2K (just had thicker walls). More or less, you want a tubing that will into the stock piping. It's okay if it's a little loose, you can always goop it up.

#60756 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

Okay good, it's a pin valve. Are those tubes you drew actual vinyl tubes or are they hard, rigid plastic pipes (like pvc almost)?

Very quick, but this is basically what you want to do. Green is all the stuff you don't need, you can always glue it onto the shell after for looks or what not. The blue is the vinyl tubing (your air tank). The tube should come from where the air is exiting the pump and if the original was piping not tube then just cut at the redline (or just somewhere close to the valve) and stick the other end of the tube in there and goop it up. If it was tubing, just rip the tubing from the valve and glue your new tubing there. Hope this helps enough.

Posted Image

#60749 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

Kickass_jb, if you look at the picture you can see what the sphere thingy is and where it is located on the gun. Is this used for compressing air or something?

That's the pressure chamber. Cutting that out would be dumb - instead simply remove the water reservoir (it's held in by screws and an O-ring).

I recommend a homemade Nerf dart gun over any Super Soaker modified to shoot Nerf darts also. :P

Think about it, if you had that large of an airtank, it would take too many pumps to prime thus losing the whole point of the mod. The only "tank" there should be is a piece of vinyl tubing long enough to connect the pump to the valve. Call it stupid but I got 80ft on 2 pumps and 120ft on 5 pumps

#60727 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Is it front of, behind, or part of valve?I assume there is a tube from the pump to the water tank, then a tube from that to the sphere then a tube from the sphere to the vavle?

#60694 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 01:12 AM in General Nerf

Here's a list of everything in my arsenal, all guns are stock:

Airtech 1000 x3
Airtech 2000 x3
Airtech 3000 x2
Airtech 4000 x2
Airtech Ball Blaster x2
ArmorShot x2
Arrow Strike
ArrowStorm x2
Atomizer x2
AutoGrip
Backlash
BallBlaster
Ballzooka x2
Big Bad Bow x2
Blast-A-Ball
Blast-A-Matic
Blast Fire | DX500 x2
Blast Hammer
Bow 'n' Arrow x2
Bungee Blaster
Chainblazer
CommLink II
Coral Viper x2
Crossbow x2
Crossbow (NIB) x2
Cyclotron x2
Dart Tag Blasters
Defender T3
Detonator x2
Double Crossbow x2
Eagle Eye x5
Electric Eel x3
Expand-A-Blast x3
FastBlast x2
Gator x3
Gyro Strike x3
Hidden Shot x2
Hornet AS-6
Hydro Bazooka
Iron Raptor x2
Laser Fang x2
Lightnin' Blitz x2
Lock 'n' Load x2
Mad Hornet x2
Manta Ray
Master Blaster
Maverick REV-6
Missile Launcher
Misslestorm x2
Mono Blast
Motorized Ballzooka | MP150 x3
Motorized Disk Launcher x2
NB-1 Missle Blaster x3
Nite Finder x2
Nite Finder EX-3
NitroQuad
Perceptor
PowerClip x2
Pulsator x3
Quickstrike
Ramrod
Range Shot x3
Rapid Fire 20 x3
Ratchet Blast x3
Rattler x2
Razorbeast (Razorback) x2
Razor Fin x2
Reactor x2
RipChord x2
Ripsaw x2
Rocketstorm
RotoTrack x2
Sawtooth x2
Scout IX-3
Secret Shot x4
Secret Shot II x2
Secret Strike Pocket Blasters x7
Sharpshooter x3
Sharpshooter II x3
Slingshot x2
Slingfire
SneakShot x2
SplitFire
Stinger
Stinging Scarab x3
Strongarm x3
SuperMaxx 250 x2
SuperMaxx 350 x3
SuperMaxx 500
SuperMaxx 750 x3
SuperMaxx 750 (New Style) x2
SuperMaxx 1000
SuperMaxx 1500 x2
SuperMaxx 1500 (New Style) x3
SuperMaxx 3000 (Green) x3
SuperMaxx 3000 (New Style) x2
SuperMaxx 3000 (Yellow) x2
SuperMaxx 5000
SuperMaxx Buzzer Air Bazooka
Switchfire (1994 Ed.)
Switchfire (1996 Ed.) x2
Switch Shots Max
Switch Shots Super x2
Switch Shots Ultra x2
Tech Target Blaster x2
Titan AS-V.I
Triple Strike x2
Triple Torch
Venom Shot
Warthog
Whipshot
Whiptail Scorpion
WildFire x3
Wrist Blitzer x2
Zap Snaps

Vortex Fast Fire
Vortex FireStorm x2
Vortex Power Strike
Vortex Spin Sight
Vortex Tornado
Vortex Tornado X/2 x3
Vortex Viper Shot x2

I hate you...udderly.

#60692 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by kickass jb on 31 July 2005 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

Can you get me a pic of the internals, might better to help you with the sphere thingy. Also, does it have a pin-valve or ball-valve? Ball-valve I wouldn't know how to mod but a pin-valve is easy. Just chop everything off from the valve till it looks like one from an AT2K, then rip off the tubing that leads to the water tank and the one leading from the pump, replace both to bypass water tank and Voila! My tube was about 9" long and since my pump was so big it worked wonders. Post here or PM me if you need any help.

#60577 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by kickass jb on 29 July 2005 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

Seems kind of sketchy but might as well give it a shot.

Here's what I have:

RF20 (pegs removed)
Big Salvo (PETG modded)
Rottotrack (CPVC modded)
SSII (CPVC modded)
4x AT2K (1 CPVC modded, 1 shotgun modded, 2 stock)
PC (clip modded)
Rangeshot (CPVC modded)
SS1 (Tri - barreled)
2x NF (1 CPVC modded one stock)
2x Tek 6 (CPVC modded)
3 x AT3K (1 stock, 1 PETG modded, 1 CPVC modded)
SM1500 (CPVC modded)
2x BBB (CPVC breech)
2x Mav (1 stock 1 CPVC modded)
2x SM3000 (stock)
2x EaB ( interchangable CPVC/PVC modded)
Eagle Eye (stock)
2x SSPB (air tank and CPVC modded)

That about does it.

#60536 New To Nerf, Rf 20 Query!

Posted by kickass jb on 29 July 2005 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

On the topic of connections, has anyone heard of this new epoxy putting that you work with in your hands and then apply, it is supposed to harden like steel in minutes but I've never tried it.

#59852 Rubber Bands And Ranges (or Other Stretchy Things)

Posted by kickass jb on 21 July 2005 - 11:39 PM in General Nerf

I have to disagree. Personally, I'm a big fan of spring and tank replacement because it gives my gun a buff up, like steroids (haha, I use it as a positive expression). They allow me to give my gun the extra power it needs or that I desire. HOWEVER.... I am totally against banding because (even though I do love the increase in power), I've had bad experiences where I banded wrong and the "cocker" became all twisted and warped. Also, I find that when I am running around with a banded gun in my pocket or in my hands, the bands tend to get stuck on things and create a nuissance and I'd rather have that faster draw and shoot over a slight increase in range. Culminating point - I am all for increasing my gun's power but only on the inside.

#59691 Mystery Gun!

Posted by kickass jb on 19 July 2005 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Its the pistol from the Defender T3

#59596 New Member-saying Hello

Posted by kickass jb on 18 July 2005 - 03:31 PM in General Nerf

Surely, ONE of your clan members must have a digicam or even a cam they've used during your 35 man wars and surely someone in your clan has a scanner.
I mean come on man, if I had a 35 man clan with 6 FARS in it, I'd be doing everything in my power to be showing that shit off.

#59417 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by kickass jb on 15 July 2005 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Before I Forget - Slipknot ( a little heavy, but its energetic)

Let the bodies hit the floor - Drowning pool ( again a little heavy)

Water wings - Alexis On Fire (fast paced)

Step up - Drowning pool

Not falling - Mudvayne

Liberate - Disturbed (vulgarity)

The Game - Disturbed

Scotty doesn't know - Lustra (as an opener or what not)

Line and Sinker - Billy talent

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

Breaking the Habit - Linkin Park

Matrix theme - Powerman 5000

Get Loose - The Salads

Way Away - Yellow Card

Natural Life - Breaking Benjamins

Cigaro - System of a Down

Payback - Flaw

Mortal Combat Techno Theme - Jock Jams ( seriously, its got the beat)

Headstrong - Trapt

- They all aren't perfect, but I watched the old video with these songs and they seemed pretty well suited. Just tossing ideas out.

#59409 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by kickass jb on 15 July 2005 - 05:07 PM in Homemades

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I figured it'd be better than making a new thread and linking it to this to explain. But for any new readers or people who might have thought about it, has anyone/can anyone come up with an idea similar to uncle hammer's that I can use? I've been thinking about it for a while but every method either is WAY to complex that I can't even explain it to myself, no seal, or just won't function. Any forward ideas is a big help.

**edit** even links to yours or real ones for actual shotguns that is clear enough to work from would be greatly appreciated.

#58843 When I Pump, Air Comes Out Of The Barrel.

Posted by kickass jb on 07 July 2005 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

Yea I had those problems on both my AT3K's in the twinpack. I didn't mod them or anything. First time I tried them out out of the box they both skipped and air leaked.

#58349 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 27 June 2005 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

That is really awesome! I have a cheap dollar store SS type gun, but I never thought to put in 2k internals. Really good job! 80 feet on two pumps is amazing. Good job.

It isn't 2K internals, its the actual gun.

#58313 Help Me Win A Skateboard

Posted by kickass jb on 27 June 2005 - 12:03 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Haha, nicely done.

#58303 Nf Spring Excahnge?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

So nothing a couple of bands can't fix, and one more o-ring on the plungerhead. But while all you guys are complaining about the new nf's suckage, I'm pretty sure it's all the same internals so maybe it's just your gun.

It's the same internals, minus the spring, which is weaker. If it was just my gun, why would everyone else be having the same problems as well. I know bands would help but I despise them. I prefer the cleaner look where its all on the inside (if I can help it), I don't like things getting caught or snagged or snapped.

#58300 Nf Spring Excahnge?

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

I wouldn't, The nf is good as it is a pistol. Mod it right and it'll be all you need as a sidearm, the last thing it needs is a spring replacement.

On the new EX-3, the springs suck ass.

#58282 Pulsator 4000

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 08:07 PM in Modifications

Very nice and clean. Two questions though, those tanks look awfully long, how many pumps does it take to prime? Also, the triggers are a good set up and nice idea but are they easy to pull? By easy I don't mean little resistance I mean like efficient and comfortable, looks like you would have to let go of the front handle and the accuracy might be thrown off. Overall, well done indeed.

#58264 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

I don't know about all of them, but the multi-nozzle ones I have have the split AFTER the valve, so if your like that you can just rip out the split thing and use just the valve.

#58248 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

Did that shoot water out of 3 nozels?

Posted Image

No, it was the one that was able to switch between a steady stream, and "pulses" of water. But the gun itself doesn't really matter, as long as you have one with a pump and a (non-ball) valve.

#58241 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 26 June 2005 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Pictures are up. By the way, it's called the "Pulse Fire", but I named mine the Longshot

Didn't have any before pictures

This is what was between the pump and the valve which I ripped out. you can see where the water tank would have screwed on.
Posted Image

Same piece but the thing on the top left is where I broke it off from the valve.
Posted Image

Heres what the tank looks like when it's replaced.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Close up of the valve.
Posted Image

The valve in the gun ( I used glue as a bic pen mod to make the trigger easier to pull).
Posted Image

Everything in the gun.
Posted Image

The gun all closed up.
Posted Image

Oh and the barrel is about 11" long. I cut it down from 18" and I didn't see the need to cut it down more. It's a mix of range, accuracy, and...."practility" (don't know the word for it). Any, like I said just open up most any gun (that doesn't have a ball valve), and ripped everything apart and replace it like mine. Kudos.

#58185 Water Guns

Posted by kickass jb on 25 June 2005 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

I was using my brother's super soaker turned nerf gun gun and I wanted one myself. I took an old one of mine that's water tank was lost and opened it up and saw that it had the same internals as an AT except that the tubing went to the bottle which held the water. So I ripped off all the tubing and replaced it with about 9" of vinyl tubing (enough so the pump and valve could stay comfortably in place in the gun). I gooped the tube on, and gooped a cpvc coulpler on the end of the valve and presto! I took it out to test it and with two pumps it got about 80 ft and with 5 it got about 110-120 ft but was kind of unaccurate after 110. Still, a 2 pump 80 ft gun that's more comfortable than a AT2K. I suppose this metod of the tank replacement can but used on most super soakers because they all function relatively the same. Pictures should be up tonight. Oh and not anytime soon, but I was thinking on int. two AT2K in it, I think it'd work even better.

#58184 Diferent Kinds Of Blowguns

Posted by kickass jb on 25 June 2005 - 12:41 PM in Homemades

I think it's fiddling. The whole shell thing in a blow gun is unique, I have to admit. The first one is kind of silly, but I like the second one. I am not sure of how actually practical it would be, since you would have to deal with the different pieces.

On a totally unrelated note, I found some non n-strike nite finders at a toys backwards r us today. Rad.

Sorry to be off topic but when you say non N-strike, you mean the OLD ones? wit the good spring?

#58063 Titan As-v.12

Posted by kickass jb on 23 June 2005 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

As mentioned before, horribly impractical. But then again, neither is running around shooting people with toy guns, but hey it's fun. If I had a Titan I'd do that mod for sure. I'd Maybe add more barrels for less range, you know just to clear out a close combat area/emplacement or something then drop the gun and continue on with your primary. Very cool.

#57707 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by kickass jb on 17 June 2005 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

Well what if he cut off the barrels before so they were flush with the turret. Wouldn't get the best ranges but he could fire micro stefans and still get better range than he is now. I was thinking about cpvc as well but I'm not so sure about dremeling it all out yet because I don't know how stable it will be.

#57654 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 16 June 2005 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

I assume your questioning my results ninja? That is what I measured, mind you my tank is bigger than the stock one (as you can see) and it's a wider too as aforementioned (which you can't see that well). I also have a longer barrel to take advantage of the larger air tank. Those are my ranges, if you don't believe me, try it yourself or just read some other thread.

P.S. people make claims of getting 100' flat with a single AT2K, how is it that hard to believe getting 118' flat with an AT2K with a tank replacement and barrel lengthening?

#57644 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 16 June 2005 - 03:19 PM in Modifications

I replaced the airtank with vinyl tubing, it's a little longer and looks a little wider.

EDIT: It's flat ranges

#57640 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 16 June 2005 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

I range tested it and it got a lot more than I expected. I shot three times and the ranges are as follows

128'
109'
124'

mean = 118'

My gun even with the goop still gives a minor air leak that I'm going to fix shortly but thats with those ranges. I already have two friends offering me 40$ a piece. Getting to friends into it plus and getting some $$ at the same time. Talk about a good day.

#57584 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

With CLOSE examination of the pictures.. it seems your right once again CX. Merci beaucoup.

#57582 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

Inspired by this idea, I copied it almost exactly except I stuck a CPVC coupler on the end of the valve/barrel and then I glue/taped PEX pipe onto the coupler the act as a guide so now I have removable CPVC barrel. I also added a pump handle for comfort and and handle on the trigger area for comfort and one hand shooting.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57581 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

Using the pictures and a lot of trial and error, I got everything back into place except this following piece. The top white part is just a ring, not to be confused with the disc piece that gets a screw through it that holds the turret together.

Posted Image

#57579 Ahh Where Does It All Go?

Posted by kickass jb on 15 June 2005 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

I opened up my AT3K and fucked up the internals, can anyone give me detailed pics of the turret/firing mechanism...anything helps. Thanks

#57439 At2k Shotgun

Posted by kickass jb on 13 June 2005 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

Which type of tubing did you use? Vinyl?

For that matter, need to make a nerf gun for a math project, yea you heard me, MATH. I am using the AT2K since I have three but I am tearing it up to make it look a lot like yours, except with a handle to have like a one hand hold and a handle like Pinney did on the pump. Very short time span to do this so I was wondering what would be a good replacement for the air tank tubing wise, and what size should I be looking for and where can I get it? I'm assuming its vinyl tubing but I don't know where to look for it or what size I need?

Also, for the barrel, I'll probably be using either CPVC or Copper. Would 12" be too much for those? my CPVC is on my quad AT2K and the bullets go in fairly tight and I have 6" on that, copper is very loose (slide down the barrel loose) so I don't know if I should use it. If so, what would be a good length for copper?

#57357 Rototrack Broken

Posted by kickass jb on 12 June 2005 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

I plan on getting either one this week, since I don't have any right now. Which one would have the stronger hold in this case, epoxy right?