Arctic Hunter's Content

There have been 39 items by Arctic Hunter (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#364021 Can a stock longshot catch take a [k26]?

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 26 June 2019 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

It would not be a reliable catch, especially with a [k26], if it would even catch at all. Even lower kg spring usually need a better catch

#364004 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 17 June 2019 - 11:53 PM in Nerf Wars

It should. They just dont allow hard tip darts. Some dudes has 230 fps brass buzz bees and they allow it. Just use logic when using high fps blastrers. Eye pro is needed obviously.

#363986 Brass Breech LS destroying worker darts

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 10 June 2019 - 07:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

My brasses LS has been having trouble feeding worker darts. When I go to fire, the dart stays in the barrel and has the back of the dart break. Then I have to prime it again anf then the broken dart leaves the front of the barrel. I am using worker talons and I have this occur 2-3 times a mag. Any ideas on the issue?
BTW, the front barrel is only e taped into place.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190610_174132.jpg

#363981 Nerf modulus regulator problem

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 08 June 2019 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

Okay. Have u tried different mags? I heard some have had weak springs. Thats all I can really think about. If it still does that, try contacting hasbro on the warranty depending on how long u have had it.

#363972 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 06 June 2019 - 12:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I know this is really late, but did you guys make it to a SWNC war? I made it to one and it was awesome! I have been fairly active on the fb page too.

#363971 Nerf modulus regulator problem

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 06 June 2019 - 12:10 AM in General Nerf

Are you using old or worn out darts? It looks like the conveyor is not able to grip the back of the dart and is just tearing them. Have you tried it with fresh darts?

#363760 Longshot Brass Breech Problems

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 28 March 2019 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

I have just finished my first brass breech on my LS. I am using an 8kg spring in it. The trouble is, it seems to be firing the same if not worse than the stock breech with an 8KG spring. I only have the front barrel E taped into place. I have been changing the position of the front barrel to see if it changes ot, but no real changes seem to happen. Is this normal with an 8KG spring brass breech?

#363387 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 04 October 2018 - 06:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Do we know exactly when it would be this month? My scheduled for October is pretty booked, so I dont know if I would be able to make it depending on the date.

#363303 Minimized Lawgiver

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 22 August 2018 - 11:01 PM in Modifications

Nice! I really like how clean it looks. The lawbringer has always been one of my favorite designs. Can it fit in a really big holster or something like a dump pouch?

#363282 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 17 August 2018 - 02:55 PM in Nerf Wars

ArizonaNerfMan, do you think it would be good to set up some kind of a social media page to try to find more participants?

#363251 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 06 August 2018 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, good point.

#363248 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 05 August 2018 - 07:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you think around the end of September would be a good time?

#363238 Where to find a Buzzbee Sentinel in 2018

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 03 August 2018 - 01:05 AM in General Nerf

I want to mod a springer that gets 110~ fps performarnce, and remembered some people talking about the Sentinel a while back. So I checked amazon, and they want 50 bucks for one. Im pretty sure sentinels where around $15 last time I checked. Do you know of any stores that I could find these? Thanks

#363224 Nerf Hera Microswitch

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 31 July 2018 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

I am wanting to Lipo mod my Hera, but have seen people talk about the limited space in the handle to put an upgraded microswitch. I dont really want to mosfet the Hera either. Can't I just put in an upgraded microswitch and leave the end with the padel thing exposed and use that as the rev trigger? What do you think?

#363140 Stock Nerf Hyperfire on Airsoft Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 23 June 2018 - 12:59 AM in Modifications

Here is how the 9.6 volt Airsoft Nunchuck battery fits.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180622_224917.jpg

#363139 Stock Nerf Hyperfire on Airsoft Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 23 June 2018 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

Now I'm sure by reading the title you are already cringing. Anyways I essentially stuck an Airsoft Battery into my Hyperfire. Although I have to say, it fits very well in the battery tray with the battery deviders removed. Im able to get 8-9 darts a second with this. What is your opinion on this? Also what do you think will be the first part that will get fried?

#363132 Re wired Stryfe IMR Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 20 June 2018 - 01:38 PM in Modifications

Yeah. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a Zippy Brand 3S Lipo with MTB Rhinos or something similar to them. I've been convinced by the internet (lol)to go straight to Lipo power. In the long run it just seems a better overall price and performance. I've got other blasters in mind to Lipo mod such as a Hera and a Nitron.

#363120 Re wired Stryfe IMR Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 17 June 2018 - 11:40 AM in Modifications

Okay. So over all, it seems best to save up for a Lipo, new motors, and a new switch.

#363117 Re wired Stryfe IMR Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 17 June 2018 - 01:22 AM in Modifications

Yeah. IMRs only seem to work on stock motors even though a lot of people dislike them. If I do burn out the stock motors, I will have to upgrade to a Lipo battery, because upgraded motors kill IMRs. I believe most upgraded motors like Rhinos draw to much current for IMRs to handle I believe.

#363115 Re wired Stryfe IMR Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 16 June 2018 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

Okay. I'll probably run it on 3 IMRs, and plan for the motors to eventually burn out. It will be a good excuse to get nicer motors lol

#363113 Re wired Stryfe IMR Battery

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 16 June 2018 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

So I just rewired my Stryfe with 18 Gauge wire. The internals are stock motors, stock rev switch and the battery tray is stock. Anyways, I'm going to put IMRs into it. I heard that with a re wire, it can run off of 4 IMRs. Would it be safer for the motors if I only use 3? What is your opinion on this? Thanks

#363108 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 15 June 2018 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok cool. I can't remember is the typical superstock FPS limit 120 or 150?

#363082 Kronos Mod [k25] Vs [k26]

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 11 June 2018 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

So I picked up a Kronos a few days ago and I can definitely see why it became so popular. It's accuracy and range are unmatched as far as pistols go (in stock form). Anyways, my friend ordered a [k25] spring, and he had some extra that he said he would give to me. I've seen a Lot of people use [k26] springs and only a few use [k25]. Other than FPS difference, are there any other differences between the two? Also I read that the [k25] Kronos is more accurate than a [k26] Kronos. Is this true? Thanks.

#363073 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 08 June 2018 - 04:10 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm cool with that too. I only use full length darts such as accufakes and a few blasters that use rival rounds anyways.

#363068 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 06 June 2018 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Right, the 110°+ weather would be bad for a war! BTW, exactly what type of war would this be? Personally, I only have access to stock and superstock style blasters at the moment.

#363040 Orange mod works Longshot kit failure

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 01 June 2018 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

Thanks! So I opened it, and the electrical tape i used on it had fallen off and seemed to be caught in the plunger head. So I replaced it with Teflon tape and re lubricated it, and it seems to be firing better now. I guess I should have just maintaneced it before posting this. Lol

#363039 Phoenix Arizona War

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 01 June 2018 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I've seen this post for a little while now, and just wanted to let you know I'm interested. If we can get some more people to come, we can plan a war.

#363034 Orange mod works Longshot kit failure

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 31 May 2018 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I forgot to mention that I did remove the air restrictor. My bad. I probably do just need to re lubricate it. Thanks

#363031 Orange mod works Longshot kit failure

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 31 May 2018 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

So i installed an OMW stage one kit into my Longshot a while back and I noticed the performance differed from what I've heard about the kit. So I Chronographed it on my friends chrono and it was only hitting around 65-70 fps. Is this normal for the kit? I also increased the seal with electrical tape, but I should probably use tephlon tape. I also think the plunger should be re-lubricated. Or is the 70ish FPS normal? Thanks.

#363030 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 31 May 2018 - 02:41 PM in General Nerf

So I worked on some homemade "rings" a few weeks ago. The results where less than desirable, only getting about 35-40 foot shots with them. They where made out of rubber bracelets. So anyways, I decided to sell the Powerstrike. I'm not very informed on prices of "vintage" blasters, so does anyone know general selling prices of it? I couldnt really find any of these for sale to find a general price. Thanks.

#362873 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 08 April 2018 - 06:26 PM in General Nerf

Very interesting. Thanks for the info! I've seen some people make them out of duct tape, and if a lot of effort is put in to them, they seem to fire well. I made some out of duct tape (and little effort) and I only get around 20-25 foot shots and they curve to the right. I've seen some smaller ones rings on Amazon that come with some little pistol thing. I might try those.

#362865 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 07 April 2018 - 06:21 PM in General Nerf

I went to a goodwill today and found a Vortex Power Strike. I searched around for a bit and couldn't really find much information on it. All I know is it fires some kind of super expensive ring. Is there any more information on it? Is it really worth anything? Thanks

#362282 Nerf Nitron Usage With Third Party Discs

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 17 January 2018 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

I just tinkered around with it for a bit and I think I am getting close to the issue. I think the lock that prevents the blaster from shooting if there is no disc in the mag is the problem. I think the discs aren't deactivating this lock, making the blaster think it's not loaded, therefore not firing. Do you think this could be causing the issue?

#362278 Nerf Nitron Usage With Third Party Discs

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 17 January 2018 - 11:22 AM in General Nerf

Yep. I'm letting it rev up all the way before firing. Here's a pic of the discs I'm using. I'm thinking it may be due to the flat bottoms they have.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20180117_090934.jpg

#362259 Nerf Nitron Usage With Third Party Discs

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 15 January 2018 - 01:51 PM in General Nerf

I just thrifted a Nitron yesterday and fixesd a few issues with it. I love the ergonomics and want to eventually mod it. Anyways, after fixings some issues, I tried to run some third party discs through it, and it either jammed or didn't fire. I only have access to third party discs due to nerf brand being discontinued and expensive, so I don't know if it's an issue with the discs or the blaster. When I use the non nerf discs and pull the trigger, I hear a short electronic sound, and then it either jams, or doesn't even move a disc into the flywheel. Has anyone had issues with non nerf brand discs with a nitron, and is there any way to mod it to fire them?

#362230 Longshot Incompatibility with Accufakes

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 11 January 2018 - 06:45 PM in General Nerf

I too run a modified Longshot as my primary and used to have this issue; however, it is fixable. When compared to an elite dart's head, the accustrike's is not hollow, and does not taper to a more streamlined design. Due to these two reasons, the dart tends to squish against the Longshot's dart tooth and the plastic of the magazine/barrel (dart head bends downwards).This issue isn't present with elite blasters since the Longshot's dart tooth was meant to chamber streamline darts so it was designed differently.To fix this you can either drill out the dart peg, file the breech slightly to create less resistance when you mouth the dart (filing the breech may cause reduced ranges), or simply return the bolt with more precision. It is a little hard to explain, but when you slide the bolt back to mouth the dart, try doing it more carefully, yet not so careful so that the dart is entering the breech too slowly. It is also important to "feel" when the dart head is going into the breech so you can hear or feel if it is chambering incorrectly (part of this is like a connection between blaster and user that develops over time). 

For your other issues, the puff sound is the plunger slowly advancing in the plunger tube since there is more air resistance caused when a dart is stuck in the breech (kind of like an A.R).
Also, the dart won't fall out when you shake it due to the reason I mentioned above (dart head folds under dart tooth).

Hope this helps.

I just removed the post. Accustrikes feed perfectly now, and the accufakes feed more reliably, but there are still missfires with the accufakes. If you use full length darts, what do you use/recommend?

#362214 Longshot Incompatibility with Accufakes

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 09 January 2018 - 08:08 PM in General Nerf

Ok. Thanks. I'll try the dart post idea.

#362203 Longshot Incompatibility with Accufakes

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 08 January 2018 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

I have installed an OMW Longshot stage 1 kit. I drilled out the AR, but the dart post is still there. I also put on a worker pump action kit, but that probably wouldn't affect it. When I shake the blaster while pointed down, the dart does not fall out. When I manually load it, the dart does fire. I did notice that the part of the dart head that goes into the foam tube is slightly longer in the accufakes than in the accustrike.

#362201 Longshot Incompatibility with Accufakes

Posted by Arctic Hunter on 08 January 2018 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

Any time I try to use Accufakes in my Zombie Strike Longshot I hear a "puff sound and the dart doesn't leave the barrel. I tried some legit accustrike darts and this problem still occurred, but less often. With accufakes every shot fails and with accustrike it happens about once every 18 shots. Is there a way for me to fix this?