Jettdestin's Content

There have been 5 items by Jettdestin (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#362905 Weirdest mechanical failures you've ever had?

Posted by Jettdestin on 12 April 2018 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

Whenever i fire my modded zs Longshot, the darts fold into a v shape and wedge themselves into the barrel.
Still in the process of fixing this too.

#362893 Custom Battery question. (most likely a stryfe)

Posted by Jettdestin on 11 April 2018 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

So i have recently gotten one of my friends into nerf modding. After seeing me mod his brother's apollo and repair one of his damaged longstrikes, he decided to mod a blaster himself in order to participate in backyard wars and such.

To get to the point, he's settled on a stryfe, and wants to put about 40$ into it. He has at least a basic knowledge of electronic projects like this, so he's not a complete noob. He wants to replace the stock motors with rhino's, but he wants to make a custom battery. (sounds totally safe right?) As long as it does not surpass the voltages and etc of a 3s and stays cool, it would work right?

(i'm not asking if this is practical or cheap, considering you can basically custom order lipo's nowadays.)

He's also going to put a voltmeter in, don't worry.

tldr, would my friend be better off using something like a 9v even, rather than using a custom built powersource?

#362647 how profitable would selling modified blasters on Ebay be?

Posted by Jettdestin on 03 March 2018 - 09:19 PM in Modifications

So I've been looking around on Ebay and I've noticed a lot of listings that say something like "modified nerf blaster" or "custom painted nerf gun" and so on. They also tend to be low-tier blasters too, like retaliators/recons and nitefinders/firestrikes, so i assume these listings are marketed towards cos-players or non nerfers. They tend to be much more costly than their stock counterparts, obviously. Anyone on NH have any experience selling blasters like this? I assume the best way to go about this would be to focus solely on cosmetics, like doing little or no modding to the blaster other than painting it, and using a cheap blaster to maximize profit.

could selling a few purpose-built blasters like this be worthwhile or a waste of time?

#362121 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Jettdestin on 16 December 2017 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Not my first mod, but one of my best. Hand detailing with silver paint, stock motors and a rewire. I also replaced the stock switch with a mechanical one. I plan to add LEDs later, I dubbed it: "something wicked"IMG_20171216_181838787.jpg IMG_20171216_181829092.jpg IMG_20171216_181805331.jpg IMG_20171216_181813811.jpg IMG_20171216_181834794.jpg

#362109 Weirdest mechanical failures you've ever had?

Posted by Jettdestin on 13 December 2017 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

I like picking up Vulcans whenever I can find them from my local Goodwill. One day I bought a really rough looking one, it had obviously been outside for a long time. It didn't want to cycle through using full auto, and the bolt wouldn't go forward all the way when primed manually. I opened it up, and found a huge spiders nest, eggs everywhere. That big white plastic assembly was covered in this stuff. Whenever you pushed the bolt forward you would mush part of the nest. to this day, my arachnophobic girlfriend will not go near that thing.