Tail-Break's Content

There have been 20 items by Tail-Break (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360841 Retaliator Reinforcement Help

Posted by Tail-Break on 29 June 2017 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

That sucks... it's not bad looking with the Worker Clear kit, But sadly i lack the tools and skill to hack up a Recon shell (Which i own in clear) So i'm gonna attempt another one use the 2nd as a "Ok.. learn from the past mistakes" gain any Knowledge and see what happens.. Trial and Error.. 

#360836 Retaliator Reinforcement Help

Posted by Tail-Break on 29 June 2017 - 12:18 AM in Modifications

Yeah because mine is the "Clear Blue" i sadly had that fate which was a shame really.. and no won't be to hard to find

#360800 Retaliator Reinforcement Help

Posted by Tail-Break on 27 June 2017 - 11:57 AM in Modifications

Hey Guys,

So finally getting all the parts i wanted for my own Retaliator along with the Yokiko "Worker" Clear pump action kit (Forgive my spelling) and installing everything and calling it a day. but recently i like many others have likely suffer a piece of the internal shell that holds the rubber padding as snapped so i thought ok bit of superglue should be ideal.. but sadly it was only temporary. so the parts i have are:

1. Artifact Metal Bolt-Sled in Blue  

2. OMWs Breech tube.

3. OMWs Stage 1 kit being the 5kg Spring, Catch plate and the back plate 

so i've decided, in the future to buy another one.. not my ideal choice but a learn from my errors choice. So like before i come seeking advice and ideas i could add to learn from this.

Kind Regards.

#360545 stryfe sticky trigger

Posted by Tail-Break on 13 June 2017 - 01:31 AM in Modifications

Silicone or White Lithium Grease, or maybe try using a Spring for the Trigger. i know most Stryfe's don't have them now, But i've never had issues with it without the need for a spring.

#360521 Nerf Retaliator Mod help

Posted by Tail-Break on 12 June 2017 - 12:59 AM in Modifications

Yeah i've order the Clear Worker set for the pump action, got some ideas to paint the clear parts clear blue, but the only part is the clear red.. but no a big deal. but fair enough i've got a OMW Stage 1. and i always double check everything, find videos, other opinions before making a choice 

And mainly practicality if i can add some colour to the internals then fair enough, but i like the idea of having metal parts i.e. the Boltsled cause to me makes some sense if i ever wanted to beef up the spring and no panic about breaking anything 

#360480 Barrelstrike "Smart" AR issue

Posted by Tail-Break on 10 June 2017 - 01:26 PM in Modifications

White darts all brand new

#360477 Nerf Retaliator Mod help

Posted by Tail-Break on 10 June 2017 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

Well i'm thinking at the moment, it'll use stock darts. cause to me.. Makes more sense as i own a fair few mags. But as it's a Clear blue blaster, i wanna show off the internals so i'm debating the Artifact Blotsled or wait for DRS to re-stock his own cause i fear the blue will scratch and ware over time

#360475 Nerf Retaliator Mod help

Posted by Tail-Break on 10 June 2017 - 10:59 AM in Modifications

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a nerf Retaliator (Sonic ice) and i begin looking into what Mods i can do for this Blaster and to no real surprise i find a fair few kits, so i thought i'd ask you kind folks for ideas and opinions of mods kits you've used.

Artifact Aluminum BlotSled (Blue)

Worker Mod Pump Kit combo six items for the Retaliator (Clear)

Artifact Aluminum Plunger Rod (Blue)

OMW Stage 1 Kit (5kg Spring)

Workers Final Stage kit

so there the kits i've found at the moment seen a couple of videos on some of them, so ideally the question is: What's more ideal and Practical in terms of the long run? cause at the moment, it's gonna have the 5kg spring and still deciding what more to do to it but i thought wouldn't hurt to ask your guys.

#360327 Barrelstrike "Smart" AR issue

Posted by Tail-Break on 04 June 2017 - 08:17 AM in Modifications

Hey Nerfhaven

So i recently bought a Barrel Strike and like all i decide to beef up the spring but with mine i'm having AR issues where i'll fire one then another dart will attempt to leave the barrel without me priming it. the spring is a 5 kg from OMWs as i saw in some videos, cause before i modded it it worked fine.. and now it's "iffy" at best. so i seek any advice or to hear: "Revert it back to stock...?" 

Kind Regards.

#359605 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Tail-Break on 01 May 2017 - 12:26 AM in Modifications

Edited :)

I would just buy the OMW spring for the firestrike. Since you are in the UK, [k26] would take quite a while to ship there. So basically, buy the OMW spring. It sells on Amazon.

Yeah but i'm not worried most of my parts came from the US, China and even Australia. but of cause i have BSUK for another bits along with ebay and Amazon 

#359586 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Tail-Break on 30 April 2017 - 01:30 AM in Modifications

It definitely might need a catch spring for a [k26] (although I want to say I've had one work on a stock spring before but I'm not sure I honestly don't remember) but I know for a fact that it can hold over 6kgs. I use the larger spring out of this set for my firestrikes, and it is definitely more than 6kgs.

http://m.homedepot.c...16084/202045472

Thats fair enough, i've been hunting around and i think a 6/7 spring would do nicely, but thank you for the link, sadly i am UK based and we lack a Homedepot 

#359560 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Tail-Break on 29 April 2017 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

Replacing the front barrel of a firestrike (or any nightfinder line blaster) with a triad absolver is a really good way to increase capacity without really reducing power:

Image Linkedbecause its huge

That looks awesome, sadly i can't integrate so if i was to do that i'd have to get a commission done. (Due to i don't have access to power tools needed)  but a good name for it keeping it simple the Tri-Strike. though given the image i'd epoxy that area where there attached and paint it. 

#359529 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Tail-Break on 28 April 2017 - 10:25 AM in Modifications

You can use either one, but foam will lose its benefits more quickly. Honestly though, the stock rubber padding is probably enough, I've never had issues with it.

Thats fair enough all i've done so far with mine is remove the AR and E-Taped the air seal and so far part happy with that as i don't have access to power tools.

Blaster parts has a good spring I have in my firestrike. It can be found on containment crew.

thats fine i'll look and see what they have or so another question any benefit to changing the "catch" spring i've seen someone do it.. sadly my memory isn't great. just a minor curiosity 

#359523 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Tail-Break on 28 April 2017 - 05:06 AM in Modifications

Well thank you all anyway 

Oh look at this, a write-up! By me! http://nerfhaven.com...e/?fromsearch=1

Sarcasm noted, and yes i did read this and began some simple ones, such as removing the air resistor and taping the air seal. 

pad the plunger head.

Would this be using either a rubber or foam padding? 

I'm pretty sure that they still sell that. If not, then a substitute spring can be a strongarm, cut to length [k26]/25, or a slightly shortened ace49. Take out the air restrictors too. From there, just brass or cpvc the barrel. Boom! Just 85 feet flat like that.

Well the [k26] spring is a voted winner so i'll look into that and as for the old OMW kit given its discontinued it's either very hard to find or non-existent now, which i felt personally was a shame but hey easy fix.   

Seriously thought also look around the mod directory there are a lot of good write-ups there.

Noted: and yes i'll make better use of it.

#359475 Firestrike Ideas

Posted by Tail-Break on 26 April 2017 - 05:35 AM in Modifications

Hey Guys.

Just recently bought myself a Firestrike for my "mini" Secondary/Flashlight because i think it's a good idea to have a 2 in 1 so like anyone. i come to seek your advice/suggestions for parts. Ideally being a suitable spring for HvZ, i knew Orange Mod Works did a full kit but sadly Discontinued way before i joined this community. so if anyone has great ideas i may use or base off.

#359427 Nerf Demolisher Project

Posted by Tail-Break on 25 April 2017 - 01:00 AM in Modifications

R.I.P. me, I need to sand down that CPVC's inside.

Also, 1/2" CPVC pipe and coupler would work for barrels that size. 

8" CPVC barrel is ideal for this, more accurate than 6" barrel.

As for flywheel stuff, it's not really my strong point, so I can't help you there.

-Montymarks

Note: That Demolisher mod didn't take me long, the longest part was the epoxy drying.

That's what this Forum is for so far i've been given a fair amount of suggestions and i know epoxy takes a good 24+ Hours to fully cure.

#359408 Nerf Demolisher Project

Posted by Tail-Break on 24 April 2017 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

What battery's are you using. Lipo is recccomended. You might want to put over the faux barrel. Definitely worth the investment and pretty cheap after initial cost compared to imr or similar, even for additional blasters.
There are not many fwc considering that it is not the super stock standard. I will point you to the open flywheel project like I have others.
http://www.ahalekelly.com/
https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B015NAF588
Made for 180s but are you only option if you really want to upgrade you blaster. Worker wheels are recommended for their cages.

Mine is a 2S Zippy 850 Compact LiPo, it's a nice and small battery easily fits in the battery trap once i get it sorted as for motors i'm gonna go 130s. But thank you i'll have a look at these FWCs and fair enough i seem to be getting a fair bit of worker stuff 

#359404 Nerf Demolisher Project

Posted by Tail-Break on 24 April 2017 - 12:02 PM in Modifications

You might want to cut of the barrel, add a pvc or cpvc coupler and use the barrel you cut of to make a rocket attachment. Then you could choose between a shotgun blast or a rocket or a whole host of other things. Here is a thread taking about the idea.

Here is a picture of something like what I am taking about that Montymarks did.

That's not a bad idea. roughly what size would that be? i'm terrible with all these sizes for Brass and PVC/CPVC but at the moment i can get up from my Front door to my living room window which is roughly... 4/5 metres is the best range i can do but nevertheless not a bad idea. 

Thank you

#359396 Nerf Demolisher Project

Posted by Tail-Break on 23 April 2017 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Hey NerfHaven

I've recently begun planning and researching; to mod my Demolisher and so far i've done some very basic mods. such as the E-Tape air seal mod and removed the "Grill" tip from the tube and sanded about 4/5mm of the bottom of the trigger (A simple mod i learned from FDS) for a better feed of the dart. At the moment that's what i've done and still got more planning to do. 

my list for these mods are: 

New Motors (130 Honey Badgers)

Extended mag release.

new FWC and Flywheels 

Rewire and microswitch (18 AWG For a 2s Zippy 850 Compact) 

Voltmeter.

Removal of any unnecessary locks.

And any mods you guys suggested in the replies 

So there my current list of mods, given the limited amount of space. so if anyone with more knowledge or advice as i am new to this then i'll be grateful or if you have any mods you recommend.

Kind Regards.

#359373 Full-auto Demolisher with 3D printed launcher delete build

Posted by Tail-Break on 22 April 2017 - 07:36 AM in Modifications

That's amazing work, i've read your Blog, and i want to say well done. First full auto Demolisher that's clean. i'm jealous