six-hungry-ducks's Content

There have been 99 items by six-hungry-ducks (Search limited from 29-November 93)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#28228 Defective Guns New In Box

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 10 June 2004 - 05:03 PM in General Nerf

I bought an AT2K once and I shot it like 4 or 5 times right out of the box and the turret broke. Hey what if Nerf is reading this thread? Then they'll know about the defective-ness and try to fix them so they aren't defective next time.

#28037 Can Someone Help Me Identify This Nerf Gun?

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 08 June 2004 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

My cousin has an air zone air bazooka and it looks sorta like whats pictured here. I doubt it but it could be. Hell, it could be a rabbit for all we know.

#28033 Can Someone Help Me Identify This Nerf Gun?

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 08 June 2004 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

It looks kind've like the handle to a Bow n Arrow. You said it's suppose to be a bow n arrow so maybe that's what it is.

#25196 Anyone Here Play Counter Strike?

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 29 April 2004 - 09:40 PM in Off Topic

Yeah I play 1.6 most of the time. My name is :MoSaiC: and I usually play on assault only servers, but sometimes I play dust2 or fun maps (fy_stoneworld, funallinone, etc.)

Fav. Guns-
CT-M4
T-AK
Either-MP5 (ownz)

#25145 X-bow Integration

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 29 April 2004 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

That's a very good x-bow. The only improvement I suggest is making the at2k breach loading if you want. Another thing to do, is like CustomSnake said, give it a paintjob.
Good job.

#25015 New (are They?) Scenarios

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 28 April 2004 - 06:19 AM in General Nerf

Hmmmm... Storm... I like it. Thanks. I was thinking about calling it SWAT because that's what the SWAT team does.

I like Assassin too. Kinda reminds me of the map "hunted" on Team Fortress Classic. Those were the good 'ol days. I'll have to try it. I've played in my house at night with two of my friends, and it was awesome, but when I played an outdoor war at night, some people cheated by not calling themselves out when they were hit.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

#24968 New (are They?) Scenarios

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 27 April 2004 - 04:19 PM in General Nerf

First off, I would like to say sorry that I haven't posted here in a while.

Now with that out of the way, I would like to tell you guys about a new (i think) scenario. I call it Convoy. Here's what you need: A van or any other kind of big car (SUV, Mini-van, etc), a long driveway at someone's house (preferably a dirt road in the woods, hehe), and, ofcourse guns and ammo. Now what you do is you get 2 teams of like 4 or more on each team. No need for a timelimit. Get someone responsible on one team to put the van at like 2 to 5 mph on cruise control down the road to a certain point (like the end of the driveway) and the people on the driver's team try to prevent the other team from capturing the "convoy" (hence the name). The other team tries to take over the "convoy" by attacking the other team (which can ride inside the van or walk along beside it) and if they can take out the driver (who must keep the two front windows down) or the whole team, they win. The driver can shoot and I recommend a 1 hit limit, because if you have more than that, they team with the "convoy" will always win. For an added bonus, you could put guns and ammo in the "convoy" and if the other team captures the "convoy" then they get the guns and ammo. This may be a little dangerous if you have people that cheat by driving fast, and, well, you know how things can escalate and things can get wild, and, well, you know. I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Another game you can play is called, uh, I haven't figured out a name for it yet, so help me out on this one. Okay, same number of teams, and hit limit, and I guess like a 15 to 20 minute time limit. Get a responsible driver person and his team to get in the van, and the other team get in a structure like a garage and the team in van try to capture the garage. It's kind've like hold the deck, but in a garage. Now, the attacking team can either ride from a certain point to the garage in the van and pile out SWAT style and go from there, or they can go on foot. The driver this time can actually get out and help his teammates take over the garage, and I recommend cutting off the van, after you stop and pile out (obviously). The reason I have suggested this is that I have already tried this (except we didn't take the van) and it was fun as hell, and my house is perfect for it. Be careful, for this scenario can also be dangerous if you joke around and drive too fast (speaking of which, you don't have to put the van on cruise control at like 5 mph on this scenario, duh).

If you have questions/comments, please post them here. I want feedback.

Again be safe, and have fun.

#17689 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 31 January 2004 - 11:16 AM in General Nerf

So do everyone a favor. If you don't like a gun....Shut the fuck up about it, and don't buy it. Be loyal. Because the more we buy, the more we play, the more we grow, the bigger force we become. Love the game,

Talio.

Wow that's a nice quote Talio. Everyone remember that line. Man I hope the re-released gun from K-mart is going to be the powerclip.

#17644 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 30 January 2004 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

I can see it now. 6 inch brass barrels on each of the Hornets six barrels...Wow. I hope this semi-auto has an easier to pull trigger on it, because I have to pull the blastfire trigger with 2 fingers and it didn't get a high rof. This new lineup sounds great.

#16325 Nerfing Awards

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 13 January 2004 - 07:53 PM in Off Topic

Well if you guys really want to do this even though some think it's pointless (might be fun or something), we really need to stop naming specific awards for self nominations.

#16264 Nerfing Awards

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 12 January 2004 - 06:50 PM in Off Topic

Okay, I've updated the list and stuff, and I added a few of my own nominations.

#16214 Nerfing Awards

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 11 January 2004 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

Okay, I was thinking we should start some kind of Nerfing awards for 2003, like best mod/modding skills, best homemade/homemade skills, best overall Nerfer... You know the rest. If you have any people you want to nominate, any more awards (which there has to be), or just anything at all, post them here. Thanks.

Updated:

Nominations: remember, these include people at NHQ

Best Mods-Raganorocks (is that how you spell his name?)
Cxwq

Best Homemades-3DBBQ

Best Name-

Wierdest Avatar-

Most used Avatar-six hungry ducks (thats me!)

Best homemade ebaumsworld style pic(hehe)- Groove

Best Nerf Sale in trading section-Itallion Stallion

Best forum moderator-

Best Noob-

Overall Nerfer of the year-

Remember, these are only nominations, and if you guys think there should be anymore nominations or awards, or anything at all, post them here and I'll keep you updated.

#15973 I Need Help

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 January 2004 - 09:02 PM in General Nerf

HAHAHAHA! HAHA!

Cxwq, could you post something on the homepage that warns about people like this guy not coming here? This nerf4life guy? And If anyone can remember all the flaming I did to that nerfisgreat01 guy, I think this nerf4life guy should be glad he left before I read this topic. Hehehehe.

Oh, and neonerfer, that was a very good point you made about this guy saying we are nerds, yet he has nothing better to do than to post about how gay he thinks we are. I don't think he ever replied to that.

this topic should be closed

#15803 Anyone Know Anything About This Gun?

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 05 January 2004 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

That's pretty cool. I hope you only have to pump once for each shot, that would be 1337! I wonder if you could modify it to shoot darts... ofcourse you could.

#15800 Nerf Games

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 05 January 2004 - 07:14 PM in Nerf Wars

We also play a war which is kind of like manhunt. 1 person goes out, hides on their own and attempts to pick everyone else off. The hunted person should be insanely fast, good with dodges and carry whatever the fuck they want to carry.

I don't know about you guys, but I think that is a very good idea.

I'm part of a scout troop, and sometimes on camping trips, I bring my nerf guns and we all play during our free time. Sometimes, not everyone can play, so we have the people that want to play but not enough guns go to a protected area where one team must defend. These people are the hostages. The other team tries to rescue the hostages by tagging them, and then the hostages follow them to a rescue zone without getting shot.

We also play Infiltrate, or Hold the deck, where one team must hold a porch area or a garage, and the other team must take over the deck/garage, or complete a certain objective. We played this on a camping trip with at scouts once, where one team held an arcade that had 5 games, and the attacking team had to unplug 2 arcade machines.

I'm also trying to find an area near my house that is suitable for King of the Hill.

#15795 Super Bowl Predictions

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 05 January 2004 - 06:50 PM in Off Topic

Woohoo! Go Panthers!

#15179 Get Anything Good For Xmas

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 28 December 2003 - 01:18 PM in Off Topic

My brother got a Hummer, a portabe DVD player and two Xbox games (And that's not all either).  Blech! lucky bastard.

A Hummer. As in an H1, or an H2? I believe the H3 is out soon. But that is beyond the fucking point. Those things are fucking expensive... and your brother got one for fucking Christmas? AMONG OTHER THINGS!? Holy crap... what kind of money do you have flowing through your family?

HA! It was an H2 but it was a model hummer. What'd you think? My parents don't love him THAT much more than me.

#15099 New Forum Game

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 26 December 2003 - 11:06 PM in Off Topic

Okay here is what you do: it doesn't have a name or maybe it does, but the object of the game is to try to make the most useless, stupidest, or gayest post that you can think of. There are no rules, anything goes. wtrent10 has already started our game by making his post about meeting a guy from SNL, so I guess that means I'm next (not that this post isn't already useless):

OMG! OMG! MY OTTER IS GROWING!!!!!!!!!!1!11!

#15097 Holy Fuck!

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 26 December 2003 - 10:58 PM in Off Topic

I met Superman

#15096 Get Anything Good For Xmas

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 26 December 2003 - 10:52 PM in Off Topic

Not that anyone cares, but here's what I got:

Game Boy Advance SP
The Sims: BUstin Out(Gba)
Simcity 2000(Gba)
Duke Nukem Advanced (guess?)
Tony Hawks Underground (gba)
gba accesories
clothes (s8r boi apparel)
Money (lots of it)
Factor X grind rail
The simpson Monopoly (w00t)
Bruce Almighty, 28 days later, and Back to the Future trilogy (DVD)
Candy, and other shit that I don't need/didn't want/never wanted/never will want/the cat has herpies/isn't this anoying?

My brother got a Hummer, a portabe DVD player and two Xbox games (And that's not all either). Blech! lucky bastard.

#15092 My New Modded At3k

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 26 December 2003 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Smurftacular!

I have a suggestion. If you put a ball valve on that PVC tank, then extended it a bit (like make a stock), then you would only have to pump once for each shot, and turn the balve valve. Keep it open when you pump then close it. Now, after each shot, open the ball valve, then close it, then pump once (just to make the barrels advance), then shoot, and continue for each shot. You get what I'm saying?

You also might want to tell your armadillo to get a haircut, cause he needs one bad.

#13943 Expanding On The "zero Valve"

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 09 December 2003 - 07:10 AM in Homemades

how are you going to reload fast enough to keep up with the valve?

I'm superman.

#13928 Expanding On The "zero Valve"

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 08 December 2003 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

This is a great design. Since this is (possibly) a semi-auto valve (or is it?) there should be something (I like to talk in parenthesis) to bring the bolt back after every shot. I have taken the picture of the original design, and edited it so that you can see a "spring" between the blue thing and the back of the second chamber. The spring is the gray zig-zag thing. That is where I think the spring should go, that's why I edited the picture so you could see it.Posted Image
Maybe we could modify this design for an full-auto valve. The possiblities are endless!

#13243 Help Broken Powerclip

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 25 November 2003 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

Well I tightened the screws as much as I could, and that didn't really help. Should I wrap duct tape tightly around the case where the clip is so it'll be real tight? And what will pistol modding it do?

#13108 Help Broken Powerclip

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 21 November 2003 - 07:56 PM in Modifications

Well, I originally only had one rubber band on it, then I put the other ones on then it messed up. I tried taking off all the rubber bands and shooting and it still only advanced for 2 or 3 shots then the clip stayed where it was, and the gun kept firng without the clip advancing.

#13105 Help Broken Powerclip

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 21 November 2003 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Well, I took off the tape, and it still doesn't advance. The gun does shoot, but the clip doesn't advance. I think there is someting wrong with the piston. Does anyone have a powerclip they would like to sell to me?

#13100 Help Broken Powerclip

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 21 November 2003 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

The clip on my powerclip doesn't advance any, except like the first 2 shots. This happened the night after I put two more rubber bands around the air tank thingy, for a total of three rubber bands. The night I put two more rubber bands on, it worked fine. But the next night it didn't. So I try several different things, such as loosening the case, tightening the case, but none of them worked. I tried taking off rubber bands, putting more on, loosening the rubber bands a bit, taking the tape off the sides of the clips, putting more tape on the sides of the clips, but none of them worked. So I'm thinking, is it the piston, the clips, what's wrong? Can anyone tell me if my powerclip is broken and I need a new one or if I can fix it? This is my baby and I'm very sad. B)

Thanks

#13082 Working On Grenades

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 20 November 2003 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

Well, the only suggestion I have for you is that you should use Yo Crunch yogurt containers, because the lid is easy to put on, the lid pops off pretty easily with force (but not too easy),. and doesn't pop of without force, like when you are running. I have actually built a grenade from a Yo Crunch yogurt container that worked pretty well, but the problem was that it didn't have as much spread as I wanted, and it didn't shoot the flak (is that what they are called?) pieces out very high, but it might have been because the pieces didn't have enough weight. Also I was lazy and didn't post anything about it, then I forgot about.

Good luck.

#12553 Happy B-day Sandman

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 November 2003 - 09:46 PM in Off Topic

whoopie!

Whoopie indeed.

;)

Thanks!

Your welcome there big guy. What did you get?

#12537 Happy B-day Sandman

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 November 2003 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday to Sandman, turning the big 18. Now he gets 18 spankings! whoopie!

#12536 Mod For A Razor Fin

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 November 2003 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Yes, heres my mod:
1. Take apart razor fin.
2. Throw all parts into a bag.
3. Burn one half of the casing, beat the other half with a baseball bat.
4. Put all the little plastic pieces of the shell into the same bag as the parts.
5. Take a break.
6. Put a load of hot glue in the bag and when it dries, take it out and play with it.

Now you have a much better razor fin. If you want, give it a name, like Ackbar, or Melvin.

#12535 Ah!

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 November 2003 - 06:15 PM in Off Topic

Sure thing there buddy. Hey did you notice that we have the same number of posts?

#12534 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 November 2003 - 06:13 PM in Off Topic

Okay her is what I have to say:  Paintball automatic:  $300+ (I think) Paintballs:  $15 for 500 and like $50 or $60 for 2000.  Nerf Automatic:  Like $10 or $15.  Nerf Darts: you can make 100 for $3.

Uh, yeah. We know that. Stop arguing. It doesn't bother me, it shouldn't bother you. I don't really care what one guy halfway across the country says about my hobby.

And if you're that self-consious you should really seek help.

Dude, I'm not arguing, I'm just stating my point.

#12533 New Rf20!

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 07 November 2003 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

I haven't noticed any big accuracy improvements (maybe a little), but the single-shot mode has a higher rof, almost like a wildfire. The rapid fire mode is the same though, and it has new stickers. It goes farther than my old version rf20 though.

#12473 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 06 November 2003 - 05:46 PM in Off Topic

Nicely put hehe. You make good points too.

#12469 Ah!

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 06 November 2003 - 05:36 PM in Off Topic

And to you, you duck person thing, what did Alex do?

I was um, actually talking about the guy who started this post you bag of sillies!

#12468 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 06 November 2003 - 05:32 PM in Off Topic

Paintballs:  $15 for 500 and like $50 or $60 for 2000.  Nerf Automatic:  Like $10 or $15.  Nerf Darts: you can make 100 for $3.

I'm not trying to diss you, but I miust point out that your estimate 15$ for 500 paintballs, equals your estimate of 3$ for 100 nerf darts (3x5= 15$) So for 15$ you can make 500 darts, according to you. Making you statement surprisingly redundant.

Sorry about that, just something I noticed...

Haha. That's okay... What I meant was that you can make more than 100: like 120 (in some cases) for $3. Or you can buy FBR off the internet for much cheaper and make like 500 for $3 or something . But either way u can't make paintballs and I think thats pretty cool and plus, you don't shoot 1000 or 500 darts in one day, but in paintball you do shoot at least 500 or 1000 paintballs a day. And you can't go pick up your paintballs and shoot them again and again and again like nerf. But either way, you are right and thanks for pointing that out.

#12461 Number Of Guns

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 06 November 2003 - 05:05 PM in General Nerf

I use to carry 3 until I realized that every round when I use them both, I really only use one and my backup, so I decided I would just use one and change ocasionally between rounds.

#12458 3/8 Inch Fbr

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 06 November 2003 - 04:20 PM in General Nerf

Excuse me, but what is a pepper box? It sounds like a bringer of death.

#12457 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by six-hungry-ducks on 06 November 2003 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

I can rember were i saw this but there was an artical intitle nerf hurts there was a pic of a stefan half way through a double thick piece of cardbord. Catch my drift?

Hey I remeber that too. It was actuallly plywood I think