Eightdotno's Content

There have been 82 items by Eightdotno (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#361942 Dual strike rumors

Posted by Eightdotno on 11 November 2017 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

A couple of days ago at a nerf war, one of my freinds told me that the smart ar in the dual strike was extremley similar to the ones in the messenger in the matter that you can take off the barrels to access the smart ar and in theory brass the barrel and still have a smart ar. And today I got to testing this and I can confirm these rumors are indead true.
Smart ar 2 https://imgur.com/gallery/Mi0zs
Smart ar 1 https://imgur.com/gallery/Ems82
My apologies it was supposed to be messenger not sweet revenge.

#361572 Mediator XL hype thread

Posted by Eightdotno on 12 September 2017 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

I like how people are more exited for a blaster attachment rather than the blaster itself.

#361473 IPAC: Inverse Pump Action Carbine

Posted by Eightdotno on 01 September 2017 - 12:35 PM in Homemades

Nah great question. I started to realize that it began to resemble the Crossbow as I began to complete it.  The front 45 degree angle of the pump grip and body was something I chose to give the form an aggressive, but proud stance. The U shaped barrel of the inverse design has been around, but I wanted the barrel at the top to feel more incorporated into the overall design, so the I chose to angle the top of Stock 1 down from there, causing the template to then look like a wolf or hound silhouette, so I rolled with that. However, most of it's design was spawned from the ideation sketches and the full rendering shown above. I honestly thought it mostly resembled the SPAS-12 until I designed the stock.

The form may look similar, but the internal design is completely bespoke and works completely differently from a direct pullback plunger system like the Crossbow, so I'm happy with that.

Might as well put a crossbow like stock on it while your at it, a pump action '95 crossbow is the stuff of legends and myths.

#361472 Anyone Play MLB: The Show on the PS Vita?

Posted by Eightdotno on 01 September 2017 - 12:31 PM in Off Topic

If the title applies to you, have you ever experienced freezing issues on load screens or error messages while watching replays of a particular play, such as a home run? I'm playing the 2014 version of the game, but I'm asking if anyone has this problem in any version, given how rare this console is.

Anyone have freezing issues in general on their Vita and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!

I just have 1 question, why did you ask this on nerg hayven? Sony or the maker of the game could help serverly, or you could look up the problem on google or youtube, but nerf hayven is probably not the place to start looking for answers.

#361458 IPAC: Inverse Pump Action Carbine

Posted by Eightdotno on 31 August 2017 - 12:46 PM in Homemades

Not to be rude, but the whole blaster other than the stock, kinda looks like a stock '95 crossbow, did you take inspiration from the '95 crossbow?

#361444 Nerf martini henry.

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 August 2017 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Drill out the stock breech and insert a section of Xploders barrel into it. Cut a large loading slot and remove the dart tooth and fine-tune.

Okay, but what about a sealed breech?
I primary just now need to know what kind of pvc let's exploderz barrels fit in it and I'm golden to start making s true nerf martini henry.

#361443 PSA Nerf Rayvenfire is out

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 August 2017 - 12:37 PM in General Nerf

The kohl's nearby here tends to have sales on stuff and we get coupons that are 30% off...waiting for that moment when its 30% off and I have a coupon. It makes the rayvenfire around $35 USD.

Lucky, now the only place where I can find semi auto flywheel blasters for a decent price are at goodwills, and I'm not paying $27 for a brand new stryfe.

#361432 Stampede Repairs

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for that, one of the gears is a bit worn, any place I might get replacements?

Ebay may have old stampedes in disrepair, or you could get one of those metal gear kits for the stampede if you can find them, which haven't been sold in forever to my knowledge. If you have access to a 3d printer, you can print stampede gears.

#361431 Awfuls round blasters

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:35 PM in General Nerf

The awfuls rounds at the wars I go to allow lemon blasters, so I use my slingfire, which jams almost every 2 darts, and is missing the screw that holds the stock on the blaster.

#361430 PSA Nerf Rayvenfire is out

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:32 PM in General Nerf

It's even worse here in the US. They are $70 because KOHL's

I can't even get the rayvenfire, If I had known this 3 days ago, I would have raced down to the kohl's in my town, which had a going out of business sale that started on friday, and now we have no kohl's

#361429 Nerf martini henry.

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:27 PM in Modifications

Sounds like a converted sentinel.

I originally wanted to use a sentinel, but the problem is that the boomco darts would spiral out of control due to the size of the plunger tube, if I wanted to use that i would have to keep in the stock spring, which would mean less power.also I would have to pay $40 on ebay because no store in my town sells sentinels(trust me, I've looked), so since I aleredy have a lemon slingfire I found at a goodwill for $3, I would like to use that.

#361424 Nerf martini henry.

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:51 AM in Modifications

This is something I have always thought about doing ever since I got my slingfire, a lever action breech fed single shot gun that fires boomco darts (straws?), and can hold some ammo on the side of it, but u have literally no idea how the breech mechanism would work for it opening up forward during the prime, but then again, this would be the first useable breech loading primary that I have made (by "primary", I mean I have only done breech loading absolvers for things like nitefinder's and drain blasters when asked).
Any suggestions on where to start? Or has anyone else done this?

#361423 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 29 August 2017 - 12:31 AM in Homemades

You know this somehow relates to a project I have been wanting to do ever since I started nerfing, I will post that idea in a different post, but I will ask Boomtendo about it.

#361414 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 28 August 2017 - 12:24 PM in Homemades

Now all we need is a vortex caliburn.

Vortex is gud, but what about boomco darts? That would probably peirce cardboard if caliburn could use boomco darts (straws?).
This is seriously nor sarcasm, I really would like a boomco caliburn.

#361413 Awfuls round blasters

Posted by Eightdotno on 28 August 2017 - 12:12 PM in General Nerf

My choices are the slingfire(idk if mines a lemon, but the blaster constantly jams with new darts and the grip is also way to small for a 2 handed blaster), the centurion, and the tek 3.

#361357 DIY Combo Mod: Jolt+Stealth Grip = RPG attachment

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 August 2017 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

Ahoi
My Recon Mk II looked a bit empty in the front, so I came up with this, and made a tutorial for it.
Homemade Grenade Launcher attachment for your nerf blasters. Let me know what you think:
https://youtu.be/oWnRVDde5Mk

Do this for a big shock and you have the best attachment I can own.

#361356 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 August 2017 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

/u/PianoManDaniel is working on that.
Eb7vmW6E68_MNv8GTKoMzU65Sc90GjpZco3uHRE3
https://www.reddit.c...tible_caliburn/

https://www.reddit.c...n_rival_update/

I disn't realize this at the time, but you can't hear sarcasm through nerf hayven.
Sorry about making you leak that.

#361350 Titan rifle.

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 August 2017 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

I swear, if your going to put a titan in a sling fire, imma loose my mind.

#361349 Caliburn Mega XL

Posted by Eightdotno on 20 August 2017 - 04:34 PM in Homemades

But I need one of these that fires rival balls.

#361333 Titan rifle.

Posted by Eightdotno on 18 August 2017 - 12:43 PM in Modifications

Around the time of the mod contest, mu neighbor asked me how to make a titan rifle,I had just recently bought one at goodwill,I was originally going to give it to captain xaiver, but I figured why not, so I did a video on it, and posted it to youtube, and on the side was also my entry for the 2017 mod contest, I had planned something else, but this was something I had aleredy put together, and I could not afford anything else at the time.
So here's the video i did on it.

#361332 Vulcan Not Firing All Darts

Posted by Eightdotno on 18 August 2017 - 12:30 PM in Modifications

So the other day I descided to mod my Vulcan. I bypassed the electrical locks and replaced everything with 16 gauge wire and put in a 3S lithium battery tray running on three EBLs and I also put in a micro switch behind the trigger. I then opened up the gearbox taking out the air restrictor and Keeping the stock spring and threading on a old maverick spring Ito the stock one. Also I glued the clutch together and I put silicone grease around the seal that goes over the belt. then when I went to fire it only 10 darts came out of the whole 25 dart belt. Does any one know what the problem may be?

There are 3 notable problems you may be experiencing,
1. Youe vulcan may be pushing out as much air as it needs to fire your darts, putting a maverick spring around the stock spring may be the problem, it could be that it's not letting your vulcan not get sufficient compression, try taking out the maverick spring and see if that works.
2. Youe darts are too loose, the problem may not be with the vulcan, but your with your darts, what kind of darts are you using?
3. Your belt may not be getting a good enough seal around the plunger tube, you can test this by firing your vulcan, and looking at the belt feed while it's firing, if the plunger tube does not seal up with the end of the belt, that's the problem.

#361322 Sleeper Breech Question

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 August 2017 - 12:24 PM in Darts and Barrels

Would putting a sleeper breech in a blaster with the ar's intact still improve range? I would like to put one in my EAT a 5 kg to get a bit more range.

From most of the sleeper breechs I've seen, you have to drill out the dart post and ar for the breech to function smoothly, if you left the dart post and ar in it, you may encounter some jamming.

#361320 2017 Modification/Homemade Contest

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 August 2017 - 12:16 PM in General Nerf

So there was a lot of interest, but we only have 2 entries with a couple weeks to go.

Are people working on projects? Do we need to extend the deadline?

I think $50 may not be enough, even when I did my stupid project, I spent more than $40 on the titan, the wood for the stock, and the small bike pump I originally wanted to use, like the 2015 mod contest I think you should have like some blaster or something along with the $50 as a prize may attract more people to enter the contest?
I also had one of my freinds from an hvz event look at it and he said the same thing.

#360735 Quick catch mechanism question

Posted by Eightdotno on 23 June 2017 - 11:02 AM in Modifications

I had this same problem, my solution was to not have multiple springs, and just put in 1 really strong one, your problem probably is that the springs are not getting enough compression, so you should either get a more powerful spring to replace all 3, or loose 1, or cut down one of the springs.

#360629 2017 Contest Entries

Posted by Eightdotno on 17 June 2017 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

http://nerfhaven.com...31-titan-rifle/

#360208 The Friday Night Trooper Blues

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 May 2017 - 11:36 AM in Modifications

How heavy is your catch spring? You might want to double it or get a heavier one if it ain't catching.

#360206 Broken Rough cut

Posted by Eightdotno on 30 May 2017 - 11:23 AM in General Nerf

A picture might help alot.

#360088 2017 Modification/Homemade Contest

Posted by Eightdotno on 24 May 2017 - 11:25 AM in General Nerf

I have the perfect idea for this contest.

#360075 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Eightdotno on 23 May 2017 - 08:03 PM in Homemades

Also you should make your personal caliburn special by putting on some kind of after burner or having all the moving parts be forged out of metal, that way you could call yours excaliburn.
Or you could call the origional prototype (if you still even have it) excaliburn

#360074 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 23 May 2017 - 07:49 PM in Modifications

Figured that I'd make a tutorial how ro make an inline rscb, since I could only find 1 mention of it, it makes the sledgefire hit a bit better, but not by much, I would love to improve upon the design, since you do not have to point it down and then back up, like a normal rscb, but I have no idea how, if anyone could make a more improved inline then I did, then please let me know.

And also, I thought I could replace the stock spring with a [k26], but I heard that it doesn't make it shoot much further.
I am also using both full length dartzone darts, and half length dartzone darts because they are cheap, and hit pretty well using the blasters I use.

#360066 star wars kyn erso blaster imr upgrade?

Posted by Eightdotno on 23 May 2017 - 11:31 AM in Modifications

You could do what drac did and put a bunch of resistors befor the lights and sounds.

#360065 Recon CS-6 $ Value ?

Posted by Eightdotno on 23 May 2017 - 11:27 AM in General Nerf

Heck you could even sell it on nerf haven if you want.

#360046 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 May 2017 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

I got to thinking last night, instead of an rscb, how about an inline rscb?
Instead of using a pvc tee and elbow, why not slide the rscb in another piece of pvc?

#360041 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 May 2017 - 12:22 AM in Homemades

I really can't wait to see how the finished product of caliburn will be, currently the origional is my favorite homemade, and so much time and attention to detail has been put into this project that I cant even fathom.

#360040 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 22 May 2017 - 12:05 AM in Modifications

I've seen people fire demolisher missiles off sledge fires befor with almost no issues, this thing has enough power to use an rscb.

#360037 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 May 2017 - 06:29 PM in Modifications

You should be fine with the stock sledgefire spring as it is fairly heavy (10kg). Other then that, you should smother epoxy on all of the joints to get a really good seal.

Currently I do not have access to expoxy, would hot glue work?
Also it has a great dart fit with the barrel, not that much air comes out of it when I dry fire it though.

#360035 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 May 2017 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

I am also using schedule 80 1/2 in pvc pipe as both the barrel and the rscb, it only looks like brass/copper because it's been out side sitting under a tree for more then a decade and has been thoroughly cleaned.

#360034 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 May 2017 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

1. Use a cpvc/pvc tee. It appears in the photo that you glued brass/copper RSCB assembly to an elbow. Using a tee will definitely help the seal and allow you to experiment with different barrel/chamber lengths.
2. shorten the stub between the elbow and the plunger tube. This reduces deadspace.
3. Seals on sledgefires tend to be pretty good stock. Did you remove the air restrictor?
4. Go to a hardware store with the stock spring and see if you can find something stronger that you can replace it with.

1: I tried using a tee, it just makes the pump much harder.
2: the stub is that long for more ammo to be in the rscb.
3:the rscb is glued in, and yes I removed the air restrictors.
4: most of the springs at my local hardware stores are not that long or are only good for reverse plungered blasters. And also because the prime on this thing with the stock spring is extremely heavy.
ALSO, this blaster was bought from goodwill for $6

#360033 Weird ammo I need to launch.

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 May 2017 - 05:14 PM in Darts and Barrels

Also the paper based war has been canceled, due to someone setting a tree on fire at the park where it was being hosted.

#360031 Proof of concept blaster that I need help with.

Posted by Eightdotno on 21 May 2017 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

I have been working on this blaster for about 14 hours, any thoughts on how to make it shoot farther?

Pump action. https://imgur.com/gallery/lcdpK