Raiden's Content

There have been 36 items by Raiden (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#36296 Vancouver Area Nerf Series 3

Posted by Raiden on 03 September 2004 - 12:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Im really sorry, work owned me again, possibly even Pwned. Anyways sorry for not getting back to you earlier, suffice to say my Manager who usually does the scheduling was flown out to pidgeon River Ontario for a month and my carefully arranged plans went with her. Which is why I missed work yesterday since I had scheduled it off been given the A okay and then scheduled anyways. But that is another story.

Sincerest Regrets,

Raiden

#32998 Vancouver Intermediary War

Posted by Raiden on 03 August 2004 - 12:19 PM in Nerf Wars

1) the only days I have off of work that week are the 9th and 10th so if I were coming those would have to be one of those days.
2) I am not sure whats up with my aresenal these days mostly its in pieces all over my room, but I should have the parts to put together at least 1 working sm1500 and of course I have MY two locknloads, I also have a blast bazooka which I have managed to make live up to its name.
3) H2H would be sweet, so if I do make it I will prolly pack something of that ilk with me as well.
4) there may or may not be a 4.

#32459 Vancouver Area Nerf Series 3

Posted by Raiden on 27 July 2004 - 07:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make it, new work schedule coing out tommorow and I my manager told me I could prolly get the 28th of when I asked

#30462 Vancouver Area Nerf Series 3

Posted by Raiden on 06 July 2004 - 12:01 AM in Nerf Wars

So, are we on for the 28th then?

#29059 Powerclip Psi?

Posted by Raiden on 21 June 2004 - 04:52 PM in Modifications

Try pumping it up and then holding it under water in a big sink or something, if you see little bubbles rising up it means you have a leak, and its leaking where all the bubbles are coming out of the gun. If your gun isnt leaking then all I can suggest is theres too much pressure and it isnt firing at all.

#29058 Vancouver Area Nerf Series 3

Posted by Raiden on 21 June 2004 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Any Vancouver boys who would like thier profile on the upcomming Vancouver Nerf website, please fill out this form and PM or post it here.

What about Vancouver Island boys?

#29039 Disasters Galore

Posted by Raiden on 21 June 2004 - 11:29 AM in Off Topic

Here's a real winner for you, its the story of how fast reflexes got me hurt. So I was working in the workshop on my ratchetblast, which is now a horrible piece of junk but anyways. I was trying to open something I think and I knocked my xacto knife off the table. Well faster then I could think how dumb an Idea it was, my hand goes after the falling knife. I caught it, in my finger. Ouch!

#29031 Vancouver Area Nerf Series 3

Posted by Raiden on 21 June 2004 - 10:32 AM in Nerf Wars

So are, we sure for the 28th? The sooner we know the date for sure the easier it is for me to get the time off to be there. This does sound like it is going to be awesome though.

#28916 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Raiden on 19 June 2004 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I really wish I could have made it to VANS, and I am sorry for only being able to give you a week or two notice that I couldnt make it hunter, however if we could finalize a date as much as possible before the next acctually VANS I should be able to schedule the time off, I need to give my manager 4 weeks notics ^_^ .

#28912 Powerclip Psi?

Posted by Raiden on 19 June 2004 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

There must be something wrong with your tank or the connection to your gun, because 100 psi should make your darts fly go like the proverbial bat out of hell, or at the very least explode in your barrel.

#28673 Anti-jam Soft Dart

Posted by Raiden on 16 June 2004 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

Damn it, why does everything he makes have to be so much cooler then the rest of ours? I wonder where I can find some colored fbr.

#28672 Ss2/ssii Intergration

Posted by Raiden on 16 June 2004 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

Its neat that you have the pump in the gun and the tank outside, rather then the more common tank inegration with the pump strapped to the side, and it looks cool too. Congradulations

#28484 Help On Sm1500 Repair

Posted by Raiden on 14 June 2004 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

It acctually seems to be working pretty well now, and using the water test I am not losing air anymore., I will probably have to re spray it every once in a while, but I should really do that anyways, I imagine. Thanks for the input guys.

#28256 Help On Sm1500 Repair

Posted by Raiden on 10 June 2004 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

Well I have just fired a whack of silicone spray into the valve hopefully that will solve it. Otherwise I have some white lithium grease I will try if the silicone isnt enough. Cross your fingers for me.

#28158 Help On Sm1500 Repair

Posted by Raiden on 09 June 2004 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

Well my pride and joy, my brassed sm1500, has just given me a little hiccup, it seems to have developed a slow air leak, it will fire like a cannon right after you pump it but if you wait a minute or so then it will lose almost all its pressure. So I pumped it up and put it underwater to find out the source of my issues, and the leak appears to be the spot where the trigger pin comes out of the back of the air tank. Does anyone have any ideas about how to save my baby? Has anyone ever fixed something like this before?
After some searching I see that jangadance has had the same issue I have, if you are out there janga did you ever manage to get anywhere fixing it?

#28150 Larami 1500 Or AT3K

Posted by Raiden on 09 June 2004 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

I vote for the 1500, the turret mechanism will never jam, and it just has an air of classic coolness to it that the 3k doesnt quite manage, plus the 1500 was practically made to be pvc'ed and looks awesome with pvc in it.

#27957 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Raiden on 07 June 2004 - 06:54 PM in Nerf Wars

It looks like I am gonna have to work on the 19th after all so it looks like I cant make it this time either, sorry guys.

#27769 Interesting Stefan Issue

Posted by Raiden on 05 June 2004 - 03:16 AM in General Nerf

Having just modded my newly found larami supermaxx 1500 I am having an issue I have never had to deal with before. If I shoot it close range at a target, like a piece of cardboard or styrofoam, often the foam will bounce off, but the weight and hotglue front will be fired straight through the target. I have done this with heavy cardboard and a very dense three inch piece of styrofoam. I am slightly worried about shooting a person and having the foam stop but the weight fly through them, any ideas?

#27763 Sneak Shot Mod

Posted by Raiden on 05 June 2004 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Is the pump for your at2k inside your case or on the outside? I have wanted to do the same sort of thing for a while but I cant figure out how I could fit it all into the case, and I would rather not just tape the pump to the side.

#27664 Another Vancouver Nerf War?

Posted by Raiden on 03 June 2004 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

firstly, to clear one thing up, Raiden and Richard Vining are the same person, IE me. I think I can probably make it up for this one although I will hae to check my exam schedule and my work schedule, also is there anyone who would be able to pick me up from downtown Vancouver or the fery terminal if I were to bus across, otherwise I could drive but with gas prices as they are and BC ferries prices as they have always been thats gonna be hella expensive.

#23423 Brass Breech/bolt Action Loader?

Posted by Raiden on 04 April 2004 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

I would appretiate your pictures too, betashockwave@hotmail.com.

Thanks

#23422 Mad Hornet

Posted by Raiden on 04 April 2004 - 03:06 PM in Modifications

Wrap the whole thing in foam and duct tape and throw it at your opponent. as far as I can tell thats the only way to get a decent range out of it.

#22435 Vancouver Annual Nerf Out

Posted by Raiden on 26 March 2004 - 01:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd be up for it, I am kinda a newb as far as nerfing goes though.

#22422 Super Soaker Sniper

Posted by Raiden on 25 March 2004 - 11:26 PM in Homemades

If you reduce the size of the air tanks, by cutting it off and filling the hole with epoxy for example, you can get down to quite and effecient gun. And if you cut all the other useless crap off you can break it down into quite a small piece. Mine is good to go after maybe 6 pumps now. However, with the lower air volume it wont be quite as powerfull anymore as with the huge air tanks and you pumping it all the way. Also keep in mind that the supersoaker valves are designed for shooting water not air and dont always seal perfectly. But I think it is a much more viable idea then a lot of people say it is.

Edited for spelling

#20897 Getting Hot Glue Off En Masse

Posted by Raiden on 07 March 2004 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Well, the hot water Idea worked very well. The hot water in my house will acctually burn you if its all the way on so I just used that and then the glue was very pliable and came off easily. Thanks for all the suggestions. Dont you just love a story with a happy ending? And yes I use megasupersticky hotglue or I wouldnt have this issue.

Edited to remove to many "ands"

#20722 Getting Hot Glue Off En Masse

Posted by Raiden on 04 March 2004 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

Well I do need to get rid of all this glue so that I can continue working on the gun so leaving it on isnt an option. I thought of using hot water from a kettle but I am not sure if it would be hot enough. does anyone know what the average melting temperature of hotglue is? basically I am looking for a way to either dissolve it or get it soft again so I can clean it up without destroying my gun.

#20644 Getting Hot Glue Off En Masse

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2004 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

Alrighty, I have a heavily modded supersoaker that has a huge amount of hot glue stuck to it from all the work I have done with it. Whats the best way to get it all off at once? When I say a lot I mean that theres a layer of hot glue over parts of it. It seems to be beyond my humble skill with needle nose pliers to get it off that way.

Thanks

#20467 Ss1

Posted by Raiden on 02 March 2004 - 01:13 AM in Modifications

The problem I found in trying to triple barrel mod the secret shot one is that getting a good air seal between the pluinger tube and the barrels is next to impossible. I ended up just making mine into a single barrel gun but once you do that it should shoot really well.

#2008 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Raiden on 04 March 2003 - 06:54 PM in Modifications

basically just stick a bladder on the end?

#1987 Secret Shot 2 Valve

Posted by Raiden on 04 March 2003 - 01:50 AM in Modifications

now that i see your 3d models I am almost 100% sure that your theory is right.

#1979 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2003 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

looks cool, what the hell is it?

#1972 Secret Shot 2 Valve

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2003 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

I think you are probably right, the air preessure drops pulling the main release open and shuting the trigger part as quickly as it opened, I dont have a secret shot 2 though so I am just going by your pictures.

#1971 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2003 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

Ok, I am trying to figure out how I can mod my mad hornet so it doesnt completly suck. The problem is that since the pump/tank/valve/trigger are all built in one big piece I cant take it apart without screwing up the tank. Also the trigger system is gimped, the air output is also the trigger which is fired by having part of the barrel push down on the valve pin.so the air delivery system has one piece pusing down and one pushing up and then for some dumb reason the barrels arent actually glued into the rotator so there are 4 places this gun can leak air before you even get to the barrel =(I can not figure out how to get rid of these leaking points without screwing up the gun, and because of the way it is build I cant even single barrel mod the damn thing. Any ideas?

#1968 Internals Replication...

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2003 - 07:30 PM in Homemades

I think what he means is he wants to make some pvc stuff to imitate the internal parts of a crossbow.

#1967 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle - C02 Powered

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2003 - 07:19 PM in Homemades

ok first, that looks awesome and thoese are very nice resuslts, secondly i have 2 questions for you, you say that the trigger is made out of pvc, do you mean the whole valve etc is home made or just the trigger? Secondly can you explain in more detail how your shell loading/ejecting system works?

thanks and once again nice job

#1947 Inline Pvc Checkvalve?

Posted by Raiden on 03 March 2003 - 12:44 AM in Homemades

I have a couple pvc check valves and the ones I have at least work fine for air, as they are springloaded to remain closed unless air going the right way is pushed into them. I dunno if most/all are made that way but there are certainly ones out there. I use mine to supercharge my modded supersoaker past the point where its check valve would give in.