Greed's Content

There have been 28 items by Greed (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#251707 Hidden Blade

Posted by Greed on 26 September 2009 - 11:57 AM in Homemades

SO-

I'm going to be in a ninja :ph34r: gang for halloween, and my friend doesn't have any weapons he can use for looks. So I wanna make the Assassin's Creed hidden blade for fun and enjoyment. I figured you guys would be the ones to ask about this, so here we go...

if you pause at around 0:16 you can see basically what it's supposed to look like. But not EXACTLY like that, just in case you didn't know what I was talking about.

So far: The entire assembly is going to be mounted to a shinguard, with a narrow steel plate attached to it (lengthwise) to provide a base for the blade. a Keyring is going to be put around my middle finger, attached to the trigger. When I pull up on the keyring, it will pull up on clothesline with a pin through it going through a hole in the blade at the bottom. A cord tied to the back of the blade will be how I will pull it back in. The blade itself will be covered by a half of a PVC pipe cut down the middle, and I will put the trigger on top. The spring will be put at the bottom, kept in by the PVC pipe.

I know how I'm going to put the spring in, I just need a way of putting the blade on a track or stabilizing bit of sorts to keep it from wobbling around while it's not deployed. And a way of cleanly stopping it at the end to prevent it from flying off.

If anyone has any better ideas, go ahead. And yes I have seen the indiemogul video about the quick-deploy gun prop thing, and it seems waaay too bulky/expensive/heavy for my purposes.

And no this is not some stupid inane fanboy daydreaming, I want this for my friend because he doesn't have anything in his ninja arsenal and he's making the smoke bombs. So there. (and if this is in the wrong forum let me know...)

#245719 Lanard Sawed Off Hand Cannon Modifitcation

Posted by Greed on 05 August 2009 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

I have a recon spring too, but no reinforcement materials, would hot glue be semi-acceptable...?

#244825 Nerf Wars On Wikipedia

Posted by Greed on 31 July 2009 - 01:19 AM in General Nerf

A fanny pack?! Who the hell wrote this piece of shit?!

#236917 Recon/titan Integration

Posted by Greed on 17 June 2009 - 12:47 PM in Modifications

I have no idea how to activate the tank from the recon trigger.

A complex pulley system. This is why you should have mounted it where I suggested.

This is really my first integration at all. With spare parts. And complex pulley systems would make a good science project.

#236770 Recon/titan Integration

Posted by Greed on 16 June 2009 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

I would highly suggest ditching the titan as your air source. Sure it seems like it would be the "best" air tank to use here it is also going to create a ton more hassle for you to use it as it is much larger then the recon body.

I'm ditching the stock altogether and putting the air tank at a right angle from the plunger, next to the pump. I have a spare titan and a spare recon, I'm just throwing this together and having fun with the ergonomics.

Posted Image

The connection from the pump to the tubing is still leaky, gets 40-50 feet with taggers with the head torn off. No real trigger system other than directly pulling the titan tank, still need to reinforce the entire thing and I have no idea how to activate the tank from the recon trigger.

#236645 Recon/titan Integration

Posted by Greed on 15 June 2009 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

You must not have searched hard enough. Somebody JUST did this.

Well you could answer at least one of my questions, or be more specific...

#236516 Recon/titan Integration

Posted by Greed on 15 June 2009 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Goal: Recon with a Titan instead of a spring, keeping the clip.

Questions:
1. I want to use the extra tubing in the titan as a means of extending the range between the pump and the tank, is there a surefire (pun) way to prevent leaks? Is there an easier way to lengthen the range between the two?

2. Keep the stock stock, or use a PVC stock? Where to attach the PVC stock to the frame?

I'll probably be asking noob questions about the trigger system later.

#235735 How To Repair A Pump.

Posted by Greed on 11 June 2009 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

A repair forum would cut the number of modification forum threads in half. I like it.

#235367 A Monstrosity (recoblast 2.0)

Posted by Greed on 09 June 2009 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

Post ranges.

Now the only improvement is overall minimization and that trigger thing. This is good, I only have sandpaper and don't have any fancy tools, I have a spare 2K lying around so I might try what 2iko said...

#229510 Modular Longshot.

Posted by Greed on 10 May 2009 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

You claim not to have the patience for hand painting, yet you must spend half the day tapping. Wow, when I saw your work in the PJ/Mods thread I didn't think you were all spray, that sir is some nice spray work. I don't know how you guys do it with spray paint. I must just REALLY suck a tapping. Any way, I like this mod, and I may have to adapt the way you used the top of the LS sidearm, I like the way it changes the shape of the gun.

Salindin

It's taping.

#226776 Last Stand [new Game Type]

Posted by Greed on 28 April 2009 - 12:54 AM in Nerf Wars

PS: Yes, I am an asshole, a noob and I have no clue about nerf anything. But if you insult my mom my friend Chuck Norris wont be so happy about it. :ph34r:

No, Judas Priest is going to kick your ass.

#214226 Let's Argue About Music!

Posted by Greed on 22 February 2009 - 04:51 PM in Off Topic

http://arguewitheveryone.com/

Wow, thanks!

Although I admittedly don't know as much about complex current social issues as I do about music.

#214225 Let's Argue About Music!

Posted by Greed on 22 February 2009 - 04:48 PM in Off Topic

This is one of the most stupid fucking ideas i've seen from the NIC. I doubt this will get passed 5 posts before the moderators close it down.

I observed people raining on the Blink-182 people's parade on their own thread. I also observed the habits of people arguing about music, arguing with the people who liked the music. Then I thought, 'Hey, if people like to argue about music, they might as well do it in a place intended for that purpose.' When people make threads about LIKING music, arguments break out instantly. This is not a flame, this is an argument thread, meant to draw fire away from the people who want to not get flamed about their musical taste. I'll understand if a moderator closes the thread, sure, but at least I tried. We can argue about this if you like.

#214216 Snowskate Help

Posted by Greed on 22 February 2009 - 04:32 PM in Off Topic

Pour water on it and wait overnight, for ice?

#214197 Let's Argue About Music!

Posted by Greed on 22 February 2009 - 03:18 PM in Off Topic

*warning* This thread is meant to aggravate and frustrate. If you have been personally offended by the opinions of others, defend your band!

Rules:

1. You cannot say the bands/genres you like, you can only say the bands/genres you hate.
2. You can only say what bands/genres you like if someone else has mentioned that they hate them.
3. Give valid reasons why you despise or like the particular band/genre.
4. Nothing obvious (I.E. Miley Cyrus).
5. Mentioning a band as a correct version of a genre, or vice-versa, is allowed.
6. No insulting personally, only insult the band/genre.

Inspired by that lovely Blink-182 reunion thread.

I'll start: Blink-182 sucks because the singer has a nasal voice, the songs are repetitive and predictable, and they are trying to be rebellious.

Also, if anyone hates a band I like, good luck.

#214189 Blink-182

Posted by Greed on 22 February 2009 - 02:50 PM in Off Topic

Update: go to my arguing about music thread, so the people who like the band can have their fun here.

#213640 Bullpup Design?

Posted by Greed on 19 February 2009 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

Hmm...

Does it have to be a springer? A bullpup could be done with an air gun where a tube connecting the air tank to the barrel goes back to the stock behind a clip.

#208283 Extra Spring To Bbb

Posted by Greed on 31 January 2009 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

It's called the search function. If you already tried that, say so.

#204455 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Greed on 18 January 2009 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

When you said GOW I thought you meant God of War.

Now a god of war gun would be sweet...

The stock reminds me of a tommy gun...

#203493 How To Paint Your Blasters

Posted by Greed on 15 January 2009 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

OMG Epiphone! What guitar do you have?!

#201367 Sm5k Repair

Posted by Greed on 05 January 2009 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

when i pump my sm5k, the air proceeds straight to the barrel. Is this a trigger issue or a leak?

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

Apologies
i don't hear anything as i pump it, and with a dart loaded, a single pump launches the dart out at humorous ranges.

It's will, I'm talking to you on facebook right now. I love technology.

Fix it yet?

#194244 Modified Titan. Originally Made 2 Years Ago.

Posted by Greed on 06 December 2008 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

GI JOE!!!

... Ranges?

#190142 At2k Range Improvement

Posted by Greed on 16 November 2008 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

Look at the "stem" that leads to the turret, the one on the SM1500 is wider, huh? It's allowing more air to get to the dart faster than on the 2K. So how do you remedy this? CUT THE STUPID THING OFF!!! In Greed's current thread he says he did this, but it didn't help. Well, if he cut about 1/16" more off, he would see that the opening suddenly enlarges to the SAME DIAMETER as the SM1500!

The only reason I noticed this was because I cut open a tank once that was already broken in hopes that I could find an e

A roseart marker also fits snugly onto the nub, for easy coupling.

#190141 At2k Help

Posted by Greed on 16 November 2008 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

Just the reduction in overall length is enough reason to recommend the cut.
The elimination of a tiny amount of dead space is also a plus.

Since the air passage does not actually neck down between the valve and there (even though from the outside it looks like it might), the length of that restriction is almost inconsequential compared to the diameter. But at least theoretically it should be less restrictive because the restricted length is less. I'm pretty sure that particular factor is negligible, but it's still in favor of the cut.

Dead space helps no one. In general it's less of a problem in pressure blasters than in springers, but it's still good to minimize dead space at every opportunity.

So I accidentally did something right? Cool!

On a side note, the nub fits tightly into the marker end, so it's an overall good thing if you're going to use a marker.

#190065 At2k Help

Posted by Greed on 16 November 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

I just got an untouched AT2K from a friend, and I very much do not want to completely screw this up. My goal is to single it, I already looked over all the mods and ripped out the turret. I already went completely overboard and painted it black w/ green tiger stripes. Seperate problems are numbered.

1) Stupid thing I did: I cut off the section at the end of the pump, because I thought I was being OMG CLEVER by providing better airflow, then realized that the pump section is exactly the same inside diameter as the part I cut off. You can see the part I cut off in my hand.

Posted Image

That in turn causes a second problem: The section that is still there is the part that rests on the plastic piece in the shell, and that holds it up and keeps it straight. I am wondering how to glue my barrel onto the nub without glueing (<-- how to spell) it onto the shell. Should I just glue the piece back on?

2) Limited barrel materials. I have a roseart marker I smuggled out of school, a short section of 1/2 inch grey CPVC, and a whole lot of 3/4 and 1/2 inch PVC. I had to rip out come of the plastic that held the turret up to make way for the thick barrel I know I'm going to have to use. The marker fits snugly inside the CPVC.

Posted Image

Other questions:

How do I get rid of that stupid goo gauge without clogging or causing leaks?

Should I just rip out the air restrictors and use the barrels that came with the gun?

What is the optimum barrel material(PETG, brass, clear PVC), disregarding my current situation? It doesn't get cold at all and I handle my guns lightly.

--

I am a long time lurker, first time poster, I have been hanging around nerfers for about a year now. Yes, I know about cxqw's (or something) barrel material post. I have read through the modification directory completely, know all my guns and stuff. Thank you.

#189905 Disk Shot Modification

Posted by Greed on 15 November 2008 - 10:42 PM in Modifications

I would just be worried about the turret getting knocked out of sync with the rest of the gun through dropping. Is it durable?

#189889 Double Shot Rear Loaded Half Shell Ejection.

Posted by Greed on 15 November 2008 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

Fantastic, now all you need to do is give it an Elmer-Fudd style paintjob and you're all set.

Would it be helpful to replace the rest of the barrel, or does that matter?

#187635 Favorite Call Of Duty Weapon

Posted by Greed on 05 November 2008 - 01:55 AM in Off Topic

MP40
M16A4

*x2 stun
*overkill
*martyrdom

Lots of fun.