Greek Assassin's Content

There have been 70 items by Greek Assassin (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#89439 One-pump Titan

Posted by Greek Assassin on 10 September 2006 - 09:59 AM in Modifications

You should definately put an R.C.S.B. barrel on that. The combination between the range and ROF would be sick.

#89427 Perfered Nerf Guns And Combat Styles

Posted by Greek Assassin on 09 September 2006 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I like to use my R.C.S.B. barreled AT-3K for mid to long range combat. In larger wars I like to use my R.C.S.B. barreled Titan at very long range, or just really close range if I dont like someone :(.

#85233 At2k Or At3k?

Posted by Greek Assassin on 17 July 2006 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

People usually dont like "which gun is better" type threads because most of the time, it is just a matter of personal taste. Both guns get about the same distance. The only real difference between the two is ammo capacity and size. The 3k has two more barrels and is as a result, larger, so if you are planning on single barreling a gun, get the 2k. You get the same range as the 3k, but in a smaller package.

#80018 At 2k Mod

Posted by Greek Assassin on 15 April 2006 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Very nice. Clean, simple, and innovative.

#79078 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by Greek Assassin on 06 April 2006 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

I just realized something. The pistol that disconnects from the front bottom of the longshot looks like a Lock'N'Load. I have come to this conclusion because the triangular object that comes down from the trigger guard. It resembles it exactly! My theory is that there is a LNL type gun in the bottom and they are going to surprise all with that! They know we loved the LnL so much that they put it in a new gun! They probably just uprgraded it a little!

Coinsidence? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!

If it was an lnl, why is there a yellow ccker/pump underneath the gun? Besides, Hasbro has no reason to care about the NIC enough to re-release the lnl, we make up something like half of 1% of their profits.

#79034 Sm1500

Posted by Greek Assassin on 06 April 2006 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

Stock, the old sm-1500's use laramies and the new ones use micros.

#78795 Clan Directory

Posted by Greek Assassin on 04 April 2006 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm starting up a clan in Queens, New York. So far we only have 4 members, but we're expecting 2 more this week, and 4 more in the near future. Most of the guys have been nerfing on and off since 2000. Now were finally starting a serious clan. We might be holding a skirmish during spring break, but i dont know the date yet. We're all 14 and 15 years old.

#78792 Bbb Vs. Crossbow

Posted by Greek Assassin on 04 April 2006 - 08:21 PM in General Nerf

I have a BBB and i love it, but i would dfinately love a crossbow more if i had one... If you are willing to spend $60.00 on a nerf gun, go ahead and get the crossbow. If you can get it for less, definately get one. Otherwise, the BBB isn't exatly crap.

#78648 Realistic Ranges

Posted by Greek Assassin on 03 April 2006 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

How long is your barrel?

#78643 Realistic Ranges

Posted by Greek Assassin on 03 April 2006 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

When you say extended barrel, do you mean barrel relocation and replacement with brass, then using properly weighted stefans? If not, thats why your not getting 100ft.

#78630 Can You Mod These Guns?

Posted by Greek Assassin on 03 April 2006 - 08:07 PM in Modifications

Try searching

#78591 Dart Discoveries

Posted by Greek Assassin on 03 April 2006 - 03:55 PM in Homemades

Why does everyone think matchstick darts are so great. Stefans are cheaper and better.

#78534 Titan Mod

Posted by Greek Assassin on 02 April 2006 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

BlackJack, welcome to NerfHaven! Read the code of conduct and don't bring back threads that were started two years ago to say,

Wonderful mod, Ompa, my congrats. Mine gets about 210-220 feet

Do that and don't piss anyone off.

#78529 Bbb Question

Posted by Greek Assassin on 02 April 2006 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Are you sure your measuring right? I've never heard of anyone getting 100ft flat with a bbb without a new spring.

#77971 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by Greek Assassin on 28 March 2006 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

If range for a pistol is more important than holsterability, then get the old stly TTG. It is the one that was grey and blue, not the new greenish scout.

#77952 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by Greek Assassin on 28 March 2006 - 07:34 PM in General Nerf

Was the night finder an OV or EX-3?

#77944 Maverick End-clip -[update]-

Posted by Greek Assassin on 28 March 2006 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Nice mod, but I dont think longer barrels would help the Maverick much. Its the air seal that needs improving, along with that midget plunger tube. I you could combine that with Falcon's Mav-Finder, and find a thin O ring to improve the seal, adding new barrels could give it NF-like ranges!

#77942 Split-tech 2k

Posted by Greek Assassin on 28 March 2006 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

That is really really REALLY AWSOME!!! The rate of fire must be sick, and im guessing the ranges dont suffer much. Put a stock on it and you have one kick-ass primary!

#77940 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by Greek Assassin on 28 March 2006 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

Since both of the guns are basically the same, it all depends on weather you are more comfortable holding the LNL or Nightfinder. My favorite, since I have small hands, would be the NF.

#77935 Titan Speed

Posted by Greek Assassin on 28 March 2006 - 06:00 PM in General Nerf

If a NF, which reaches ~70ft easily has a muzzle velocity of ~50 MPH, then a dart from any gun will reach that speed at that distance from its maximum range, because the only factor that increases range from a nerf gun is muzzle velocity (as long as the same darts are used). For example, a titan's shot will be going ~50MPH when it is ~70ft away from its max range of ~200ft, which is at 130ft. This proves that there is an exponential decrease in the rate of deceleration of a nerf projectile until it reaches 0MPH and has stopped moving, becuase if it was a steady rate of deceleration, the dart would be moving at ~50MPH at ~160ft instead of ~130ft. This basically translates to, "The faster the dart is moving, the faster it will slow down." Here's a graph I made to help show it visually.
Posted Image
The combined set is the data from both tests combined together.

I don't really know how this can help us mod better, but i thaught I should share it anyway.

#77669 Crossfire Mod

Posted by Greek Assassin on 26 March 2006 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

Im gettin ~75 ft flat with 17/32 brass and a cut down rf20 spring. The only problem is that when you cock it alot, the area between your thumb and index finder gets sore.

#77506 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Greek Assassin on 25 March 2006 - 10:56 AM in Darts and Barrels

Also, the tagger darts have a slightly wider diameter than most FBR. If you find tagger stefans work well, try tighter brass. Thats what happened to me. My FBR fits perfect in 17/32 brass and is way to loose in 9/16.

#77469 C.s.h.g.

Posted by Greek Assassin on 24 March 2006 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

Actually, 20RPM is i shot every 3 seconds. 60 RPM is a shot a second.

#77468 Bbb Coupler Mod

Posted by Greek Assassin on 24 March 2006 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

How long is the barrel and what ranges are you getting? I have been experimenting with different barrel lengths on my BBB and am getting the best velocity with a 6 inch barrel.

#77452 Sledgehammer

Posted by Greek Assassin on 24 March 2006 - 09:22 PM in Homemades

I find micros to have more range, but megas to be more accurate, but thats just what I've seen with my darts.

#77447 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Greek Assassin on 24 March 2006 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

What a waste. Every nerf gun ever made, and not one modified.

#77168 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Greek Assassin on 21 March 2006 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

When using a longer than stock barell, the only way you can increase range and accuracy is by either using a ramrod and pushing the dart down, or by breach loading. If the dart stuck out of the front of a 12 inch barrel, it would only pass through 2" of the barell, negating any posotive effect of a longer barrel. If your dart cant fit down the barrel, you need piping with a larger ID.

#77143 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Greek Assassin on 21 March 2006 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Nice stock on the BBB. Is that PVC or CPVC?

#77042 New York Nerf War

Posted by Greek Assassin on 20 March 2006 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Where exactly will the war be? Im down in NYC so I cant make it if its up-state.

#76858 Hcml Breech Write-up

Posted by Greek Assassin on 19 March 2006 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

How are these "Magnum" stefans flying? I would assume that they would be more accurate than other darts on windy days. About how far are they shooting out of your titan?

#76855 Secret Shot Ii

Posted by Greek Assassin on 19 March 2006 - 12:32 PM in Modifications

When you say mega darts, do you mean nerf, or stefan darts?

#76852 Nitefinder Help

Posted by Greek Assassin on 19 March 2006 - 12:17 PM in Modifications

If the spring from the catch mechanism flew away, you need a replacement. Try using a spring from a click pen.

#76839 Nitefinder Help

Posted by Greek Assassin on 19 March 2006 - 10:22 AM in Modifications

Pics would help, but i assume you mean that you can't fit the catch mechanism into the gun casing. Make sure it is not backwards or upsidedown.

#76720 Nerf Warehouse

Posted by Greek Assassin on 18 March 2006 - 11:25 AM in General Nerf

Shwiftysidekick, unless you are shwifty's bitch, I doubt that you are anything more than another account made by shwifty. Anyone who would make a second account to back up his own point is a f***ing loser. And if you really are another person, get a new friend.

BTW: I voted yes to having you banned on that poll.

#76718 Super Soaker Mod

Posted by Greek Assassin on 18 March 2006 - 10:48 AM in Modifications

If you wanted a gun that could shoot close to 100', you should have gotten an AT-2K. They get close to that range with stefans, and only take 4-5 pumps. Althought this gun does look pretty cool, super soakers are not practicle in a nerf war. Most shots take place at less than 60' anyway.

#76717 My Maverick Mod.

Posted by Greek Assassin on 18 March 2006 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

I modded my nitefinder so that the air restrictors are removed, but it was louder.

Does this mod make the maverick louder?

When spring guns' restrictors are removed they are louder. I believe this is due to the fact that the restricters lower airflow to the barrel, building up pressure and slowing down the plunger, making the impact softer. If the gun is sealed right, then simply loading it with a dart should help. Unfortunately, it is very hard to seal the maverick well due to its turret design.

#76209 Ringing Guns

Posted by Greek Assassin on 14 March 2006 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

When you say 5 seconds, do you literally mean 5 mississippis?

#76208 New York Nerf War

Posted by Greek Assassin on 14 March 2006 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I could bring 3-4 people from NYC.

#76207 Favorite Baseball Team?

Posted by Greek Assassin on 14 March 2006 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

New York Yankees!
(I live in NY)

#76089 Tubing Problems

Posted by Greek Assassin on 13 March 2006 - 10:13 PM in General Nerf

Try using epoxy or plumer's goop. Dont be afraid to use massive amounts of glue. A leak the width of a human hair will still screw up the pressure seal.