Swords's Content

There have been 107 items by Swords (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#204483 Fotoshop.

Posted by Swords on 18 January 2009 - 04:49 PM in Off Topic

Where did I get that picture? Look around the internet, this site, other nerf forums such as NerfHQ. Shouldn't be that hard to find.

#204373 Fotoshop.

Posted by Swords on 18 January 2009 - 11:21 AM in Off Topic

I actually do not have photoshop yet. I use GIMP and Paint.net to do all my photo related work. I made this one a while ago with the intention of putting it up here. Here it is:
Posted Image
Anyone else into photoshop?

#198162 Martial Arts?

Posted by Swords on 22 December 2008 - 09:04 PM in Off Topic

I'm a black belt at every martial art not even created.

#197699 Are We Nerfers Nerdy?

Posted by Swords on 21 December 2008 - 10:29 AM in Off Topic

Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Call me nerdy, see if I care.

#197486 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Swords on 20 December 2008 - 02:44 PM in Off Topic

Any MMO player who knows what they're talking about probably has a lot of social interaction via their game of choice. This is also true of console games, but is forced with an MMO.

Sure, but where's talking about video games going to get you?

#197468 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Swords on 20 December 2008 - 01:59 PM in Off Topic

Personally, I have learned that video games are a big waste of time unless you play it with your friends (brawl). Seriously, in RPGs, you level up to a really high level and waste a whole bunch of time on it. It really doesn't help you in any way except a way to pass the time. If your playing with friends face to face, there's also communication and bonding involved. Don't stay inside wasting your life on a video game.

Go play a sport, Learn an instrument, mod a nerf gun. These things are much more worthy of your time.

You can learn a lot more by not playing video games.

Just my Posted Image

#197009 Reason I Hate The Ff

Posted by Swords on 18 December 2008 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

The ff is a great choice when it comes to indoor wars. It is not a maverick because it does not use a reverse plunger set-up. My ff has been able to hit 50' consistently.

About the seal. The ff seal is a great idea. Too bad they made it so poorly. Now if you are able to fix the seal from the plunger tube to the turret, that gives the ff everything you need for an indoor war. Good enough range, lots of darts that can be shot out faster than a mav, and a light for blinding people in the dark. What else could you want?

#189810 Double Ls?

Posted by Swords on 15 November 2008 - 11:25 AM in General Nerf

You might as well try just to carry two longshots in separate hands. I think that if you ever get this done, you'll need to minimize it, made the charging handles separate, and get the clips in the right place. Of course it will be nice when its done. But will you be able to run around with it?

#188996 Maverick Strike Fire Intigration Mod

Posted by Swords on 11 November 2008 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

Nice job. Is it comfortable? It seems like you would mostly be using the mav cause it's a lot easier to reach. I would have just put the crossfire on top using the clip, but its all your personal preference.

#188443 Macbook Or Dell

Posted by Swords on 09 November 2008 - 11:23 AM in Off Topic

If you really want something reliable and cheap, pick out your own hardware and install linux. Linux is a very powerful OS. Which is why it uses 6 installation disc rather than 1 for windows. Linux comes with all the software you will ever need. It is completely virus free. All you need to install a Linux is to download the OS for free, burn it, and install it. No need to worry about not being able to upgrade hardware.

#188358 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Swords on 08 November 2008 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

My friend sent me a nerf gun when we were little. We shot at each other around the house. Then one time we were playing, and pwnchu (don't know if any of you still remember him) had a modded BBB. I saw that and became inspired to mod my guns.

#188349 Macbook Or Dell

Posted by Swords on 08 November 2008 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

Reliability is mostly dependent on the hardware. Cause 90% of computer failures have something to do with the hardware. PC's are a hecka lot cheaper because Windows allowed their software to be installed onto hardware made by other companies. But Apple has to make everything by themselves so the price will skyrocket. Just find a computer with good hardware and then let your budget decide.

Your Dell will come with Windows Movie Maker.

#188343 Macbook Or Dell

Posted by Swords on 08 November 2008 - 10:16 PM in Off Topic

I would get a Dell desktop. I've had one for a very long time and its been awesome. I'm not sure about their laptops, but if you want a laptop, get an IBM thinkpad. Those are very nice and cheap. Pick one, and stick with it. If you try to switch between them, it will be an absolute nightmare. If you have more PC's at home, go with the Dell. If you have Mac's at home, go with mac.

#188328 Macbook Or Dell

Posted by Swords on 08 November 2008 - 09:29 PM in Off Topic

Dell. There are so much more free software out there for PC than Macs. Plus PC's come with windows movie maker which I can guarantee you that it is better than iMovie. Dell's will also be cheaper, more customizable, more upgradable. I would not get a Mac. Too much money, you can only do a limited amount of things.

Macs:
Pros:
  • nicer looking outer shell
  • Comes with a built in camera and microphone
  • More Portable
Cons:
  • Aluminum gets dented very easily
  • Not very upgradable or customizable
  • Gives you millions of headaches if you want to transfer files such as video from Mac to PC
  • Horrible cable type for outside moniters
  • Price is way to high
Dell:
Pros:
  • Very upgradable
  • More customizable
  • More reliable
  • Cheaper
Cons:
  • You need to know how to use it

#188215 Laptop Recomendation?

Posted by Swords on 08 November 2008 - 09:59 AM in Off Topic

I would advise not to go with x64. There are many things that won't work on it. My friend got one and his virus protection software wouldn't work. Really, there are very few times that you're going to need it. Plus it's going to be a monster of a price in a laptop.

I would recommend going with an IBM Lenovo. Those are very light, and they are pretty cheap. Of course, the outer shell has been compromised so it doesn't look that good on the outside. But these are durable. Link

#186945 Indoor Nerf

Posted by Swords on 01 November 2008 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

I've always played indoors. Even though sometimes we have up to 30-40 people, we have a really nice place to nerf. Our arena has lots of rooms and tricky things like that. I head shot someone from 5 feet away between the bookshelf and the wall.

#183805 L+l

Posted by Swords on 14 October 2008 - 08:34 PM in Homemades

Great Job! now to find a comfortable way of priming it.

Edit: I'm having difficulties with the links too. the PDF one sends me to a login page.

#181088 Ls Front Gun Improvement?

Posted by Swords on 02 October 2008 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

Integrate a SSPB.

#178009 Hacksaw?

Posted by Swords on 17 September 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

I use a coping saw too. Coping saws are cheaper, and they have more flexiblity. But I think that most people use the old hacksaw that they have in the garage.

#176726 Legaliallity Of Titans In Wars..

Posted by Swords on 11 September 2008 - 08:15 PM in General Nerf

Most of the time, singled titans without the pump plugged reach about 80-100, and if you really think of it, that is not that much more than say an angel longshot. Plus, if you use stock darts like I do, they are even less painful upon impact. The big disadvantage with the titan is the reload time. So I find that singled titans are allowed at the wars I go to because of how they are modded.

#176672 Legaliallity Of Titans In Wars..

Posted by Swords on 11 September 2008 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

It mostly depends on who is running the war and what the person thinks about your titan. The thing is, you should be able to slide it by as long as the pump isn't plugged.

#171982 Broken House Hold Items

Posted by Swords on 24 August 2008 - 09:12 AM in General Nerf

I have never broken anything. I just use my sister.

#171498 The Chimera (titan Rifle)

Posted by Swords on 22 August 2008 - 08:17 AM in Modifications

That is a beast. But is it awkward to pump?

#170608 I Really Need Help Here,

Posted by Swords on 19 August 2008 - 12:16 PM in General Nerf

Take a flathead screwdriver if you aren't already using one, and push down really hard and turn. I've always found that flathead screwdrivers are better. If you already are using a flathead screwdriver and it is striped, I don't know what to do besides the methods above.

#169177 Any Western Nerf Wars

Posted by Swords on 14 August 2008 - 04:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I've seen at least 5 topics like this. People asking for a western war. Why don't you go look for those topics, and PM people, and get together to nerf? All I've seen is people looking for wars but no one willing to start it. Don't ask for a war if you can't start it yourself.

#168720 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by Swords on 13 August 2008 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

This is amazing. How is the performance and reliability after this awesomeness mod?

#167231 Titan Modification

Posted by Swords on 07 August 2008 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

That. is. Awesome. Now you need to add some sights so its actually accurate to make up for the horrible reload time. Plus a sick paintjob and you got yourself a monster of a gun.

#167162 What Backgrounds Do You Use?

Posted by Swords on 07 August 2008 - 03:26 PM in Off Topic

I would post mine but I can't print the screen. I don't know how. If some one can help me I'll post it when I'm done.

There is a print screen button at the top right of your keyboard. Press that while you are holding control. Open Paint and paste it. Then Save.

#167145 What Backgrounds Do You Use?

Posted by Swords on 07 August 2008 - 02:40 PM in Off Topic

Here's Mine: I spent a lot of time getting matching icons and stuff.
Posted Image

#165500 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by Swords on 30 July 2008 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

StarFox is a great one. I really should go back and play it sometime.

#165489 New Game: Counter-terrorist

Posted by Swords on 30 July 2008 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

It looks very possible, but the rules are very complicated and it would cause a lot of arguing and confusion. Especially with the group I play with, you can't really do much more than respawn without people getting confused or breaking rules and saying, "I didn't know". So I think it would be a lot of fun, but please simplify the rules.

#164616 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Swords on 26 July 2008 - 09:27 AM in General Nerf

Heres what I did to mine. I believe it looks really nice.
Posted Image

#164615 Question On A Chain Gun

Posted by Swords on 26 July 2008 - 09:24 AM in General Nerf

Alrighty. Anyone know what the minor differences are?

I believe all thats different is that one has razorback written on it and one has razorbeast written on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they offended some high school called the razorbacks and was forced to change it.

#161064 Auto Grip Mod

Posted by Swords on 01 July 2008 - 08:17 AM in Modifications

Nice work! What's the comfort and accuracy from that gun? I might have to go pick one up.

#160345 Camping

Posted by Swords on 24 June 2008 - 10:43 PM in Off Topic

I like to have matches or some kind of fire starter. It really helps for cooking and campfires. Other than that, that is a nicely thought out, put together list.

#159943 Paintable, Sandable Substance

Posted by Swords on 22 June 2008 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

I've heard bondo does a good job.

#159903 Sn*pers Aren't Losers!

Posted by Swords on 21 June 2008 - 11:32 AM in Site Feedback

losers are losers. They're the ones that always piss people off at Nerf wars. They're the ones that take the fun out of the game. They just camp at one spot waiting for someone to show up someplace and they have their 150 feet Big Blast just aimed there. The fun of nerf is running, dodging, jumping, chasing, rolling, farting, kicking, sweating, flying, shooting, charging with all you got. Not just sitting in one place. Plus, if you try to sn*ipe in wars, it's very hard to hit someone. losers ARE losers who are too chicken to run and kill.

#159837 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Swords on 20 June 2008 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

Looking into the back of the plunger chamber, stock, you see the first part of the AR which you need to dremel out. Would it hurt to just cut the three tiny things connecting it to the outer wall? Thanks

From your description, that's basically how you get the AR out.

#159390 Show Off Your Guns!

Posted by Swords on 16 June 2008 - 06:35 PM in Site Feedback

I don't know if I want to show the world how big MY GUNS are.

#158401 Velcro Micros With Other Guns?

Posted by Swords on 08 June 2008 - 09:22 AM in General Nerf

Just to let you know, taggers, (velcro darts) don't work in the firefly unless you remove the orange piece on the turret.

...Or you could trim the foam ends of the darts off. But then again, I really don't think its worth it.
By that I mean not cut it off, but cut off a small section.

After you remove the air restrictors there are no problems firing taggers.