hcat625's Content

There have been 42 items by hcat625 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#361120 How much would a NIB Barricade cost?

Posted by hcat625 on 29 July 2017 - 01:04 PM in General Nerf

How much would a NIB barricade cost, I got one and I was wondering how much I could sell it for.

#360730 Quick catch mechanism question

Posted by hcat625 on 23 June 2017 - 09:12 AM in Modifications

Ok, so I've recently upgraded my Longshot to a ~6.5-8kg spring. To handle the increase in spring power, I added two extra springs to the stock catch. It catches fine, but I am encountering what may or may not be an issue. So the prime weight is fine, but when I get to the last cm or draw stroke, I kind of have to force it back with some more pressure. I'm assuming this is because of the extra catch springs, causing more downwards force. Thus me having to force it back more. Is this normal for blasters with a stronger catch? Also, will this eventually break the stock catch mechanism?

Thanks
Bubba

I do not know if it will break the original catch but I think it is totally not a problem. 

#360635 OMW EAT kit

Posted by hcat625 on 18 June 2017 - 12:48 PM in Modifications

I believe you are mistaken, epoxying the priming bar means building an epoxy channel around the priming bar that connects the pump grip to the bolt sled to prevent it from flexing under the load needed to prime a higher than 5kg spring.

Do you have a guide on how to do this with pictures?

#360562 OMW EAT kit

Posted by hcat625 on 13 June 2017 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

You do not need to reinforce anything except the priming bar by epoxying it in place and use a stronger catch.

Are trying to troll me? Why the f would I epoxy the priming bar in place?

#360491 Magnus + Retaliator Catch spring

Posted by hcat625 on 11 June 2017 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

I'm not 100% sure on this, but the catch spring may not be the issue. The Magnus spring's diameter may be too large, thus interfering with the actual catch. When you prime it back, the spring may be binding with the catch, not allowing the blaster to properly prime. Watch a "can it take a [k26]" vid on the retaliator if you don't get what I'm saying.
Otherwise, pen springs make a good addition to the stock catch for more power.

Do you have a solution to this magnus spring binding to the catch? Do you have any recommendations on the pens for the catch?

#360487 Magnus + Retaliator Catch spring

Posted by hcat625 on 10 June 2017 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

So I wanted an extra power boost for my retaliator so I added a cut down Magnus spring. When I pull back to prime it doesn't catch, presumably because the catch spring is too weak. Does anyone know what I can get a spring from that will work for this spring combination?

#360458 (WA) Nerf war at woodland park

Posted by hcat625 on 09 June 2017 - 09:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I try to host monthly so I hope you can make it to One. Also I suggest you join Pacific West North Nerf (pwnn) and Olympia Foam Society in Facebook. I'm the only one from either who posts to nerfhaven so you are missing out on a lot of wars

Doesn't green spike post these wars too? I've been to a couple wars, Fort Borst 2 and 3 and WINshington 1 and 2. I also check PWNN and I am in OFS

#360449 (WA) Nerf war at woodland park

Posted by hcat625 on 08 June 2017 - 07:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Dang, my party is on that day. Wish I could come to the one that is actually close to me!

#360428 OMW EAT kit

Posted by hcat625 on 07 June 2017 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

Since they are discontinued, you can't buy them anymore (notice the word discontinued?). The manufacturer (OMW) no longer produces these kits; therefore making it hard to find them new and in box. You can try EBay or kijiji, but don't be surprised if the prices are inflated.

Why have they stopped making them? The blaster isn't discontinued.

#360424 OMW EAT kit

Posted by hcat625 on 07 June 2017 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

So, I was thinking about buying a NIB EAT, and I will want some reinforcements for it because I have an 8kg retaliator/rampage/eat spring and it would break easily. So my first idea is to buy an OMW kit but they are both discontinued. Does anyone know where to get them?

#360368 Nerf Thrifting Tips

Posted by hcat625 on 05 June 2017 - 08:29 AM in General Nerf

Ok, I just got back from another goodwill and they had no Nerf blasters; is this normal for goodwills? I've already went to two, and never saw a Nerf blaster. However, the one that I went to today had some weird knockoff gun. Hopefully my community's garage sale day on the 10th will prove more productive. I really need that Longshot...
Thank for the tips so far... Are there any other pointers for finding a specific blaster when thrifting?
Thanks all

I find it quite common for goodwill to have little or none nerf blasters. Don't worry you just can't give up.

#360367 Nerf Retaliator Reinforcements.

Posted by hcat625 on 05 June 2017 - 08:26 AM in Modifications

attachicon.gifimage.jpg
The back part where the spring rests. Sorry if the picture is a little blurry...

The picture is fine, thanks.

#360328 Nerf Retaliator Reinforcements.

Posted by hcat625 on 04 June 2017 - 09:08 AM in Modifications

You most certainly have to reinforce or buy a replacement boltsled. Try something similar to Tantum Bull's longshot sled reinforcements (wire), or oznerf's sheet aluminium method. I actually do not know 100% if this method will work on the retaliator (since the clearance between the Darttooth guide thingys and boltsled are very limited), but it's worth a try. If you choose the safer path, then an aftermarket sled is sold by orangemodworks in their retaliator stage 2 kit.
Other then the boltsled, you should reinforce the back spring rest area. This can be done with epoxy putty, or machining your own metal spring rest (like the OMW one). I'd use the epoxy putty since it's easier. You just apply it on the plastic that supports the spring. Otherwise, the force of a 8kg spring will crack that plastic.
For the plunger assembly, pad the plunger and reinforce the plunger rod. Reinforcing the plunger rod can
be done by taking some small gauge steel wire, and epoxying them in the grooves of the rod. Plunger padding should be a rubber washer, or foam rubber. Foam will be destroyed under the force of that heavy of a spring.

Happy modding. :)
Bubba

Which back spring rest area? Could you show me a picture?

#360297 [WA] The Battle of Fort Borst III - June 4th 2017

Posted by hcat625 on 02 June 2017 - 06:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh ok. I never knew such a cool nerf haven dude lived in wa.

#360295 Nerf Retaliator Reinforcements.

Posted by hcat625 on 02 June 2017 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

So I am thinking about buying an 8kg or 10kg nerf turf retaliator spring but it says that I might need reinforcements, what reinforcements would these be? I googled it but none of them came up with actually retaliator reinforcements to do when upgrade the spring.

#360293 [WA] The Battle of Fort Borst III - June 4th 2017

Posted by hcat625 on 02 June 2017 - 05:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Just a reminder, this thing is happening on SUNDAY!  I won't be able to attend, but the last one was a blast, so you should go.  Yes you.  You know who you are.

Who exactly were you at the borst 2, I would like to know.

#360152 The Friday Night Trooper Blues

Posted by hcat625 on 27 May 2017 - 09:47 AM in Modifications

My friend had this problem with his recon mk 2 but he did not mod it.

#359970 Tape/paper barrel theory

Posted by hcat625 on 17 May 2017 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

And I just bought a foot of 9/16 and 17/32 brass... Also try making a super long barrel to make something for 50' normal hit like 100'.

#359968 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by hcat625 on 16 May 2017 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

That would last a long time, especially with that low spring load. Mine was 16kg. Don't quote me on that.

#359953 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by hcat625 on 16 May 2017 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

If your bolt sled is just or the same as stock or stronger than stock it should be good for around 35-50 shots. Mine lasted a while before it broke but Idk actually how many shots it fired though.

#359893 [WA] The Battle of Fort Borst III - June 4th 2017

Posted by hcat625 on 13 May 2017 - 08:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes.. Perfect, my longshot should be done by then.

#359867 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by hcat625 on 12 May 2017 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

No you cannot, just buy an aftermarket one. Anyways, I don't think you want a boltsled that can't handle anything over 3kg... Also, why didn't you just reinforce your original copy? Buying an aftermarket one is the best option.

Can we please get this topic back on track?

I didn't reinforce it because I didn't know that my original one would break. Also ok I'll just find another bolt sled seller.

#359848 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by hcat625 on 12 May 2017 - 08:30 AM in Modifications

If it broke once it's probably gonna break again in the future. Buy an upgraded metal boltsled.

Not necessarily if I can reinforce it with steel then it probably won't break.

Yes, I will be adding another catch spring to the stock one. Upon doing more research, I figured out that the spring retainer should not be under too much stress. It would be the actual shell. Is that correct? In that case, why do people sell metal spring retainers and stuff?
Basically, what do I need to reinforce.

Can I buy your old bolt sled, mine broke and I need another.

#359841 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by hcat625 on 11 May 2017 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

The plunger tube should be fine although you always should pad it. I did 2 felt lairs and one furniture foot non-scrape floor thing and my bolt sled still broke first. When putting the mickey mouse plate back on you might cross thread something so I am going to buy the metal one from artifact off monkee mods so it won't break when threading on and off.

#359817 Sleeper Breech Longshot

Posted by hcat625 on 10 May 2017 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

Can I run stefans in a longshot with this breech without any problems in this without doing anything different?

#359762 LS Noise Reduction

Posted by hcat625 on 08 May 2017 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

Wait what do we mean by making a longshot with no boltsled?

USER WAS SUSPENDED FOR 1 DAY FOR THIS POST.

This topic has been inactive since 2014.

#359609 Sleeper Breech Longshot

Posted by hcat625 on 01 May 2017 - 08:54 AM in Modifications

I think it is outer diameter.

Thank you

#359596 Sleeper Breech Longshot

Posted by hcat625 on 30 April 2017 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Is the 9/16 and 17/32 brass size inner or outer diameter?

#359432 Longshot Mod Guide

Posted by hcat625 on 25 April 2017 - 09:21 AM in Modifications

Thanks!

#359324 Longshot Mod Guide

Posted by hcat625 on 19 April 2017 - 07:37 PM in Modifications

thx bubba and the problem was when I looked up mod guides all of them were not good for my problems

#359316 Longshot stage 3 kit?

Posted by hcat625 on 19 April 2017 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

Does anyone know of cheaper options?

#359313 Longshot Mod Guide

Posted by hcat625 on 18 April 2017 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Does anyone have a good nerf longshot cs-6 mod guide for spring upgrading, a video guide would be more helpful but I can use a article. I can't figure how to get my nerf turf 16kg spring to work in my longshot. My problems are the front thingy that locks the bolt pops up and the bolt won't go all the way foward and it won't catch yet I have the new and old catch spring (I know the spring strength isn't the problem). Thanks for who ever can help.

#359273 Longshot plunger tube.

Posted by hcat625 on 16 April 2017 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Does anyone know of a way to reinforce the longshot cs-6 plunger tube and plunger head. I recently bought a 16kg longshot spring so I am going to really need this.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

THANKS FOR THE COGENT AND COHESIVE SENTENCE. MAYBE TRY A LITTLE HARDER THAN "NOT AT ALL" TO MAKE IT READABLE

#359225 Longshot Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by hcat625 on 13 April 2017 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know good ways to reinforce a longshot plunger tube and plunger head because I got a 16kg spring and its definitely gonna need a reinforcement.

#359123 My strongarms cylinder pop out won't work.

Posted by hcat625 on 09 April 2017 - 08:36 AM in Modifications

woah woah woah.

First, the air restrictor isnt a good thing to remove here! That thing isn't really an air restrictor and if you damage the foam on the head of the tube, then you're screwed. Show a picture of the general area where it seems to be getting stuck.

Second, define "pop out is not working". Is the cylinder getting stuck on something? Is it not moving at all? Depending on how you removed the dart pegs, you may have left some burrs that are catching on the shell. You have to sand those down or they will snag and make the cylinder ejection (pop out) harder.

I already removed the air restrictor so that sucks, but it pops out a tiny bit but for now I need to get home where this blaster is because I am on  on vacation

#359031 Does anyone know of an adapter that can screw onto a titan?

Posted by hcat625 on 04 April 2017 - 04:42 PM in Modifications

There are multiple things referred to, there. Could you be more specific?  I usually charge $6 plus shipping for a rocket barrel.

You answered my question I will definetly think about buying one of those!

#359011 Does anyone know of an adapter that can screw onto a titan?

Posted by hcat625 on 03 April 2017 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

I can print one of them and ship it to you, or I also make PVC versions which are stronger.  Normally as complete replacement barrels to work with my rockets, but I could also build adapters to fit multi-barrel shells or whatever.Hi

How much would one of these cost?

#359004 My strongarms cylinder pop out won't work.

Posted by hcat625 on 03 April 2017 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

It is the air restrictor, if your going to remove the dart pegs in a revolver, you have to remove the air restrictor. It could also be a broken pop out mechanism, but it's probably the air restrictor.

Could I do something else because I heard that removing air restricter can break the blaster

#358990 My strongarms cylinder pop out won't work.

Posted by hcat625 on 02 April 2017 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know how to make this work, all I did is remove the dart pegs to make it compatible with stefans. It does pop out a tiny bit I'm guessing it's the air restrictor but idk I would prefer not to have to remove them. Here is the picture and yes I know that it does not have the barrel thingy. Thank you for whoever can help!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 9.13.52 PM.png

#358978 PaNWar 1.0 - Aiming to be the largest war in the Northwest!

Posted by hcat625 on 01 April 2017 - 10:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I know the war date has passed but can we make another one?