acumen101's Content

There have been 39 items by acumen101 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#87526 Electronics + Nerf

Posted by acumen101 on 15 August 2006 - 11:33 AM in General Nerf

Here's another idea for you. The Longshot has no way for you to know how many shots are in a clip. They put that simple indicator to tell you when the gun is primed, but nothing to show you the clip count. That wold be very useful to me. I've seen plenty of people at the last war I attended dry-firing, not knowing they weren't shooting anything in the heat of the moment. Even if it was a simple tone that went off or a light to say that the clip was empty. That would be extremely beneficial.

A way you could set up a full/empty clip indicator would be to have a set of green and red LEDs to indicate full/empty clip. In the clip, you attach some sort of contact that attaches to the bottom of the clip and would make contact with the main assembly to indicate an empty clip. To summarize, when the bottom of the inside of the clip does not make contact with the main assembly, then green LED is on (full clip). When the bottom of the inside of the clip DOES make contact with the main assembly, then the red LED is on (empty clip).

#87502 Dart Style Preference

Posted by acumen101 on 15 August 2006 - 07:15 AM in General Nerf

Sorry for the lack of forethough, guys. I don't know how to fix the poll, but it sounds like stefans are kicking ass. I don't have a favorite, to be frank. The way I see it, suctions are good for target pratice (staying where you shot them, to see if you're on target), sonics are good for psychological attack, and stefans are good for stealth/modded weapons.

#87430 Longshot Forward Handle Removal

Posted by acumen101 on 14 August 2006 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

I know you removed the handle and all, but I barely remember someone, who just got a Longshot when they were leaked. What they did was put a piece of paper in the gun and had the handle removable whenever they wanted. I know this sounds sketcy, but it's been a while since I intensely surfed the forums. Just giving you something to look for. When I get my LS, I'll see what I can do.

#87427 Dart Style Preference

Posted by acumen101 on 14 August 2006 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

Ok, there are three major types of darts: suction, sonic, and stephans. Who here prefers what?

#86655 Longshot Magazine Question

Posted by acumen101 on 06 August 2006 - 08:03 PM in General Nerf

ok, I don't have a longshot yet, but while I'm mindful of the Longshot, I was wondering if anyone still has their ordering form from the gun? I was wondering if you can order more magazines and ammo from Hasbro. Thank you.

#86606 Any Maverick Semi Auto Mods Out There?

Posted by acumen101 on 05 August 2006 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=4601&hl=

This was Rusty's failed attempt at an A2K semi-auto integration, hope this helps somewhat.

Meiser--- :D

I already checked it out; it didn't give step by step and too cumbersome to attempt what he did. I did say I was looking for functional mods, but I appreciate the suggestion anyways.

#86600 Any Maverick Semi Auto Mods Out There?

Posted by acumen101 on 05 August 2006 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Ok, I've searched the forums, did a Google search, and can't find anything about a functional Maverick semi auto mod. The closest thing I came to was dual wielding and using them to prime each other. I was wondering if anyone was working on such a mod. If so, feel free to post.

#86174 Rpr Turned B.a.r. Finished Edition

Posted by acumen101 on 31 July 2006 - 11:52 AM in Modifications

Before there's more bashing about, just remember to orange up the tip of the gun so that if a cop sees you with it, you don't want to be shot now, do you?

#85690 Yet Another Longshot Topic

Posted by acumen101 on 25 July 2006 - 07:19 AM in General Nerf

Woke up too damn early for my usual regiment, but I was conscious enough to do a Google/Froogle search for a Nerf Longshot, and I share unto the collective my results:

http://www.google.co...=nerf long shot
http://www.kidsurplu...m/hsb61983.html

#85389 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by acumen101 on 20 July 2006 - 08:39 AM in General Nerf

Anyone here know where I can get a Longshot either on the 'net or on the east coast (specifically in the Massachusetts area)? I've looked and can't find one.

#64569 Your Armory

Posted by acumen101 on 29 September 2005 - 01:45 PM in General Nerf

This is what I have...

Nerf Ballzooka (the one with the 5 rotating chambers, 3 balls per chamber; not the mechanical one)

Maverick

FireFly

Atom Blasters Reactor

I also have 2 old nerf guns, not sure on the official name of them, but they're a long pink tube with an orange handle; holds 4 balls in the chamber. Got 2 of those, thanks to when Parker Brothers (when they started the Nerf line) had a factory in my home town and gave those away during city events.

None of these are modded, except for some duct tape on the grips. I know it does not sound like much of a collection, but just enough to go against the rest of my IT peers.

#64462 My Gun Design

Posted by acumen101 on 27 September 2005 - 06:57 PM in General Nerf

enh...it looks ok, but if I had my call on a gun, I'd have a belt/clip-fed system and semi auto capabilities. The real question about the gun is that would the darts stay in the barrel if you pointed it down? I'm more of a functionality over form type, but I don't put form last.

#64432 Buzz Bee Question

Posted by acumen101 on 27 September 2005 - 07:19 AM in General Nerf

I wanted to know where I could buy one of the Rapid Fire Rifles. I'm sans wheels, so the internet is my only storefront. I've done as much window shopping as possible, but no dice. I'm also looking for a Vortex FireStorm, but I'm being outbid like hell on eBay.

#64301 Buzz Bee Question

Posted by acumen101 on 25 September 2005 - 10:13 AM in General Nerf

Does anyone know anything about the Triple Mech Blaster or the Rapid Fire Rifle by Buzz Bee? I found the Triple Mech Blaster, but no real helpful info (select ammo type or all at once); Can't find the Rapid Fire Rifle at all.

#50425 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by acumen101 on 24 March 2005 - 08:31 AM in General Nerf

Just out of curiousity, did you discuss with Hasbro the possibility of setting up an online shop from their site? Toys R Us is going bust, K mart is on it's way out, and who can really trust Wal-Mart/Target to deliver on Nerf guns?

#50025 Maveric Rev-6 Mod

Posted by acumen101 on 19 March 2005 - 11:52 AM in Modifications

1313, do you have a pic of your brass-esque mod?

#49999 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by acumen101 on 18 March 2005 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

I agree Lemmy. How about integrating a Vortex blaster with a dart launcher in the inner part of the gun?

#49998 Maveric Rev-6 Mod

Posted by acumen101 on 18 March 2005 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

One thing I think we can all agree on is putting Duct Tape (one of the best fix-alls) around the grip of the gun. This is minor, but at least it increases the level of "hold" we have on the gun.

Also, I'm thinking of adding some copper tubing at the end nozzle to make it more like a rifle, but it would make it look more like an elongated rifle.

#49986 Maverick Internals

Posted by acumen101 on 18 March 2005 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

Pardon being a noob, but what effect does brass tubing have when used in a Nerf gun? Also, does anyone have a pic/design as to how increase accuracy/range of the Maverick? But just an idea...can the priming of the gun take off of the rotating barrel action instead of the main grey priming mechanism? This would make the Maverick semi automatic.

#49830 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by acumen101 on 16 March 2005 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

thank you very much

#49770 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by acumen101 on 16 March 2005 - 10:39 AM in General Nerf

Pardon my ignorance, what is the firefly? is it something new?

#49768 Ammo Compatability Issue

Posted by acumen101 on 16 March 2005 - 10:16 AM in General Nerf

Just out of curiousity, is the new green nerf ball ammo compatable with guns that use the old yellow ball nerf ammo?

#49727 Direct From Buzzbee!

Posted by acumen101 on 15 March 2005 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

what sucks even more is that the k mart I had around here closed a couple months ago. Why don't these companies sell their stuff online directly?

#49726 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by acumen101 on 15 March 2005 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

I have some questions for Hasbro:

Why do you not sell your products online and only offer a form I have to mail in order to get refils?

Why did you buy out Koosh's series of airfoil guns, which have more range and more accurate, but don't make any of these type of guns?

#49677 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 15 March 2005 - 03:10 PM in General Nerf

got a reply today from Hasbro. The usual "can't accept your unsolicited responce due to legal reasons". That's life.

#49586 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by acumen101 on 14 March 2005 - 12:21 PM in General Nerf

Tinkerer, please pardon my noob status, but what is the NIC?

#49585 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 14 March 2005 - 12:15 PM in General Nerf

Shindig, thank you for your forgiveness. I will do my best to uphold the code of conduct.

#49579 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by acumen101 on 14 March 2005 - 08:40 AM in General Nerf

does anyone know if there are any internet stores out there specializing in nerf or nerf-type weaponry? I'm sick and tired of being outbid on eBay and only getting refill order forms from Hasbro.

#49578 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by acumen101 on 14 March 2005 - 08:30 AM in General Nerf

Hello. I'm the newbie who made the "what I sent to Hasbro" thread. I appologise for sending what I did to Hasbro, starting that thread, and not posting my ideas here first. I believe this is the least I can do to atone for my stupidity. Also, if anyone is reading this, I have my suggestions in that thread.

#49576 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 14 March 2005 - 08:13 AM in General Nerf

A thought just occured to me. If a mod series does happen, why can't we modify the mods they put out?

#49575 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 14 March 2005 - 08:06 AM in General Nerf

man...I feel like a total loser now. ^_^ If you feel it nessacary, you can kill my membership.

#49561 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 13 March 2005 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

This doesn't have anything to do with the thread, really, but I just thought of it...

"The amount of fun a thing is is directly proportional to the size of its warning label"

#49556 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 13 March 2005 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

I was googling recently and found a mod article on this site. It stated that the SM5k was ahead of it's time and pretty good. Why not bring the idea back?

#49554 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 13 March 2005 - 09:10 PM in General Nerf

to be honest, I'm not sure. I know that its involved in rocket science and jet propulsion. as I stated in it, I was writing it when I was on a writing binge.

#49549 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by acumen101 on 13 March 2005 - 08:17 PM in General Nerf

Hello all

I was thinking earlier today, viewing mods on various Nerf sites, and an idea came to me. Why not have Nerf make modular weapons? like making a mod they can market that can make a pistol into a rifle, dart shotgun into a bazooka, etc.

Here's what I sent....

To whom it may concern,

My name is (blah). I am admirer of the Nerf Blaster line of toys since the old Parker Brothers yellow ball blaster rifles were made in (blah) at the old Parker Brothers factory in (blah). I am not sure if you are aware, but there is an online community of Nerf Blaster enthusiasts. Some of these enthusiasts have took it upon themselves to modify Nerf Blasters, and a good portion of them are at least high school/college graduates (myself included). If you are wondering why you have an older croud, it's that Nerf Blasters make a good stress reliever in an office. Anyway, my point is that it would be great if you create a line of Nerf Blasters that have interchangable components. Components that are interchangable could be ammunition types (plunger/sonic darts), barrel sizes (pistol-to-rifle), loading style (manual single shot, rotating barrel like the Maverick, a clip/magazine/shells that can be manually loaded), firing rate (semi automatic like the Maverick, or full automatic like the HORNET AS-6 component of the Nerf N-Strike 3-in-1 blaster system). I know I am no propultion/fuladic dynamics engineer, but having this kind of setup would be very cool and unique. This kind of system would also reusability of future Nerf Blasters, if reverse compatability is factored in with future blaster models/systems. It will also prevent some dangerous modifications from occuring. I hope you take this idea under consideration and anticipate its implementation.

I should've posted it here first, asking for any suggestions, but I was in the zone in my head.

If anyone in here works for Hasbro or knows someone, can they pass this along?
Pretty please?

#49548 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by acumen101 on 13 March 2005 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

yeah, it was the sawtooth, but I have no idea what the EE is. Some bad news is that I lost the bid on the shotgun, but some good news is that I found something today...2 old school nerf ball rifles; 4 yellow balls shoot from it and are fired from it by pulling on the real plunger and pushing it in. Plus, I'm thinking of starting a new thread on here. Look for my screen name on here.

#49504 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by acumen101 on 13 March 2005 - 12:45 PM in General Nerf

First off, thank you very much parmaster. Second, I just got a Maverick today and I like it. Better than an old nerf gun I had, which was loaded with a 5 round clip, but I forgot the name if it.

#49318 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by acumen101 on 11 March 2005 - 08:42 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for the info. Haven't found anything yet; google, yahoo, ebay,... nothing. But I won't give up hope. BTW, does anyone have a link to a pic of this gun so I know it when I see it? Thanks.

#49291 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by acumen101 on 10 March 2005 - 09:08 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone know where I can find this shotgun online? At least... THE NAME OF THIS GUN??? I miss the good ol' days when the Parker Brother's manufacturing plant was in my back yard and I could get all kind of good stuff when it came out (for a good price).