myvenom's Content

There have been 10 items by myvenom (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#357319 XP180 shaft question

Posted by myvenom on 26 December 2016 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

The guys over on reddit said it shouldn't be a problem since you have grub screws to hold the flywheels in place. But for those of you wanting to run them you're better off going thru blastertech. They're more expensive but basically come like the hellcat pictured.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0018.JPG

#357317 XP180 shaft question

Posted by myvenom on 26 December 2016 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

I bought a pair of XP180s off eBay with the little gears on them and thought I'd just pull them off with a pair of pliers. Just looked closer at them and the shafts are shorter than the hellcats. Are they usable for flywheels or should I return them? I was planning on using them in the red artifact cage with the blue alloy flywheels. TIA

#357281 Stryfe Extended Mag Release

Posted by myvenom on 22 December 2016 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

I like it better than the stock ones. I have some metal triggers and mag releases ordered to see which I like better.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0016.JPG

#357280 Best motors for a rapidstrike on 3S Lipo?

Posted by myvenom on 22 December 2016 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

I know you said 130 only, but I used all Hellcats on my Rapidstrike and they're the nuts.
Flywheels rev up in about 150ms and the pusher cycle takes about 110ms.
Dynamic braking is also great. No pusher overshoot at all and flywheels come to a complete stop in about 100ms.
The motors don't really protrude too far through the shell. You could patch the holes with some styrene if you don't have access to a 3d printer.

This! I initially bought rhinos to put in mine and changed my mind and ordered the hellcats and will just use a rhino for the pusher. I think on my next rapidstrike I'm gonna try the Xtreme 180s.

#357224 Best motors for a rapidstrike on 3S Lipo?

Posted by myvenom on 19 December 2016 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

I think blastertech rates the MTB Rhinos on a 3s lipo at 10 dps. Probably your best bet for 130 motors is to get three of them.

Edit: they have them at 9 dps so if you need it over 10 dps get a honey badger for the pusher motor.

http://www.blasterte...3_13607466.aspx

#357209 Hyperfire Battery Question

Posted by myvenom on 18 December 2016 - 02:02 PM in Modifications

Don't buy normal rechargeable batteries. Your performance will suck. The easiest thing for you to do is but a set of Efest IMR batteries, a couple dummy batteries, and AA to D converters. Then run 2 IMR and 2 dummies. The IMR batteries are rechargeable but are 3.7V each so they'll give you a nice little boost in performance.

#357127 Top 5 best springers for Nerf wars

Posted by myvenom on 13 December 2016 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

As far as stock blasters go, I find the Rotofury hard to beat. Plus it's not as expensive or as difficult to mod as the long shot.

#357114 Preview: Rapidstrike Electronic Fire System

Posted by myvenom on 12 December 2016 - 01:58 PM in Modifications

Ok this I way cooler than the rapidstrike I'm working on. Like Nerfgeek I'm not not this advanced yet. Nice job man.

#357105 Flywheels

Posted by myvenom on 12 December 2016 - 09:46 AM in Modifications

Good call on gluing the screws down. I really don't want to wreck anything. I was hoping to hit 130+ fps so I appreciate the info. I'm waiting on a huge order from Taobao and the 180 cover from the U.K. so I'm just painting the blaster now and will probably play with my wiring while I wait. I'll post once I get the order and get it assembled. I might even have to buy a chrono to see what's safe to shoot the wife with lol.

#357101 Flywheels

Posted by myvenom on 11 December 2016 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Hey I'm fairly new to nerf, 1 month, but find the mods very interesting and find myself researching all the time. Anyways, I've done a full Stryfe gut job with honey badgers, 2s lipo, voltmeter, paint, etc. and a Modulus ECS-10 with rhinos and a 3s. I'm tackling a rapidstrike next and kinda want to go all out on it. I'm going with Hellcats with a HB pusher and a graphene 3s and going to try and control rate of fire with a pwm. I ordered a couple of the red artifact flywheel cages and a couple sets of those blue alloy flywheels with the diagonal grips. Basically my question is, has anyone run those new flywheels and what is your impressions on them?