Lordtac's Content

There have been 17 items by Lordtac (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#359719 Nerf Vulcan Modification (Help)

Posted by Lordtac on 06 May 2017 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Update: It finally came off thanks to vaan's advice, even after boiling it for 3 minutes it took a significant amount of force to dislodge. Time to complete this upgrade!

I'm going to use JB weld in the teeth and around the outside to ensure a good strong bond, I'll let it set and harden until tomorrow night then put it all back together.

#359718 Nerf Vulcan Modification (Help)

Posted by Lordtac on 06 May 2017 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

I'll try this right now, thank you.

#359710 Nerf Vulcan Modification (Help)

Posted by Lordtac on 06 May 2017 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Update: I'm convinced that it is glued or welded in place, I just attempted to punch it out using a vice and a hammer, I damaged the T connector slightly but it can still perform its function.

#359709 Nerf Vulcan Modification (Help)

Posted by Lordtac on 06 May 2017 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

So I'm modifying a Nerf Vulcan to increase its fire-rate and all of that good fun. but I am running into a serious problem that I am having trouble fixing and I am getting concerned that I might render my gun useless if I don't do this properly.

I'm about half-way into completing the modification and I've now reached the slip clutch. This little gizmo is responsible for rotating the belt feed to ensure that the next dart feeds in, however it is has a safety in it to prevent it from "Force Feeding" and damaging itself. Whenever it tries to feed and too much force is applied to it, it "Slips" and does not feed instead.

For anyone that's ever done anything with the vulcan or havok fire (even the old maverick) this is really bad.

My problem is I need to disassemble it and I can't find a way in. The only method I know how to get in is to pry off the T shaped end cap (Part 1 in the picture), but it simply WILL NOT MOVE. It feels like its glued.

Any suggestions?

For reference here is the diagram of the part in question.

moZSYxB.jpg?1jRsMcXK.jpg

#358296 Nerf at Night (Sav, Ga, 03/06)

Posted by Lordtac on 28 February 2017 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

will do

#358262 Nerf at Night (Sav, Ga, 03/06)

Posted by Lordtac on 27 February 2017 - 05:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I have, I intended to post this there as well but I figured most of them already look at NERF haven. unfortunately a great deal of our club can't make it to Atlanta (around 20 people actively playing NERF now)

#358137 Nerf at Night (Sav, Ga, 03/06)

Posted by Lordtac on 22 February 2017 - 12:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello everyone, I'm the president of the Armstrong Gamers Guild. I've noticed that NERF in the Savannah area seems to be for the most part non-existent. However our club here on campus has slowly but surely gotten more and more interested in the game.

I'm aware that many people who might be interested by reading this post may not be students. All you need to be concerned about is getting a parking pass from me or my officers when you park. Beyond that all of the below rules apply.

Our exact address is Savannah Ga Arts Dr. (or just look for the Armstrong campus on google maps.) This is the first NERF contest we've run and we are hoping to get some good feed-back and turn out.

Nerfat_Night.png

#358132 Can we post P2P events?

Posted by Lordtac on 22 February 2017 - 09:59 AM in Site Feedback

Hello, I'm rather new around these parts but I have an event for my college in which players will pay (a small amount) to participate. Am I allowed to advertise this event here in the standard NERF-wars board?

#357933 Stryfe Motors & Voltage

Posted by Lordtac on 11 February 2017 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

So its been a few weeks now, and I said I would update. I'm still waiting on the motors I order over a week ago. So no progress.

#357720 Stryfe Motors & Voltage

Posted by Lordtac on 28 January 2017 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

I was actually just looking at the honeybadger at work and didn't see this one. Thank you very much. I'll update the original post to reflect what I decided.

#357715 Stryfe Motors & Voltage

Posted by Lordtac on 28 January 2017 - 09:27 AM in Modifications

Aw I see, Taking that into account could you recommend a motor for the strife duke?

#357705 Stryfe Motors & Voltage

Posted by Lordtac on 26 January 2017 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

Yes upon inspection of this post (Thank you shand) I've narrowed it down to over volting. I pushed it way to hard. My next test will be with 2 new motors and 2 ultrafires with 2 dummy cells for safety.

According to my other research I've noticed that configuration matters. two parallel batteries will create more voltage with the same amperage while two batteries in series will allow more amperage at lower voltage.

#357703 Stryfe Motors & Voltage

Posted by Lordtac on 26 January 2017 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Hello everyone. So I'm posting because I've run into a problem that I'm sure most other Modders will eventually run into at one point or another. So I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and make a helpful post for both me and others.

A month ago I changed out my Stryfe motors for these https://www.pololu.com/product/611known as the Solarbotics RM2

Today I received some batteries I ordered from wish (I'm sure you know where this is going by now) and installed them. (4 of them)

Here is the motors reference information.

Name: Solarbotics RM2

Form Factor: 130mm

Volts tolerance:9v max

Max amps draw: 300mA

Here is the batteries reference information.

Name: UltraFire 14500 Rechagable Lithium AA Battery 1200mAh 3.7V

Form Factor: AA

Amps: 1200mAh

Volts: 3.7v

I got them running for about a total of 15 seconds before smoke started coming from the motor cage and it stopped functioning entirely.

I'm not 100% sure why they failed. But my first guess would be that I didn't realize that batteries in a series increase voltage. So 3.7v x 4 batteries = 14.8v (right?).

Assuming the above statement is correct I over volted the crap out of them and it caused the internals to fry.

So i guess I'm asking if someone can confirm or explain what I did wrong here. I'm sure its the voltage. Also funny story, the stock switch didn't fry.

UPDATE

Thanks to the posts below we figured out that because of my lithium Ion ultrafire's I did indeed fry the hell out of my motors. :wacko:

2nd we determined that the best motors for my setup (ideally running from a 3s Lipo) are MTB Rhino Motors http://www.containme...op/mtb/mtb-001/

3rd I intend to order and install these to see how things go. I don't know if I'll need anything else to work with them as my wiring is much thicker but we'll find out.

#357492 Cs-6 Magazine feeding/priming issue

Posted by Lordtac on 07 January 2017 - 02:06 PM in General Nerf

Sorry for my late reply, I think you are right. I only asked because my stryfe seems to function just fine with it.

#357327 Cs-6 Magazine feeding/priming issue

Posted by Lordtac on 27 December 2016 - 05:58 AM in General Nerf

Hello again. I was preparing to deliver a modded CS-6 to my friend for christmas the other day and decided to perform a test fire with it. I inserted a mag I normally use for my Longshot (zombie strike) and went to prime it but the forward priming motion was getting "stuck" and refused to slide forward.

At first I thought the blaster was damaged somehow in storage but I remembered that the blaster came with its own 6 round mag as well.

I inserted that mag and it fired just fine with only the occasional jam from darts getting lodged in the bolt. I searched to try and find information about this unique kind of jamming but searching anything with "Nerf" and "prime" led me to amazon for the most part and searching "Nerf Magazine Jam" lead me to tutorials on how to fix the mag spring.

Does anyone know what might be causing this phenomena?

BLASTER INFO:

long-strike white with a fresh orange works immortal mod installed 7kg spring all parts used.

No abnormal behavior from the blaster that I am aware of besides this and the dart lodging jams.

Longshot magazine is a see through mag (one side) that holds 6 rounds, it came with my elite model stryfe.

Longstrike magazine is a solid mag (no see-through plastic) that holds 6 rounds

DETAILS:

the elite model mag causes the forward prime motion to jam.

the solid mag allows a smooth priming motion.

This issue started after taking the blaster out of my car trunk where it stayed for 3 weeks. It was wrapped in a towel for protection during this time.

#357045 Long-Strike CS-6 Priming issue

Posted by Lordtac on 07 December 2016 - 11:53 AM in Modifications

Aw ok I was concerned that I didn't install the mod correctly. Thank you for the quick reply both of you. I'll probably install a new priming mech as the stock plastic one is flimsy and feels like its going to break if I continue to use it. Additionally is it normal for the spring to make a kind of "crunching" noise until its broken in?

#357041 Long-Strike CS-6 Priming issue

Posted by Lordtac on 07 December 2016 - 02:33 AM in Modifications

Hello, I am new here and am just getting into modding NERF blasters but I've run into a problem.

I have a Longstrike CS-6 White out that I have put the orange mod immortal kit on with the 7kg spring. I did it as a gift to my friend for X-mas (the blaster before this mod was inoperable). However now when I attempt to prime it with the default handle I BEND the priming mechanism (the piece the handle slips into) if I attempt to prime it using only one side.

During installation I did the following.

1- I removed all of the locks.

2- I cleaned up the interior as best I could

3- I used every piece of the immortal kit except extra parts.

4- After some struggling (The trigger catch spring kept slipping) I put it back together

I've considered doing a mod on the priming handle to ensure that equal pressure is being applied to either side of the handle but I have two problems with doing that right now.

1- I'm relatively broke and I didn't predict this to be an issue.

2- I am unsure how to do this really.

A lot of you guys are much more experienced at modding NERF blasters than I am. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you

-Tac