Bullshit Dragon's Content

There have been 362 items by Bullshit Dragon (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#302217 Late July MN War

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 25 July 2011 - 11:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Too bad I missed this; I had to hunt/kill a gopher... oh well... next one I guess...

#260887 Sawtooth Rifle

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 05 January 2010 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

I prefer to use mine stock (more or less). A first shot spring is an excellent replacement spring. While it IS a hair shorter than the stock, but it increases range considerably.

#254784 Nerf N-strike Longstrike Cs-6 - Preview!

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 28 October 2009 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

Looks like the stock is a little on the short side.

#252334 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 01 October 2009 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Definitely not coming. Gotta get the yard grimmed up to scare the trick-or-treaters.

#252077 Dissolving Superglue

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 29 September 2009 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

Well, I had a bit of an unfortunate accident while modding one of my blasters and long story short, a tube of superglue exploded and coated a number of unlucky objects in its sticky plastic goodness, namely my monitor. So, what's a plastic-safe way to remove superglue? Rubbing Alcohol doesn't work, although it IS plastic-safe.

#249943 Nerf Pinpoint Sight - Review!

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 08 September 2009 - 04:31 PM in General Nerf

How much space is in that? I'm looking that the "rogue scope" aspect of it.

not much
*img snip*
one inch grid

So is that just an LED or is it really a laser pointer?

#248413 September Mnno 09'

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 24 August 2009 - 03:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it, something personal came up.

#247802 September Mnno 09'

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 20 August 2009 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me as a maybe.

#247208 Adhesives

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 16 August 2009 - 01:42 AM in General Nerf

As I was rebuilding the utterly destroyed bolt on my Recon, I found myself running into the issue of my glue detaching itself from the brass tubing. I know that FA_24 uses Fishin' Glue, but as that's $10 a bottle where I live, I'm using Weldbond instead. It claims to glue almost anything to anything else, but it seems that it too struggles with Brass tubing.

Anyone have any solutions?

#246724 Need Help With Magstrike

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 12 August 2009 - 01:48 PM in Modifications

Well, since you have located the source of the problem, do a water test on it to figure out exactly where it's leaking. If it's one of the hoses, goop it, if it's the valve, buy a replacement off NH.

#246665 Buzz Bee Big Blast Help

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 12 August 2009 - 12:37 AM in Modifications

This is a common problem, in fact the last two white and orange ones I got were completely useless.

What you need is teflon tape to wrap onto the pump shaft well underneath the o ring. Make sure you only wrap on the back half of the well, where it is slightly wider, because you only want the pump to seal one way. It takes a few tries to get it to seal well but it will work. Electric tape may work in a pinch, but teflon is probably easiest and the best option.

It was the o-ring. I tested it with a pump-shaft from a black and yellow on I got in a trade from BustaNinja and it help pressure fine. After doing the Teflon tape thing, it works like a charm, thanks a bunch!

This topic can end now.

#246630 Buzz Bee Big Blast Help

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 11 August 2009 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Okay, after buying a BBBB from someone here (not gonna give names to avoid negative feedback on that person) I found that the pump o-ring doesn't seal. I tried a few different fixes, but nothing seemed to work.

It's the bright green and blue model (the one that reportedly had pump issues to start with) can anyone please give me some help?

#245217 Lancer

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 02 August 2009 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

*snip*
Posted Image
*snip*

At the risk of getting a month off, I'll be nice and fix your pic link.

#245130 Bolt Cracked In Half? I Have Another Solution.

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 02 August 2009 - 04:20 AM in Homemades

I've actually done this with my LS. It required a little thinking to get everything just right, but in the end it was worth it. It requires only minimal supplies, in my case I used 1/2" CPVC and cemented the barrel nub to the CPVC in the right spot. It does jam occasionally, but it's still faster and cheaper than angel breeching it. It doesn't do much for the range, I was getting 70ft pretty consistently with it prebreak and after I fixed it, it added MAYBE 5ft. Still, it's a nice alternative to having a busted LS.

#244050 Lanard Shot Gun

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 26 July 2009 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

Good mod. The ranges seem a little... inconsistent, but if it can shoot over 50-60 feet, good enough for me.
The only thing I don't get is, why didn't you make it rear-loading? I mean, if you have to ramrod your darts, what's the point of a turret? It just makes the gun bulkier, more complicated, and less effective IMO.

Not to mention reducing firing rate.

#243797 Big Bad Bow And Airtek 2000 Integration

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 25 July 2009 - 03:48 AM in Modifications

What kind of paint did you use?

#243247 Moving The Product Awarness Thread

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 22 July 2009 - 09:56 PM in Site Feedback

I believe he means it should be stickied.

#243094 Talio!

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 21 July 2009 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

C'mon Talio! Get on!!! I wanna see how you boot this retard!

#242800 Cutting Down On Useless Topics

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 19 July 2009 - 08:48 PM in Site Feedback

I've noticed that lately we've had a VERY large number of totally stupid and pointless topics lately, siting a Mr. Pat_is_Back as a recent instigator. I run my own invision site and I've found that moderation of new topics is an excellent way to cut down on idiocy on the boards.

Pros:
-Reduced number of absolutely retarded topics
-Less post spamming and general flaming
-Better adherence to the CoC
-Less bandwidth used up by useless topics

Cons:
-Posters will have to be patient when making write-ups
-Increased workload for the mods
-E-mail notification doesn't always work.

If this isn't an acceptable solution, perhaps the posting rights of certain posters could be moderated instead, like a "one warning, then you get your posts moderated" or something like that.

#241393 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 11 July 2009 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

Goddamn are some of the paint jobs you guys are doing cool! Well, just some quick stuff from me this crack around.

Redid my NF, replaced the too-short brass barrel with an internally couplered CPVC. Ranges promptly jumped form low 40's to mid 60's. PM me with questions.
Posted Image

Bought a Sawtooth from danielbeaver. Great man, it shipped in excellent condition, only complaint is that about three days after I got it, all the stickers except the MaxForce logo fell off. So, instead of fretting over how it would look aesthetically ghetto, I took the time to PAINT the stickers on! Mid 50's to lower 60's.

Mods done: relubed, covered the "vent" with tape, replaced the spring, and CPVC'd the clips.

Final Product:
Posted Image

Detail shots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#239932 My Cosmetic Longshot Mod

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 03 July 2009 - 01:55 AM in Modifications

I'd leave a comment (fellow LS lover) but the links for your pics aren't working, change hosts.

#238993 Your Favourite Long Range/accuracy Rifle

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 28 June 2009 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

This topic is very likely doomed to failure, but while it's open, I rather like my BBBB.

#238085 Paintshop Help

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 22 June 2009 - 09:15 PM in Modifications

Is it really that yellow? It looks like kind of a barf orange on my monitor.

Anyway, I know the light color is supposed to be the base, but how exactly do I get the proper gradient? I should I like hold the spray can at an angle or something? It'll be up in the mods/paint directory when its done, I just want to get it right the first time so it doesn't look like crap when it's finished.

#238028 Paintshop Help

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 22 June 2009 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

Heya guys, I was doing a repaint of one of my blasters, replacing the stickers with actual paint and I found myself needing to do a gradient, but I don't have a clue how to do one. Could anyone give me some tips?

Here's an example of what I'm trying to do (made it in GIMP)
Posted Image

#237940 Yalpam Ii

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 22 June 2009 - 04:37 AM in Modifications

I assume it's VERY front heavy. Do you have a weight in the stock to counteract that?

#237713 De-singling Your Longshot Update

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 20 June 2009 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

Cool idea. It's been turned into a CPVC breech instead of simply singling it. I bet with a little work (or some carbon fiber or fiberglass) you can make a CPVC breech that uses the existing priming system.

Need to go shopping tomorrow to try that...

#236342 A New Way To Take Away Boltsled Stress!

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 14 June 2009 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

How is this taking stress of the bolt sled its not like the bolt is in the part that breaks. This is more like a bolt relocation.

It's moving the stress TO the bolt, where it belongs, that way the sled won't break and you can still use it to close the bolt.

#236073 Intigration Trigger Wire Question.

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 13 June 2009 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

I use stainless steel necklace wire. It breaks at 40lbs and if you double it up, it quickly becomes difficult to break.

#235848 Pas Ball Shooting Attachment Mod

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 12 June 2009 - 02:57 PM in Modifications

The air output on that thing is pretty awesome. Good thing you didn't shove a barrel in, because it would instantly be war-banned.

I think you were angling it a bit down, but who knows. If you could possible fix the drop, you'd have an awesome ballgun.

Not to thread-jack, but I feel it needs to be said that singled Roto Rockets of ANY kind are banned in MN Nerf Wars. I'm not sure about other areas, but I certainly hope to god they are.

On topic: I've been wondering if anyone would come up with a decent ball-shooter style gun, and this seems like it might actually work at a war. Any plans for future use of this blaster?

#235234 Ideal Barrel Length

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 09 June 2009 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

After reading both Boltsniper's method and CXWQ's explanation, and with a little trial and error on my part, the final barrel is 4.25" of CPVC.

This topic can end now.

#235137 Ideal Barrel Length

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 09 June 2009 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

This came up as I was in the process of rebarreling my NF (it's the gray/green one,) which incidentally had a barrel that was WAAAY too short. I thought about it and I was wondering just what determined the length of a barrel in a springer like the NF. Mine's still not totally assembled because I wanted to know what you guys thought a good barrel length was.

Current Barrel: 3in of 17/32 brass
Possible Replacement: 1/2" CPVC (stefans and stock darts are tight in it)
Spring: FULL Handyman #49
Other mods: Catch spring replaced, frame reinforced, plunger reinforced, plunger head reinforced, seal improved, relubed, ar's removed (given). (I think that's all of them)

If anyone has anything constructive to add, please post, if not please move on. I take enough crap on the boards and I don't really need others adding to it.

#233728 A Need To Know Of Many Guns

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 01 June 2009 - 02:58 AM in Off Topic

I've had my LS pinch my fingers good and proper, but nothing drawn blood yet.

#231582 Tank Size?

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 20 May 2009 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

AT2k tank is 1.5"x1.25" I believe, if that's any help at all.

#231031 Recon To Shotgun Conversion Mod

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 18 May 2009 - 11:11 AM in Modifications

Bascially you're making it needlessly complex. The 6rnd magazine for it works perfectly fine and gives it a much higher rate of fire than even the Maverick, which is prone to jamming and misfires. A tube magazine like you're envisioning is simply out of the question unless you work shells into it, which will reduce the Recon's pathetic range even further.

#230727 Brute Shot Mod

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 17 May 2009 - 04:40 AM in Modifications

Wow. Very nice write up. im going to do my best at recreating this. But 90 hours? That's a typo right?

Way to go, numb-nuts, you necro'd a dead thread. Read the Code of Conduct before you post, and check the motherfucking date of the last post!

#230340 Longshot Bolt Issues

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 15 May 2009 - 02:54 AM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with my newest LS actually. I decided to take a smart route with it and instead of simply slamming the bolt back every time to cock it (thus taking extra time and reducing my firing rate) I took a 3/16"x1 1/2" rubber washer (trimmed of course) and super glued it to the front of my plunger head as a shim. It also has the added bonus (if properly trimmed) of making the seal better and cushioning the plunger head.

That's my two cents worth, hope someone finds it useful.

EDIT: Judging from your pictures, your plunger tube is misaligned. There's a prong on the right side and a corresponding socket in the shell that it goes into. If it's not correctly installed, it won't cock.

#229883 Advice On Ribs

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 12 May 2009 - 07:49 PM in Homemades

This entire thread makes me want to pull my brains out through my eyes.

GO WITH REINFORCEMENT OPTION 1. There is no need to overcomplicate this that much. Option 1 would provide good resistance to force going in the direction shown in the diagram, and for force coming from the direction of the tip, the wedge shape would shunt off the blow. Really, how complicated does it have to be?

I know I should go with option one. I posted a bit back that this thread could die, but I see hardly anyone taking the hint.

Seriously people, I got the help I need, let this die.

#229721 Advice On Ribs

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 11 May 2009 - 10:29 PM in Homemades

hehehe, you are gonna try to barrel tap people? Awesome. I really wanna be there for this.

Jokes aside, just make it a solid piece and foam the edge. its worked for me. Like using a solid piece of polycarbonate.

Wait... you mean instead of reinforcing it, I should make the shell portion of it then fill it with expanding foam (like GreatStuff?)

#229668 Advice On Ribs

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 11 May 2009 - 08:28 PM in Homemades

Well, since option A (or a variation there of) has been the general consensus (other than "this part is useless") I'm going to go with option A.

This thread can be ended now.

I'll probably be looking for help on this later once I actually have it cut out and ready to go.

#229658 Advice On Ribs

Posted by Bullshit Dragon on 11 May 2009 - 08:14 PM in Homemades

@OMC: It's not a "bayonet" per se, it's deliberately built into the shell.

@Diamondback: the portion I'm getting help with right now is 15.5"x4"x16" and the entire blaster is 26" from tip to tail, and 1.5" thick.

EDIT: Hell yes! I got added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole!