JospehSquared's Content

There have been 30 items by JospehSquared (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360170 Broken Rough cut

Posted by JospehSquared on 28 May 2017 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

Well what's broken? If the internals work what's wrong?

#359223 Simple Longshot Spring Upgrade?

Posted by JospehSquared on 13 April 2017 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

Check out the directory of mods and internals. It's super helpful when your getting started.

#359220 Wars around Buffalo, NY

Posted by JospehSquared on 13 April 2017 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you for the lead.

#359144 Simple Longshot mod?

Posted by JospehSquared on 10 April 2017 - 10:50 AM in Modifications

Well to be honest with you I'm not experienced enough in modding that you should definitly take my word as law. I work with kids and we all had a nerf wars together. I went through the process I described and my blaster shot harder than their stock ones but not hard enough to hurt them. Hopefully someone else can come along who is more helpful than I! Sorry man!

#359142 Simple Longshot mod?

Posted by JospehSquared on 10 April 2017 - 09:22 AM in Modifications

Honestly. Haven't modded enough longshots to tell you the difference. I can tell you that knocking out an AR is cheaper lol.

#359138 Simple Longshot mod?

Posted by JospehSquared on 10 April 2017 - 06:09 AM in Modifications

You could probably just knock out your AR and maybe fill up the deadspace in the plunger tube. That would get you an increase in power without getting too crazy.

#359078 Has Anyone tried a hyperfire/Stampede integration?

Posted by JospehSquared on 07 April 2017 - 06:41 AM in Modifications

Canted flywheels have thier motors tilted slightly to put a spin on the dart. It's supposed to increase accuracy (again I'm not exactly a pro level modder so if I'm wrong feel free to correct) but at high rates of fps/fire it can cause your darts to fishtail pretty hard. Non Canted flywheels are like ones you'd find in a stryfe. They are aligned straight. You'd have to find a non Canted hyperfire flywheel cage. They are not compatible.

#359055 Has Anyone tried a hyperfire/Stampede integration?

Posted by JospehSquared on 06 April 2017 - 07:33 AM in Modifications

Again depends on what the motors can handle.

I won't lie, I'm not exactly a pro at lipos so I'm not going to embarrass myself out here giving out crappy info.

There is an awesome spread sheet out there that gives you a breakdown of mtb motors vs what batteries are optimal. I'll see if I can dig it up. But ultimately your going to need to figure out the specifics of your motors. Do you have a link to said motors?

#359049 Has Anyone tried a hyperfire/Stampede integration?

Posted by JospehSquared on 05 April 2017 - 10:46 PM in Modifications

180s mean extra shell work. The lipo depends on what motors you are using.. not a question of what gun really.

#359006 Has Anyone tried a hyperfire/Stampede integration?

Posted by JospehSquared on 03 April 2017 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

Never seen one done before. Seems like an interesting combination to try and merge. My advice honestly is not too due to stampedes are becoming rare. My advice is to do a ton of planning where you are going to cut before you do. I used photoshop to kind of blend my blatter's to get a rough idea on the kind of shape I wanted.

#358991 Wars around Buffalo, NY

Posted by JospehSquared on 03 April 2017 - 06:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Looking to see if anyone can point me towards wars/a nerf group near Buffalo. I'm willing to drive up into Canada if need be.

#357516 Help with Taobao

Posted by JospehSquared on 09 January 2017 - 09:00 AM in General Nerf

So I'm in the middle of moving out of my house and I'm trying to work with taobao and I'm struggling with it. I'm a bit fusturated and I decided to use a taobao agent to make it easy and focus on the move.
I figured that instead of giving my money to some random person outside of this country I could offer to pay someone in this country to order me some crap. If your interested throw me a PM. If not I'll give my money elsewhere.

#357313 Elite Rayven Rewiring - help!

Posted by JospehSquared on 25 December 2016 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

You may be on some trouble then. Maybe dremeling the cage a bit. I PMd you about it. Someone more expertise then me may be able to help more

#357311 Elite Rayven Rewiring - help!

Posted by JospehSquared on 25 December 2016 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Is it the flywheel cage or the the motor. If it's just the motor you could just replace the motor. A stryfe cage may not fit as well.

#357309 Elite Rayven Rewiring - help!

Posted by JospehSquared on 25 December 2016 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

You could always try to Dremel the hole open a bit. Could be an easy fix. Can you show a picture of what's melted?

#357203 Strayven Mod

Posted by JospehSquared on 17 December 2016 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

I've been modding for a while now and this will be my first big mod. This is more of me asking for someone to check my math before I blow this thing up with a couple of questions tacked on.

I have two 180 Hellcats powered by a 2200mAh 3s 40C Lipo pack. It will be wired with 16 gauge wire and will use two 10a micro switches instead of stock ones.

1) I plan to run LEDs through this. Can I power them off the same Lipo or should I use a different source?

2) There will also be an Arduino in there to control various things such as an ammo counter, voltage meter, and anything else I can think of and actually complete. Same thing as the LEDs, Can wvweything be run off one power source?

3) I do not have a good charge to balance, discharge or basically take care of Lipos. I've done some research and i have a couple of different in mind but can anyone recommend a good one that I can use? Money isn't really an issue since I would rather buy a fancy charger then replace my house if it lights up. Fear the Lipo!

Thank you for taking the time to answer. Hopefully when this thing is done I will be able to throw up some pictures.

#357202 Nerf Hyperfire Motors Help

Posted by JospehSquared on 17 December 2016 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

They are all over the place. Just look up 130 rhinos. Should get a link to some motors.

#357039 3D printing in Nerf

Posted by JospehSquared on 05 December 2016 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Its slightly different, but have you concidered stronger methods for creating nerf pieces? Like CNC or casting? They generally can be less versatile, but they can be alot stronger.

I have. I have researched some pressure casting as well. However this is easier and less costly than those options.

#357023 3D printing in Nerf

Posted by JospehSquared on 04 December 2016 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

I'll be honest here though: I'm a little terrified for you if you need to ask these questions about 3d printing and somehow also have access to a printer. The things are finicky beasts at best, unless there is someone around you who can use google and then parse the results into actionable processes, you'll wind up with a hot plastic nest and a busted $hundreds-thousands machine. They aren't like regular printers where you can just send a page over and it'll work every time and then warn you if it's out of ink/paper.

Not going to lie. I laughed pretty hard at this. I recently discovered that i have access to this machine. I only have access to it for about three years so I decided to expand my horizons and try my hand at it. Thank you for the information and warning everybody! I am very much in the researching phase.

#357005 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by JospehSquared on 03 December 2016 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

What are you planning on using to run this beast?

Do you use separate Lipos (or whatever you are using) to run the flywheels, pusher mech and all the electronics?

Really excited to see what this turns into!

#357004 Ammo Counter: The Ultimate Simple & Cheap Guide

Posted by JospehSquared on 03 December 2016 - 12:42 PM in Modifications

I believe he is planning on selling kits.

I followed the tutorial though and it didn't take to long. It was fairly simple and well explained.

#357003 3D printing in Nerf

Posted by JospehSquared on 03 December 2016 - 12:38 PM in General Nerf

What is the best program for creating nerf parts through 3D printers?

I've looked at several but I cannot figure out which would be the cheapest/ still able to make reliable homemade parts for nerf.

or

Is there anywhere that I can pick up premade stl files that I can just use in a 3D printer?

#356913 How to prepare for a paint job.

Posted by JospehSquared on 27 November 2016 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

Thank you for your input.

#356898 How to prepare for a paint job.

Posted by JospehSquared on 27 November 2016 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I looked into it and I found a bunch of different methods so I thought I'd turn to Nerfhaven for what you guys think/use.

I plan to use duplicolor for the primers, paints, and clear coat. Show should I go around prepping? Should I sand the whole blaster, just go for it, etc? What is the best method for a durable painthan job?

#356885 Question

Posted by JospehSquared on 26 November 2016 - 12:59 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'm pretty sure those are FVJs..
I would just look up those. They come in many different colors.

Edit: just looked up full vinyl jackethe darts. Found these: http://www.monkeemod...t&product_id=91

I don't know how good they are or if they are worth it so if anyone knows better feel free to correct/inform me. I'd like to know.

#356880 Beginners Flywheel Mod

Posted by JospehSquared on 26 November 2016 - 01:49 AM in General Nerf

I work with kids so I decided to use motors that wouldn't kill a kid.

I used foamdataservices tutorial. There may be better ones but this one explain it all out nicely for me. (https://m.youtube.co...h?v=VARollLMqBY)

#356872 Beginners Flywheel Mod

Posted by JospehSquared on 25 November 2016 - 02:57 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty new to modding and I just finished modding a styrfe. 

I used these motors off normal alkaline batteries https://www.pololu.com/product/611. 

i used 18 gauge wire from radio shack and followed a basic tutorial on youtube.

It shoots pretty fast and hard (did not chrono it) and it was really simple to do as my first mod.

#356761 Help with indoor Nerf ideas

Posted by JospehSquared on 18 November 2016 - 11:42 PM in General Nerf

There is a whole thread on different nerf games pinned to the top of this page. Read up.

#356735 Fling in the Park 2016 [NY] (July,2,2016)

Posted by JospehSquared on 15 November 2016 - 11:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Did anything ever happen with this? I am from buffalo NY and I am looking to get into a nerf war community. Let me know if there is anything together!

#356734 Anyone from Rochester, NY

Posted by JospehSquared on 15 November 2016 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I live in Buffalo NY.. I'd be really interested to get into some wars. How do i look into it for dates and stuff?