Fishman602's Content

There have been 10 items by Fishman602 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#63717 Laptop

Posted by Fishman602 on 15 September 2005 - 08:53 PM in Off Topic

Alienware sentia all the way over here. I got mine for about 900 off alienware when they were having their sales. Those things are the shit...god i love alienware.

#51408 Favorite Band

Posted by Fishman602 on 02 April 2005 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

Gotta go with N.W.A. Straight Outta Compton is by far one of the best rap albums I own.

#51324 Nerf Vs. Paintball

Posted by Fishman602 on 01 April 2005 - 10:37 PM in Articles

Or you are buying from CYMA, Well, or Cybergun.

Sorry, but on that cybergun comment, they are actually great guns...well, some are at least. I just bought a new uzi AEG from them for 289.90 from pyramidairsoft.com,and its way better than my marui mp5k. I've probably got about 2,000 worth of airsoft if you combine everything (batteries, mags, guns, bbs, chargers, etc), and it's very rewarding. I can honestly say if cybergun ever made more AEG's i would probably buy more of them. They hired marushin to make the guns and i am very pleased. The problem is only they only make one more AEG, and thats an M4 or M16...can't remember, and i can't stand M16/M4 looks. Anyways, just wanted to make it clear that cybergun is finally cranking out some real good airsoft guns now. And i know that this article is old, i just wanted to clarify that cybergun has better quality than they are given credit for.

#51213 Paintball

Posted by Fishman602 on 31 March 2005 - 07:11 PM in Off Topic

same here, i have 3 aeg's and 8 springers.

#50963 Ipods

Posted by Fishman602 on 29 March 2005 - 12:02 AM in Off Topic

I do know what i'm talking about most of the time. Even my sister, who works for apple as a tech, agrees that ipod firmare sucks. You are correct regarding upgradable firmware (albeit sucky firmware)(my bad); its been 2 months since i upgraded to my h320 and i at least was never able to upgrade my firmware no matter how hard i tried...not even my sister could get it to. HOWEVER, DRM is (or was) a major issue on ipods. I haven't been able to use that much if any downloaded music and even music from some actual cd's on my ipod when i did use that piece of shit 40 gig...waste of 400 bucks. IN MY OPINION, and many of my friends', ipod firmware does, in fact, suck. And it isn't neccessarily the interface i don't like, its everything about it. The architecture of itunes and the ipod are incredibly undesirable to at least 15 other people who actually know software, not including myself. And i wouldn't trade my H320 for any other mp3 player; they're the best of 4 MP3's i've tried (ipod 40 gig 3rd gen, sony hd-3, dell jukebox are the others). So, yes, i will admit i was wrong regarding the firmware upgradeablility. Otherwise, please prove me wrong. Which i'm sure you will.

#50572 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Fishman602 on 26 March 2005 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

Why does everyone like the powerclip so much? I've got two of them and I really don't see what the hype is all about...i'd rather they rerelease the Blastfire b/c i'm not too impressed with my hornet.

#50486 Ipods

Posted by Fishman602 on 25 March 2005 - 03:44 AM in Off Topic

Actually, i know of *2* people who have done that.

#50462 Ipods

Posted by Fishman602 on 24 March 2005 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

Ok, it's been a day since I last posted and alot seems to have happened. Grinch, they don't say anything about playing movies because they don't out of the box. However, if you go to www.misticriver.net, there are many forums and an FAQ's section about how to upload movies and use it as a web browser for each type of player. You just have to upgrade the firmware. Another plus of the I-river, cancelling out the "mini-computer" minus--IPOD FIRMWARE SUCKS. You CANNOT upgrade ipod firmware unless you get someone who works at apple and is your friend to do so. I know a good deal about programming and how it works, etc., and iriver has GREAT firmware which is upgradeable. I upgraded to the 1.27 korean version because it ELIMINATES DRM, which is impossible on ipods. You also don't have to use windows-based firmware, i just chose too because i'm good with windows. There are many different types of firmware which you can upgrade, both by iriver for free or by private companies for a cost. And talio, the Zen Jukebox was my second choice, they are fantastic as well and are very cheap. However, i went with the h320 because of the color screen. And if, just to clear things up, ANYONE chooses to get an ipod mini, for the love of god get a gateway photo jukebox or an iriver h10. Color screens for the same price. --Fishman

#50407 Ipods

Posted by Fishman602 on 23 March 2005 - 10:10 PM in Off Topic

yep. movies. pictures. anything. its even got an internet browser if you have the right connection. it's semi-based on xp, so it's almost like a mini-computer. You can record the fm radio too, and make favorites on your channels. AND it has a mic right on the side so you can record yours and others' voices. Comes with a free case, usb cord, great manual, free earbuds, ac charger and some other goodies. Its awesome...to be honest its the shit. Kicks my ipod's ass any day.

#50396 Ipods

Posted by Fishman602 on 23 March 2005 - 08:32 PM in Off Topic

H320's ARE BOMB! This coming from a previous ipod owner. I've had my H320 for a little bit now and i can honestly say they are the best mp3 player i've ever owned (gone thru 4). The only thing i don't like about them is the lack of a wheel. Apple has that on the ball, i really miss that thing. However, it doesn't compare for the amount of features the iriver has. Amazing piece of work. Flash to korean firmware though, American firmware sucks. I really do suggest you change your thoughts of ipods, i used to have one and i am so glad i got rid of it. Oh, and H320's are only 285 on amazon. 20gb Ipods are a constant 300.