Philote's Content

There have been 202 items by Philote (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#257209 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by Philote on 24 November 2009 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

The best weapons of each type follow, in my own opinion of course:
AR's: ACR
LMG's: AUG HBAR (Thing is unstoppable)
SMG's: UMP.45 (It's an MP5 with a facelift)
losers: M21 EBR (Why aim when you can spray with little recoil?)
Shotguns: AA12 (No explanation required)
Machine Pistols: M93 Raffica (A pocket sized M16)
Launchers: Javelin ( A portable Predator Missile)
Handguns: Not the Magnum
Riot Shield: Just no.....

The FAL Is essentially the G3 and works the same way, i.e BEAST in Hardcore.
I usually play at around 8-9 pm, catch me sometime and I'll spam the SCAR-H till the sun goes down.
And Gazoo, it's not so much too many campers, but a select few good campers. There were a lot of camper friendly additions to MW2 (Heartbeats, Hardline, Bling, Riot Shields etc.) which makes me mad. But to hell with that, the game is pure Awesome.
:P

EDIT: The FAL, TAR-21, and F2000 iron sights are CRAP. The RDS on the TAR-21 and f2000 are also crap.
Maybe they're just both crap?
EDIT EDIT: I think Infinity Ward tried to hard to make their maps not like the ones in CoD WaW, making almost every position have multiple entrances, which works as an anti-camping measure, but not as a convention that I, and maybe not you guys, don't like all the time.

#255087 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 01 November 2009 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

Pretty good idea on Infinity Ward's part for releasing the day before Veteran's day, allowing people the alloted day off from school to purchase and play the game. I have pre-ordered it and payed in full, and will be picking it up the day it comes out.
GT: Alaska1231
On a side note, if any ODST owners are wishing to complete Vidmaster challenges, I would happily help in the effort, just reply if your game.

#214739 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Philote on 24 February 2009 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

Finally, a pump action/clip fed blaster!
It loads like a FG-42.
The thought of one of those drum mags on my new Longshot is
.... for lack of a better word... cool.

#209019 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by Philote on 02 February 2009 - 08:02 PM in Off Topic

Dude, that was an awesome catch. Oh, and don't be sorry for Arizona, the underdogs suck ass.

Did you watch any of the Super Bowls the Patriots were in?

#208167 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 31 January 2009 - 10:33 AM in Off Topic

Do you use Ethernet or a Wireless Network?
If it is wireless, try changing your network settings, like IP Address, DSN Settings, Or just turn your modem off then on again.
If it is Ethernet, I can't help you.
Hey, As of yesterday, I've been here exactly one year. Cool.

#207626 A Few Behind The Scenes Shots From Last Nights Shoot

Posted by Philote on 29 January 2009 - 04:40 PM in General Nerf

That's the best Vulcan mod ever. I really want to see it firing, and I hope you can make a video. How much has it cost to make so far?

No, this is the best Vulcan mod ever.

Sarcasm aside, I feel obligated to post my feelings on these photos...
1. METROID PRIME IS LEIK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTER THE RESIDENT EVUL!!!1one!!
2. I think those mods are pretty cool, however, I would suggest doing a barrel extension on that LS, for added coolness.
3. To all those bashing this guy, lay off.
4. Where did you get that gas mask? I've kind of always wanted one.

#205180 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 21 January 2009 - 05:38 PM in Off Topic

Last night was very fun, but I can't make it tonight, sorry.
Vistagecko... you and your Juggernaut. I thought the game on Backlot was the most fun.

#204985 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 20 January 2009 - 05:25 PM in Off Topic

I'll try to make it, I won't be there long, I have school tomorrow. I'll see how long I can stay.

If anyone is interested, I read on CoD 4 Central about 2-Man Firing Teams, and have been wanting to try it out.
Big Team Death Match :D

#203661 Nerf Recon M4

Posted by Philote on 15 January 2009 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

What did you use for the orange thing sticking out of the barrel?

That would be the LS front gun Barrel to be precise, I did it to my ODST Recon, and I think it does look like the G3. Now all you need to do is make it Automatic :P

#202304 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 10 January 2009 - 09:22 AM in Off Topic

I'd like to apologize for leaving early last night, apparently my XBox "Couldn't connect to my wireless network with a Static IP address." The 4-5 I did get with everyone were fun, and I look forward to Halo 3 tonight. If it is possible, I would also vote for moving the time forward to 8 PM to accommodate for my ill-tempered wireless connection. STG-44 FTW.

#201030 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by Philote on 04 January 2009 - 12:46 PM in Off Topic

What the heck, I'll through my name up here as well.

Gamertag: Alaska1231 (Don't ask)

I usually play:

+Halo 3
+Halo 2
+Halo (Not much anymore)
+CoD 4
+Cod WaW
+BF Bad Company(I suck)
+TF2
I have some pretty cool Halo 3 custom variants that i need to try out and this is a pretty good opportunity to do so.
(ph33r meh M40 of D00M!!!11!one!!!)
Ill add you as soon as I can Horus. Put me down for any event you might have in the future.

#185667 Favorite Call Of Duty Weapon

Posted by Philote on 26 October 2008 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

I prefer Assault Rifles over anything:

+Old Faithful
M16A1:
Desert Eagle
+3x Frag
+ Stopping Power
+ Martyrdom/Deep Impact( Depends on course)
ACOG Scope

+Sn+per
M40
M1911.45 Silenced
+Bandolier
+Stopping Power =)
+Iron Lungs

This topic of noobs and Juggernaut is kind of funny, I created a poll at Qubblo.com about that.
Check it out!

#183670 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 14 October 2008 - 04:05 PM in Off Topic

starcraft

runner ups in no perticular order

golden eye
hotwheels turbo racing
zelda series
star wars clone wars
warcraft (tree tag custom)

Tree Tag FTW. If you haven't played rabbits vs. sheep do it. NOW.
Are you talking about the first clone wars game for the GC? The one with the only vehicle multiplayer?
If so, that was another good one. *Applause* to those of you who said Half-Life or Portal.

#181699 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Philote on 05 October 2008 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

Part of the reason I think the Spartan is going to be released is that gear window in the stock. If it was just made for the game, why would the bother with the gears? Why not just make it a solid stock?

I REALLY want that long rifle to be made, it reminds me of the deer rifle from Call of Duty 4.

That would be the R700. And you're right it does look like it. Sort of.
TALKI: I'm thinkin that the long drawback may be used to go automatic, by using only a certain length of the drawback to shoot one dart. Which could allow it to do the whole 3-shot burst shpeal that people are talking about. I know that might be a little confusing. If you pull the priming handle back all the way and pull the trigger once, the handle would move X length down the side, pulling the trigger again will move it another X length. Holding down the trigger will shoot X darts at once. Whew, that was a mouthful. Seeing as I could barely put that into a coherent sentence, someone who might understand what I'm trying to get at do it for me.

#181666 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Philote on 05 October 2008 - 12:13 PM in General Nerf

All that aside, the Spartan looks pretty sexy. Also, which one is the Stampede? The Sn+per-ish one looks pretty cool to. As for the Raider: Bitchin'. Clip fed pumpaction. GENIUS!

EDIT: Oops, Oni beat me too the question. Maybe its the "turreted Vulcan" neh?
DOUBLE EDIT: At the very end of the vid, on the side of the box, you can see several guns there, but on my computer, it's too blurry to make out.

#175637 Your Top 10 Pc Games

Posted by Philote on 07 September 2008 - 11:24 AM in Off Topic

Here you go.

+ Warcraft III
+ Starcraft
+ Portal

#173211 Imaseoulman For President

Posted by Philote on 28 August 2008 - 03:51 PM in Off Topic

I think I'll register Independent.... Nader!!!
Peter Wiggin... Ha. Can I be Suri???

#170919 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 20 August 2008 - 11:49 AM in Off Topic

I will personally hunt down, kill, and mummify the next person who uses the Words " Halo, Halo2, or Halo3" in this thread.
Painkiller.Ninja Stars and Lightning.

Hmmm, well, as you can see by my name, I eat, drink, inhale, exhale, and praise Halo, so being that, I would have to respond to this outrage of a post by driving a large nail into the temple of the sayer of it. But seeing as I don't know where you live, I'm going to have to vent my feelings by telling the sayer to fuck off and get some taste in video games.

No hard feelings or anything ;)

Oh and Timesplitters 2 is pretty great.

I have nothing against Halo. It is a good game, In fact I'm getting the IWHBYD skull as I type. I just don't think it is the best Game ever and therefore should not be used in this thread. Especially because the Halo 2 campaign sucks. And time splitters2 was a good game. :D

#170918 Halo 3 50's For Sale

Posted by Philote on 20 August 2008 - 11:42 AM in Off Topic

If you want to turn your lack of a life into money, Buy World of Warcraft, Get a level 70 full tier 6 gear and sell it on ebay for 400 dollars. :D

#170695 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Philote on 19 August 2008 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

Name: Thakka

Realm: CrushRidge

Level: 29

Race: Tauren
Class: Warrior

#170689 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 19 August 2008 - 04:19 PM in Off Topic

I will personally hunt down, kill, and mummify the next person who uses the Words " Halo, Halo2, or Halo3" in this thread.
Painkiller.Ninja Stars and Lightning.

#170400 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 18 August 2008 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

Another word. Fail.
I suppose you didn't read BomberMan's Post. I would also add Mario Kart 64 and Double Dash to this list.
And the WindWaker.

#170386 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Philote on 18 August 2008 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

I second that Mensch.
i would also vote for Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 3, Super Metroid, Warcraft 3, Duke Nukem, and Quake 4.
C'mon! I can't believe no one mentioned Any Metroid Game yet!
EDIT: Sorry AssassinNF. However the first Metroid Prime is the better of the 2. (Metroid Prime 2 never happened.)

#170086 Worst Nerf Gun Ever!

Posted by Philote on 17 August 2008 - 07:43 PM in General Nerf

Chubbs

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole. I'd say the preceptor. Effeminate Effeminate Fail

#169409 Easy Guitar Solo

Posted by Philote on 15 August 2008 - 10:50 AM in Off Topic

Eruption.
Have fun.
:lol:
I play drums and I can still play the smoke on the water solo, so it can't be that hard.

#168528 University Of Cincinnati Open

Posted by Philote on 12 August 2008 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Out Door War NIRVANA!!!

#168514 Nerf At Subway

Posted by Philote on 12 August 2008 - 06:11 PM in General Nerf

Holy shit people are being validated like crazy. Amm, shoeshine, and draconis all joined less than a 2 weeks ago and are already posting.

Funny, on my computer it says Shoeshine joined two years ago...
Anyway, the wristbands are indeed shit.

#167340 A Short Vulcan "commercial" I Made.

Posted by Philote on 08 August 2008 - 09:27 AM in General Nerf

Captain, great new vid! Falcon Punch!!! Now just get a little better at video editing and a better camera :P

Also:

G-Force shut up. I'm sick of you bashing on Ice all the time. It is just stupid to make almost every post of yours about bashing him. Ice is a good modder and is good at painting.

I can beg to differ...
Well, that's for the most part. I like his new longshot, it's pretty B.A. His voice just makes me frustrated with life.

I can't wait to go to Home Depot and pick up some FRB for my stefans... (in the comments in the vid, someone says to get Cault Saver FRB. :D

FALCON PAUNCH!!!

I thought the Duel Disk System video was hilarious. I agree with FS on this one, you should make a Recon Commercial. As soon as I get my hands on a Vulcan, I will make a TF2 NERFED Video with heavy weapons guy.
I believe we are giving G-Forces strange obsession of giving Ice his daily dose of crap far too much attention. Lets focus on Captain's AWESOME videos! :D

#166506 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Philote on 04 August 2008 - 02:04 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I'm the only one in MA so far. Damnit.

#166427 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Philote on 04 August 2008 - 10:20 AM in General Nerf

I'm in too! This is cool! Plymouth County Nerfers, where are you?????

#166291 Naruto

Posted by Philote on 03 August 2008 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

Pablo Fransisco mayhaps? Or Maybe Mitch Hedgeburg?

#166282 Naruto

Posted by Philote on 03 August 2008 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

I really don't like it either. Sasuke's a prick, Naruto is slightly retarded, and Sakura is a Whore. Watch Full Metal Alchemist, or Football.

#166187 Video On Youtube.... Hilarious (in My Opinion)

Posted by Philote on 03 August 2008 - 02:39 PM in Off Topic

The one in the beginning was pretty funny, with the chocolate. While we're sharing youtube videos, what the hell, if anyone hasn't seen this video, then watch it now.

It's just so...Effeminate. And it has Captain Falcon. And explosions.

Speaking of Captain Falcon...
And another one!
And one more!

#166184 Wal-mart Prices

Posted by Philote on 03 August 2008 - 02:27 PM in General Nerf

Shouldn't this be in the Product Awareness thread? Also: 17$ for a recon? Thats outrageous, my Target has 'em for 10.

#166027 Homemade Bolt Action Rifle

Posted by Philote on 02 August 2008 - 05:03 PM in Homemades

Nice bullpup design, but I have a few questions. How do you prime the gun? I mean, does the bolt assembly also cock the gun or does the plunger have it's own priming system? Perhaps you can make your write up more specific as well, like parts (and instructions).

I know you haven't finished the gun and obtained ranges yet, but those would be nice to know. Good job! :)

The Bolt does also prime the gun. I really didn't intend this to be much of a write up, but if I make another I will probably make a write up.

I like this. It looks decent. That was a cool 100th post! :D

#166019 Longshot Vs X-bow

Posted by Philote on 02 August 2008 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

Ever used a singled longshot?

do you like movies about gladiators?

ever been in a cockpit before?

ever seen a grown man naked?

have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

... I know it's off topic ... I just couldn't help it.

http://www.imdb.com/...t0080339/quotes

Hahaha......... ok then

If a moderator hears about this, the shits gonna hit the fan.

#165847 Ls Dtb Integration Frame Guide

Posted by Philote on 01 August 2008 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

I believe we are giving Necros far more attention than they deseve.

#165840 Though You Guys Might Want To See This

Posted by Philote on 01 August 2008 - 12:48 PM in General Nerf

I just sold this.

Link

Payment went through fine. Just goes to show you there some crazy people out there.

Ok, so you pretty much posted a sale that ended to brag about how much money you are getting a nerf gun?

Honestly, thats an all time low for you ice. And I thought the constant need to fiddle with phallic piping in your videos and the posing on the couch was bad.

Not to mention you're insulting the person who paid for it..

I also find it sad that you have a prepubescent fan club and that uin13 has become a buzzword on ebay.

Sarcasm

Hey! Don't make fun of me!
End Sarcasm
The most I ever sold a NERF gun for was 130$ and it was a LS with a DTB integrated into it. Damn, who the hell has 500 bucks to throw around on nerf guns anyway???

#165609 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by Philote on 31 July 2008 - 08:40 AM in Off Topic

EDIT: On a side note, at least somebody here plays Starcraft right? I heard there actually was a Starcraft64 that was released by Blizzard, and was there only console game to date.

Yeah, Strarcraft64 was actually my first exposure to Blizzard. I loved that game. Unfortunately there were slight (but key) differences in the two versions (N64 and PC) and when I first played on a PC I did quite poorly because I mis-estimated the strength of units (the main difference in the two is the strength of units...i.e. zealots suck in N64...and the fact that upgrades offer almost no improvement in the 64 version).

Zealots suck? Impossible! Do you still play PC Starcraft? If so PM me. I'm Computer(1337) on USA East.

#165607 Poll: The Rapidfire 20

Posted by Philote on 31 July 2008 - 08:29 AM in General Nerf

No, its a 20 shot Maverick

I hardly see it as a Maverick at all, as the Maverick isn't a automatic and isn't an air gun.
Get a recon instead? Ya right!

I was making a reference to the suckage of Mavericks. :D