doubleshot's Content

There have been 250 items by doubleshot (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#201783 Magnificent 7

Posted by doubleshot on 07 January 2009 - 11:53 PM in General Nerf

So you say all Titans so that would include the Chimeras I would imagine.

That leads me to ask... Why?

The Chimera was a little overpowered, at least it was at apoc 08'. A dart whizzed by my head from one about 60-70 ft away and it was going a bit too fast even for my taste.

#201734 Halo Ma5c Assault Rifle Nerf Gun

Posted by doubleshot on 07 January 2009 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

I saw these at KB toys, figured I'd throw that out there to anyone thinking about this.

#200976 Weird Magstrike

Posted by doubleshot on 04 January 2009 - 12:30 AM in General Nerf

Maybe the new AS-10 magstrike has no little hole, and this is a newer 1st gen with newer parts?

#184813 Magstrike

Posted by doubleshot on 21 October 2008 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

The chopper, Get to it.

#180485 Biking To Wars

Posted by doubleshot on 29 September 2008 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

Well I've got time. I'm also needing ideas somewhat. Who knows I might not sleep I might keep a pocket knife and a pellet pistol which is just as dangerous as a real gun. A base ball bat and a ball just so there isn't a federal offense I'm going to use back pack. I'll do a lot for a war and this was inspired by SoF. Most of the road is country road in Indiana.

How old are you? You sound like your 10. Sit back for a few days and think, REALISTICALLY, of what you've said in this topic.

#179566 Bbmm Mod

Posted by doubleshot on 25 September 2008 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

I am attesting to the 100 foot capabilities of a mega missile. Varsity was standing at a MEASURED 95 ft, and the dart flew over him and we could not find it.

#178993 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by doubleshot on 22 September 2008 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I can probably do the 7th or the 14th. 7th is much higher. 22nd is 2 days after my B-day, and 28th is one day before my girlfriends. (Me being Varsity and I).

#178863 Switch Shot?

Posted by doubleshot on 22 September 2008 - 05:46 PM in General Nerf

Some real information (although maybe you guys already knew this...at least it'll be in an old topic) can be found here.

Off Topic a little- I read what the comments were for the game, and I am appalled at the ignorance level. They have no idea what a Nerf gun and dart can do. Have them try staring down the Skull of Doomsayer and they'll see what they think is an 8 year old's game.

I'm appalled by your ignorance. How many people do you expect to even know that a Nerf gun can be modified?

#177642 Nf2k

Posted by doubleshot on 15 September 2008 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

Very clean, very nice. I like it a lot. Is it uncomfortable to hold? The pump looks like it may interfere with the grip.

#177607 Crossbow Stickers

Posted by doubleshot on 15 September 2008 - 07:38 PM in General Nerf

I opened my NIB crossbow the other day, and I have the stickers. I could scan them or something if someone really wanted them.

I'm assuming it wasn't just a box full of saw dust then. Damn. Phil, we were wrong.

Haha, It was worth the extra bit of money just to have the fun of opening it. I figured, why did I buy it to not have fun with it. That and, the little Kenner advertisement book was really cool.

#177600 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by doubleshot on 15 September 2008 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

The paintballs were crappy, but I bought 2 packs of 80 for like 2.50 a piece. They were worth it for about an hour of enjoyment.

did your $2.50 packs of "crappy paintballs" come with any lengths of pteg?

Don

Nah, none whatsoever. It seemed to be the exact size that OMC sells, the medium wall.

#177581 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by doubleshot on 15 September 2008 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

I went there today, the one I saw about 6 months ago was STILL there, on sale for 10 bucks. The paintballs were crappy, but I bought 2 packs of 80 for like 2.50 a piece. They were worth it for about an hour of enjoyment.

"crappy" is almost high praise compared to the reviews those "splatballs" deserve.
Real paintball enthusiasts probably look down on these things about the way we do to the crappy grocery-store SSPB knock-offs.

Is yours labeled "SupaSplat" like mine?

I have some mod ideas I think could turn out really cool, but since it's mostly still pure speculation, I'll keep it to myself until I have something to show.

Yea, it is a SupaSplat. Neat gun I thought.

#177551 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by doubleshot on 15 September 2008 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

I'll have to see how cheap I can get them from Spencer's. Maryann works there and they get some really good discounts. I've always wanted one, but wasn't willing to pay the price.

I went there today, the one I saw about 6 months ago was STILL there, on sale for 10 bucks. The paintballs were crappy, but I bought 2 packs of 80 for like 2.50 a piece. They were worth it for about an hour of enjoyment.

#177547 Crossbow Stickers

Posted by doubleshot on 15 September 2008 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

I opened my NIB crossbow the other day, and I have the stickers. I could scan them or something if someone really wanted them.

#177469 2009 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by doubleshot on 14 September 2008 - 11:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh my god, why don't they ever have wars in oregon! :o :angry: :(

Dude, this gets updated. Did you not read the post? Relax. I'm not sure if there are any annual wars in Oregon, but I know there are some nerfers around there.

#177318 Integrations...

Posted by doubleshot on 14 September 2008 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

Would the tubing you recommended me work well with the quick tubing connectors?

#177317 Big Blast Use

Posted by doubleshot on 14 September 2008 - 10:46 AM in General Nerf

Well when me an ice were at MillCreek we his original BBBB+Maverick intergration, The one he painted green, And it had a plugged pump so I guess it would be ok. But I would check the war description and Pm the host.

Can you ever make a legible post? When me AND ice.... We USED his... etc.
On topic. I'd assume that would be Ok, due to the loss in range and power. Unless its extremely well modded, and still getting 100ft or more, I'd say go for it.
EDIT:I'll handle the rest of this over PM.

#177316 Thinking About Starting A Regular Nerf Youtube Vlog

Posted by doubleshot on 14 September 2008 - 10:42 AM in General Nerf

You know, people that are the opposite of what Ice brings to the site.

I don't control the age and maturity of my audience.

But you do control your information that you give them. I'd still like to see that 130FT flat BBB. Sooth, make your first video about maturity/CoC if you plan on directing them here. Refer back to it often in other videos. I think that would be a much better way to handle it.

#177237 Integrations...

Posted by doubleshot on 13 September 2008 - 09:41 PM in Modifications

DoubleShot, as a connector, you can use this:
mcmaster part# 7757K11 $3.23
It is a barbed connector and a check valve.
I've never seen a quick disconnect check valve, but it would be a bit pricier. Check mcmaster, there's a fair chance they'd have them. I may have seen them in the past and overlooked them because of price.

TimmyTown, I've never heard of check valve 'T'. I don't really see a point. You either need one check valve and a T or two check valves and a T.

Would this hold the seal, or the pressure, just pushing it into the tubing? Or would there be something else involved in holding the seal? As for the quick connect check valve, I found one (1866T23) with a quick connect, and a threaded end. They are way out of my price range : P. Another thing, the reason I'm not PMing you these questions is, I've searched for this exact type of thing before. I'd assume someone will eventually.

#177178 Comming Soon: The Nerf Pen

Posted by doubleshot on 13 September 2008 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

Why does no one else see the fun in things like I do?

I understand the concerns but isn't modding supposed to be fun? Plus you could use the pen as a bragging right because it takes such skill to make.

No I'm not insane. I am though, very strange. AND I LIKE THAT.

One of the key factors of nerf, over PB or airsoft, is that its cheap.

#177170 Integrations...

Posted by doubleshot on 13 September 2008 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

Dam, seoulman, you know a LOT about air guns. I seem to always break mine or run into problems. Is there a way to put a check valve "connector" between 2 sections of tubing? Like a quick connector? And if so, where can I get them?

#177159 Comming Soon: The Nerf Pen

Posted by doubleshot on 13 September 2008 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

I don't think anyone on here would pay more then 5-6 dollars for what your describing.

#177075 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by doubleshot on 13 September 2008 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

I'll have to check my local Spencer's. I remember seeing one of these, but it was 18 bucks, so I passed it up. If its still there I'll buy it, due to Splitlip using one at Millcreek 2 weeks ago. His was another 10 minute mod, and it made me duck and watch out for him.

#177057 Pistolsplat Ps-800 Modification

Posted by doubleshot on 13 September 2008 - 09:51 AM in Modifications

I'd say thats worthy of a necro, as long as you tell us where you found it : P. These baby's seem to be pretty hard to find.

#176955 Smdtg Trigger

Posted by doubleshot on 12 September 2008 - 09:09 PM in Modifications

Is there any name for this valve/trigger set up? This is about the most interesting thing I've seen on these forums.

#176901 Defective Big Blasts?

Posted by doubleshot on 12 September 2008 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

I have never heard of a Big Blast that did exscatly that but I have had a big blast that leaked a lot after like 3 or 4 pumps. In other words it a 10 dollar gun witch means it isn't going to well manufactured every time.

Well maybe when it was being manufacter they forgot to put the O-Ring on the pump or something. Its a 9 dollar gun so mistakes can be made.

Umm, did you really need to post twice to say the same thing? You also changed the price, following in Ice's footsteps are we? Just because a gun is cheap, doesn't mean its prone to defection. The Vulcan is 40 dollars, and theres been numerous threads on NH about how they didn't work out of the box.
On topic, I thought Big Blasts were supposed to be higher quality then the LBB? Or are they both prone to defects?

#176874 Minor Request

Posted by doubleshot on 12 September 2008 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

I highly doubt that he has a rapid prototyper at his high school. He means that he'll print out a shape of it and cut it out of plexi or something.

I could just send you one of my extras for the cost of shipping though if you want.

My vocational school does. I take diesel tech. though, so I'm not allowed to use it.

#176549 A Different Ls Dtb

Posted by doubleshot on 11 September 2008 - 06:11 AM in Modifications

To be honest I don't think this thread was necessary unless you had any questions. But goodjob?(even though it's not finished)

I also love how this mod is a copy of B00M13's, and ice is getting more praise then he did for it. Not saying anyone should be praising up to people for mods, or paying 500+ dollars for anything Nerf for that matter. Regardless though, a decent mod, but why do you paint ALL of your guns primarily silver(and if not primarily, secondarily)?

#176332 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by doubleshot on 09 September 2008 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty sure thats mod man from Ebay. He sells a lot of modded guns/ammo/other stuff.

#176213 Homemade Ls Clip Breech?

Posted by doubleshot on 09 September 2008 - 06:54 PM in General Nerf

I believe he means without using a longshot. There was one at one point, and I'm pretty sure whoever made it is still active. I searched but I couldn't find it.

#176171 Splitlip's Vulcan Overhaul

Posted by doubleshot on 09 September 2008 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

Hmmm ... green gauge ...
That was the relatively new "Hulk Abomination" Titan, wasn't it?

Did that come with a ... green Hornet?

I bought it off of doubleshot, feel free to shoot him a PM, but I'm pretty sure it does.

Yea it did, I thought it was nifty, so I bought it. Sold the titan, Hornet just sucked. Completely awesome Split, I had no idea what the hell you were doing when you bought all this.

#176159 Breech/barrel Integration?

Posted by doubleshot on 09 September 2008 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

How the fuck did a retarded topic about integrating an SSPB onto a breech get into a fucking debate about guns firing off other guns?! TELL ME HOW!

Because thats the better idea.

#176065 Breech/barrel Integration?

Posted by doubleshot on 08 September 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

Hokay.

:D

Don't be a post whore. My views on the barrel gun integration is, How are you going to be sure the gun is in the same place every time? The beauty of a coupler is that it goes in at any rotation (for lack of a better word). If your used to your gun being somewhere, and it change through out a war, your going to be shot fumbling around, or just that split second of thinking. This does not seem like a useful idea for a war. I'd stick with tactical rail setups, and velcro.

#176008 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by doubleshot on 08 September 2008 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

The thing I hate is people who don't say what they are thinking that.

Thinking is a right.
I think I may paint the singled RFSG I got. It could very well be mistaken for a gun, by someone who's never seen one to begin with.

#175949 Nerf Dart Modification For Every Dart And Gun!

Posted by doubleshot on 08 September 2008 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Christ, its like some horrible copypasta that comes up about once a month or so. It's been done, and others without knowledge of the mod even existing.

#175828 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by doubleshot on 07 September 2008 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha. I like the one with the extras where Talio is shooting the titan rocket into people's faces. Dave's shot didn't seem to make it on. My shoulder shot (pathetic) did though. :)

Which one? I made countless head/neckshots that day.

Get off your high horse and read my post. The one where you got shot in the face by a titan missile. Probably was keef come to think of it though.

Thats why I was confused, I never got shot in the face by a titan missile. I thought you meant that pistol round that I potshotted and got you in the head. My bad if I came across as bragging. Thats one thing I try pretty hard not to do, and it was not intentional.

#175825 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by doubleshot on 07 September 2008 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

At the latest millcreek war, one of the park rangers came up in a truck, and Varsity, Splitlip, and myself were all standing there. I had a boomstick around my shoulder on a strap, and he asked me what it shot. I replied "foam darts". He asked me to shoot it, not believing me I'd suppose. I shot it towards a tree in the distance, nailing it. He just said carry on, and left. This was right about as Talio pulled in.

#175805 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by doubleshot on 07 September 2008 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha. I like the one with the extras where Talio is shooting the titan rocket into people's faces. Dave's shot didn't seem to make it on. My shoulder shot (pathetic) did though. :)

Which one? I made countless head/neckshots that day.

#175801 2x The Titan, Need Thoughts / Comments

Posted by doubleshot on 07 September 2008 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

It's going to be pretty hard to get this to work efficiently, and even if you do, you'll need about a 6 foot barrel.
I do NOT see this working well without significant work/time put into it. Let us know how it comes out though, for shits and giggles. Good luck. (not being sarcastic)

#175647 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by doubleshot on 07 September 2008 - 12:33 PM in Modifications

There we go.

Looks like It'd be uncomfortable, but everyone loves making crap guns into somewhat decent ones.