RetaliationXL's Content

There have been 8 items by RetaliationXL (Search limited from 12-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#355562 (survey) Lubing areas?

Posted by RetaliationXL on 16 August 2016 - 08:33 AM in Modifications

I have a qestion about types of lubes. Wich is better for sealing? And wich is for moving parts?

I still do use white lithium grease for all. Usually White lithium or silicone is just fine for all nerf lubricanting application.
Some people might adding silicone oil while lubed by si.grease for plunger sealing if the o ring seal is quite tight.Because white lithium wear off more quicker but more slippery.

#355558 (survey) Lubing areas?

Posted by RetaliationXL on 16 August 2016 - 02:42 AM in Modifications

Different ways have pro and cons:

Lube all moving surfaces:
-Minimal/no wears(even plastic to plastic contact point do wears due to friction)
-messy and dust trapping

Sealing areas only:
-less messy
-less dust traps
-plastic area wears(i.e bolt sled guiding rails)

So I want to see that which option mostly users maintaining currently

#355557 (survey) Lubing areas?

Posted by RetaliationXL on 16 August 2016 - 02:36 AM in Modifications

As we know every different user hv their preferences or habits...so,for my own benefits And even others...I hope to make a survey from community abt how they lube their blasters,I means where they lube...Ie,I personally prefer to lube all the moving parts like the shells and even lots on the bolt sleds cntact surfaces and others high moving parts, for some others they only lube sealing points. Thankyou

#355294 Asking about the white lithium grease...

Posted by RetaliationXL on 31 July 2016 - 10:08 AM in General Nerf

Usually it is, yeah. That's why I'm confused about this particular case.

Ya...Im suprised too abt this haha,I try to check on next maintainaNce to see...thanks!!( if possible I post a pic abt it ...( new user..my acc is under limitations

#355291 Asking about the white lithium grease...

Posted by RetaliationXL on 31 July 2016 - 09:38 AM in General Nerf

The grease is probably reacting with whatever they made the padding from (probably silicone). To be safe I'd wipe it off and replace it with silicone grease to see if that fixes it.

usually WLgrease is fine to use right? The colours mostly is from plunger tube, so I think no problem with the padding? But the tube dont hv any fades or Visible corrosion

#355273 EAT OMW need air seal?

Posted by RetaliationXL on 30 July 2016 - 10:23 AM in Modifications

Yes you will need the tape. I found it helped by 10 extra feet.

Thanks,will make a try on next maintainance

#355271 EAT OMW need air seal?

Posted by RetaliationXL on 30 July 2016 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

Do we need to use some teflon tape to wrap around the plunger rod head to improve the air seal? Because I founs that the OMW plunger rod is abit undersize which air is escaping when testing...so is it necessary to improve the seal? Or it wont affect much on performance n not so necessary? Thanks!

#355270 Asking about the white lithium grease...

Posted by RetaliationXL on 30 July 2016 - 09:11 AM in General Nerf

My question is when I lube my blaster...I found that the plunger padding(by worker )which is milky translucent in colour but turned abit orange in colour,which I suspect the stains is from the plunger's tube plastic....and I found that the remaining WL.greases(OMW) on the rod do have abit of orange staining...this make me worry is it corrode my plunger? Or mild discoloration is just fine? Thanks