Hunty Bunches Of Oats's Content

There have been 28 items by Hunty Bunches Of Oats (Search limited from 08-January 93)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#358351 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 03 March 2017 - 03:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys I'm really sorry, but I won't be able to make the war. I have a lot of stuff going on and I wont have a car that day. Sorry it's so last minute, I hope you guys have a good turn out. See you at the next one.

#358108 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 21 February 2017 - 12:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I plan on being there again. My rapidstrike is being worked on a little, as is my CF spring gun. I don't have much in the way of superstock loaners, but I'll have plenty of NIC stuff if anyone needs something.

Hopefully there will be at least 1 NIC round, I have yet to take my plusbow into glorious battle. I will loan out my rainbow pistol if anyone Is brave enough to take on a hopered primary with a pistol and a speed loader albeit a fairly powerful pistol.

#358070 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 19 February 2017 - 09:11 PM in Nerf Wars

It already seems like the last war was a month ago but the next war is still just about 2 weeks away. I don't know about you guys but I am gearing up for it. I think that I finally got all of the kinks out of my barricade. It should be a sweet little side arm. I modified another M6. Although I don't think that my team ever won while I was using it, it did feel like cheating a little at times. So, I will have a loaner M6 out there. Hopefully I have one mod left in me before the 4th. My stryfe is currently laying everywhere. Any cheap and easy food suggestions and also any game suggestions give me a shout out. I hope to get more footage and pics to help pub the club. Come one. Come all. Bring all of your friends, and your siblings, and their siblings, and their cousins, and those people down the street.

I will be there this time, I will be bringing my superstock and NIC Loadouts. I will also bring some loaners like a stock sentinel which should keep up with lightly modded stuff in case anyone needs it.

#358066 Stefans made from ear plugs??????

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 19 February 2017 - 05:08 PM in Darts and Barrels

Being over priced, disposable, and overall more effort, whats the point of making what you're proposing as compared to slugs?

#357868 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 06 February 2017 - 10:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Think I am gonna quit nerf. So far in the past 2 days I have broke one expensive blaster and one rare blaster to the point where they can't be used my rapidstrike nor will never be able to work and my alpha troopers plunger tube cracked. All because I tried to mod them both I can't keep up with the loss of money and guns nerf and really any other hobby just don't seem like something I can support anymore.

If you need any help with modding there are plenty of people to ask, this is Nerf Haven after all. Learn from your mistakes and change it up them the next go round. Also if you ever need to borrow anything i will be at the next war and would be happy to loan you some stuff or even help you out with modding basics (i myself am still learning the basics). Just don,t give up bud.

#357864 Retaliator mods.

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 06 February 2017 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

This is my Retaliator, it has a Gavinfuzzy pump grip, OMW stage 1 kit, and a Worker stock. It looks OK, works great,and is way cheaper than what you are proposing. I did the math (you're welcome) With everything it is $102.13 if you already have a stock and a retal its only $50 you have yourself a full fledged primary. If you must have internal priming just get an EAT, but i seriously wouldn't waste your money on the sig kit... just my two cents.

http://imgur.com/ex9zziX

#357861 Anybody Know Of Any "Easily Hopperable" Darts.

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 06 February 2017 - 05:49 PM in Darts and Barrels

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I ended up just ordering some #6 slugs from shandsgator8 and they work great. I will still however take all of your information into consideration, i definitely want to try some china darts in the future... thanks again. 

#357796 Username Change

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 03 February 2017 - 12:40 PM in Off Topic

Is there a way to change your username? If so who do I contact for that.

#357779 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 01 February 2017 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Says no modded I though I have an alpha with a 8kg should I bring that? Also the next best is a modded Stryfe but I will use boom co as secondary M6 pistol btw

Guess I will bring some modded in case

It says "superstock" meaning stock blasters (not homemade) modded to be "super" so yes modded blasters are allowed.

#357770 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 01 February 2017 - 10:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok see y'all there guess I gotta break out a springer that I didn't mod probly gonna be my alpha trooper and hammershot as side arm

If I was going I would have some lightly modded stuff I could loan to you... but I won't be there.

#357768 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 01 February 2017 - 10:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. Unless I hear otherwise from lpat then, I'll assume it's still on and I'll be there.

Sadly I won't be at this one, hopefully the "once a month" thing works out. If it does I should be at the next one.

#357759 Houston Area Nerfers Unite - September 16th 2017

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 31 January 2017 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I said in the other thread that I'd be there, so I want to check and see if this is still happening. There hasn't been a lot of interest here, have you gotten enough elsewhere?

I would love to show up I am in Houston please let me know if this is still on hard to find any nerf wars down here

I have no idea how often he checks on here, but I joined the group on Meetup and according to that, it's still happening and there are at least 17 people attending.

#357724 Throwback Surfing

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 28 January 2017 - 09:38 PM in Off Topic

I don't know if I'm alone doing this, but I often find myself going way back in the forums and wishing I was around for the more "experimental" and "primitive" era of nerf modding, where hamps were all the rage and duct tape was a primary bonding material... It was a much simpler time.

#357624 Ace Silicone Grease?

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 19 January 2017 - 05:48 PM in General Nerf

Thanks guys, everything seems to be working fine, I was just worried I made some catastrophic mistake.

#357609 Ace Silicone Grease?

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 18 January 2017 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

So I've been using ace brand silicone grease, the packaging claims that it's safe for plastic and rubber. I recently read on Reddit that ace brand grease is bad for blasters, but I wasn't sure so I figured I would ask, thanks.

#357549 Tips For Making A 17/32 Bass Barrel For Use With A Wye Hopper.

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 13 January 2017 - 04:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

So after going through all 16 pages of the darts and barrels section of the forum I couldn't find an answer so I figure it's time to ask. I found that in my area, beige foam slugs fit really well in 17/32 brass. So naturally I want to use that as my barrel material. I've already used pliers to flare out the end, and I've been trying to wrap e tape until it's the correct thickness for 1/2" pvc, but the e tape slides forward and "telescopes" down the length of the brass. When I remove even a little bit it's instantly too loose and it's very frustrating, so I have no idea if I'm doing this right so if you know of any guides or have any tips please let me know, thanks.

#357542 Where's the Houston nerfers at?

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 12 January 2017 - 04:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I'm so late, I will be there as well.

#357528 For those in more humid areas what barrel material do you use?

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 11 January 2017 - 09:09 AM in Darts and Barrels

Worth pointing out: humidity shouldn't affect closed cell foam in any meaningful way.

As Snoop said, a lot of the barrel material we use does not have tight manufacturing tolerances on the inner diameter. You have to shop around to find CPVC that will fit your darts well.

I've heard mixed opinions on that, but what I can tell you is that after a trip to Home Depot and a trip to Ace and around 40 different test fits on cpvc I couldn't find one that had a good fit.

#357523 For those in more humid areas what barrel material do you use?

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 10 January 2017 - 09:03 PM in Darts and Barrels

Plastics can fluxuate in size, its not about the area it might just be the fit overall. It depends what blaster you're firing out of and dart fit, but stronger blasters can fire thick darts out of tight barrels. Beige foam is usually thicker so you want a thicker bore barrel if it's a weaker blaster. I reccomend some .527 alu sheathed in magic, or anything thats .511 bore and above to .527 bore. 

SCH 80 you have to get lucky with as some are a bit too loose, (.580 bore) while some are perfect (.511 bore)
A lot of plastic barrels you just have to get lucky with, 

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I found that there were other problems going on besides just the barrel fit, but that was still a problem. I'm going to try the aluminum, thanks for your response. Also I'm a little new to the hobby and was wondering what "magic" was, thanks.

#357495 For those in more humid areas what barrel material do you use?

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 07 January 2017 - 07:48 PM in Darts and Barrels

Hi, I live in Texas and am having trouble with beige foam slugs fitting in 1/2" petg (too tight). I went to the hardware store today and the 1/2 cpvc was an even tighter fit. My question is for those of you who are in a more humid area (like me) what barrel material do you use, and where do you get it? Thanks.

#356738 Anybody Know Of Any "Easily Hopperable" Darts.

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 16 November 2016 - 07:49 AM in Darts and Barrels

It's a knifty wye made by captainslug (he made the blaster too). I'm 87% sure the barrel is made from PETG. Hope that helps.

#356728 Anybody Know Of Any "Easily Hopperable" Darts.

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 15 November 2016 - 02:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

Actually, Slugs feed the most consistently, in my experience.  That said, it completely depends on the blaster.  My SGRL feeds /everything/, except for koosh darts.

I'm sorry if my title was not completely clear, I'm looking for a non-homemade alternative to slugs that is hopperable like captainslug's men-gun darts

#356724 Anybody Know Of Any "Easily Hopperable" Darts.

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 15 November 2016 - 01:33 PM in Darts and Barrels

So let me start by saying that I suck at making slugs, it's a sad but true fact. I'm looking for a semi-affordable dart that feeds in a hopper when cut down (if not half length already).

I know that captainslug uses the men-gun darts, but I was wondering if anybody could present any alternatives and a reson why you like them.

Thanks in advance!

#355163 Plusbow Rev. 3

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 23 July 2016 - 07:43 PM in Homemades

Has the smaller stock on your pump action variant been an issue in terms of comfort?

#355042 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 16 July 2016 - 11:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome war, everyone. It was great to see so many new faces and to have such a large turnout. Sounds like I may have inspired some people to get into homemades, too. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can turn out.

In other news, whoever is missing a white Triad, send me a PM and we'll work out how to get it back to you.

Yes it was awesome RIP Triad 

#354918 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 10 July 2016 - 01:30 PM in Nerf Wars

We're a week out!

I will try to bring some stuff to trade including a vortex drum and a bag of vortex discs. If you feel so inclined, bring stuff you would like to trade or sell as well.

If anybody has a sonic ice Retaliator they are willing to trade please bring it, I have some stuff I will bring to trade as well.

#354571 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 25 June 2016 - 09:22 PM in Nerf Wars

So I wear prescription glasses and have trouble fitting safety glasses over them, could I just wear my glasses or do I need to buy some glasses friendly goggles.

#354127 Houston Summer War 2016

Posted by Hunty Bunches Of Oats on 11 June 2016 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there, (I'm huntybunchesofoats on Reddit)