kwaneazy's Content

There have been 19 items by kwaneazy (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#271990 Titan Not Firing With More Than 9 Pumps

Posted by kwaneazy on 12 April 2010 - 12:29 AM in General Nerf

Hi Everyone,

Again, apologies for the double post but I have made some progress in the problem.

I have discovered that the tank pin opens the same amount regardless of what pressure there is, but at higher pressures, the tank pin needs to travel further back to release all of the air.

For instance, if the trigger pulls the tank pin back 10mm to release the air normally, at higher pressures, the trigger needs to pull back 15mm to release all the air.

I have played around with adjusting the trigger to try produce more pull on the pin but there is only so much room I can mess around with.

There is obviously something going on inside the air tank but I am hesitant to open it up. Has anyone opened a titan tank before for repairs?

#271943 Titan Not Firing With More Than 9 Pumps

Posted by kwaneazy on 11 April 2010 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

Lt. Stefan - ... Then I hope that's not the case.

TantumBull - Cheers mate I'll try find his post. But you're right it is a matter of release and NOT actually holding the air. I think whatever I pump stays in the tank, but at higher pressures it doesn't release as it should.

Gonna break the beast open again today and hopefully make some progress.

Thanks for all the help guys.

#271901 Titan Not Firing With More Than 9 Pumps

Posted by kwaneazy on 11 April 2010 - 07:23 AM in General Nerf

Sorry for the double post but just thought I'd update everyone on the problem solving progress.

I've opened up the Titan and taken out the two ball bearings, as well as plugged up the over pressure valve with hot glue.

When I put the gun back together I was able to pump it 22 times and it fired beautifully. My excitement, however, was short lived, and subsequent attempts at pumping it more than 9 times have failed.

Lt. Stefan - I plan on reopening and checking the tank pin opening. If I find that it doesn't open as much with more pumps what should I do?

#271876 Titan Not Firing With More Than 9 Pumps

Posted by kwaneazy on 10 April 2010 - 09:58 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the replies guys.

I live in Australia and had this shipped over from Canada from an ebay purchase.

I was going to open it up and do the standard mods anyway so if this thing can be remedied by taking out the tilt balls I'll give it a crack.

I'll see how I go.

#271857 Titan Not Firing With More Than 9 Pumps

Posted by kwaneazy on 10 April 2010 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

Hey guys,

I've recently purchased a Titan and it was going well for the first few days of use (I could get 20 pumps with it and it would shoot well, like a Titan should).

Today however, whenever I pump it more than 9 times, it would only let out tiny amounts of air - barely enough to even make the rocket leave the Titan.

If I pump the pressure gauge to just under full, it would let all the air out, but anymore than that, and it wouldn't let all the air out.

Does this have something to do with the check valve? Is it something that can be fixed or should I return it for a new one?

Cheers,

Sean

#271702 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by kwaneazy on 09 April 2010 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

This thing shoots everything under the sun!

Bravo.

#268282 Lanard Shotgun Brassed

Posted by kwaneazy on 06 March 2010 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Yeah the PETG idea was just me noobing out and not knowing what I was talking about. I have the PETG now and can quite clearly see that it's not gonna be sliding into the 9/16.

Do any of the other brass sizes fit into 9/16?

In regards to earlier comments about e-tape and putty - I used e-tape for centering and also so it acts as a coupler. With some twisting and pulling the brass comes out and I can put something else in if I need too.

Yibbidy Yibbida

#268227 Lanard Shotgun Brassed

Posted by kwaneazy on 06 March 2010 - 10:03 AM in Modifications

Yes, perhaps it would have been better to have this post as a work in progress...

I find the 9/16 brass is just a smidgen too loose for stock darts.

Anyone recommend anything I can put inside to get a nicer fit?

In the meantime I have put some E-Tape (Yes, I love my e-tape) just under the tips of my darts to fatten them up.

This has given me remarkably another 5 metres in ranges.

Beauty of a gun though.

#268204 Lanard Shotgun Brassed

Posted by kwaneazy on 06 March 2010 - 02:10 AM in Modifications

Hi All,

Thought I'd show everyone what I did to this shotgun to make it more effective.

First of all I need to say that I loved the 3 shot concept... it was just a damn shame that it didn't work.

And so... I had to brass it out.

Posted Image

I used 9/16 brass as I could not find any 7/32.

Posted Image

To have the brass fit in the existing grooves I had to wrap each one in electrical tape. This took a while.

Posted Image

The seal to the plunger is good but the darts are a little loose in the brass. I am waiting for some petg. When that arrives I'll slide it into the brass.

Posted Image

I took off the buttstock and now it's a good looking shotty.

* I also did Mr Badwrench's internal mods from Nerfhaven - http://nerfhaven.com...mode=linearplus

I believe this helped performance somewhat. Thanks for that Mr Badwrench!

This shotty now shoots 10-12 metres flat, which is much better than the 4 mtrs it did stock.

Enjoy my friends.

- Sean

#201204 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by kwaneazy on 05 January 2009 - 12:09 AM in General Nerf

Nice signature quote.

Love it.

#201175 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by kwaneazy on 04 January 2009 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

Yeah Mr delish's work is very good.

Truth be told this is my first and only Nerf gun that I have/will paint.

I did it as part of a costume for a party.

Lazy? No. Rushed perhaps? Very much so.

For those interested in seeing the armour I wore this gun with -

http://photos-c.ak.f...1527178_543.jpg

*note, I made the lime green pieces of armour out of cardboard and fibreglass resin. The rest of the suit, including helmet was purchased off ebay.

#200896 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by kwaneazy on 03 January 2009 - 07:42 PM in General Nerf

Hey, can you show me exactly how you attached the box to the gun? Because I have one of those boxes which I found for 7 bucks at a hardware store, and I modded three chains together and wanted to attach the box to it to have 75 shots (which luckily couldn't fit better in the box). And also, do the magnets slam the box to the gun and damage it when you put it on?

Here is the pic of how I mounted the magnets and the box.

Posted Image

On the box, I also put a strip of velcro to dampen the impact during attachment.

The magnets are stuck onto the gun (very carefully) with hot glue. As you can see I have put a piece of neoprene foam under the magnets that the box can lean against.

#200749 Less Than Satisfactory Maverick

Posted by kwaneazy on 03 January 2009 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

Hot glue is notoriously terrible as a sealing agent, it's a good thing you ripped it off. I don't know what this Blue Tac is, but from my experience with the Maverick you need a relatively thin glue to seal the gap, like a small amount of Plumber's Goop or a liquid cyanoacrylate adhesive (like Krazy Glue or Super Glue).

EDIT: I found out what Blue Tac is, and unless I'm wrong it is relatively similar to epoxy putty. FYI: I don't think that stuff will hold a seal for long or if there is even a complete seal if it is indeed like epoxy putty.

Yeah blu-tac is a putty like all rounder we use here in Oz. So far It has been doing a decent job. Today I am going to be removing all of the hot glue from the remains of the AR's and looking for more ways to seal it.

Thanks for all the input, I will let you know once I finally solve this problem.

To bamblack2000, when it was stock it did fire quite well. And the mods I have done to it have actually significantly decreases performance. I am gonna try turn that around now!

Wish me luck

#200748 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by kwaneazy on 03 January 2009 - 12:47 AM in General Nerf

Thanks mate!

I learnt how to do it when my little brother was heavy into warhammer. Notice all the citadel paints I was using. Awesome stuff once you get the hang of it.

#200453 Less Than Satisfactory Maverick

Posted by kwaneazy on 02 January 2009 - 03:26 AM in Modifications

Thanks Ajaq, I took your advice about the seal on the AR plate and the barrel and cleaned the hot glue off the top. Secondly, I also put a ring of blu tac around the perimeter of each hole to even better seal the connection.

This worked quite well, and now all darts leave the barrel and I average 6-7 metres on the maverick.

I still remember this gun firing better stock though (10 metres average) ...perhaps an AR removal on the maverick is actually counter-productive?

Any other theories welcome on how I can make this blaster perform better.

#200444 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by kwaneazy on 02 January 2009 - 02:22 AM in General Nerf

AssasinNF those are all valid points. For that very purpose I paid extra for rare earth magnets, I have 2 stuck on the side and each one is rated at being able to pull a 6kg load. If you put the box on at the right place, it takes some muscle to pry off. If won't fall off if you run with it ...but your arms might from the weight.

I have thought about putting another box on the side to catch the darts but I think the sheer weight will then make it impracticable to take around. As such, for now this is a display item/stationary gun.

Sorry, in Australia our army surplus stores are called "Aussie Disposals", so yes you can pick one of these tracer boxes up from there. It is a 7.62mm tracer box and it fits the 50 dart belt very well.

#200420 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by kwaneazy on 02 January 2009 - 01:06 AM in General Nerf

Hi everyone,
I painted my Vulcan a month or so ago for a prop in a costume party get-up. Thought I'd share some pics with the community.

Note - as a little side mod, I did the 50 belt attachment, and bought a tracer box from the disposals shop. It is held onto the vulcan with 2 pieces of rare earth magnets and some foam.

Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#200417 Less Than Satisfactory Maverick

Posted by kwaneazy on 02 January 2009 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the replies guys.
Here are the pics I promised.

To Applefury, I have checked your suggestions and everything you have mentioned is as they should be. The plunger tube head is poked out a little and touching the turret and the turret rotation works fine. I have even hot glued sealed the sides of the remains of the ARs to make it airtight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please let me know if you guys see something wrong here.

Cheers

#200180 Less Than Satisfactory Maverick

Posted by kwaneazy on 01 January 2009 - 04:32 AM in Modifications

Hi guys,

I've been coming here for ages for various mods and such but have never needed to post till now. I have finally come up against a problem with a modded blaster that I cannot solve. So I seek input, as however many registered heads on this forum are better than one.

I had recently purchased a Nerf Maverick.
Of course, the first thing I did when I bought it home was to take out the AR's and to do the barrel mod (the one that allows more of the barrel to come out).
Everything was working fine until the AR removal, and now I get 3 misfires per load, and the rest barely make it 3 metres away from me...

I then rechecked all the internals and they looked fine. God knows how many times I have taken the blaster apart and re-assembled it now. I even went as far as to do the straw mod for the maverick (except I used blu-tac instead of expandable foam for the chambers). This, to my great disappointment, did nothing for me.

Is there something I missed completely? Everything inside the gun looks super tight to me and there shouldn't be any air leakage as far as I can see.

I will try get some pictures up here soon when I get home so you can all take a better look of the gun.

Input would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

Kwan