Elithenerficorn's Content

There have been 66 items by Elithenerficorn (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#363703 My alpha trooper will prime, but after pulling the trigger, it won’t f

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 March 2019 - 09:21 AM in Modifications

You’ve got a bad seal somewhere. Either you’ve broken the ar, cracked the bolt, or one of the o-rings broke or came off

#363702 Minnesota April Nerf War 2019

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 March 2019 - 09:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I’ll try to get there, but I might need a ride.

#363028 Motor-primed Springer help

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 31 May 2018 - 08:11 AM in Modifications

Keep in mind, most motor primed springers use motors half the size of your fist.
Use 180s

#363018 Motor-primed Springer help

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 29 May 2018 - 12:04 PM in Modifications

Use 180 size motors. With this kind of thing, bigger is better

#363008 Motor-primed Springer help

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 17 May 2018 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

I’m thinking you could probably use two stryfe full-auto kits(the one with the yellow gearbox), put 180s in it, and mount them backwards to the body of the blaster and attach the pusher in some way to the slide such that it interfaces with the gearbox, then use a 3-switch setup, minus the rev trigger for obvious reasons. This should make it posible to do controlled shots, because you still would have the trigger linked to the catch, except it would interface the catch earlier in the trigger pull, so you would be able to fire the blaster without activating the prime.
If you could somehow make this work with a dartzone magnum super drum.......
40 rounds full auto from a front loading revolver with 70+ FPS. And magnums are still in stores, and are still 15 dollars. HOLY SHIT
imma go fuck around with a dartzone magnum now.
Adios

#362992 3d sledgefire scan

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 09 May 2018 - 12:39 PM in General Nerf

Thanks tantum. This will help immensely.

#362988 Amperage of Stock XSW Full-automatic Modified Kit with 2s lipo?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 May 2018 - 02:37 PM in Modifications

Hmmm. What motor are you using for the pusher?

#362987 3d sledgefire scan

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 May 2018 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

I need a translucent shell. Im trying to do an led job that requires more then just cutting a slot and gluing some sanded polycarb.
Who do I ask?
Edit: I just realized I could try resin casting. I still would like to get a sledgefire scanned, because it isnt as imprecise as casting

#362983 3d sledgefire scan

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 07 May 2018 - 12:20 PM in General Nerf

I was wondering if anyone has scanned a sledgefire. Not the shells it uses, but the blaster shell itself, if not, would anyone who has a 3d scanner be willing to scan the shell for me. I can send the sledgefire. Pm me if youd be willing to

#362981 Amperage of Stock XSW Full-automatic Modified Kit with 2s lipo?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 04 May 2018 - 01:06 PM in Modifications

Try and find a pwm rated for 10 amps. That’s what the switch’s we use in the hobby are rated for, so it’s a safe bet that a 10 amp PWM won’t burn out.

#362980 Upgraded Air Cannon Design - W.W.A.C. 2.0

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 04 May 2018 - 01:03 PM in Homemades

Found an outofdarts video( )were he had a drainblaster singled for rival and he was getting about 200 FPS out of like an 11 inch loose fit barrel. It’s definitely posible to blow past the 130 FPS with enough power

#362978 Elite RSCB'd Hotshock

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 03 May 2018 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

Nice writeup as always Meaker

Kohl’s business model is weird

#362966 Singled marsmallow blaster

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 30 April 2018 - 02:36 PM in Modifications

You can also imbed photos with the ‘attach photo’ feature.

#362965 OG Alpha Trooper CS-18 Spring Replacement

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 30 April 2018 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

True, but not all exploderz springs will fit
Ace #69 fits over the plunger tube and is more powerful than [k26], but you would have to modify the catch to accept the od of the spring
Oh, and it would break instantly if you don’t fabricate your own catch out of steel or aluminum. :)

#362963 Singled marsmallow blaster

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 30 April 2018 - 08:41 AM in Modifications

Nice first post. Dead space and the stock seal is probably your problem, most people just hot-glue a half inch pvc coupler to the front of the air tank and make speed loaders for them. It’s nice how you maintain the break action

#362958 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 28 April 2018 - 11:31 AM in General Nerf

I saw Walcoms thunderbow tag back. Were those your rings he was using?

#362934 "Thanatos" Rayven Phase 1 Short Write Up

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 17 April 2018 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Thanks for adding pictures, that’s really cool how you did the battery tray. Is that a painted Rayven, or is that a Rayven fire

#362930 "Thanatos" Rayven Phase 1 Short Write Up

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 16 April 2018 - 01:30 PM in Modifications

Sorry, but Simply listing the mods you did with no pictures isn’t that helpful. The purpose of a mod guide/writeup is to explain what you did so other people can replicate it. I for one want to see how you did that battery tray, as well as just a picture of what it looks like. If you don’t have the time to make a full writeup, that’s okay, but maybe just post the mod list with a picture in the mod pictures thread :)
Done bitching.

This sounds cool, can’t wait for phase 2

#362906 Weirdest mechanical failures you've ever had?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 12 April 2018 - 11:17 AM in Modifications

Whenever i fire my modded zs Longshot, the darts fold into a v shape and wedge themselves into the barrel.
Still in the process of fixing this too.

If you don’t have a brass breach in it, try taking a half-inch drill bit and bore down the barrel, the problem you would be having is that the darts are too long, because the ls was made to fire streamlines, which are a tad shorter than elites. This causes the dart to fold when it pushes against the dart tooth. Drilling out the barrel will make it so the dart can slide back a little, eliminating this problem.
If you have a brass breach in it, I don’t know how to help you.

#362904 Custom Battery question. (most likely a stryfe)

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 12 April 2018 - 08:04 AM in Modifications

Yeah, but the performance diference is not very much between 3s and 2s without changing the cage and wheels. For a Stryfe with stock cage, 2s is more than enough, but if you are going to a high crush cage like an eclipse cage, a 3s setup is necessary to get enough torque

#362900 Custom Battery question. (most likely a stryfe)

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 11 April 2018 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

I thought it was rhinos on a 2s, hellcats on a 3s. I guess I thought wrong, thnx Meaker

#362896 Post your DIY/Maker/Craft/Mod hobbies

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 11 April 2018 - 01:33 PM in Off Topic

I make art. Mostly pottery and metal art. I’m a tinkerer (how I got into nerf), so I mess around with a bunch of stuff. I also do basic mechanical and electrical repairs.

#362894 Custom Battery question. (most likely a stryfe)

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 11 April 2018 - 12:52 PM in Modifications

Don’t run rhinos on a 3s, neo rhinos are meant to be run on a 2s. 9v are shit because their current is shit, and making your own power source is both extremely unsafe and will very likely melt a hole in your blaster. you can buy a balance charger for 12 dollars and a 2s for less than 20 from outofdarts’ Etsy page if you are in the states. The Lipo and charger will be necessary for any 2s builds he does in the future.

#362892 XSW auto kit with Stefan Darts

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 11 April 2018 - 09:07 AM in Modifications

Im working on a doublestacked Stefan mag that only works with flywheels, and Ive got the basic idea done, but I need to find a way to make it so one follower can be fully depressed and the other be fully extended. Currently Im using two six round follower springs, but those interfere with each other.
Also, captain xavier recently did a video on some full auto kits that had extended pushers. Unfortunately, they didnt work well and the extended Pusher seems to only work for artifact mags.

#362888 Modifications Directory

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 10 April 2018 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

There arent any n-strike alpha trooper mods, the ones under the alpha trooper category are both for the eat.
Sorry for the necropost.

#362887 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 10 April 2018 - 09:05 AM in General Nerf

I stand corrected :). Thnx snakerbot for the info

#362886 OG Alpha Trooper CS-18 Spring Replacement

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 10 April 2018 - 09:03 AM in Modifications

It depends, if you just want the bolt, plunger, catch and spring, like 15+shipping. I kinda want to keep the boltsled though, because itll fit in a retaliator. If you want the whole kit, 20+shipping. It is used, keep in mind, but it still gets elite performance(75 FPS) when I put it into a recon I had just to see if it works. Pm me if youre interested

Edit-I searched around, and it looks like the recon bolt and plunger tube would fit into the alpha trooper shell. The only diference between the two is the guiding fins on the plunger. The fins on the alpha trooper are rectangles, and the fins on the recon are weird triangles. Other than that they look to be the same thickness. Once you get the alpha trooper, measure the thickness of the fins and tell me, regardless of whether you want the recon internals or not, because I want to know:)

#362879 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 09 April 2018 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

Those will probably not work because they are smaller. Like I said, pretty much the only way to fire the stock ammo type is to get acces to a 3D printer and print some.
If your not gonna sell it, you could try putting homemade internals in it

#362874 OG Alpha Trooper CS-18 Spring Replacement

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 April 2018 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

i Dont know what springs will fit, longshot springs are bigger than stock at springs. I do have a omw full metal internals kit for the recon though, and Im pretty sure the bolt and the plunger are the same on both blasters. I could sell you the entire kit, which comes with a pretty beefy spring. Also, if this is a just because, do a powerstock:). They are challenging to figure out, but are the only reasonable way to upgrade a reverse plunger system without finding the exact right diameter spring.

#362871 Cheap Mods?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 April 2018 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

If you want to fire darts, get a dual-strike, with some basic mods and hole plugging, this thing can fire multiple kinds of ammo and can fire singled elite rather well. Take a look at captain xavier’s dualstrike mod. He does a pretty good job of it, and best part is... no dremmelling or shell cutting required

#362870 Koosh Vortex

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 08 April 2018 - 03:52 PM in General Nerf

Anything from the koosch ring-firing line of blasters are rare. Not supermax 9000 rare, but still rare. If you want to fire the original ammo type, I think there are some files for the koosch rings on thingiverse. If you are looking for overall info on the series, look up the tornadobow. Its in the same series but is way more popular for its ergonomics. The original rings are so rare I dont think anyone on this site right now owns one, and many of us have never even seen one, on video or otherwise.

#362855 Cheap Mods?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 05 April 2018 - 10:37 AM in Modifications

Go with a springer of some sort.

#362852 Minnesota June Nerf War 2018

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 05 April 2018 - 08:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok thnx

#362851 Which and what to do for a super-stock springer?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 05 April 2018 - 08:00 AM in Modifications

For a spring get the omw 8 kilo spring

#362847 Which and what to do for a super-stock springer?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 04 April 2018 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

I’m not a dude:)
I didn’t mean the plungerhead seal, I meant the seal between the bolt and the end of the plunger tube. Even on new longshots, that seal is terrible, and it’s worse on older longshots. Same with the stock barrel. there is only a half-inch of seal. With brass breaches, you can expirement with barrel lengths to get the FPS you want. You could also forgo the sealed breach for just brassing the bolt. Tantum is completely right about reinforcing the boltsled. I didn’t even bother with it though and instead just bought an omw unleashed solid stage two kit, which comes with a reinforced boltsled, reinforced plunger rod/head assembly, and a metal trigger.

#362841 Minnesota June Nerf War 2018

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 04 April 2018 - 09:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Will there be loaner darts?

#362840 Which and what to do for a super-stock springer?

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 04 April 2018 - 09:09 AM in Modifications

The longshot is a great modding platform.
Expirement. most real modding is trail and error.
A brass breach and a better seal are both good places to start

#362795 Nerf "High-powered" Blasters

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 25 March 2018 - 04:08 PM in General Nerf

I agree with beaver. Even though I have two high FPS blasters (bbumb longstike and a sealed breach longshot), it’s only really fun to use them if I’m playing with people who are also armed similarly. With more weapon diversity, I have way more fun running around with a shield and a hammer shot or my nerf rapier, Rather than using my 200+ laser shooting single-shot airgun.

If you like going at it with your friend at 250+ FPS, go for it. No one here is going to judge you unless you start using shotgun primer to fire nerf darts.

#362777 homemade gun recommendations

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 23 March 2018 - 12:31 PM in Homemades

Theoretically it’s posible if you find materials around your house

#362776 XSW auto kit with Stefan Darts

Posted by Elithenerficorn on 23 March 2018 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

It depends, are you planning to use forward mags or centered mags.
If you are using forward mags all you need is an extended pusher, but if you are using centered mags alla stock katana conversion, you need to modify both your trigger and pusher rod to have increased stroke