Kilomona's Content

There have been 99 items by Kilomona (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#358290 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by Kilomona on 28 February 2017 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

Similar to how the koosh vortex tornado used a priming handle that pulls the rod back, but isn't attached so it can for forward again could we put a long notch on the priming rod?

#358081 S.O.S. Endangered Shell Protection Initiative

Posted by Kilomona on 20 February 2017 - 03:09 PM in General Nerf

The idea of this thread is what we're working on over in the "koosh vortex tornado scans (now a shell replication thread)" thread.

#357999 Can everyone please mesure their nerf guns?

Posted by Kilomona on 16 February 2017 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

Sure, once I'm home on Friday/Saturday. Will upload data in centimeters and inches. Might be off by a little bit because I don't have calipers, so I'm using a tape measure.

#357865 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Kilomona on 06 February 2017 - 08:26 PM in Homemades

DON'T QUOTE THE PICTURES IF THEY'RE IN THE POST IMMEDIATELY ABOVE YOU, YOU DUMMY.

- ICE NINE

That is niiiice. Is it 3D printed? And do you have internals to put into it to test the strength? I don't think it won't matter as much for the tornado, as the internal parts take most of the stress, but it would be nice to see some good progress.

#357753 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Kilomona on 31 January 2017 - 05:23 PM in Homemades

As for the aluminum casting, what about modeling shells in foam? We could experiment with small, less detailed shells like the SSPB, or print shells in flammable filaments ( if such a thing exists).

#357722 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Kilomona on 28 January 2017 - 06:32 PM in Homemades

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but how could acetone vapor smoothing or epoxy resin smoothing 3D prints affect this? We all know we don't want the rough texture of 3D printed parts that haven't been sanded, and they remain weak in between layers, but acetone vapor smoothing would both bind the layers better and smooth the outside without removing material. Drawbacks of this method include the required use of ABS plastic, and the toxic and flammable fumes, of course. Resin smoothing would bond the layers even better, adding considerable strength, and smooth them out. Either of these methods help the practicality of making negative molds without bubbles between the layers of the print, and general use of 3D printed parts. Hand mixed silicon could be poured over a smoothed 3D print to make a very high resolution mold, or the printed part could be used in greensand (special sand for aluminum casting) to make aluminum shells. Just wanted to throw that out.

Here's a video by tested on using silicon molds to recreate 3D printed parts in resin. For full size nerf blasters, you would need a lot of materials, but we could "mass-produce" parts.
The drawback to this method is as far as I know, you need a solid piece, so shells would be a challenge.

#357116 Extended Hammer

Posted by Kilomona on 12 December 2016 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

I say try it, but if it breaks when priming (test with thick gloves so no bleeding everywhere) print it again and give it a thin coat or epoxy or resin and try it again.

#357028 NERF part dimensions

Posted by Kilomona on 05 December 2016 - 12:04 PM in General Nerf

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B001AQEZ2W

No chill, cap'n.
Really though, measure it yourself, even if you only have a ruler or even tape you can mark

#356563 Best way to go about a pump action retaliator

Posted by Kilomona on 01 November 2016 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Making your own isn't difficult or expensive. Coat hangers, tape, an a no cutter is really all you need.

#356420 HvZ primary

Posted by Kilomona on 25 October 2016 - 02:24 PM in General Nerf

Magnum is good, you could use destiny well.

#356265 Big salvo blast button

Posted by Kilomona on 15 October 2016 - 12:51 PM in General Nerf

If you don't need two separate trigger pulls, you could use a lever trigger to push the two buttons at about the same time. That may also work to make it a two stage trigger pull. Alternatively, using one tank, you can use pipes to route the air to two (or really however many you want) barrels at once.

Edit: typically, back pressure air tanks have attached blast buttons.

#356002 Homemade Titan Rockets- How would YOU go about them?

Posted by Kilomona on 25 September 2016 - 02:59 PM in Darts and Barrels

I would use pool noodle with half stress balls on the top.

#355997 I need few more responces for a QUICK nerf survey

Posted by Kilomona on 25 September 2016 - 12:02 PM in Off Topic

1. Nerf as a hobby has a lot of real-life aspects that I really like. The problem solving and engineering aspect as well as the investment of money and time really gets me. One reason that got me into the hobby was my obsessive research I do. Whenever I try to do something, I learn absolutely everything I can before investing money or time into it, and Nerfhaven snagged that part of my personality.
2. I would buy a blaster if there is monetary gain for me, or if it was a very well performing or looking blaster.
3. The maximum I would spend on a single blaster is probably $20-$30.

4.) 5, 4, 3, 0, 1, 3
5. Good 'ol 1.5" slugs.
6. Carbine
7. Single shot
8.) 3.5
9. More airguns, better darts
10. Metal breech silent electric pump loser shooting darts with good range

#355963 Clearcoat questions.

Posted by Kilomona on 23 September 2016 - 06:53 AM in Modifications

I use Rustoleum 2x extra clear gloss. I think it is really close to the stock nerf gloss, and I like that it doesn't need a lot for each blaster.

#355823 DP-2 low tide

Posted by Kilomona on 26 August 2016 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

Level of relevance non foreal you mean commas and semi colans I just read over it and see where some commas and semi colans should go, but not periods the way the sentences are structured makes them able to be longer.

Level of relevance? NonE. For real? You mean commas and semicolons. I just read it over and I see where some commas and semicolons should go, but no periods. The way sentences are structured makes them able to be longer.

#355588 My mods I work on for some clients

Posted by Kilomona on 17 August 2016 - 02:25 PM in Modifications

Do you live in aussieland, by any chance?

Looks like you have some nice work, what do your prices look like?

#355363 Help with Demolisher modding

Posted by Kilomona on 05 August 2016 - 08:32 AM in Modifications

Just do a rewire, maybe new flywheels and motors, and a lipo.

#354347 Blasters to look out for?

Posted by Kilomona on 18 June 2016 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Anything old- koosh vortex, lanard, old nerf stuff, and rare stuff like crimson strike and whiteout things. All of these are just for money. Also, air blasters are nice.

#354275 PETG-Ready HammerShot Cylinder - STL File

Posted by Kilomona on 16 June 2016 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I downloaded the file and printed one of these turrets.  It looks great, by the way. I like the styling with the open section allowing you to see the darts.  What I had not realized until now is that there are only five barrels.  This would be really awesome if it had seven, like some of the other printable cylinders.

Unless I misunderstood, you put PETG into holes made to be filled with it? If so, 7 holes seems like it would take more space than other 7 shot cylinders.

#354147 How much psi per shot?

Posted by Kilomona on 12 June 2016 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

An air blaster will literally tear elite darts apart in the barrel at that speed (trust me, I sacrificed many a dart testing my XBZ) 300 fps for any dart is much to dangerous to use on human beings with a nonlethal intent. I think 120 psi is what alot of people use for about 6-8 good shots, depending on tank size.

#354057 retaliator mod

Posted by Kilomona on 08 June 2016 - 02:12 PM in Modifications

I did mine really simply. I used the barrel extension and grip that came with it, cut the little wall on the attachment slide with a box cutter, sanded down tbe nub on the grip, cut a clotheshanger wire to length, taped on wore ba to each side, and voila.

#354016 Definitive Guide to 3D Printing

Posted by Kilomona on 06 June 2016 - 10:18 PM in Homemades

As you said, 3D print layers aren't chemically bonded. Could doing a sort of... Rubbing i guess? help with creating one? Like, taking a paintbrush with solvent weld on it and brushing it on the outside of the print to bond layers.

#353828 The BuzzBee Sentinel / Ultra Tek basic guide

Posted by Kilomona on 29 May 2016 - 10:00 AM in Modifications

Just btw, double post ;)

USER IS DISLIKED FOR BACKSEAT MODERATING

THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THE TOPIC.

#353815 Stampede vs Rapidstrike vs ??

Posted by Kilomona on 28 May 2016 - 04:25 PM in General Nerf

Rapidstrikes cam be made into absolute demons in the size of a pistol.

Stampedes can be overvolted and brass breeched, and pistolized.

The hyperfire is full auto, but it's weird.

#353756 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by Kilomona on 25 May 2016 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

Kind of building on DjOnslaught's idea, what about 4 spring coils arranged in a square design? That might help with evening out the the pull on the plunger.

#353739 First Mod -- Rapidstrike

Posted by Kilomona on 24 May 2016 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

The 180s are already in and the shell has already been cut. I don't even play competitively. Mostly just dick around with my roommates. I also have the 35 dart drum, so yeah. The goal for this build is to light up my roommates when they least expect it so the faster and harder they shoot the better. ;-)

A full set of 180s in a college dorm room- so close range- will hurt like hell, especially a full 35 drum. Unless they are really resistant to pain or know you really well, you'll be lucky to not have campus police called on you.

#353709 Constant Force spring blaster infodump

Posted by Kilomona on 23 May 2016 - 08:31 PM in Homemades

I think this could work with a very heavy draw, because it would accelerate quickly the whole time, perhaps even performing better than more common springs deaccelerating as they compress air. That kinda makes me want to see a spring that accelerates as it pushes... But, that sounds unrealistic.

#353700 Tornadowbow help

Posted by Kilomona on 23 May 2016 - 04:25 PM in Homemades

Check out drain extension tubes at your local hardware store that has plumbing materials.There might be some that are close to the same dimensions as the polycarbonate tube Ice Nine used. The plastic ones are generally pretty cheap.

http://www.homedepot...790BG/205153709

I'll definitely check those out. In the meantime, I have a barrel from a vulcan I want to test out. Its thin, strong, the right length, and fits in snugly. Only problem is the ridges on the inside of the barrel, which hopefully will be filled with grease and act as a self-lubricating feature. I plan to use a bath plug or something as a plunger head, and I have yet to find a suitable spring and plunger rod material.

#353672 Help with repair

Posted by Kilomona on 22 May 2016 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

Do you mean the one you pump up, and is really little? If so, try holding down the trigger and (with a dart in the barrel) moving the pump back quickly. If the dart moves or fires, your tank is probably leaky, If it doesn't, something is either 1. Blocking airflow, 2. The pump is broken, or 3. The piece you hold is messed up somehow. If the tank is leaky, open it up and examine it. If nothing jumps out at you as wierd, try pumping it up amd watch it. You may be able to pump it up then put it in water to see if it shoots out bubbles.

#353616 Tornadowbow help

Posted by Kilomona on 20 May 2016 - 07:50 AM in Homemades

Dont do it until you have the money for the right materials. Especially since the priming handle has to be aluminum or maybe polycarb to withstand the force. You won't find polycarb at ACE but call plastics shops in your area they usually have scrap pieces you can buy that are more than large enough for nerf applications.

For the priming handle, can it just be reinforced with epoxy putty or other material? I don't have tools to machine stuff for a homemade one. Also, I think i will just use pvc for the plunger tube, wood (really solid, i think its oak) for the plunger rod, and any spring I can find at ace or home depot. Also, no plastic shops around me unless home depot has that kind of thing.

#353614 Tornadowbow help

Posted by Kilomona on 20 May 2016 - 05:49 AM in Homemades

There's a whole writeup for it here: http://nerfhaven.com...the-tornadobow/

Yeah, I read that and the alternative one. The materials are the problem.

#353602 Tornadowbow help

Posted by Kilomona on 19 May 2016 - 07:26 PM in Homemades

Ditch the watergun tube. They tend to bend with movement of the seal and the plastic is super thin and soft. Your best bet would be to do something like Buffdaddy did, but with 1.25" pvc. Look around for seal parts. 

http://nerfhaven.com...2-tornadowsnap/

I can replace the water gun with pvc, but the washers and the polycarb plunger tube will be hard. And by hard, I mean I can't because I don't have any money. I also am very opposed to cutting the ring launcher apart...

#353598 Tornadowbow help

Posted by Kilomona on 19 May 2016 - 05:04 PM in Homemades

Hello everyone. As some of you know, I thrifted a Koosh Vortex Tornado a while back, and now I want to turn it into a Tornadobow. This thread is intended to request help and ask a few questions about doing this because 1: I have no money to spend, and 2: I have no power tools. So, lets ask some questions. Maniacal coyote, maybe you can use this thread too.
1: Plunger tube? I currently have the tube part of a squirt gun (the long tube kind, begs to be made into a plunger tube) taped into my tornado. I dod this because I didn't have anything else to use, and it fit right. I can cut the plunger head off of the other piece, it has a perfect seal.
2. Catch? I have access to most hand tools outside of a rasp and rat tail file, and yes aeromech, I saw your youtube video. That probably will work, but I need polycarb or pvc sheets, which I would have to buy online unless I can find it at ace.
3. Spring? Ace spring could work, other than that I don't have many options. Maybe buying cheap ones online?
Please help. I also have as raw materials: Tapes of various kinds, 1/2 inch pvc and cpvc, a local ace hardware, milk jugs(?) wood, metal bar, junk in general.
Sidenote: the ring launcher is completely functional outside of the shell. It just looks HIGHLY phallic.image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg

#353596 Magnus 9 shot

Posted by Kilomona on 19 May 2016 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

It's more than just possible, it's easy and also been done before. 

<snip>

This is actually a Ten Shot Magnus I made over two years ago. 

Pretty much exactly what has been said here is what I did to it, with one exception. Don't use "liquid epoxy", you need to use Methacrylate; MMA, Devcon, whatever brand just be sure it's active ingredient is Methacrylate. Leaps and bounds better than "liquid epoxy". 

Just take your time, measure twice cut once. 

Can that topload or is the magazine/clip/ *insert filter word here, where "filter word" is equal to cl!p@z!ne* removable?

#353513 3D Texture Help

Posted by Kilomona on 16 May 2016 - 03:27 PM in Modifications

Don't use hot glue it will cone off easy!

Yeah... Hot glue can and WILL get rubbed off easily, epoxy putty will hold much better. Just try putting your thumb next to it and pushing a bit. It'll peel right off.

#353402 3D Texture Help

Posted by Kilomona on 11 May 2016 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

I dont have much experience with it, but epoxy putty on sanded shell could work.

#353191 Poll: How do you check the forums for new posts?

Posted by Kilomona on 02 May 2016 - 02:18 PM in Site Feedback

Wanted to append my "I don't see links" vote with a "I don't check enough pages to see links" comment. I look for unique stuff here and on reddit and sometimes a few other places, and since it's unique it's not usually a back-link to NH, it's content by the originator who is posting where they are. If that makes sense.

I would like to do the same... I only check nerfhaven consistently, and occasionally check r/Nerf.

#353164 Nerf Hyperfire Complete Internal Teardown, Review, and Chronograph Dat

Posted by Kilomona on 30 April 2016 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Does the conveyor belt run on seperate motors? If so, people could speed up or slow down the rate of fire as desired by adding new motors.

#353051 Small Shotgun Pistol Mod

Posted by Kilomona on 26 April 2016 - 07:31 AM in Modifications

Hi again and thank you for the amount of feedback! I will answer this in one reply (and later than I intended), because I am still limited to 3 posts a day...

Will it shoot all 3 darts at once, in a spread?

Airtanks (with compressed air, anything more powerful than the pump-it-up Nerfs) are a different category, controlled under gun law and you need to be licensed to mod any of these. No way I could use something like an airsoft gun and Put Nerf Barrels onto it...

Will post an update if I get anything worked out :)

Your first question, yes, a small one, for your second question, what's wrong with a tank you pump up?

#353025 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Kilomona on 25 April 2016 - 06:41 AM in Homemades

Im not very experienced with homemade's or xbows/tornado bows, However couldnt you just cut down a longshot and add a stock attachment then someone can 3d print a crossbow foregrip and stock witch can then be attached (the grip with epoxy or something similar).

You could, but that's not the point of this thread.