DjOnslaught's Content

There have been 321 items by DjOnslaught (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360769 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 June 2017 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

I'm using a drop-leg pouch like this, which works pretty well.  I can fit three 12-ball clips in it, and they stick out enough that I can reload them when not actively being shot at.
https://www.amazon.c...words=leg pouch

I love that one dude. I must get one now lol

#360638 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 18 June 2017 - 05:35 PM in General Nerf

I find the 3 fold collapsible condor dump pouch works fantastically for rival mags and I was able to hold 8 in the pouch and 1 in the atlas I was using

#359733 Does anyone know of an adapter that can screw onto a titan?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 May 2017 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

How about for just a adaptor that screw into the existing threads on the tank but let's you fit common homemade absolvers ?

#359732 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 May 2017 - 12:52 PM in Modifications

Too. Many. Gears.

I'm sure it could be done with fewer gears

#358332 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 02 March 2017 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

Or something similiar to the mega centurion (I know we aren't using a reverse plunger system, I meant as far as the act of pulling back pushes the breech forward to catch the dart, then when the trigger is pulled the plunger rod shoots forward trigger the dart firing and a spring to relock the plunger rod) or something similiar

#357989 Nerf Khaos broken magazine

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 February 2017 - 12:23 PM in General Nerf

Drac confirmed it on reddit today:

https://www.reddit.c...ags_are_coming/

In that same thread someone mentioned nemesis hopper reloads... they already sell them... everyone remembers the plastic boxes that held like xa mount of rival ammo... those could work, especially if someone found a way to enlarge them.

#357988 Magazine pouches, pockets or holsters th at suit the Worker 22 Banana

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 February 2017 - 12:17 PM in General Nerf

I keep my rig light and simple. Battle belt, secondary pistol on my left leg 2 water bottle pouches that hold 3 18s each on my right leg.
Dump pouch hanging in the back, 3 pack of 8rd mags on the right far enough up to not interfere with my drop leg set up. Currently looking for a molle butt pack for loose darts (my secondary is a gear up barricade) for reloading said barricade or topping off mags.
The water bottle holder can also hold 2 8s or 6s in the little front pouch, or a 25rd drum in the main part.

I currently run 2x25rd drums, 2x18rd mags, 1x20rd mags, 2x8rd mags, 2 6rd mags, and 3x12rd mags.

#357987 Good nerf gear site

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 February 2017 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

Look up gorilla tacticool on facebook. They do custom orders

#357986 Stampede and XBZ sizes

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 February 2017 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

I recently aquired a firefly shell, but i didn't know what to do with it. At first I wanted to be generic and put a stryfe inside, but stryfes are boring. 
I figured I could be original and integrate a stampede. The only problem is is that the stampede already has a nice stock. 
So why not make a "sleeper" (it won't look sleeper when there is a mag sticking out) stampede-firefly. So i was wondering if it would fit.

Theres really no reason for the firefly to be added to a stampede in the way you describe. You could possibly however cut down the firefly to put on top the back end of the stampede to utilize a xbz that fires threw the sight ports in the carry handle

#357607 Shields: Do you love them? Hate them? Ban them? Permit them?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 18 January 2017 - 12:42 PM in General Nerf

<p>

The key rule is that breaking the shield kills the shieldbearer:

• It amps up the risk factor in running a shield
  • It provides a bigger target for the jankier "shield breaker" projectiles
  • It cuts out bookkeeping and makes rules enforcement easier
  • Many players don't like throwing their equipment on the ground
  • People will step on the shield, and we don't want anyone getting lacerated on broken plastic

But does breaking the shield and killing the user make the shield null for the rest of the battle?

My post was saying ok the disc hits your shield it's broken for the rest of the rouND and you can go place it back at your base and grab a full size blaster or continue to carry it and wield a smaller one.

#357568 Shields: Do you love them? Hate them? Ban them? Permit them?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 January 2017 - 11:33 AM in General Nerf

I like the rule about exotic ammo killing the shield bearer, though it could also have certain ammo just break the shield negating it for the rest of the round

#357439 3D Printable Rapidstrike Mod Parts

Posted by DjOnslaught on 04 January 2017 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

Oh I will include yours or a link to it as well if I do. Afterall your design inspired mine, why not let them see both

#357429 3D Printable Rapidstrike Mod Parts

Posted by DjOnslaught on 04 January 2017 - 06:06 AM in Modifications

Oh ok i see how you did it now.

Mind if I download the double display file and modify it for my own use?

#357419 Stampede

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 January 2017 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

Motor might be seized up or the switch isn't fully activating it.

#357418 3D Printable Rapidstrike Mod Parts

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 January 2017 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

The screen bracket is amazing and I want one. What size oled does it hold and would you be willing to adjust it to hold a single oled on the top and a 3 piece segment 7 as the bottom.

#357326 XP180 shaft question

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 December 2016 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

Xp180 were the motors most used for that size before hellcats became available

#357325 Elite Rayven Rewiring - help!

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 December 2016 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I realized what happened.

So, this is a project with my brother. He thought that the soldering points were the metal posts that stick out that the flywheels spin around. Whoops. I desoldered it and cleaned it off. I'm afraid that the plastic housing melted around the bar and it can no longer spin.

Is there a way I can fix this? If not can I use a stryfe flywheel cage? Rayvens are like 70 dollars on eBay so I can't really get a replacement...

The stryfe cage is not compatible with the rayven. Just pick up a couple rhino 130 motors, rewire with 16awg or 18awg wire and a good microswitch and call it awesome

#357324 Preview: Rapidstrike Electronic Fire System

Posted by DjOnslaught on 26 December 2016 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

This project is done!

Enjoy some preview pics while I make some videos and a proper write-up.

2016-12-22 16.50.25.jpg

Internals shot shows the wire routing, processor in back, and Artifact flywheel setup

2016-12-22 20.08.12.jpg

Except for the crazy motor driver, it looks almost like a stock Rapidstrike

2016-12-22 20.08.29.jpg

Close-up of the motor driver, with color-coordinated heatsink, caps, and mounting bracket

2016-12-22 20.07.41.jpg

Mag size and firing parameters are loaded from the RFID tag in the magazine. You can see the red RFID receiver on the mag well.

2016-12-22 20.08.42.jpg

Close-up of displays. Upper indicates that there's no mag installed. Bottom tracks my loadout, battery voltage, and game time

2016-12-22 20.08.59.jpg

When the blaster is locked, triggers and motor driver are disabled.

Love the double display thing. I would like to do something like that if I get the right blaster for it

#356968 Possible desolator mod

Posted by DjOnslaught on 01 December 2016 - 06:53 AM in Modifications

So I'm looking to possibly get a desolator and I was wondering if it would be possible to do a rewire, motor upgrade, and run it off 8 (*Sigh* yes 8) AA Batteries using the built-in battery tray and adding another 4 in the stock. Yes yes I know what you will all say. ENP10 Just use a lipo! ENP10 Just use IMRs! I know that either of those would work better. But I just want to know if this would even be a possibility.

If there is room in the stock I would say sure you could do this. Run each 4 pack black to a motor and try to isolate the reds coming from the rev switch so each motor has there own power pack.

#356723 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 15 November 2016 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

I think have a unused pin might be useful in case of a bad one

#356691 Has Anyone Made a Mod for the Centurion?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 November 2016 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

Yes the mags fully work and so do the darts

#356681 N-Strike Elite Rapidstrike Acceleration Motors Problem.... Please Help

Posted by DjOnslaught on 08 November 2016 - 07:46 AM in General Nerf

Open it up and see if maybe something got in the battery tray causing a short. As others said it's a good opportunity to open the blaster and rewire

#356667 Help with basic mod

Posted by DjOnslaught on 07 November 2016 - 05:39 AM in Modifications

String is to tight, reinforce the catch spring g or loosen the new string

#356648 Has Anyone Made a Mod for the Centurion?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 06 November 2016 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

No doubt about it, the stock centurion sucks. its big, unwieldy. has a lot of dead space. has this weird reverse plunger system... thing. its accuracy is through the floor and is on its way to hell. its the only mega with a clip so no spare mags, no capacity upgrades unless you MAKE mega clips (in which case plz send one my way XD).

the only good side is apparently is that its big, so intergrations and internal work is easy. or so im told. the shell does look kinda cool but whats inside is what counts.

anyone have a good modded centurion? or a link to one? or know someone who knows someone who knows someone who does? the centurion looks like it should give the person who got hit a good bruise. imagine what a NORMAL plunger that BIG with something like 1264823726348 [k26] springs behind it. it might be the first nerf gun to reach relative velocities XD. cant someone 3d print something like that? PLZ IF YOU HAVE ONE PLEASE SHOW IT OFF TO THE WORLD. NOBODY WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT YOU SHOWING OFF.

Buzz bee air max tyrant 12rd mag fits the mega centurion.

#356647 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 06 November 2016 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Ah as long as it works right

#356633 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 November 2016 - 10:47 AM in Modifications

Have you considered the photo ir sensors? The ones that are both parts on a single piece, I was going to use one initially as my shot counter when I was designing my stampede.

#356632 i need some recommendations for modding my big shock

Posted by DjOnslaught on 05 November 2016 - 10:43 AM in Modifications

Gut the shell and integrate into something else

#356613 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 04 November 2016 - 04:08 AM in Modifications

Wow do I feel behind on my tech

#356598 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 03 November 2016 - 04:49 AM in Modifications

Holy crap, what kinda arduino you sticking in this beast a mega?

#356585 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 02 November 2016 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

Remember the runaway problems you had when powering on the blaster on the mk3? I just thought of something to help avoid thathe and may be easier then a pull down. You could try using a mag lock that let's everything power on but prevents pusher motor operation without a mag inserted, kinda like they normally work but it would still allow for motor rev without the mag.

#356583 Gun computer MkIV

Posted by DjOnslaught on 02 November 2016 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

I saw how you did that in the other thread and it was pretty clever. You could potentially accomplish the same thing with reed switches if you find that constant mechanical interfacing with those switches wears them out, or you can't make the assembly small enough.

You can mount small magnets between the ridges on your magazines that trip certain combinations of reed switches to denote magazine size.

That's actually the way I'm gonna be doing it, when I finally get another stampede that I think I can pull it off in.

#356522 Elec springer vs flywheel

Posted by DjOnslaught on 31 October 2016 - 07:19 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I didn't know anybody ever talked about whether flywheel or spring is better.
(That was sarcasm)
I have to agree that overall, Flywheels are better than electric springers.  Flywheels jam less, have a faster ROF, are simpler, cheaper, easy to mod, etc.  But as always, they are load, and you have to rev them before firing.  That is probably their only disadvantage, but its big enough that it can't be said that Flywheel is always better.  I think electric spring makes way more sense for revolvers and belt fed blasters.  Both could be made very simply, and would allow for a better trigger, and/or no rev time.  Unfortunately, there have been no great belt fed blasters, as the Vulcan is the only electric spring belt fed blaster, and it's over complicated and old.  So there is still potential for electric spring if you ask me.
(by the way, I like the vulcan, I made a M60 vulcan, but it's too old to be much good.)

The havoc was a vulcan reshell

#356508 Pump Action Recon

Posted by DjOnslaught on 31 October 2016 - 04:41 AM in Modifications

He linked a retailiator kit but is asking about it to use in a recon. Keep in mind it should work but there is no guarantee

#356504 Elec springer vs flywheel

Posted by DjOnslaught on 30 October 2016 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

Yes jwasko the stampede has a catch. I looked back and noticed it did. As for the argument between the 2 it basically come down to preference. I'm not the rush in and dump my clips as fast as possible type. I tend to try and be more surgical with my shots.

#356502 Stampede select fire

Posted by DjOnslaught on 30 October 2016 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

There was a arduino thread for this blaster started by Kingbob that me and him worked on in the thread and he did that. Reference that thread for help

#356459 Elec springer vs flywheel

Posted by DjOnslaught on 28 October 2016 - 09:32 AM in General Nerf

I have many years of electronics work under my belt so the electronics mod aspect I'm solid on and can do everything shy of arduino (haven't learned the programming aspect yet, the hardware part is simple).

The elec springers I'm looking at don't have catches so it wouldn't matter there (stampede n swarmfire) just like the flywheel blasters don't have them.

I was more curious which people looked at from a use standpoint (stock or modded) as far as preferences

#356449 Elec springer vs flywheel

Posted by DjOnslaught on 27 October 2016 - 07:12 PM in General Nerf

So which is better. I am currently working on a odd integration (swarmfire+firefly) and I'm curious which type of battery powered firing system is better

#356416 Stuck screw

Posted by DjOnslaught on 25 October 2016 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

Lol I don't have a drill. Even if I did I probably won't do it.

what? 2 screws on the bottom won't come out. I just want to upgrade the spring and seals not disassemble it completely.

Thanks but what I'm hearing is... I'm screwed.
Goddamn it the triad costs 12 dollars in Korea...

Even if you got all 3 screws out the plate is glued on (which heat can help with as well as loosening the screws should any threadless be present.)

#356405 Nerf crossbolt help

Posted by DjOnslaught on 24 October 2016 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

It might be worth experimenting with springs. Just be careful it jams alot with worn dart

#356389 3s Lipo connecters good enough for modded stampede?

Posted by DjOnslaught on 23 October 2016 - 02:26 PM in Modifications

It really depends on personal preference, I prefer Deans or EC3 over XT60 simply because they're easier to solder ans assemble. Personally, I think XT60 would be easy to reverse plug in, so I don't use them. Whatever floats your goat though.

How when the ends are totally different on the xt60 on is flat and 1 have a triangle on it. You can't plug it in backwards at all.