CCBall's Content

There have been 70 items by CCBall (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#357500 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CCBall on 07 January 2017 - 11:01 PM in Modifications

Mods:

5kg OMW Spring

Lock Removal

Aesthetics:

Some Super Soaker Stock

12rnd Mag/Clip

FVN Darts

Rapidstrike inner barrel wrapped in tape and jammed into the front

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20170107_215558583.jpg

#356126 Jankytron 3000 (JT3K)

Posted by CCBall on 05 October 2016 - 08:12 PM in Homemades

Firing vid of this crazy monstrosity?

#356047 Modding a RapidStrike, Battery/Motor Help

Posted by CCBall on 27 September 2016 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

forgive my ignorance, but 3s prone to firing issues because the pusher winding down after power is cut will push a dart into decelerating flywheels, correct?

I'd still prefer a 3s system, I'll just work around, probably either reduce power going into pusher or run it on a 9v or something similar; don't need an absurd fire rate.

I've been looking at the Hellcat 180 over the Rhino because of the higher torque if I did want rapid fire at full velocity

If you have too high rof/too low torque pusher motor in a live center style circuit, it can happen on any voltage. Never use 9v batteries for powering the blaster itself; only use them for leds.

#355902 And we're back....

Posted by CCBall on 20 September 2016 - 08:59 PM in News

Indubitably.  Would you care for a glass of sherry as a reward?  Follow me to the wine cellar...

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't get that one. We read some Edgar Allen Poe last year (mostly on a webquest), and I haven't read much outside of school. Though I did get the first one.

Anyways, no underage drinking. Do you have any root beer?

#355891 And we're back....

Posted by CCBall on 20 September 2016 - 04:33 PM in News

Ahhh, home.  Where I keep my heart.  Under the floorboards.

Was this a reference to Edgar Allen Poe?

#355890 Stryfe Kriss Vector Kit, Paint, and Internals Mod "Kookies 'n

Posted by CCBall on 20 September 2016 - 04:24 PM in Modifications

Oh my! Will they burst into flames or something? I've ran the pair of 180's on three of the Trustfire cells (which is what melted my flywheel cage to the flywheel itself in the first place. However, that incident was due to improper spacing between the cage and flywheels). I only got the chance to do this for a few seconds and they seemed fine. It would have been nice if I had the opportunity to further test it.

Actually, they can. Over-discharge can permanently damage the battery and hinder what little function it already had. Severe over-discharge could cause them to vent flammable gas (which will ignite). Here's what would most likely happen when you would try to run MTB Wolverines in a Stryfe off of 2 of them (trying to draw about 100a from a 1a power supply):

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/13539

I bet you could guarantee detonation by getting a Stryfe with 2 Tamiya Plasma Dash motors, with their stock magnets replaced with neodymium ones, and try to rev it with 4 of them.  

#355800 Stryfe Kriss Vector Kit, Paint, and Internals Mod "Kookies 'n

Posted by CCBall on 25 August 2016 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

14500 IMR cells can barely handle upgraded 130 motors. 180's on trustfires are a death wish. 180's LiPo, but you might be able to get away with running 2s2p 14500 cells. If you have really good ones.

#355445 Stryfe Mod - 3D Printed FWC

Posted by CCBall on 09 August 2016 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

Was it canted? If it was, try a brass dart guide.

#354932 What switches should i use for a 3s and xp180s

Posted by CCBall on 10 July 2016 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

Why are you using a 3s and xp180s?

#354673 HR-1 Rifle

Posted by CCBall on 29 June 2016 - 07:54 PM in Homemades

A bike pump with a barrel?

#354615 Project Midnight Sky: Stampede Shell

Posted by CCBall on 27 June 2016 - 06:41 PM in Modifications

Just put an airgun in it, a longshot isn't worth the trouble.

Agreed.

#354556 DCHAP-3

Posted by CCBall on 25 June 2016 - 01:52 PM in Homemades

1: Cool blaster!

2: Have you made one yet?

3: Any news on the Abp5k?

#353654 XBZ flipfury idea

Posted by CCBall on 21 May 2016 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

why not get 4 and make a Doominator useful. You'll have to find a way to quickly attach/detach the tank from the barrel system and pump. Also you should probably take this down before you get warned. The Admins don't like concept threads. 

It's true. They don't. But why not quad absolver? ALL THE DARTS!

#353481 The BEST upgrade motor for the Stryfe (after extensive testing) is...

Posted by CCBall on 14 May 2016 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

I use that site to buy shark nsr 40's. It looks to be the right size and shape. I've actually been wanting someone like coop who get's revenue for their videos to try out these just to see what happens. It would be great to see a graph showing the effect of rpm on fps. It would probably be curved because of dart slippage. I'm wondering if there is a point where more rpm doesn't create a higher fps.

Nevermind.

#353274 Suggestions for motor-replacing a flywheel blaster while still using I

Posted by CCBall on 05 May 2016 - 03:48 PM in Modifications

I have found a link for demolisher worker flywheels if you want them:

http://www.ebay.com/...y-/272141507059

#353273 Where can I find banshee motors?

Posted by CCBall on 05 May 2016 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

Thanks.

#353226 Where can I find banshee motors?

Posted by CCBall on 03 May 2016 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

I can't seem to find them.

#353225 Suggestions for motor-replacing a flywheel blaster while still using I

Posted by CCBall on 03 May 2016 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

It's not the torque that prevents dart slippage (but more of it helps), it's the lack or rpm. Rhinos on 4s will get unnecessary rpm that will cause slippage (I think I heard from 498 Nerf it was around 44k rpm) which will decrease fps and accuracy. Heavier flywheels (I think) will help with dart slippage, as more energy is transferred.
I've read that glass-ceiling velocities are produced from 20k to 30k rpm.

#353200 Suggestions for motor-replacing a flywheel blaster while still using I

Posted by CCBall on 02 May 2016 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Rhinos will handle 4 IMR's just fine, but like you said capacity and amperage leave something to be desired.

There is no 130 motor currently produced that is spec'ed for 14+volts. Rhinos will be your best bet.

If you need a pair hit me up.

Actually, there is. That would be a Ninco XLOT XL2 motor. They get 28k rpm on 4s, at 330 g/cm of torque.

@Duke Wintermaul,

At least they're a better option than motors that will get unnecessary dart slippage. They've been used before with good results, too.

#352998 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CCBall on 23 April 2016 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

My banded firestrike. My newest youtube video "explains" it.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20160423_2259094_rewind.jpg
  • IMG_20160423_2303571_rewind.jpg

#352860 Aluminum Flywheels

Posted by CCBall on 19 April 2016 - 07:34 AM in Modifications

It has been a long time, but I got my blaster together. Here is the first test. My Lipo is dumping. I will charge it and get another video up.

I want to see what the old motors on 2s did with that rapidstrike. You could put 180s in the flywheels; they have more torque. Especially compared to mini-z motors.

#352312 Retaliator with a Longshot plungertube and sealed breech

Posted by CCBall on 20 March 2016 - 12:25 PM in Modifications

How would it be different with an EAT?

#352306 Ghetto 12 mags

Posted by CCBall on 20 March 2016 - 08:25 AM in Modifications

Could you make an 18 out of this concept?

#352304 barrel mod for the bigshock

Posted by CCBall on 20 March 2016 - 08:22 AM in Modifications

Rebarrel the dart tag thing all the way with brass. Fun times are to be had

#352303 Yang Ember Celica Nerf Gun! (RWBY Cosplay)

Posted by CCBall on 20 March 2016 - 08:20 AM in Modifications

Still working on an arm mounted rapidstrike... I could use this as inspiration.

#352063 Retaliator with a Longshot plungertube and sealed breech

Posted by CCBall on 08 March 2016 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

Put this in a recon and life will be complete.

#352061 Yang Ember Celica Nerf Gun! (RWBY Cosplay)

Posted by CCBall on 08 March 2016 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

I approve! I approve! Give this man a standing ovation!

#351976 So I was looking around...

Posted by CCBall on 03 March 2016 - 10:44 AM in Darts and Barrels

Yea do some research and see if they can be bought for cheaper. As someone who has ACCs, these look like they are going to solve all issues with the original black darts. I am going to also say if these happen to live up to the claims of not being black, having a longer stem, and can be fired out of flywheels then I will say these will hands down be one of the best darts on the market

These 2 places were the only places I could find them. I saw a picture of them next to some acc v5 fvj darts while looking for good fvjs, and then I got interested and searched them. These seem to be quite new to the market, as they are were first found in December of last year, and they're estimated to go into production soon, as the seller guessed in February of this year. If they're good, they may be able to compete as the "superstock" version of xplorer darts.

#351974 So I was looking around...

Posted by CCBall on 03 March 2016 - 09:02 AM in Darts and Barrels

Ohh Anyway to buy them or are those just images? I don't have experience with them but I want too. 

To buy.

#351961 Ebay Stock Dart and Acronym Guide

Posted by CCBall on 02 March 2016 - 05:25 PM in Darts and Barrels

It's been reported that FVJ darts with "A.C.C. v5.0" printed on the side are higher quality and more consistent than other 'FVJ's.  Unfortunately they don't appear to be available on eBay or Amazon, and most people seem to be getting them from taobao.

http://world.taobao....m?fromSite=main

Found 'em.

http://www.buychina....mb-xxupmmoqmpnk

#351960 So I was looking around...

Posted by CCBall on 02 March 2016 - 05:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

And I found this:

https://my.carousell.com/p/37030553

They are marketed as ACC V2 Prototype darts. Does anyone know if they're good? I may have to do some investigation.

Edit: Another link

https://sg.carousell.com/p/38162373

#351830 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by CCBall on 27 February 2016 - 11:28 AM in Off Topic

DerpFails is me. I play TF2 occasionally.

#351550 Can Shootout

Posted by CCBall on 15 February 2016 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

Okay, so you did participate in the 'challenge' this time. And I admit that was what I told you was wrong with the last challenge you posted. However, I failed to mention that the challenge should also be something that is generally worth doing.  It's okay.  That's totally my fault. 

So in the future, when you think about making a 'challenge', you should probably not post it if it is something that wouldn't fly on it's own.  A photo of some stacked bottles and a whiteboard is not really worth posting on it's own.  If it isn't enough on it's own, making it into a challenge to other members to participate in isn't going to help. 

Here are some general types of challenges that might be worth pursuing:

• Post a write-up around a common theme, such as a specific blaster or a type of modding materials, etc.
  • Host a local nerf war on a particular date and invite your friends to introduce them to the hobby.
  • Host a war with the most people/most new people/coolest location/etc
  • Go to a DIY Class (NIC) nerf war for as many weekends in a row as you can.
  • Take the best action shot of a nerf war, and post it on NH.  Can't be staged or photoshopped.
  • Build a new nerf-related project every week in a particular month. 

Criteria you should meet at least one of if you are posting a challenge:

• Award a substantial prize for whoever wins, and have a panel of respected judges committed to judging the winner. 
  • Participate in the challenge by submitting an above average entry with lots of documentation/proof
  • Be a Contributor/Moderator/Administrator of NerfHaven. 
  • Be a Nerf Internet Celebrity that doesn't suck. 

Now I don't want to confuse you, but I'm not posting any of this information to encourage you to continue to post 'challenges'.  I would actually prefer that you stop.  I'm providing this list for information purposes only, and I can't make any guarantee that posting a challenge won't result it a warning with time off if it's super lame. 

Ok. Next time, I will do better. I just want to be able to compare to people other than me, just for fun, as I highly doubt there are any serious-ish nerfers where I live. I don't have the time to go to nerf wars, as they're too far away, and I'm a young student. I don't have the money, to do serious modding, or to be able to buy or make something as a prize. The best I have for a prize is that I can say you've won, and you can be proud of that. I don't have either to host, as I'm too young to host and my parents hate nerf and my grandparents are big on safety. Even if I could host serious war, I don't have the equipment to become competitive. The most I'll get is shooting cans, for now. Like I said, I want to know how I compare to others, to see if it's even worthwhile to try to become a big nerfer. I want to, but I can't yet. So next time I have an idea, I will try to consider whether I should post it, as if it doesn't meet the criteria, I will be punished. Hopefully the day I can post legitimate content will come soon. 

#351544 Can Shootout

Posted by CCBall on 15 February 2016 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

This is my first challenge (that will have an entry).

Blasters (the only ones you need are a stock stryfe with a retaliator barrel and duracell alkaline batteries and a stock crossbolt)

IMG_20160215_155505.jpg

Darts (6 suction cup elites, 10 elites), (1 suction elite is pre-loaded in the crossbolt, the rest are in an old n-strike mag with 3 normal elites), (the remaining 7 elites are in another 6 mag), (all of the darts are well

IMG_20160215_155032.jpg

Target (you must use the same types of targets, as in similar size bottles and cans in the shape below), (ground below target is smooth, slick concrete), (scoring is # of cans/bottles knocked down)

IMG_20160215_154504.jpg

Distance (be prepared for some math), (a=farthest distance from tip of barrel to part of target, behind the center bottle, where the 2 center bottom cans meet), (b=tip of barrel), (c=point on ground directly below barrel), (ab=144 inches), (bc=34 inches), (ac=?), (use picture below for shape reference)

math.png

My (and my friend's) entry, current

IMG_20160215_155649.jpg

Edit: Someone who has made it past algebra 1 (if I don't learn it soon) reply what ac would be.

#351540 Dual Strike = Much Potential.

Posted by CCBall on 15 February 2016 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

If you choose to keep the smart ar systems, you could rebarrel them with the barrels (including the megas) in this website:

https://urbaniso.wor...rs-and-barrels/

Combine it with a strong spring and a seal/lubrication upgrade (and air release hole coverage, ) and you have yourself a ridiculous secondary or a decent pistol primary. That is, with some dump pouches full of full vinyl jackets and good megas. If you integrated a thunderbow ar system on bottom and a persuader's on top and kept full functionality while keeping the significant power increase you would be a genius!

#351444 Nerf Battle Racer Ride On

Posted by CCBall on 10 February 2016 - 06:44 PM in General Nerf

That would be quite cool. Pedal from those zombies!

#351362 If you're bored...

Posted by CCBall on 05 February 2016 - 05:06 PM in Modifications

Do triads count? I might "enter" this "contest" with a submission but I'd rather do it with a blaster i have already, and know my local walmart has, than have to buy a jolt for this purpose.

Do triads count? I might "enter" this "contest" with a submission but I'd rather do it with a blaster i have already, and know my local walmart has, than have to buy a jolt for this purpose.

No. But I will add a triad section to this, too. Cartaya said that he'd have an entry, but not yet. You can buy jolts over amazon.

This is about range, not fps, beware. I didn't realise this myself, earlier. I may just buy a jolt over the weekend and use it as a baseline.

#351345 If you're bored...

Posted by CCBall on 04 February 2016 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

I have an idea for a fun challenge. That would be the (drum roll please) jolt challenge! Your challenge is to make a jolt as powerful as possible. I recommend a highly reinforced or homemade plunger and catch, 1/2 inch brass barrel, ridiculous spring, inline/nano mod, stupid banding, slightly wider than elite stefans, and a new handle. This is all about range and range only, and you must use the stock plunger tube and draw. If you decide to try, inform other nerfers about this challenge. I am only here to watch, as to see what you smart people create may give me an idea that I will actually perform myself.

Cartaya wanted me to post this on the forums, so I guess that means he accepts. Are there any other challengers?

Edit: Triads can be entered too, but not to compete against jolts.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

THANKS FOR POSTING A CONTEST IN WHICH YOU HAD NO INTEREST IN PARTICIPATING, NOR ANY INTEREST IN PROVIDING AWARDS FOR PARTICIPANTS.

#351317 Sleeper Breech Longshot

Posted by CCBall on 03 February 2016 - 08:17 AM in Modifications

This has been made before, and it was called the minimumist longshot breech. You did explain this with more detail, though.

#351097 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CCBall on 24 January 2016 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

My "modded" firestrike. I hope you accept videos, too:

Edit: Sorry about the bad recording. My friend was recording, and if you saw that dart fly, you would understand why I think it's cool.